Coaching Carousel

D2 Mens Lacrosse
WhiteCarrera

Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Does that mean that JB intends to recruit the right 40-50 kids and then develop them into varsity players? What a concept!
But where will all the disenfranchised transfers go for a party and a second or third chance?
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
Muleski

Post by Muleski »

Sounds like a transformation to begin at Tampa. I assume that he'll pare down those roster numbers over the next couple of years, and that he may hope that some kids "select out", and hang it up. A JV program sounds nice, and "noble," but it's a complete waste of resources. Nobody knows that better than JB. He has a chance to change his own goals, his program management, his recruiting of coaches and athletes with this move. Change is good.

Perhaps the rep as the second or third chance destination will end. With all of the activity on the portal, and the transfers, I have a stronger than ever admiration with the coaches who are recruiting their own, developing them, and perhaps dealing with a transfer ever year to two who happens to fit their team and school hand in glove.

Wish the very best to JB and to Tampa.
jakester

Post by jakester »

Assistant Coach Dylan Price has left UMO to become HC at William Peace University (D3). Looks like they are bringing a former player back as AC with HC Mike Murphy. Congratulations to Dylan Price, but I think this is a big blow to the UMO program. He was the main reason for their solid defence and goaltending
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

Davis and Elkins must not be doing so well financially. I have no idea how the coach will handle this.

https://senatornation.com/news/2021/7/1 ... rosse.aspx
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

D2fan wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:34 pm Davis and Elkins must not be doing so well financially. I have no idea how the coach will handle this.

https://senatornation.com/news/2021/7/1 ... rosse.aspx
What in the :?: :?: :?:

A half a step forward and 3 steps back.

Doesnt make a ton of sense and doesn't seem like a good idea, even if they are trying to pinch a penny or two :evil:
poorgene

Post by poorgene »

Davis and Elkins hires a guy to coach both programs when he has a 3-25 record when he’s only focusing on one program.

This has disaster written all over it!
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

poorgene wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:27 am Davis and Elkins hires a guy to coach both programs when he has a 3-25 record when he’s only focusing on one program.

This has disaster written all over it!
Gives the appearance that D2 may be losing a program in the near future.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

And probably paying him like 35k a year to do both. Sad.
bmorelax

Post by bmorelax »

"Davis and Elkins hires a guy to coach both programs when he has a 3-25 record when he’s only focusing on one program."

"This has disaster written all over it!"

As much as we all want to see lacrosse grow in D2, schools that don't support lacrosse should just give it up.
I'm sure Elkins, WV is a tough place to recruit to, but this is where those 30-5 games happen.
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

bmorelax wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:26 pm "Davis and Elkins hires a guy to coach both programs when he has a 3-25 record when he’s only focusing on one program."

"This has disaster written all over it!"

As much as we all want to see lacrosse grow in D2, schools that don't support lacrosse should just give it up.
I'm sure Elkins, WV is a tough place to recruit to, but this is where those 30-5 games happen.
Exactly, unfortunately, lacrosse doesn't work at every school.

Too often colleges add thinking they'll get 40-50 guys who will pay whatever to play. Rarely the case.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

StuckinD2 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:38 pm Was not expecting this!

https://posteagles.com/news/2021/7/26/m ... coach.aspx
👀
SouthernLaxGenius

bmorelax wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:26 pm
9 wins in 6 years and Coach Anken has 4 of those.

Sad situation to see.

Are any West Virginia D2 MLAX teams going to survive the next 5 years? I really hope so and things turn around at Broaddus, Elkins and and Wheeling
SouthernLaxGenius

StuckinD2 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:38 pm Was not expecting this!

https://posteagles.com/news/2021/7/26/m ... coach.aspx
Welcome back Coach Jez!!!

May not have been the spot we all imagined but great to see him back on the sidelines as a HC 8-)
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

I’ve heard Rumors from down south that Richie Meade is very interested in Limestone… Can anyone confirm that?!
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Is Lelan Rogers getting any looks for HC positions ?
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

StuckinD2 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:37 pm I’ve heard Rumors from down south that Richie Meade is very interested in Limestone… Can anyone confirm that?!
That would surprise me! Very interesting. Have you heard any other names?

I wonder if Marty Ward is in the mix. 2x All American goalie at Limestone a few years back.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

JBFortunato wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:07 pm
StuckinD2 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:37 pm I’ve heard Rumors from down south that Richie Meade is very interested in Limestone… Can anyone confirm that?!
That would surprise me! Very interesting. Have you heard any other names?

I wonder if Marty Ward is in the mix. 2x All American goalie at Limestone a few years back.
I have heard Wards name floated out there... I’ve heard Barrett Meade and a D3 HC from a southern school. I’ve also heard Storrier is pushing hard for it too. Haven’t heard anything about Rogers
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Seems like Ward must really want out of FS. He has put his name in the hat for two jobs this year.
shaadb-man

Post by shaadb-man »

Isn't he almost 70?

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”