All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:09 am Obviously this is an extremely volatile subject with deep feelings on both sides. The history of pharmaceutical companies in America has varied. Greatly helpful at some times, and greatly damaging at others. I just have a question—was it ever stated by the government or the pharmaceutical companies who produced the vaccines that they would be completely effective against covid—regardless of whether others got said vaccine around them? Or did they take a more reserved, well—we think it’s got a good chance to be effective stance?
No. Some people seem to be of the mind that we have sacrificed enough and the virus is still here. Nothing seems to have worked so we should shelve mitigation efforts and get back to normal until science figures it out. We will be on the Zeta variant by then.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:56 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:53 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:45 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:40 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:02 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:53 pm Its not humor, it's satire.

Some humor is satire. Not all satire is humor.

Satire also uses irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
I do it all the time, Einstein.
We know. And oh, so erudite!
:lol: :lol: Savior Faire!!
;)
I hope you got a chuckle…. I did. All the best..
I did indeed!

My question becomes...
If we can mostly put this covid thing behind us by next spring...anyone up for a fanlax tailgate?
There are a few people around here that I owe a beer and/or stiff drink.
I would suggest a fallball game or tourney, but not sure it will happen...
I'm in...post covid.
Sooner the better!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:39 pm We lifted restrictions and cases are going down now.
hahahaha. missed this one last night.
in a vacuum of data, all the classics.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:28 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:09 am Obviously this is an extremely volatile subject with deep feelings on both sides. The history of pharmaceutical companies in America has varied. Greatly helpful at some times, and greatly damaging at others. I just have a question—was it ever stated by the government or the pharmaceutical companies who produced the vaccines that they would be completely effective against covid—regardless of whether others got said vaccine around them? Or did they take a more reserved, well—we think it’s got a good chance to be effective stance?
No. Some people seem to be of the mind that we have sacrificed enough and the virus is still here. Nothing seems to have worked so we should shelve mitigation efforts and get back to normal until science figures it out. We will be on the Zeta variant by then.

Science has figured it out. Natural resistance to COVID is real. Peer reviewed journal before you ask.

Analysis shows durable and broad immune memory after SARS-CoV-2 infection with persisting antibody responses and memory B and T cells.

https://www.cell.com/cell-reports-medic ... edArticles

Go out and live life.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:56 am

Science has figured it out. Natural resistance to COVID is real. Peer reviewed journal before you ask.

Analysis shows durable and broad immune memory after SARS-CoV-2 infection with persisting antibody responses and memory B and T cells.

Go out and live life.
Nice try Pete, but if this guy doesn't hear it from either Biden or Fauci, it's only fodder for ridicule on here.

Good post BTW. Heard about this paper over the weekend.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

tech37 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:02 am

Go out and live life.
Nice try Pete, but if this guy doesn't hear it from either Biden or Fauci, it's only fodder for ridicule on here.

Good post BTW. Heard about this paper over the weekend.

I’m blown away with how politicized COVID has become.

I trust people and I trust the body. It’s worked well for thousands of years, far better than any government bureaucracy.

Now we have real data which many Democrats will try to deride, even though the authors of this study are not exactly Tea Party. These are serious doctors and scientists, and their report was peer reviewed.

The best thing you can do, assuming you’re healthy and not obese, is get exposed to the virus. Most recovered COVID-19 patients mount broad, durable immunity after infection. That is a fact.
Typical Lax Dad

Go out and live life.
At least 4 Million people didn’t have a natural immunity….can you screen for it? Asking for a friend…..
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

good lord, Petey (and tech). That ain't the takeaway.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:18 am good lord, Petey (and tech). That ain't the takeaway.
Nope. A couple of paragraphs in and it was obvious.

The COVID-19 pandemic caused by the rapid spread of SARS-CoV-2, a novel betacoronavirus, continues to cause significant morbidity and mortality. The induction of effective early immune control of SARS-CoV-2 and durable immune memory is critical to prevent severe disease and to protect upon re-exposure.

The article says go on a live your life because you probably have “natural” immunity.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:16 am

Go out and live life.
At least 4 Million people didn’t have a natural immunity….can you screen for it? Asking for a friend…..

