Taiwan

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
PizzaSnake

Taiwan

Post by PizzaSnake »

Does Xi seek to exit the first island chain constriction via Taiwan? If so, what of world semiconductor supply?

https://www.news18.com/news/opinion/lik ... 81206.html
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Brooklyn

Re: Taiwan

Post by Brooklyn »

Taiwanese regime should cede power back to Beijing where it belongs.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

China escalates.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as ... story.html
The Chinese people have never bullied, oppressed, or enslaved the people of other countries,” he said. “At the same time, the Chinese people will never allow any foreign forces to bully, oppress or enslave us. Anyone who dares try to do that will have their heads bashed bloody against a Great Wall of steel forged by over 1.4 billion Chinese people.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newswe ... 86%3famp=1
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

China escalates.

Horse pooopy. Taiwan belongs to China. The West's puppet regime which runs Taipei needs to step aside and cede power back to where it belongs in Beijing. China need not be intimidated in any way by the hostile and imperialistic forces of the colonialist West. The island is theirs, not anyone else's. Ditto for Hong Kong. China for the Chinese, not for some puppet regime who profits from wiping Western butts.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2 ... d74ce9751b

So what will the US do? Japan is going to get pasted, so they appear to be a little more assertive.

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/26/10208665 ... able-shift
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:56 am
China escalates.

Horse pooopy. Taiwan belongs to China. The West's puppet regime which runs Taipei needs to step aside and cede power back to where it belongs in Beijing. China need not be intimidated in any way by the hostile and imperialistic forces of the colonialist West. The island is theirs, not anyone else's. Ditto for Hong Kong. China for the Chinese, not for some puppet regime who profits from wiping Western butts.
Huh?
Do you really think this?

Exactly what part of Asia does not "belong to China"?

I do think there's some realism necessary here, but I totally disagree as to your characterization.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

China escalates.

Technically, China belongs to Taiwan if you know the history.

But I wouldn’t risk an American life to intervene so we are on the same side, for different reasons.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

We sponsored a USNA young man that was in the Taiwanese Naval Academy, attending USNA. Such a great young man.....I certainly hope it remains peaceful.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:10 pm We sponsored a USNA young man that was in the Taiwanese Naval Academy, attending USNA. Such a great young man.....I certainly hope it remains peaceful.
If wishes were fishes...

Any thoughts on Japan's course of action in the event of an invasion of Taiwan by China? First things first would be action to neutralize support from US forces stationed in Japan and Guam. So if you know you are going to be "collateral damage", what do you do?

I've heard the theory that Japan could go nuclear any time they want,and the ridiculous amount of enriched materials stockpiled in the Fukushima complex certainly lends credence to it.

Or, how many drones could they crank out on short notice? Cheap missiles?

However China moves it will be obvious and easy to spot, barring a decapitation of the civil government and an offer to the military leadership to accede to their fate.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:07 pm Technically, China belongs to Taiwan if you know the history.

But I wouldn’t risk an American life to intervene so we are on the same side, for different reasons.

Care to back that up?

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:26 pm Huh?

I do think there's some realism necessary here, but I totally disagree as to your characterization.

When Chiang Kai Chek and other Chinese traitors invaded Taiwan, the people there spoken Fukien which is a form of Chinese. What part of Asia belongs to China? Those parts that speak Chinese or its variations.

old salt

Post by old salt »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:07 pm
China escalates.

Technically, China belongs to Taiwan if you know the history.

Technically, mainland China belong to Taiwan. ;)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

This would be the perfect time for the Chicoms to steamroll Taiwan. All of America is infatuated with Chandler Osbourne and getting him chit canned. Hell nobody would notice for months, unless Chandler reported on it.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

:lol:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:34 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:26 pm Huh?

When Chiang Kai Chek and other Chinese traitors invaded Taiwan, the people there spoken Fukien which is a form of Chinese. What part of Asia belongs to China? Those parts that speak Chinese or its variations.
Seriously? Do all English speaking nations belong to Great Britain? All French belong to France? All Russian belong to Russia?

Come on Brooklyn, do you actually believe this stuff?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:53 am Seriously? Do all English speaking nations belong to Great Britain? All French belong to France? All Russian belong to Russia?

Mebbe you should read a few history books on the subject before you try to mischaracterize others. Formosa was part of the Qing Dynasty which goes back to the 17th century. Nobody gave Chiang Kai Chek permission to invade that island and proclaim it for himself.

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:30 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:53 am Seriously? Do all English speaking nations belong to Great Britain? All French belong to France? All Russian belong to Russia?

Mebbe you should read a few history books on the subject before you try to mischaracterize others. Formosa was part of the Qing Dynasty which goes back to the 17th century. Nobody gave Chiang Kai Chek permission to invade that island and proclaim it for himself.
Chinese General.

I just don't follow you...boundaries move, Taiwan has been independent of China, self-governing, for a long time...it doesn't 'belong' to anyone but its citizens.

Surely the mere fact of a language being similar doesn't constitute ownership, right?

Dutch colonized it (with indigenous tribes under their rule), then a couple dynasties under China, then Japan for a good stretch...
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

History clearly shows Formosa was a apart of China for centuries starting with the Qing Dynasty. Yes, it was stolen by the Dutch and Japanese but it remained Chinese and spoke that language. It still does. Please check out any history book on the subject.

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:20 pm History clearly shows Formosa was a apart of China for centuries starting with the Qing Dynasty. Yes, it was stolen by the Dutch and Japanese but it remained Chinese and spoke that language. It still does. Please check out any history book on the subject.
hmmm, the indigenous didn't speak "Chinese"...did the Hakka immigrants from the mainland 'steal' Taiwan from them? BTW, how many dialects of "Chinese" are there?

Does the US or say, Massachusetts, or say, Nantucket, "belong" to Great Britain? Does California belong to Mexico or Spain?

Seriously, how long does a country need to exist before one can say it 'belongs' to its inhabitants, its citizens, versus a claim from any prior usurper (other than the earliest indigenous peoples known).
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

@MD,

Unfortunately you only have a superficial knowledge of the subject and, again, you would be well advised to study up on this subject before posting on it. While I am no expert I did study Mandarin for a short while (did rather poorly I must confess) as I have always had an interest on the subject.

The Hakka are a southern Han Chinese people and have long inhabited Formosa. Chiang Kai Chek was from Xikou, Ningbo which is in the Northeastern part of China. He couldn't even begin to speak Cantonese and I seriously doubt he ever learned to speak Fukkien. Those Taiwanese who were loyal to Mao had far greater claim to the island than did the capitalist refugee usurper from the north.

Return to “POLITICS”