Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:15 pm Image

Yellow is full American, Black is half American/half English
Beautiful!!
DMac

Re: My girls

Post by DMac »

I'm bummed, Dr., all I get is the word image but I get no pictures when I click on. What do I have to do?
My guy was bummed too when I told him I was going to show him some pretty girls and then couldn't. ;)
DMac

Re: New Pro Women's League

Post by DMac »

LarryGamLax wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:44 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:24 pm Larry, methinks you're complicating things and focusing on the negatives. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Some people are giving pro wlax a shot, seeing if they can make something of it. It aint gonna be perfect, mistakes will be made, lessons learned, improvements made. Meanwhile fans like me can enjoy the moment, appreciate it for what it is, and get to see these girls play again (and the list of who is playing is staggering). Looking at it that way makes it enjoyable, I'm not analyzing it just watching and appreciating it.
Must say, I do not like the black girls only playing defense comment/insinuation. I'd like to think I'm right in saying these girls are being put in positions to best help their teams, and what color they are is incidental. JMHO.

Okay DMac...here we go. I wanted to take a day and step back before I responded to your post.
I'm not complicating anything. Those questions that I asked are ALL legit questions. If you don't know the answers, that's okay because I really didn't expect anyone to REALLY know.
We might be speaking past one another here, I don't watch the games with as much of a business mind as you do I just watch them for pure enjoyment. I get it that's it's your business but for me it's purely entertainment.
Did you give those other two Pro leagues for Women's Lacrosse a chance? I went to 3 of those games. I remember the disappointment in watching young players(club teams) basically ignoring "the Pros", but I wasn't surprised. I have seen this same thing for years when it comes to the NCAA tournament. The people that play the game DO NOT SUPPORT the game. Women don't support Women. Look at the WNBA, Why hasn't Women's Pro Soccer exploded with the success of the US Women's National team? Look at all the youth female Soccer players, and they can't make Pro Women's Soccer big? The direction and desire to do so is not there. That's not focusing on the negative, that's stating the facts and telling it as it is. Maybe Col. Nathan Jessep was right..."You Can't Handle the Truth!"
I have no disagreement here. I read from you many years ago that women don't support women's sports and thought, you know what, he's right. 30K in the Dome for a m-hoops game, many of them women, a few hundred (maybe) for a w-hoops game. Where are those women who went to the m-hoops game? Why aren't they there supporting the women? Same thing with lacrosse, thousands for the mlaxers, hundreds (if you're lucky) for the wlaxers even when the wlaxers are better than the mlaxers.
I did watch the other pro leagues and thoroughly enjoyed them but no, I didn't give them much of a chance. Wlax is a little tiny niche sport that very few people care much about. That's the truth and believe me, I can handle that and actually am okay with it. I've been around this game (and an absolute nut for it) since the early 60s and thought way back then that if they ever put this game on TV it will become the biggest sport in the country. Well, I was very wrong about that, very few people care about lacrosse. So what do you do about that....change the game to appeal to that casual fan. No thanks.

DMac you said the following : "Must say, I do not like the black girls only playing defense comment/insinuation. I'd like to think I'm right in saying these girls are being put in positions to best help their teams, and what color they are is incidental. JMHO".

I read this first and I laughed...then I got angry. Why? You have ZERO clue as to why I would state that FACT out in the open like that, but you have no problem telling me you don't like it. With all respect, I don't care if you don't like it. I'm not lying, just being honest. I can tell you that you're not right when you say "these girls are being put in positions to best help their teams, and what color they are is incidental". Maybe...but not really!
I love this sport, but I have been dealing with the reality of it for a long time. They have color issues on the Men's side as well, but the women's side is farther behind. I could tell you things that would make your "incidental" remark look ridiculous.
I'm not so naive as to think this isn't a lily white sport and that there aren't issues with race but I sure hope you're wrong about who's playing where and that color has anything to do with that at this level and this day and age. You're much closer to this than I am so I'll have to take your word for it it but I will say it saddens me to think the best players aren't being put on the field regardless of color. We've come a long way, baby, but I know we've still got a long way to go.

