Is America a racist nation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Is America a racist nation?

Post by cradleandshoot »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:36 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:22 amYou can't have a city named after a dude who use to own slaves.
City names change. So why not? Definitely sends a strong message to future generations within america. Like you, cradle, my kneejerk reaction is, What?! But after I take a couple deep breaths, why not?
I suspect Douglas town will become popular. Fredrick Douglas is an historic icon in Rochester. I have had the honor of visiting his grave in Mt Hope cemetery. My own grandmother is buried there.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:12 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:54 am It seems you all are talking past each other.

Currently, we all know, that racial inequality is really-really stupid and frowned upon, why? Well, because we have moved on, grown up, are much more civilized and educated. We now realize, thanks to a select few in our history that recognized this and fought to right a moral wrong. But at the time, it was second nature....it was what the entire work did, dating back to the barbary coast where Jefferson fought.

Point being, it seems many are attempting to apply hindsight to an era of people that were really just recent graduates of Neanderthals. Slavery was status quo, then America grew up, to which we should be thankful.

Insert Rodney King quote here.
We still have quite a lot of "growing up" to go, "youth".
Or do you still think those 'good' folks in khakis and polos carrying torches in Charlottesville were just fringe nut jobs?

I mean seriously, kids can't learn that the Civil War was due to slavery???
Can't learn about Jim Crow??? Can't learn about Tulsa?

"replacement theory"???

CRT, CRT !
Not one person is arguing we are done, its over, problem solved....it NEVER will be solved.

There are always gong to be idiots in this world....just turn on CNN. :lol:

They already learn about slavery, have been for half a century, and somehow CRT is the silver bullet.....GMAFB.

The idea I posed earlier this week about teaching empathy, etc-etc, will go far further than hoping some goth teacher who works part-time on weekends with antifa or a bald white man teacher in a wife-beater smoking marlboro reds holding meetings in his basement about white power are going to get the CRT message accurate is ludicrous thinking. God forbid the teacher went to dartmouth and confuses them with lengthy dissertations that make their head spin. ;) Love ya!
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Inspiring: US Women's Soccer Team To Boycott Scoring Goals Until Racism Is Defeated
July 21st, 2021

TOKYO—People were stunned after the U.S. women's soccer team lost to Sweden in the Olympics this week by a score of 3-0—until the team revealed they are boycotting scoring any goals until racism is defeated.

"Yeah, we didn't score any goals against Sweden last night, but that was totally on purpose," said star player and beloved activist Megan Rapinoe. "This isn't the time to score goals—when America is still racist. We totally could have beaten Sweden but we decided as a team that no goals will be scored until complete equality has been achieved in America. Also, we demand a hefty raise."

Onlookers were stunned during the second half of the game when Rapinoe dribbled the ball all the way to Sweden's unprotected goal and whispered "This is for you, people of color," before kicking the ball straight into the air and running headfirst into the goalpost.

"This may be one of the most powerful performances in the history of sports," said Teen Vogue's sportswriter who has never watched sports.

The U.S. Women's team is demanding to remain in the Olympic tournament and promises to continue its streak of zero goals. Inspiring!
https://babylonbee.com/news/inspiring-u ... s-defeated
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:47 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:54 am It seems you all are talking past each other.

Currently, we all know, that racial inequality is really-really stupid and frowned upon, why? Well, because we have moved on, grown up, are much more civilized and educated. We now realize, thanks to a select few in our history that recognized this and fought to right a moral wrong. But at the time, it was second nature....it was what the entire work did, dating back to the barbary coast where Jefferson fought.

Point being, it seems many are attempting to apply hindsight to an era of people that were really just recent graduates of Neanderthals. Slavery was status quo, then America grew up, to which we should be thankful.

Or do you still think those 'good' folks in khakis and polos carrying torches in Charlottesville were just fringe nut jobs?

"replacement theory"???

CRT, CRT !
Not one person is arguing we are done, its over, problem solved....it NEVER will be solved.

They already learn about slavery, have been for half a century, and somehow CRT is the silver bullet.....GMAFB.

