All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:07 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:05 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:13 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:09 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:07 pm Well there is always the Waffle House:

https://ny.eater.com/2021/7/29/22599695 ... urants-nyc
waffle house will hold strong.
Big waffle house guy…..someone on Laxpower described it as a gas station bathroom with a kitchen….. I take a friend there every time I go home. Nothing says “you are back at home” quite like the Waffle House experience.
Especially between 1 am and 6 am.
The slightest perceived slight can lead to conflict…..Ummm could I get that water I asked for? The right answer better come back or it can spiral quickly….
The local fauna during those hours is what I particularly relish.
:lol:
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Oops.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/we ... -the-world

USA! USA!USA!

We're #1....

"The U.S. reported the highest number of new COVID-19 infections in the world in the last week as the delta variant fuels a surge of new cases, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

The WHO’s latest epidemiological report shows the U.S. tallied 500,332 new cases for the week ending July 25. That’s a 131-percent increase in new infections compared with the week prior.

The U.S. was followed by Brazil, Indonesia, the United Kingdom and India."

I'd like to thank my idiot neighbors and fellow citizens....
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:05 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:13 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:09 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:07 pm Well there is always the Waffle House:

https://ny.eater.com/2021/7/29/22599695 ... urants-nyc
waffle house will hold strong.
Big waffle house guy…..someone on Laxpower described it as a gas station bathroom with a kitchen….. I take a friend there every time I go home. Nothing says “you are back at home” quite like the Waffle House experience.
Especially between 1 am and 6 am.
The slightest perceived slight can lead to conflict…..Ummm could I get that water I asked for? The right answer better come back or it can spiral quickly….
"could i get a water when you get the chance?"
you're welcome.

ya, hash browns.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:16 pm Oops.

USA! USA!USA!

We're #1....

"The U.S. reported the highest number of new COVID-19 infections in the world in the last week as the delta variant fuels a surge of new cases, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

The WHO’s latest epidemiological report shows the U.S. tallied 500,332 new cases for the week ending July 25. That’s a 131-percent increase in new infections compared with the week prior.

the good news, as usual, is we're not testing enough so the real number isn't out there and scary.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:22 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:16 pm Oops.

USA! USA!USA!

We're #1....

the good news, as usual, is we're not testing enough so the real number isn't out there and scary.
Testing? We don't need no stinkin' testing!!
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
ggait

Post by ggait »

Off Topic, how is Trey Murphy III? I like his upside.

great shooter. plus defender. can finish inside but can't get by anybody, which is weird. never could dominate in the times they could've used it. he can have a career, 6th man, 2nd unit or glue guy.
Murphy has had a huge rise in his draft stock.

Started the season as projected undrafted. Had one good year at UVA, but not crazy good. Did not make 1st/2nd/3rd/HM team All-ACC. Currently a skinny, meh defender with a weak handle. But he's 6'9", 7'1" wing span, 38" vertical leap, an excellent shooter, only age 21, and played defense for Tony Bennett.

So the thinking is that he eventually could grow into a guy who could guard the 2/3/4 and even the 5 in a pinch. While a strong 3 point catch/shooter is valued in the NBA, your ability to get minutes in the NBA depends primarily on who/how you can guard. If you can't defend well enough to stay on the court, you'll never get enough shots for your shooting to matter.

Because the NBA draft is all about upside potential, it makes sense that Murphy might go as high as #15. And that national POY Garza might go undrafted.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Stay out of Tejas.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/29/texas-g ... imits.html

"Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order Thursday, reiterating his opposition to mask mandates, Covid-related business restrictions and vaccination requirements and issuing fines of up to $1,000 on those who fail to comply.

The governor also called on state hospitals to deliver daily reports on their capacity to the Texas Department of State Health Services to send to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

So what if you are a Federal worker in Tejas?

He wants to get a chance to cook those numbers a little, huh?

Hard to say who the bigger azzhat is between Abbott and DeSantis.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:50 pm

great shooter. plus defender. can finish inside but can't get by anybody, which is weird. never could dominate in the times they could've used it. he can have a career, 6th man, 2nd unit or glue guy.

Started the season as projected undrafted. Had one good year at UVA, but not crazy good. Did not make 1st/2nd/3rd/HM team All-ACC. Currently a skinny, meh defender with a weak handle. But he's 6'9", 7'1" wing span, 38" vertical leap, an excellent shooter, only age 21, and played defense for Tony Bennett.

