Is America a racist nation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Brooklyn

Re: Is America a racist nation?

Post by Brooklyn »

To the mindless radical far right, the term trolling applies to anyone who dares to post words that stray from their aberrant "thoughts" and destructive, subversive ideas.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:27 am The first one is straight trolling.
But "admin" only cares when Pete's doing it.
hmmm, I don't really agree that it's "trolling" to post a cartoon making the point it does...in this thread topic. Indeed, it's right on topic.

I take issue, fairly often, with Brooklyn's lumping of all Republicans together as if a monolith, but the fundamental point here is that there are really no GOP elected officials of note pushing back against the nonsense being spewed at the local school board level and on right wing media about "CRT". And this effort to 'whitewash' history has been a longstanding effort, "CRT" outrage simply being a current version.

Fair topic, not trolling.
I just didn't find it 'clever'.

Plop the same cartoon into a thread on COVID, that'd be another matter.

IMO
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:30 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:27 am The first one is straight trolling.
hmmm, I don't really agree that it's "trolling" to post a cartoon making the point it does...in this thread topic. Indeed, it's right on topic.

I take issue, fairly often, with Brooklyn's lumping of all Republicans together as if a monolith, but the fundamental point here is that there are really no GOP elected officials of note pushing back against the nonsense being spewed at the local school board level and on right wing media about "CRT". And this effort to 'whitewash' history has been a longstanding effort, "CRT" outrage simply being a current version.

IMO
You can't possibly be this naive about this CRT discussion MD. It is no longer about the theory, it is about CRT becoming a poison pill in the political sense. YOUR republicans sense that the subject is very unpopular with all those white suburban moms. The democrats have no choice but to disassociate themselves from any hint of supporting CRT in any contested political district. I give YOUR republicans credit for doing so. When you are given an opportunity from the other side you take advantage of it. The democrats are disavowing any knowledge of CRT in schools. They are pretending like it never even existed. Your shaming YOUR party for taking advantage of the gift that fell into their lap? That is what the game of politics is all about, taking advantage of mistakes the other side makes.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:50 pm

IMO
You can't possibly be this naive about this CRT discussion MD. It is no longer about the theory, it is about CRT becoming a poison pill in the political sense. YOUR republicans sense that the subject is very unpopular with all those white suburban moms. The democrats have no choice but to disassociate themselves from any hint of supporting CRT in any contested political district. I give YOUR republicans credit for doing so. When you are given an opportunity from the other side you take advantage of it. The democrats are disavowing any knowledge of CRT in schools. They are pretending like it never even existed. Your shaming YOUR party for taking advantage of the gift that fell into their lap? That is what the game of politics is all about, taking advantage of mistakes the other side makes.
And yet, it is oh so dumb and so revealing of what these racist a-holes think of 'white suburban moms'.

And no, CRT has never been part of elementary, middle and high school curriculums. Never.

What HAS been getting pushed is an honest recounting of history, inclusive of the perspective of that history from the point of view of those who were once considered less than a full person.

Do liberals sometimes over swing? You betcha.
Do they sometimes flub their 'branding'? You betcha.

But this all about wanting to keep white washing history...bunch of snowflakes.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kinda proved this point earlier a fw weeks back when different states taught the 'main reason' of the Civil war..it's all over the place. Can't even get that taught accuratley.

how about instead of CRT, we teach QBADA - quite being a dumb ass
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
ggait

Post by ggait »

Kinda proved this point earlier a fw weeks back when different states taught the 'main reason' of the Civil war..it's all over the place. Can't even get that taught accuratley.

Correct. Completely agree. Except that it isn't all over the place. 92% is not all over the place -- it is one dominant place.

Which means that we should stop teaching (as we have been doing for the last hundred years) the complete and utter bull shirt propaganda mandated by snowflake white washers. The main cause of the Civil War was slavery. Which only 8% of USA high school seniors know/identify.

It wasn't about states rights or tariffs or sectionalism/regionalism. It was about slavery. Period. Full stop.

The projection coming from the rightie snowflakes is beyond epic. After successfully gaslighting the country for 100 years, they now go ballistic when folks start teaching the truth. And the snowflake backlash against the truth proves beyond any doubt why CRT exists and how valid its viewpoint is.

TBD if the racist projecting will be effective with those white suburban moms. If it is, well then I guess those white suburban moms will have shown us who they really are -- mouth breathing snowflakes who can't handle the truth.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ggait wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:38 pm

Correct. Completely agree. Except that it isn't all over the place. 92% is not all over the place -- it is one dominant place.

Which means that we should stop teaching (as we have been doing for the last hundred years) the complete and utter bull shirt propaganda mandated by snowflake white washers. The main cause of the Civil War was slavery. Which only 8% of USA high school seniors know/identify.