The idea I posed earlier this week about teaching empathy, etc-etc, will go far further than hoping some goth teacher who works part-time on weekends with antifa or a bald white man teacher in a wife-beater smoking marlboro reds holding meetings in his basement about white power are going to get the CRT message accurate is ludicrous thinking. God forbid the teacher went to dartmouth and confuses them with lengthy dissertations that make their head spin. ;) Love ya!

Instead of teaching CRT, which again and to be very clear is not simply about racism or slavery, but instead is a Marxist recasting of society, schools should focus on STEM and arts courses, helping every kid become more productive and happy. Having real skills (I count art here too) enables any young child to be a net positive to society; anyone is happier with a real skill.

I’m reading a book now about the civil war, and like any good book enthusiast, I go to Wikipedia to get more information on events and people the book presumes one knows more about. Last night, I dug into John Brown and the raid at Harpers Ferry. Harriet Tubman thought John Brown was the best white American person in America, far more than Lincoln. Brown was also a multi dimensional character, neither pure hero nor pure lunatic.

I won’t debate that. What I wanted to tell the board is John Brown and his family (he lost 2 sons at the raid) is buried near Lake Placid NY, summer lax central. His body was taken from West Virginia to upstate ny, and the trip was revealing about America then. Near you, Cradle. I’m thinking no one objects to that name on a school?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:52 am Inspiring: US Women's Soccer Team To Boycott Scoring Goals Until Racism Is Defeated
July 21st, 2021

TOKYO—People were stunned after the U.S. women's soccer team lost to Sweden in the Olympics this week by a score of 3-0—until the team revealed they are boycotting scoring any goals until racism is defeated.

"Yeah, we didn't score any goals against Sweden last night, but that was totally on purpose," said star player and beloved activist Megan Rapinoe. "This isn't the time to score goals—when America is still racist. We totally could have beaten Sweden but we decided as a team that no goals will be scored until complete equality has been achieved in America. Also, we demand a hefty raise."

Onlookers were stunned during the second half of the game when Rapinoe dribbled the ball all the way to Sweden's unprotected goal and whispered "This is for you, people of color," before kicking the ball straight into the air and running headfirst into the goalpost.

"This may be one of the most powerful performances in the history of sports," said Teen Vogue's sportswriter who has never watched sports.

The U.S. Women's team is demanding to remain in the Olympic tournament and promises to continue its streak of zero goals. Inspiring!
You have to be effing jerking my chain. Women's soccer might have been the only reason to watch this chitshow called the Olympics. :roll:
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:04 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:52 am Inspiring: US Women's Soccer Team To Boycott Scoring Goals Until Racism Is Defeated
July 21st, 2021

You have to be effing jerking my chain. Women's soccer might have been the only reason to watch this chitshow called the Olympics. :roll:

Cradle: Babylon Bee is satire. Lol. The article is a dig at the team for prioritizing woke identifying over playing.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

"replacement theory"???

CRT, CRT !

Except that NO ONE (I can shout too) is arguing on behalf of CRT being a silver bullet for anything. That's pure and simple scare BS made up to pander to bigots and the uneducated.

That's the problem, youth, you actually appear to believe this BS from right wing media...I have no doubt about your heart on this, and really liked your view on empathy (etc), but you seem to buy into the notion that there's some threat about teaching history fully, rather than pretending stuff didn't happen, is somehow the 'divisive' thing tearing our country apart...nope, 'times up' is a constant process of improvement.

It's uncomfortable, but all progress is uncomfortable.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

"Except that NO ONE (I can shout too) is arguing on behalf of CRT being a silver bullet for anything. That's pure and simple scare BS made up to pander to bigots and the uneducated."

How on earth does this basic fact keep eluding people? No one is teaching or proposing to teach "Critical Race Theory" in public elementary, middle and high schools.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:05 pm
July 21st, 2021

Cradle: Babylon Bee is satire. Lol. The article is a dig at the team for prioritizing woke identifying over playing.
How does the loss to Sweden indicate any such prioritization?

Maybe it was a result of poor roster selection, bad coaching, or, maybe, they just lost.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:55 am

"replacement theory"???

CRT, CRT !