“Assuming you’re healthy and not obese”. You might have missed that part, so I thought I’d repost.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-85813-2
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:31 am

Go out and live life.

“Assuming you’re healthy and not obese”. You might have missed that part, so I thought I’d repost.

Was that the same article you linked earlier? Assuming you are healthy and not obese you have a natural immunity?
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:18 am good lord, Petey (and tech). That ain't the takeaway.

The takeaway isn’t the study’s headline? “ Longitudinal analysis shows durable and broad immune memory after SARS-CoV-2 infection with persisting antibody responses and memory B and T cells”.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:31 am

Go out and live life.

Was that the same article you linked earlier? Assuming you are healthy and not obese you have a natural immunity?

Uh, no.

Exposure to COVID has shown, through this study, to increase cellular memory immunity, which persists and which is the most effective manner to ward off COVID. This is especially true for healthy individuals.

If, however, you are unhealthy to start, COVID remains a risk, and you should be vaccinated, and will need booster shots to stay safe.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:39 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:31 am

Go out and live life.

Uh, no.

Exposure to COVID has shown, through this study, to increase cellular memory immunity, which persists and which is the most effective manner to ward off COVID. This is especially true for healthy individuals.

If, however, you are unhealthy to start, COVID remains a risk, and you should be vaccinated, and will need booster shots to stay safe.
Is this supposed to be something new? Also, if a person is “healthy”, COVID poses no risk?
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Again, not the takeaway.

We need everyone to not be spreaders of the virus, regardless of whether they, individually, would be likely to not die.

2/3 of Americans are overweight or obese. Most are at risk of a bad outcome, whether they survive or not.

We certainly hope that if one has durable immunity, having contracted the disease once, but we know that if one contracts the virus one is very likely to spread it to others...all the more so with the Delta variant. So, it's NEVER a good idea to contract the disease.

Get vaccinated.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:57 am Again, not the takeaway.

We need everyone to not be spreaders of the virus, regardless of whether they, individually, would be likely to not die.

2/3 of Americans are overweight or obese. Most are at risk of a bad outcome, whether they survive or not.

We certainly hope that if one has durable immunity, having contracted the disease once, but we know that if one contracts the virus one is very likely to spread it to others...all the more so with the Delta variant. So, it's NEVER a good idea to contract the disease.

Get vaccinated.
I don’t want to test the Lambda variant…..Petey wants to do his part to contribute to its development. He believes everyone should participate.
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Unreal. The paper is not anti-vaxx... that's your "take away". It's a peer-reviewed scientific paper which makes claims not presented before... in time, those claims may or may not be accurate. Although you and TLD only want to hear that more vaccines are being performed, science moves on and new evidence/ideas may be considered at the same time vaccines are being promoted. Narrow thinking...
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:10 am Unreal. The paper is not anti-vaxx... that's your "take away". It's a peer-reviewed scientific paper which makes claims not presented before... in time, those claims may or may not be accurate. Although you and TLD only want to hear that more vaccines are being performed, science moves on and new evidence/ideas may be considered at the same time vaccines are being promoted. Narrow thinking...
Tech, I am pretty certain that I hear about the science of COVID more than you do….who said the paper was “anti-vaccination”? I live with a scientist, son. She was talking about COVID before you heard about it. I believe “Bart” was too. She was worried about variants over a year ago….she actually teaches an infectious disease course but what does she know about viruses.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:16 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:10 am Unreal. The paper is not anti-vaxx... that's your "take away". It's a peer-reviewed scientific paper which makes claims not presented before... in time, those claims may or may not be accurate. Although you and TLD only want to hear that more vaccines are being performed, science moves on and new evidence/ideas may be considered at the same time vaccines are being promoted. Narrow thinking...
Tech, I am pretty certain that I hear about the science of COVID more than you do….who said the paper was “anti-vaccination”? I live with a scientist, son. She was talking about COVID before you heard about it. I believe “Bart” was too. She was worried about variants over a year ago….she actually teaches an infectious disease course but what does she know about viruses.
So what "son"? Scientists can be biased too (whether they realize it or not). Or is that another fact you choose to ignore? Are you also best buddies with Fauci? Would not be surprised if you made that claim as well.

Return to “POLITICS”