Believe it or not, I watched all six games last weekend. I still don't think the interest or market is there, but I made my contribution. However, I am not going to buy into any of this blindly when the facts and numbers tell me otherwise.
Again, I get it, but again, I don't watch these games with a business mind, it's just pretty lacrosse to me. Nope, the interest is not there or the market, if it were lacrosse would have exploded many decades back (yes it has exploded but like a lady finger as opposed to a M80 in the world of sports).
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

DMac wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:22 am Wlax is a little tiny niche sport that very few people care much about. That's the truth and believe me, I can handle that and actually am okay with it. I've been around this game (and an absolute nut for it) since the early 60s and thought way back then that if they ever put this game on TV it will become the biggest sport in the country. Well, I was very wrong about that, very few people care about lacrosse. So what do you do about that....change the game to appeal to that casual fan. No thanks.
Fully and completely agree. It's a fantastic sport but it doesn't appeal to the majority. That doesn't concern me. I remember a hole in the wall club my friends and I discovered in the early 80's in downtown Boston. Very few people knew about it. Pretty soon though, the word started getting out and it was no longer a great place to go. It became en vogue and the masses started flocking and "improvements" were made and it was no longer a great place to go. Completely lost what it had going for it initially. One of my fears is the game will be changed in the same way by the muckety mucks to supposedly make it more palatable for the masses. All the "grow the game" chanting seems to be code for "keep changing the game until we get just the right formula". If the masses don't start flocking to the gates but we get to keep and preserve lacrosse the way it is (a few minor tweaks here and there notwithstanding), that will be more than fine with me.
Dr. Tact

Re: My girls

Post by Dr. Tact »

DMac wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:29 am

I'm bummed, Dr., all I get is the word image but I get no pictures when I click on. What do I have to do?
My guy was bummed too when I told him I was going to show him some pretty girls and then couldn't. ;)
Images showed up in your post....dont know why you cant see them.
DMac

Post by DMac »

When I click on them it takes me to a page that says "imgbb" with a long number, then when I click on that I still get no picture. Maybe your equipment has a different technology than mine? Anyway, you can explain it all Mr. Handsome here cuz he's still a little upset about it all.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

DMac wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:18 am When I click on them it takes me to a page that says "imgbb" with a long number, then when I click on that I still get no picture. Maybe your equipment has a different technology than mine? Anyway, you can explain it all Mr. Handsome here cuz he's still a little upset about it all.
https://ibb.co/nBMy9D7
https://ibb.co/xfxJwK5
https://ibb.co/8bQqqHs
https://ibb.co/PWShdYH

See if this works...wouldnt want your boy to miss out.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:05 am
DMac wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:18 am When I click on them it takes me to a page that says "imgbb" with a long number, then when I click on that I still get no picture. Maybe your equipment has a different technology than mine? Anyway, you can explain it all Mr. Handsome here cuz he's still a little upset about it all.

Works for me; beauties.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Okay people...lots of nice looking dogs. Reminds me of the ones I used to sit for years and I miss dearly.

HOWEVER, this is a Lacrosse Forum. Let's get back to Lacrosse. :)
DMac

Post by DMac »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:05 am

Nope, no luck, get the same thing....upload, sign in, load full resolution-11.4 MB.
Oh well, he met Ivy the little sweetie this morning but he's still bummed about not
getting a peak at your ladies (I wanted to see them too). :(
OuttaNowhereWregget

LarryGamLax wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:44 am Okay people...lots of nice looking dogs. Reminds me of the ones I used to sit for years and I miss dearly.

Any thoughts on these thoughts, Larry?

I'm sure when immensely talented UConn midfielder Sydney Watson and Syracuse attacker Emma Ward et al. graduate, if there is a pro league in existence, they'll be on the field scoring goals.

I started writing this and decided to skim the world wide web in search of other black women in women's lacrosse and found this:

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... e-recruits

Interesting to note most blue chip recruits are on the defensive side of the ball. Anyone ever seen Trinity McPherson play defense for Johns Hopkins? She's someone special to watch. She has a real knack for intercepting passes in the air. I'm not talking about getting her crosse in the way of a pass, knocking it down and scooping the GB, I'm talking about clean interceptions and "we're going the other way". Her sister Madison also plays for Hop and enters her junior year in '22.