Instead of teaching CRT, which again and to be very clear is not simply about racism or slavery, but instead is a Marxist recasting of society, schools should focus on STEM and arts courses, helping every kid become more productive and happy. Having real skills (I count art here too) enables any young child to be a net positive to society; anyone is happier with a real skill.

I’m reading a book now about the civil war, and like any good book enthusiast, I go to Wikipedia to get more information on events and people the book presumes one knows more about. Last night, I dug into John Brown and the raid at Harpers Ferry. Harriet Tubman thought John Brown was the best white American person in America, far more than Lincoln. Brown was also a multi dimensional character, neither pure hero nor pure lunatic.

I won’t debate that. What I wanted to tell the board is John Brown and his family (he lost 2 sons at the raid) is buried near Lake Placid NY, summer lax central. His body was taken from West Virginia to upstate ny, and the trip was revealing about America then. Near you, Cradle. I’m thinking no one objects to that name on a school?
I never knew John Brown was buried near Lake Placid. Lake Placid is a beautiful if not way too politically correct town. I've been there twice and never once felt welcome among the FLP ambiance that pervades the village. Forget the FLP attitude and move your party up the road to Lake George.😁
Bob Ross:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:05 pm You tell me.

“Discrimination can be hard to document when it is a function of a person’s (often unstated) opinions and attitudes. However, with respect to real estate transactions, it is painfully clear in at least one respect: County real property records contain all the information regarding transfers and covenants against properties located within the county. As a result, if a property has ever been subject to racially discriminatory covenants, then it is a matter of record with the county.”

https://mrsc.org/Home/Stay-Informed/MRS ... ctive.aspx
Interesting that the needle has, once again, been pointed as the tired "us" vs "them" narrative.

This post, the very FIRST post, is from the State of Washington. (and easily findable proof that the oligarchy/WASP types, really run the show.

Washington State was never, on paper , a slave state....and the focus on the civil war, ending some three decades before this topics FIRST post even became a state, when it comes to "racism" is odd. Human bondage was about profit. Pure and simple.

Racim?

It's pretend Olympic tyme....can't wait to see all the dark skinned people hurdling for Japan. Or Diving for China.

This is a lacrosse thread.........and not one word about the economic "put downs" our wonderful sport, including the recent "rich kid" world event of joke youth lacrosse series. I have mentioned it before....the hate spewed towards native kids at lacrosse tournaments.

No one cares, not mentioned once, anywhere, on these pages. Pathetic.

Instead......ban, umm......"trolls"....huh??!?!?!?!
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:11 pm "Except that NO ONE (I can shout too) is arguing on behalf of CRT being a silver bullet for anything. That's pure and simple scare BS made up to pander to bigots and the uneducated."

How on earth does this basic fact keep eluding people? No one is teaching or proposing to teach "Critical Race Theory" in public elementary, middle and high schools.
You have to take your point of view to your party. The Republicans have taken CRT and rolled it up into a club and are at present beating your party into submission over it. Your party does not have the slightest clue as to how to defend themselves. Your telling me that those dumb ass Republicans don't understand what you really mean. Your on the defensive right now coming into the 2022 elections. I'm stunned right now that you Democrats are running around in circles biting at your tails with zero comprehension why you all are so vulnerable. I know.. blame it on trump.😅
Bob Ross:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:23 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:05 pm You tell me.

“Discrimination can be hard to document when it is a function of a person’s (often unstated) opinions and attitudes. However, with respect to real estate transactions, it is painfully clear in at least one respect: County real property records contain all the information regarding transfers and covenants against properties located within the county. As a result, if a property has ever been subject to racially discriminatory covenants, then it is a matter of record with the county.”

https://mrsc.org/Home/Stay-Informed/MRS ... ctive.aspx
Interesting that the needle has, once again, been pointed as the tired "us" vs "them" narrative.

This post, the very FIRST post, is from the State of Washington. (and easily findable proof that the oligarchy/WASP types, really run the show.

Washington State was never, on paper , a slave state....and the focus on the civil war, ending some three decades before this topics FIRST post even became a state, when it comes to "racism" is odd. Human bondage was about profit. Pure and simple.

Racim?

