All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

seacoaster

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by seacoaster »

FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

A mandate? Well, divide and conquer...

A) No way, that would be communism, Nazism, any other bad, nasty-sounding ism word that pops into our heads.

B) Certainly, public health is important.

C) What about Benghazi? And she's a pedophile!

D) What, a man date?? I'm a man, so I want a woman date, damnit!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:37 pm Time to consider mandates? Read this and say W. T. F.

https://www.propublica.org/article/dont ... 19-vaccine
nursing homes won't mandate en masse because they struggle already to maintain staff. if states mandated nursing homes, that also wouldn't likely solve that problem. their best bet is determine what liability they have and have to pay for to insure, and bribe with that.

the feds won't mandate, outside of whatever challenges they'd receive, because it wins them zero more votes, and could cost them plenty.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:16 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:37 pm Time to consider mandates? Read this and say W. T. F.

https://www.propublica.org/article/dont ... 19-vaccine
nursing homes won't mandate en masse because they struggle already to maintain staff. if states mandated nursing homes, that also wouldn't likely solve that problem. their best bet is determine what liability they have and have to pay for to insure, and bribe with that.

the feds won't mandate, outside of whatever challenges they'd receive, because it wins them zero more votes, and could cost them plenty.
Understood, and the article alludes to staffing problems. But the fact of such a vulnerable population being served by an unvaccinated staff just freaks me out.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

FannOLax wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:58 pm A mandate? Well, divide and conquer...

A) No way, that would be communism, Nazism, any other bad, nasty-sounding ism word that pops into our heads.

B) Certainly, public health is important.

C) What about Benghazi? And she's a pedophile!

D) What, a man date?? I'm a man, so I want a woman date, damnit!
Oh. A man date is enforced same-sex dating. Thanks, brother, for the translation from the right. Now I understand.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Republicans repeatedly predicted that COVID-19 would 'disappear' after the election ... guess what?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/7 ... -it-a-hoax

Any Republican who wants to be taken seriously these days knows where they have to be on specific issues. They have to support the Big Lie. They have to stand tough against the idea that the government should play any role in protecting citizens. And they need to make a lot of very, very bad predictions.

As HuffPost reminds us, Ted Cruz paused from complaining about Democratic governors trying to keep people alive, and made a bold call about what America would see in the near future. “If it ends up that Biden wins in November—I hope he doesn’t, I don’t think he will—but if he does, I guarantee you the week after the election, suddenly all those Democratic governors, all those Democratic mayors will say everything’s magically better.”

So, that may look bad. But really, puts Cruz soundly in the party of TFG who said:

“It will go away.” (3/6/2020)
“It’s going to go away.” (3/12/2020)
“It will go away, and we’re going to have a great victory.” (3/30/2020)
“It’s going to go away, hopefully at the end of the month. And, if not, hopefully it will be soon after that.” (3/31/2020)
“I didn’t say a date. I said ‘it’s going away,’ and it is going away.” (4/5/2020)
“It’ll go away—at some point, it’ll go away.” (5/15/2020)
“I will be right eventually. I said, ‘It's going to disappear.’ I'll say it again.” (4/19/2020)
“It's going to go away.” (8/30/2020)
“It's going to disappear; it is disappearing.” (10/10/2020)
“It is going away; it’s rounding the turn.” (10/24/2020)
Funny thing about those dates. It seems like after the election, someone really did stop talking about COVID-19. It was the guy who never cared.

Cruz wasn’t the only one making the prediction that COVID-19 would suddenly fade from view after the election. As Forbes reported back in May 2020, Eric Trump had already made the claim that “After November 3 coronavirus will magically all of a sudden go away and disappear and everybody will be able to reopen." Which almost makes it seem like Eric might have been miserable about predicting the virus, but pretty good in seeing how Nov. 3 was going to turn out.

And of course, himself also said “Covid, Covid, Covid, Covid, Covid, Covid. A plane goes down. Five hundred people dead, they don't talk about it. Covid, Covid, Covid, Covid. By the way, on November 4, you won't hear about it anymore," Which almost makes it seem like TFG also knew what … but no, surely not.

That claim that the virus would magically vanish after the election was another way of downplaying the pandemic and passing the whole thing off as a kind of fraud. What the right was maintaining was that the whole reaction to COVID-19 was exaggerated simply to sway voters in the election. It wasn’t a theory that made sense—but it’s not as if anything on the right has to meet high standards. However, it was a prediction that cost lives.

As the Idaho Statesmen notes, some people were foolish enough to take Republicans seriously. "Before I came down with the virus, I was one of those jackasses who thought the virus would disappear the day after the election. I was one of those conspiracy theorists,” said a 63-year-old man from Boise. Instead, he now gets a lifetime of requiring supplemental oxygen after COVID-19 caused long-term damage.

