All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

ggait

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by ggait »

You do realize that pregnant women or women wishing to get pregnant might have an issue with any vaccine, right?
You do realize that pregnancy does not give women immunity from being stupid, uninformed, ignorant or partisan blind, right?

Because all the baby docs have been telling pregnant women to get vaxed. Good for mom, good for the pregnancy, and good for the baby. Because, among other things, the vax passes anti-bodies along to the baby (who can't get vaccinated by itself).

#science

#listentoyourob/gyn

#don'tlistentopetey

#timetoblametheunvaccinated

Some recent headlines for ya:

Experts ‘strongly encourage’ pregnant women to be vaccinated against COVID-19

https://www.news10.com/top-stories/expe ... -covid-19/

Austin Public Health recommending pregnant, breastfeeding women get the COVID-19 vaccine

Doctors said the COVID-19 delta variant is causing more severe symptoms in unvaccinated pregnant women, sometimes resulting in hospitalizations and premature births.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/healt ... f8fa235085

Although the overall risk of severe illness is low, pregnant and recently pregnant people are at a higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 when compared to non-pregnant people.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... eople.html
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Masks Might Offer Some Protection

This sums it up:

“You can’t do randomized trials for everything — and you shouldn’t.” As clinical researchers are sometimes fond of saying, parachutes have never been tested in a randomized controlled trial, either.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:32 pm Masks Might Offer Some Protection

This sums it up:

“You can’t do randomized trials for everything — and you shouldn’t.” As clinical researchers are sometimes fond of saying, parachutes have never been tested in a randomized controlled trial, either.
can't do a good mask article/guidance without the 2 missouri hairstylists leading as your first (best?) example.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:56 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:32 pm Masks Might Offer Some Protection

This sums it up:

can't do a good mask article/guidance without the 2 missouri hairstylists leading as your first (best?) example.
I liked the rats in a cage. Close enough.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:16 am

This sums it up:

sure, prophetic. the symbolism is deep.
you must've been a film major/minor.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:24 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:16 am

This sums it up:

sure, prophetic. the symbolism is deep.
you must've been a film major/minor.
Mass Media Communication Minor.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Maybe Fauci was on to something when he said masks do not work?

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:58 am Maybe Fauci was on to something when he said masks do not work?

Do you think you are as good at anything that you have done in your life, as Fauci has been in his field?
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:06 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:58 am Maybe Fauci was on to something when he said masks do not work?

Do you think you are as good at anything that you have done in your life, as Fauci has been in his field?
So you finally agree. That only took a year. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:08 am

🤡….hadn’t used that in a while. Congratulations.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:10 am

You should be thanking Japan and JHU for the statistics.
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:14 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:10 am

You should be thanking Japan and JHU for the statistics.
No. I congratulated you…..not thanked you. When was the last time you were in Japan? I have not visited Japan yet.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

This graph is indeed interesting, notwithstanding more ‘Fauci expert’ destruction.

It does appear as if masks are ineffective regarding this virus. The only thing that is effective is simply not interacting with other human beings, which isn’t exactly realistic.

Herd immunity, here we go. 3 years, start to finish.

Is China obligated to pay the world for their leak?
Typical Lax Dad

Masks don’t seem to help mitigate viral spread at all… leave your mask at home.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Here is some decent information. May not have a lot of pictures.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 1.full.pdf
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

More helpful news from Florida:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/02/politics ... index.html

Amid recent surging coronavirus cases in Florida, a top Republican National Committee official in the state has spread anti-vaccine rhetoric and misinformation, comparing the Biden administration's vaccine efforts to Nazi-era "brown shirts," and twice calling the vaccines "the mark of the beast," comparable to a "false god."

A review by CNN's KFile found that Peter Feaman, a lawyer and RNC committeeman from Florida made the comments on his blog the "The Backhoe Chronicles," which he publishes regularly in a private group on MeWe. The social media platform bills itself as the "anti-Facebook" app.

"The Biden brown shirts are beginning to show up at private homes questioning vaccine papers," Feaman wrote on July 20, incorrectly implying government officials would be showing up at people's homes to question their vaccination status, comparing them to the Nazi Party paramilitary wing.

Previously, he supported far-right Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, who used the term and faced swift backlash.

In May, Feaman called Covid-19 vaccines a "mark of the beast" -- a reference to a symbol from the biblical Book of Revelations showing allegiance to Satan -- and called Michigan Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer "diabolical" for encouraging vaccines. "Diabolical Michigan Governor Whiter wants her citizens to get the Mark of the Beast to participate in society," Feaman wrote.

"Now the Michigan Democrat has announced that she is going to prolong the state's suffering until residents submit to getting 'the jab' and if enough of them comply with her demands, then she and Joe Biden might permit them to celebrate Fourth of July," he added, seemingly referencing the Biden administration's goal to have 70% of the US adult population with at least one dose of the vaccine by that holiday. (The goal was not met.)

He later added, "Hey Whitmer, we will not bow to your false god."

CNN reached out to Feaman and the RNC for comment multiple times but neither responded.

Feaman is one of three officials representing Florida in the governing body of the RNC, the political committee which leads the Republican Party. He has served in the position since 2012.

His reelection to the position in 2020 at an annual Florida Republican Party meeting was supported by state party chairman Joe Gruters, and he was previously appointed to nomination commissions for state and federal judges by Sen. Marco Rubio and then-Florida Gov. Rick Scott. He also served as an elector in the 2016 and 2020 presidential election.

On Sunday, Florida broke its record for coronavirus hospitalizations just one day after the state recorded the most new daily Covid-19 cases since the start of the pandemic."
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:13 am Image

Masks don’t seem to help mitigate viral spread at all… leave your mask at home.

I can’t believe Governor desantis has increased Covid case loads in Kansas!! He’s everywhere!

Also, there goes the esteemed CDC again with their data. First they said masks were no good, then good, then no good because vaccines, now good again even with vaccines. Definitely reliable folks!!
CU88

Post by CU88 »

"The White House #COVID19 response said 1 in 3 cases nationwide occurred in Florida or Texas this week."

Stating the obvious...regions with lower vaccine uptake that provide more opportunities for virus transmission will see upwards cases & hospitalizations.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspec ... d-19-surge
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”