It's pretend Olympic tyme....can't wait to see all the dark skinned people hurdling for Japan. Or Diving for China.

This is a lacrosse thread.........and not one word about the economic "put downs" our wonderful sport, including the recent "rich kid" world event of joke youth lacrosse series. I have mentioned it before....the hate spewed towards native kids at lacrosse tournaments.

No one cares, not mentioned once, anywhere, on these pages. Pathetic.

Instead......ban, umm......"trolls"....huh??!?!?!?!
Actually, this is the politics section. It’s helpfully labelled as such at the top of the page.

If you read through the posts you will find discussion of the “boarding schools” whose purpose was to eliminate Native culture.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:30 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:11 pm "Except that NO ONE (I can shout too) is arguing on behalf of CRT being a silver bullet for anything. That's pure and simple scare BS made up to pander to bigots and the uneducated."

You have to take your point of view to your party. The Republicans have taken CRT and rolled it up into a club and are at present beating your party into submission over it. Your party does not have the slightest clue as to how to defend themselves. Your telling me that those dumb ass Republicans don't understand what you really mean. Your on the defensive right now coming into the 2022 elections. I'm stunned right now that you Democrats are running around in circles biting at your tails with zero comprehension why you all are so vulnerable. I know.. blame it on trump.😅
Your view of "my party" is so jaundiced and wrong that it is impossible to really respond. Most of my party is laughing at the GOP, when we are not disgusted with it, because this is what they have reduced themselves to: manufacturing a grievance or a fear that adheres to white folks to hold our base. It's actually sad. Jordan, for example, has been in Congress for 14 years, and has yet to start or sponsor or co-sponsor any successful legislation. He's loud, rude, offensive and he doesn't wear a jacket. This is "today's GOP -- keeping our jobs by keeping you scared (TM)"
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:15 pm
July 21st, 2021

Maybe it was a result of poor roster selection, bad coaching, or, maybe, they just lost.
Because many people understand there are only so many hours in the day. So when these high-level athletes are seen spending significant time they could be training, doing other things, you open yourself up to this type of scrutiny.

Much the way other top athletes like NFL stars are criticized for their offseason choices...of doing the talk show circuit, politicking, making movies, or commercials, or partying...instead of training. There is also such a thing as the "Super Bowl hangover" that happens when formerly unknown athletes enjoy the spotlight and platform that winning a championship finally gives them and they don't work as hard the subsequent year... or are distracted.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:42 pm
July 21st, 2021

Because many people understand there are only so many hours in the day. So when these high-level athletes are seen spending significant time they could be training, doing other things, you open yourself up to this type of scrutiny.

Much the way other top athletes like NFL stars are criticized for their offseason choices...of doing the talk show circuit, politicking, making movies, or commercials, or partying...instead of training. There is also such a thing as the "Super Bowl hangover" that happens when formerly unknown athletes enjoy the spotlight and platform that winning a championship finally gives them and they don't work as hard the subsequent year... or are distracted.
So, by that logic, any result other than gold is grounds for criticism? Interesting.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:30 pm

People can say all day ‘it’s Trumpists complaining about CRT’, but the truth is the loudest opponents so far as I can tell are suburban moms on places like northern Virginia (ie: Democrats) pushing back at school meetings.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:46 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:42 pm
July 21st, 2021

So, by that logic, any result other than gold is grounds for criticism? Interesting.
It's not my logic, but it's the logic of Many, many fans out there.
For high end professional athletes, yes. It comes with the territory.
Even easier to make that criticism when those people in question were previously seen winning gold.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

July 21st, 2021

I think the general vibe is the US Women’s soccer team focuses more on politics than sport. Obviously that’s not correct, and obviously most of the team are patriotic types, but the loudest voices and profiles from that team often are the identity politics ones such as Rapinoe. As a result, many Americans don’t really care if they win or lose. Those are simple facts. I’m not landing on either side of the debate.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Top athletes open themselves up to a ton of critcism if they don't do athlete things all the time.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... n-manning/

Lamar Jackson is even getting criticized for working with kids, for crissakes:
https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2021/07 ... with-kids/

Return to “POLITICS”