What may be most amazing is that Republicans are still at it. Not only did Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis laugh off a doctor who warned that COVID-19 was likely to make a comeback over the summer, he followed it up by claiming that cases would “just go down” without any need for masks, social distancing, or any action on his part.

But wait. Let’s go back to Cruz and see what else he had to say. “You won’t even have to wait for Biden to be sworn in, said Cruz. “All they’ll need is Election Day and suddenly their willingness to just destroy people’s lives and livelihoods, they will have accomplished their task.”

It’s true that people’s lives and livelihoods are being destroyed. Somewhere over 900,000 Americans have lost their lives to the pandemic. Millions more have been made seriously ill, some with conditions that may last for the rest of their lives. That cost to the economy, and to society, is really immeasurable.

But the cost to Ted Cruz, or any other Republican, for downplaying the pandemic, sneering at attempts to save lives, and insisting that this was all just a political pandemic? Nothing at all.

Hey Republican geniuses - has your hoax gone away, yet?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Before everyone jumps on the mask bandwagon (again), please note the causality with suicide, which at least in two countries (Japan and the UK), the numbers are alarming.

https://abc7news.com/japan-suicides-sui ... n/8359064/

In Japan, more people died by suicide LAST MONTH than from COVID in all of 2020
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:54 am Before everyone jumps on the mask bandwagon (again), please note the causality with suicide, which at least in two countries (Japan and the UK), the numbers are alarming.

Brilliant
“I wish you would!”
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:54 am Before everyone jumps on the mask bandwagon (again), please note the causality with suicide, which at least in two countries (Japan and the UK), the numbers are alarming.

My take on this is it’s a shame people, and governments, didn’t take more aggressive actions with Covid to begin with. Faster and more complete mask wearing compliance and continued vaccination rates that we had in early spring would have dramatically reduced the number or size of waves we’ve had and allowed us to get back to normal sooner. Now we’re in a Covid purgatory and don’t know how long it will last. I believe had we all behaved safer and sooner there’d be less people over a shorter period of time who felt so depressed over Covid and the changes to society and economy caused by it that they’d feel the only way out is suicide.

Side note: I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s noticed the change in tone in PB’s posts these last few days. I for one am appreciative of the change and hope he continues to post without the bs of stereotyping an entire political group as the enemy. (I also hope others who do the same follow his change.)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:06 am

Brilliant

In the inestimable words of George W Bush, that was some weird sh!t. :lol: What did I just watch?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Family says conservative radio host has changed his tune on vaccines after he was hospitalized with Covid-19

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/famil ... d=msedgntp

For months, conservative Nashville, Tennessee-based radio host Phil Valentine has repeatedly made posts on multiple social media platforms telling his fans that if they weren't at risk for Covid-19, they shouldn't get the vaccine.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/ten ... =679&y=188

That message changed on July 23, when the Valentine family made a public statement on the Facebook page of his talk radio station's Facebook page.

"Phil contracted the Covid virus a little over a week ago and has since been hospitalized and is in very serious condition, suffering from Covid Pneumonia and the attendant side effects," the family statement reads, which emphasizes that Valentine has never been an anti-vaxxer. "(Phil) regrets not being more vehemently 'Pro-Vaccine' and looks forward to being able to more vigorously advocate that position as soon as he is back on the air, which we all hope will be soon."

It ends by urging listeners to continue praying for Valentine and to "PLEASE GO GET VACCINATED!"

Valentine's hospitalization came after the talk radio show host repeatedly dismissed the seriousness of the virus and the importance of vaccines in preventing infection.

On December 17, 2020, Valentine wrote on his blog that his odds of getting Covid-19 were "pretty low," and that the odds of him dying from it were "probably way less than one percent."

"If I decide not to get vaccinated, I'm not putting anyone else's life in danger except perhaps people who have made the same decision," he wrote.

That's because, he wrote, the vaccine is highly effective so there wasn't any way he could infect someone who's been vaccinated if he got Covid-19.

He also argued that he wasn't an "anti-vaxxer," he was just a "logical thinker."

Valentine repeatedly made similar vaccine misinformation posts and shared misleading information about Covid-19 on social media. He even told followers they didn't need to get the vaccine.

One woman posted that her sister had encouraged her to get vaccinated but her "gut told her not to" because she'd already had the virus.

"Don't listen to your sister," Valentine responded. "If you've had (Covid-19) you have natural immunity."

He told another follower that "only those in danger of dying from (Covid-19) should've gotten vaccinated."