So the thinking is that he eventually could grow into a guy who could guard the 2/3/4 and even the 5 in a pinch. While a strong 3 point catch/shooter is valued in the NBA, your ability to get minutes in the NBA depends primarily on who/how you can guard. If you can't defend well enough to stay on the court, you'll never get enough shots for your shooting to matter.

Because the NBA draft is all about upside potential, it makes sense that Murphy might go as high as #15. And that national POY Garza might go undrafted.
don't agree on meh defender, but you and i don't have to agree on everything, ggait.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:50 pm

He’s going to develop into a good #3 player. Think Mikal Bridges like..
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Fools. Serving Mammon, the true Christian God.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:15 pm Fools. Serving Mammon, the true Christian God.
God is providing for them, no need to vaxx, they will now have the antibodies. 8-)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:33 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:15 pm Fools. Serving Mammon, the true Christian God.
God is providing for them, no need to vaxx, they will now have the antibodies. 8-)
... rrrrright.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

as ggait would say.....damned knuckledraggers and mouth breathers not getting vaxxed, especially Flo-Rida: https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1420 ... 23397?s=20
https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-1 ... ethnicity/

Neat Website: Damned cracker-ass-Crackers.https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covi ... phics.html
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

The amusing part of this vaccine resistance is that the religious nutters think that either Jeebus will provide or they will abide as it is God's will (could be the Rapture...).

The joke's on them, the Rapture occurred and they weren't saved...

Nope, left behind with the rest of us.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:07 pm The amusing part of this vaccine resistance is that the religious nutters think that either Jeebus will provide or they will abide as it is God's will (could be the Rapture...).

You are missing the entire point of Faith my friend. There you go, again, Mr. Omniscient. :roll:
~Livy

PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:26 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:07 pm The amusing part of this vaccine resistance is that the religious nutters think that either Jeebus will provide or they will abide as it is God's will (could be the Rapture...).

You are missing the entire point of Faith my friend. There you go, again, Mr. Omniscient. :roll:
Only thing I "know" is that I don't know much of anything.

What is it you think you "know"?
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:26 pm

You mean the Mr. Omniscient Jr…Remember, I am Mr. Omniscient.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:00 pm as ggait would say.....damned knuckledraggers and mouth breathers not getting vaxxed, especially Flo-Rida: https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1420 ... 23397?s=20
https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-1 ... ethnicity/

Neat Website: Damned cracker-ass-Crackers.https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covi ... phics.html
... the Asians are clearly more rational than all the rest.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Buckle up.

"The delta variant of the coronavirus appears to cause more severe illness than earlier variants and spreads as easily as chickenpox, according to an internal federal health document that argues officials must “acknowledge the war has changed.”

The document is an internal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention slide presentation, shared within the CDC and obtained by The Washington Post. It captures the struggle of the nation’s top public health agency to persuade the public to embrace vaccination and prevention measures, including mask-wearing, as cases surge across the United States and new research suggests vaccinated people can spread the virus.

The document strikes an urgent note, revealing the agency knows it must revamp its public messaging to emphasize vaccination as the best defense against a variant so contagious that it acts almost like a different novel virus, leaping from target to target more swiftly than Ebola or the common cold."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... -guidance/
ggait

Post by ggait »

as ggait would say.....damned knuckledraggers and mouth breathers not getting vaxxed, especially Flo-Rida:
YA -- The numbers could not be more clear. Like a lot of things these days, the problem is primarily conservative white guys. Aka Bubbas, Crackers, Trumpers, Knuckle-draggers, Mouth-breathers. Let me break the numbers down for ya.

Blacks are 12% of the total U.S. population. That's 39.6M. 36% vaxed. So 64% not vaxed, which is 25.3M. Clearly there's a problem with AAs and the vaccine. But they are not driving the current shirt storm.

Whites are 60% of the total U.S. population. That's 198M. 48% of whites are vaxxed. So 52% not vaxed, which is 103M. So unvaxxed whites are 4X the number of unvaxxed blacks. But nice try, YA, on trying to blame this all on the black folks.

Among whites, WAY more Dems are getting vaxxed than Reps. Among whites, WAY more women than men are getting vaxxed.

So we'd really be in a lot better shape if we could just figure out how to get the Bubba Maga Mouthbreathers to take their shots. Since they are the single biggest demo of unvaxxed.

Free Nascar tickets? AR-15 ammo? Breakfast at Cracker Barrel? What, YA, do you think would have the biggest impact?
Boycott stupid. Country over party.

Return to “POLITICS”