All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:19 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:16 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:02 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:26 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:24 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:10 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:04 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:46 am
tech37 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:28 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:05 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:03 am Yikes, looks like outright fraud.
The Guardian's description of the specific "ethical" issues is very revealing...ouch.
That’s meaningless. Just their opinion. You have to go back and follow all of the Bret Weinstein podcasts to follow it. Drug approval protocols are rigged.
:roll: kismet's Nature link and the podcast I linked, both refer to the same "flawed" study the Guardian cited weeks ago, genius.
Uh huh….but still promoting it. How about wait until a legitimate study has been conducted.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supple ... 064397?p=1
like with masks.
Yeah because nobody has ever wore a mask to cut down on disease spread and wearing a mask might be dangerous…. You have a lot to lose by wearing a mask. It keeps the germs in and makes COVID-19 worse….you a were in on HCL if I recall correctly.

https://www.eatthis.com/face-masks-side-effects/
i was in? really? love to see that post.

the who went 5 months questioning the efficacy or prudence of masks in the community. then signed off with "what can it hurt?". what was their problem with all this evidence, i wonder? should we bring them up on charges or just malign them on social media?
ftr, i'd absolutely love for that tact to be proven with any real probability, given our leaning on it.
I may have recalled incorrectly then.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8

Idiots at WHO don’t know if masks helps to reduce disease spread:

https://www.who.int/news/item/03-03-202 ... -worldwide
thanks for the nature article again to reiterate my point. maybe i should start posting it.

the who made their reasoning clear monthly. shortage of ppe was one and there were others. like they didn't have any idea if would be helpful in community. for a number of reasons. still don't?

but of course you knew that already.
Wait you believed the WHO when they said masks are not helpful but now you don't believe them?
where did i say i believe anything they say? i'm not a scientist.
and where did i say they said they weren't helpful? maybe use my words?
and you should read up on their guidance if you want to walk down this road.
Did you notice “?”. Guidance has been the mask is one part of mitigation efforts. If you can’t get a good mask get a 3 ply. Something like that. I didn’t wait on the WHO to gear up….I thought you were going to say it has nothing to do with “belief” actually….maybe I mischaracterized something like we don’t know if masks are helpful.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Not a real world application.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Not a real world application
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

guidance:
"masks" - 95%
social distancing - 4.5%
wash your hands - 0.5%
take a half hour out of your time whenever and tally it up when hearing out the talking points we are consuming.

these are all sans vaxx, of course. vaxx is now firmly in the lead.

ironically, my gut instinct is that with covid fatigue taking greater hold, "masks" may be on the cusp of their greatest effectiveness.... people staying away, instead of congregating.

too tough to sort that out fo sho, and i don't have time for studies. we're in a pandemic.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:47 pm

always the good stuff. i hear hcq worked in petri dishes, too.
https://theconversation.com/face-masks- ... why-147912
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:48 pm guidance:
"masks" - 95%
social distancing - 4.5%
wash your hands - 0.5%
take a half hour out of your time whenever and tally it up when hearing out the talking points we are consuming.

ironically, my gut instinct is that with covid fatigue taking greater hold, "masks" may be on the cusp of their greatest effectiveness.... people staying away, instead of congregating.

too tough to sort that out fo sho, and i don't have time for studies. we're in a pandemic.
I am wearing a mask when I can’t social distance until this Delta strain dies down. I take my advice from home. I have always been a better safe than sorry type of person. I am used to being inconvenienced.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:55 pm

Yep. I don’t cover my mouth when I cough and sneeze. I taught my kids not to do that also. What for?
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:59 pm

Yep. I don’t cover my mouth when I cough and sneeze. I taught my kids not to do that also. What for?
did they have a petri dish for coughing into your hand or arm?
per the article, then... make sure you're changing your mask out every hour. that's what we're all doing, right? it's common sense.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:39 am
The Guardian's description of the specific "ethical" issues is very revealing...ouch.
That’s meaningless. Just their opinion. You have to go back and follow all of the Bret Weinstein podcasts to follow it. Drug approval protocols are rigged.
:roll: kismet's Nature link and the podcast I linked, both refer to the same "flawed" study the Guardian cited weeks ago, genius.
Sure looks like a fraudulent study to me.
Darn students actually analyzing...

AND I just don't buy that there would be resistance to recommending something that could actually be proven effective and safe. But gotta prove it.
Unreal...

Yes!, it's flawed, no one including Weinstein said it wasn't. The people conducting it did a bad job.

The point of the podcast is, with these trials you don't just "throw the baby out with the bathwater" when these things happen. They removed the flawed study and still have positive IM results re Covid according to the UK doctor. One flawed study is not definitive.

Not sure why you're commenting when you didn't watch or listen to the podcast.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:03 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:59 pm

did they have a petri dish for coughing into your hand or arm?
per the article, then... make sure you're changing your mask out every hour. that's what we're all doing, right? it's common sense.
Good thing I wear glasses. A mask is my third line of defense so I change it daily. Thanks for that article. Doesn't have any answers so I will follow my father's advice....prepare for the worse and hope for the best.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:10 pm

AND I just don't buy that there would be resistance to recommending something that could actually be proven effective and safe. But gotta prove it.
Unreal...

Yes!, it's flawed, no one including Weinstein said it wasn't. The people conducting it did a bad job.

The point of the podcast is, with these trials you don't just "throw the baby out with the bathwater" when these things happen. They removed the flawed study and still have positive IM results re Covid according to the UK doctor. One flawed study is not definitive.

Link a couple of other studies if you don't mind..... Not a "meta analysis".... also something by someone not pitched by Weinstein.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Our friends at the hair salon again:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/f ... le/2776536
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Unreal...

No good, controlled studies is the point.
And when the study that was getting touted as the answer is found to be downright fraudulent?
Well, we're back to snake oil until proven otherwise.

And yeah, I'm done with Weinstein. No more ratholes with him.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:36 pm

Unreal...

And when the study that was getting touted as the answer is found to be downright fraudulent?

He doesn't need your blessing I'm certain. Definitely your loss, IMO of course.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:41 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:36 pm

Unreal...

He doesn't need your blessing I'm certain. Definitely your loss, IMO of course.
:D well, definitely your 'opinion..
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:27 pm Our friends at the hair salon again:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/f ... le/2776536
they're always the lead. i don't go anywhere else for my hair appointments.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:58 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:48 pm guidance:
"masks" - 95%
social distancing - 4.5%
wash your hands - 0.5%

I am wearing a mask when I can’t social distance until this Delta strain dies down. I take my advice from home. I have always been a better safe than sorry type of person. I am used to being inconvenienced.

... goes without saying, its part of being married. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

I called this months ago. Where do I sign?
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”