2021 Coaching Carousel

D3 Mens Lacrosse
KingPrat

Re: 2021 Coaching Carousel

Post by KingPrat »

MarloStanfield09 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:51 pm Then hit us with some facts about Spaulding and why they are struggling as an institution with no leadership. Enrollment is embarrassing and problems are wayyy worse than Acevedo staying for 8 months, working , and getting zero support to even host high school games or a showcase on campus ….. I think your opinions would be better taken if you shed light on these schools who start lacrosse when they have no business . You may also PM me! Good luck!
Just gonna throw a couple things out here.

1. You obviously have a better understanding of what's going on at Spaulding than others, and from what I can gather, a personal connection to the school and/or lacrosse program. Why don't YOU provide us with better insight rather than just attacking someone on a forum?

2. This is a forum. It is inherently implied that people are giving their opinions. If we had to clarify that, every single post would start with "in my opinion" unless we were posting an actual quote or link to something specifically.
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

KingPrat wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:45 pm
MarloStanfield09 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:51 pm Then hit us with some facts about Spaulding and why they are struggling as an institution with no leadership. Enrollment is embarrassing and problems are wayyy worse than Acevedo staying for 8 months, working , and getting zero support to even host high school games or a showcase on campus ….. I think your opinions would be better taken if you shed light on these schools who start lacrosse when they have no business . You may also PM me! Good luck!

1. You obviously have a better understanding of what's going on at Spaulding than others, and from what I can gather, a personal connection to the school and/or lacrosse program. Why don't YOU provide us with better insight rather than just attacking someone on a forum?

2. This is a forum. It is inherently implied that people are giving their opinions. If we had to clarify that, every single post would start with "in my opinion" unless we were posting an actual quote or link to something specifically.
Exactly
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Lighten up, Francis!
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
MarloStanfield09

Post by MarloStanfield09 »

KingPrat wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:45 pm

The Acevedo guy needed a hand after the lax genius guy said he was sad to see him go a few weeks ago to then just clown him….. no time for that. Pick one angle , stick to it . As for your facts you can look them up or take a campus tour (maybe admissions is working) and see for yourself .

Opinions are fine but crushing someone cause you’re buddies with the admins at the place that lost their coach and upset about it is childish (lax genius) Again … PM is open doubt I get one .
"You want it to be one way........ but it's the other way........."
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

Facts? Well since certain people are interpreting what they read as opposed to quoting someone directly and continually posting in the forum, along with just assuming they think they know, I guess I will provide 10 points that are facts, I mean conjecture :roll:

1. I am pretty in tune with the lacrosse world and when it comes to jobs, camps, hires, movement, etc. Usually pretty good (sans the Gettysburg job :oops: ) about the sources and information I have been presented and it is usually from more than one individual.
2. Acevedo didn’t recruit in his “time” with Huntingdon and left both Coach Mosk and Coach Nowell out to dry.
3. I have no affiliation with Spalding University.
4. A number of high school coaches from Kentucky reached out this past year about recruiting and their players. In turn the communication was either not reciprocated at all or little at best.
5. Most sports at Spalding have had “recent” success (bowling aside) and have hit their recruiting numbers and “leadership” may be in question by some at the athletic level, but the $ coming in, as well as the direction of administration, seem to be on the up and up across campus.
6. Whether you agree with it or not, Burkman is specific about his vision of the program and expectations of men’s coaches (campus is 67% female).
7. Spalding has at least 7 men’s lacrosse commits.
8. Spalding coaches pay is greater than Carroll coaches pay.
9. Spalding’s season is in flux and they may not compete in the HCLC as originally planned this spring (2022). It doesn’t help Coach Burke and Coach Acevedo are gone and they are now on to Coach Ohlen. Time will tell.
10. The next hiring at Carroll for a head men’s lacrosse coach (after Olsen), was going to be along the same path that Amherst took when they hired Devoe.

Yall have a lovely evening 8-)
MarloStanfield09

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:02 pm Facts? Well since certain people are interpreting what they read as opposed to quoting someone directly and continually posting in the forum, along with just assuming they think they know, I guess I will provide 10 points that are facts, I mean conjecture :roll:

1. I am pretty in tune with the lacrosse world and when it comes to jobs, camps, hires, movement, etc. Usually pretty good (sans the Gettysburg job :oops: ) about the sources and information I have been presented and it is usually from more than one individual.
2. Acevedo didn’t recruit in his “time” with Huntingdon and left both Coach Mosk and Coach Nowell out to dry.
4. A number of high school coaches from Kentucky reached out this past year about recruiting and their players. In turn the communication was either not reciprocated at all or little at best.
5. Most sports at Spalding have had “recent” success (bowling aside) and have hit their recruiting numbers and “leadership” may be in question by some at the athletic level, but the $ coming in, as well as the direction of administration, seem to be on the up and up across campus.
6. Whether you agree with it or not, Burkman is specific about his vision of the program and expectations of men’s coaches (campus is 67% female).
9. Spalding’s season is in flux and they may not compete in the HCLC as originally planned this spring (2022). It doesn’t help Coach Burke and Coach Acevedo are gone and they are now on to Coach Ohlen. Time will tell.
10. The next hiring at Carroll for a head men’s lacrosse coach (after Olsen), was going to be along the same path that Amherst took when they hired Devoe.