Also, the sport is being introduced in really non-heretofore-hotbeds like Harlem, NY. There will soon be a harvest and it will be fascinating to see the talent emerging there.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

LarryGamLax wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:44 am Okay people...lots of nice looking dogs. Reminds me of the ones I used to sit for years and I miss dearly.

I agree ;-)
:dog2:
DMac

Post by DMac »

Well, you've got to put up with one more for those who want to see how you break them in to get focus, intensity, and sense of urgency. Then back to the six person discussion, a few of whom are dog lovers.
Carry on. :D
OuttaNowhereWregget

That’s what this is for, no?

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=697
DMac

Post by DMac »

Can you tell I don't really give a schidt?
Got a little sidetracked, BFD.
Now back to your regular programming.
Woof, woof.
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:45 am
DMac wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:22 am Wlax is a little tiny niche sport that very few people care much about. That's the truth and believe me, I can handle that and actually am okay with it. I've been around this game (and an absolute nut for it) since the early 60s and thought way back then that if they ever put this game on TV it will become the biggest sport in the country. Well, I was very wrong about that, very few people care about lacrosse. So what do you do about that....change the game to appeal to that casual fan. No thanks.
Fully and completely agree. It's a fantastic sport but it doesn't appeal to the majority. That doesn't concern me. I remember a hole in the wall club my friends and I discovered in the early 80's in downtown Boston. Very few people knew about it. Pretty soon though, the word started getting out and it was no longer a great place to go. It became en vogue and the masses started flocking and "improvements" were made and it was no longer a great place to go. Completely lost what it had going for it initially. One of my fears is the game will be changed in the same way by the muckety mucks to supposedly make it more palatable for the masses. All the "grow the game" chanting seems to be code for "keep changing the game until we get just the right formula". If the masses don't start flocking to the gates but we get to keep and preserve lacrosse the way it is (a few minor tweaks here and there notwithstanding), that will be more than fine with me.

The Beacon Hill Pub? 25 cent Knickerbocker's on Wed. evenings and free hotdogs Saturday afternoons?
OuttaNowhereWregget

TNLAX wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:00 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:45 am

The Beacon Hill Pub? 25 cent Knickerbocker's on Wed. evenings and free hotdogs Saturday afternoons?
No—this one was called The Pour House on Boylston st.

How do you feel Tennessee – would you like to see the sport become more popular and change? Or leave it the way it is?
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

I am luke warm about the league. Watched bits and pieces of two of the games. Great athletes and loved watching them play....but....game looks a little to rough for me. I was afraid of these women getting injured. If I understand there is no "shouting space" violation and there didn't seem to be much restriction on physical contact. Not to sure how their bodies (or any athletes body) will react to games played with so little time to recover between games. We will see as the season progresses.

These young women have a choice to play this game, and if they are happy, I wish them well. I just hope there are no serious injuries.

Will this style of play filter down to college, HS and youth leagues? Will they try to play like this even though the college rules and HS rules are much stricter? Will this be good for the game in the long run?
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

TNLAX wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:17 pm I am luke warm about the league. Watched bits and pieces of two of the games. Great athletes and loved watching them play....but....game looks a little to rough for me. I was afraid of these women getting injured. If I understand there is no "shouting space" violation and there didn't seem to be much restriction on physical contact. Not to sure how their bodies (or any athletes body) will react to games played with so little time to recover between games. We will see as the season progresses.

These young women have a choice to play this game, and if they are happy, I wish them well. I just hope there are no serious injuries.

Will this style of play filter down to college, HS and youth leagues? Will they try to play like this even though the college rules and HS rules are much stricter? Will this be good for the game in the long run?
Agree 100%!! I was really shocked with how dirty some of the players were this weekend and worried about injuries. Also, agree on the front of 3 games in 3 days… this is the highest level of wlax (besides international) and that can’t be easy on them at all

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”