Health officials and doctors say people who've previously had Covid-19 should still get vaccinated. Late-stage clinical trial data suggests the vaccines are safe and help protect people with past Covid-19 infections from reinfection, regardless of whether they had mild or severe Covid-19 infections.

Three months ago, Valentine even tried to draw comparisons between hospital workers who had to indicate their Covid-19 vaccination status on their work ID badges with Jews forced to wear yellow stars in Nazi Germany. That vaccination status indication on hospital worker IDs is common and is made for other vaccines, including the seasonal flu.

On June 20, he even wrote and performed a parody song called "Vaxman" in which he again used it to push an anti-vaccine agenda.

CNN reached out to Valentine and his radio station but did not receive a response.

Told ya so.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:57 am Family says conservative radio host has changed his tune on vaccines after he was hospitalized with Covid-19

For months, conservative Nashville, Tennessee-based radio host Phil Valentine has repeatedly made posts on multiple social media platforms telling his fans that if they weren't at risk for Covid-19, they shouldn't get the vaccine.

That message changed on July 23, when the Valentine family made a public statement on the Facebook page of his talk radio station's Facebook page.

"Phil contracted the Covid virus a little over a week ago and has since been hospitalized and is in very serious condition, suffering from Covid Pneumonia and the attendant side effects," the family statement reads, which emphasizes that Valentine has never been an anti-vaxxer. "(Phil) regrets not being more vehemently 'Pro-Vaccine' and looks forward to being able to more vigorously advocate that position as soon as he is back on the air, which we all hope will be soon."

It ends by urging listeners to continue praying for Valentine and to "PLEASE GO GET VACCINATED!"

Valentine's hospitalization came after the talk radio show host repeatedly dismissed the seriousness of the virus and the importance of vaccines in preventing infection.

On December 17, 2020, Valentine wrote on his blog that his odds of getting Covid-19 were "pretty low," and that the odds of him dying from it were "probably way less than one percent."

"If I decide not to get vaccinated, I'm not putting anyone else's life in danger except perhaps people who have made the same decision," he wrote.

That's because, he wrote, the vaccine is highly effective so there wasn't any way he could infect someone who's been vaccinated if he got Covid-19.

He also argued that he wasn't an "anti-vaxxer," he was just a "logical thinker."

Valentine repeatedly made similar vaccine misinformation posts and shared misleading information about Covid-19 on social media. He even told followers they didn't need to get the vaccine.

One woman posted that her sister had encouraged her to get vaccinated but her "gut told her not to" because she'd already had the virus.

"Don't listen to your sister," Valentine responded. "If you've had (Covid-19) you have natural immunity."

He told another follower that "only those in danger of dying from (Covid-19) should've gotten vaccinated."

Health officials and doctors say people who've previously had Covid-19 should still get vaccinated. Late-stage clinical trial data suggests the vaccines are safe and help protect people with past Covid-19 infections from reinfection, regardless of whether they had mild or severe Covid-19 infections.

Three months ago, Valentine even tried to draw comparisons between hospital workers who had to indicate their Covid-19 vaccination status on their work ID badges with Jews forced to wear yellow stars in Nazi Germany. That vaccination status indication on hospital worker IDs is common and is made for other vaccines, including the seasonal flu.

On June 20, he even wrote and performed a parody song called "Vaxman" in which he again used it to push an anti-vaccine agenda.

CNN reached out to Valentine and his radio station but did not receive a response.

Told ya so.
The hospital should have turned him away unless he had a legitimate reason for not being vaccinated.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:37 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:06 am

Brilliant

In the inestimable words of George W Bush, that was some weird sh!t. :lol: What did I just watch?
You should watch that movie if you are a film buff. My daughter and I watched it years ago. She happened to like black and white Japanese films. This was excellent too:

“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:16 am
Brooklyn wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:57 am Family says conservative radio host has changed his tune on vaccines after he was hospitalized with Covid-19

Told ya so.
The hospital should have turned him away unless he had a legitimate reason for not being vaccinated.
no way i'm voting for you in the next election cycle.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:41 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:16 am

Told ya so.
no way i'm voting for you in the next election cycle.
I don’t have time for foolishness.
“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

"In 1962 Dallas County #Texas vaccinated 950,000 residents against the poliovirus in two days, ensuring an immunization rate well over 90%."

Folks need to wise up as we, as a country, did back then.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Kismet wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:51 pm "In 1962 Dallas County #Texas vaccinated 950,000 residents against the poliovirus in two days, ensuring an immunization rate well over 90%."

Folks need to wise up as we, as a country, did back then.
Yeah but Sister Kenny knows how to rehabilitate so, freedom! :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”