In tune??? I’d call ya more tone deaf :mrgreen:
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

MarloStanfield09 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:28 pm
SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:02 pm Facts? Well since certain people are interpreting what they read as opposed to quoting someone directly and continually posting in the forum, along with just assuming they think they know, I guess I will provide 10 points that are facts, I mean conjecture :roll:

In tune??? I’d call ya more tone deaf :mrgreen:

Take your pillow fight somewhere else.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Haha - my $$$ on Southern. I will give Marlo credit for choosing a name based on a TV character from Baltimore, but that’s about it!
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

WhiteCarrera wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:51 pm Lighten up, Francis!
This is one of my most quoted movie lines...it is useful in so many situations...Carry on!
MarloStanfield09

WhiteCarrera wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:48 am Haha - my $$$ on Southern. I will give Marlo credit for choosing a name based on a TV character from Baltimore, but that’s about it!
Mehh - Todd still never PM’ed me . I’ll take my V lap now…. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
KingPrat

Post by KingPrat »

MarloStanfield09 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:29 pm take a campus tour (maybe admissions is working) and see for yourself .
13 hour drive to figure out things about a school I couldn't care less about?

It's gonna be a no from me, dawg.
SouthernLaxGenius

WhiteCarrera wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:48 am Haha - my $$$ on Southern. I will give Marlo credit for choosing a name based on a TV character from Baltimore, but that’s about it!
I'm just here so I dont get fined....and to get other peoples post counts up on the forum as it had been a while 8-)

Have any of our fine northern neighbors got word about Capital or Lasell vacancies? :?:
Downhill Dodger

Post by Downhill Dodger »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:33 am
I'm just here so I dont get fined....and to get other peoples post counts up on the forum as it had been a while 8-)

Have any of our fine northern neighbors got word about Capital or Lasell vacancies? :?:
I have heard Capital has their guy, if true I think it’s a good hire
VTLaxGuy

Post by VTLaxGuy »

WhiteCarrera wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:48 am
Haven't heard much about Lasell, but my guess is that they end up with a hand-full of pretty good candidates who would not have to relocate for the job. There are so many good lacrosse coaches in the greater Boston area that they'll likely be able to land a good one without having to deal with the hurdle of family relocation during this crazy housing market; that's been discussed on here a lot this summer.

Pretty cool maps of NCAA lacrosse schools by division here:
D1-https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... se_map.png
D2-https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... se_map.png
D3-https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... se_map.png

Wish I could get them all layered on top of each other, but clearly as we all know, there are a TON of coaches in New England / Greater Boston. Lasell will find a good one for sure and that coach won't have to move, find a house, put his kids in a new school or hope is wife likes their new hometown.
Laxguru333

Post by Laxguru333 »

Downhill Dodger wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:59 am
SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:33 am

I have heard Capital has their guy, if true I think it’s a good hire
I also have heard Capital has their guy. More shocking than originally anticipated!
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

VTLaxGuy wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:54 pm
Haven't heard much about Lasell, but my guess is that they end up with a hand-full of pretty good candidates who would not have to relocate for the job. There are so many good lacrosse coaches in the greater Boston area that they'll likely be able to land a good one without having to deal with the hurdle of family relocation during this crazy housing market; that's been discussed on here a lot this summer.

Wish I could get them all layered on top of each other, but clearly as we all know, there are a TON of coaches in New England / Greater Boston. Lasell will find a good one for sure and that coach won't have to move, find a house, put his kids in a new school or hope is wife likes their new hometown.
VT - two things:

First, I'm really confused. When did I ask about Lasell?
Second, here is the mapping tool you need, where you can overlay combinations of divisions and sports:
https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/re ... er-schools
SouthernLaxGenius

WhiteCarrera wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:26 pm
VT - two things:

Second, here is the mapping tool you need, where you can overlay combinations of divisions and sports:

VT-Tried to cut down the Quote previously and accidentally erased part of it, so now it looks like it was from you :D

Its good to see a number of these schools identifying their candidates, getting offers out and trying to expedite the process.

Then we have a school like Keystone :oops:

Good thing they have their 2022 schedule up already :roll: :lol:
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:08 pm
VT - two things:

VT-Tried to cut down the Quote previously and accidentally erased part of it, so now it looks like it was from you :D

Its good to see a number of these schools identifying their candidates, getting offers out and trying to expedite the process.

Then we have a school like Keystone :oops:

Good thing they have their 2022 schedule up already :roll: :lol:
Keystone will be announcing their hire probably next week.
VTLaxGuy

Post by VTLaxGuy »

VTLaxGuy wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:54 pm

VT - two things:

Yeah- sorry about the misquote there. I tried to shorten the quoted post cause I hate scrolling through quotes to read new stuff and left the wrong name in there. Feel like a modern day journalist with that kind of inaccuracy.

Thanks for that link. That’s fun to play around with.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

No worries - I figured it out after I asked.

Yeah - I remember when Lake Forest was the only D3 between Ohio and Colorado Springs.
Now they're bringing it back with 45 +/- programs in that space.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”