It wasn't about states rights or tariffs or sectionalism/regionalism. It was about slavery. Period. Full stop.

The projection coming from the rightie snowflakes is beyond epic. After successfully gaslighting the country for 100 years, they now go ballistic when folks start teaching the truth. And the snowflake backlash against the truth proves beyond any doubt why CRT exists and how valid its viewpoint is.

TBD if the racist projecting will be effective with those white suburban moms. If it is, well then I guess those white suburban moms will have shown us who they really are -- mouth breathing snowflakes who can't handle the truth.
I look at it like this.....and maybe it is far too simplistic, since I am not a believer in harboring ill will and forgiving the past....onward, just like a goalie.

I believe teaching empathy, forgiveness, civility, discernment, professionalism, etc....would much better be served for our children and young adults. Start each day with a hug, a handshake, a pat on the back, eye contact....and at the close of each school day, the very same. The more you become connected with each other, the less anger can be stored. Intimacy ( In to me you see) breaks down barriers. My fear of teaching CRT, is that it runs the risk of unintended consequences, whereas the former I suggested, is something new, which is inclusive for everyone and has no prejudices.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:25 pm
ggait wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:38 pm

I look at it like this.....and maybe it is far too simplistic, since I am not a believer in harboring ill will and forgiving the past....onward, just like a goalie.

I believe teaching empathy, forgiveness, civility, discernment, professionalism, etc....would much better be served for our children and young adults. Start each day with a hug, a handshake, a pat on the back, eye contact....and at the close of each school day, the very same. The more you become connected with each other, the less anger can be stored. Intimacy ( In to me you see) breaks down barriers. My fear of teaching CRT, is that it runs the risk of unintended consequences, whereas the former I suggested, is something new, which is inclusive for everyone and has no prejudices.
Everything up to the 'fear of teaching CRT' is good stuff.
But there needn't be a conflict with teaching truthful and complete history at the same time.

Indeed, teaching BS is the opposite.
And there really can't be any 'forgiveness' when BS is what's taught.
It's a continuation not 'next shot'.

But you're absolutely right about the importance of teaching kids to respect one another, become connected, real intimacy etc.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote:Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:11 pm

IMO
And yet, it is oh so dumb and so revealing of what these racist a-holes think of 'white suburban moms'.

And no, CRT has never been part of elementary, middle and high school curriculums. Never.

What HAS been getting pushed is an honest recounting of history, inclusive of the perspective of that history from the point of view of those who were once considered less than a full person.

Who exactly is in charge of the honest recounting of history? What your telling me is everything students have been taught in history for generations is fiddle faddle. Your telling me CRT is not being taught at any level in any school and then proclaim CRT is just an "honest" recounting of history. Too bad no students will ever learn it if as you say it is not being taught.
It may be oh so dumb of those white a holes but their goal is to win elections. When the other side hands you the club you beat them over the head with it. Al Davis said it the best.."just win baby"
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:16 pm

IMO

Who exactly is in charge of the honest recounting of history? What your telling me is everything students have been taught in history for generations is fiddle faddle. Your telling me CRT is not being taught at any level in any school and then proclaim CRT is just an "honest" recounting of history. Too bad no students will ever learn it if as you say it is not being taught.
It may be oh so dumb of those white a holes but their goal is to win elections. When the other side hands you the club you beat them over the head with it. Al Davis said it the best.."just win baby"
ahhh, cradle, I suppose you're hopeless...do you not read (or remember) what others write on here?

No, CRT isn't a recounting of history...it's a legal analysis framework applied to how government laws and policies are impacted by race, yes historically but most importantly currently. And this sort of thing is college or law school level, not below.

Quite distinct from CRT, is honest and fulsome history...ala US History classes which are indeed middle and high school and to a far lesser extent touched on in elementary school.

and who the heck do you think should be determine what to teach and not to teach? You comfortable with some cracker head in Oklahoma deciding that the Tulsa Massacre shouldn't be included in the history book or mentioned in class? Because, why, some snowflake might be confused and think it means all white folks are evil doers? Yikes...

Or, heck, how about the simple fact that the Civil War was fundamentally about the secessionist south wanting to continue slavery, and all other rhetoric was no more than whitewash, then, during Jim Crow, and now? You cool with American history students not knowing that?

But sure, we're indeed getting a very interesting view into what the GOP has largely become.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Or, heck, how about the simple fact that the Civil War was fundamentally about the secessionist south wanting to continue slavery.
Cradle -- two direct honest questions for you.

1. Do you think slavery was the primary cause of the Civil War? Yes or no answer please.

2. If yes, do you think that should be taught in public schools. Yes or no answer please.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

IMO

And who will the "winners" be?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:20 pm
Or, heck, how about the simple fact that the Civil War was fundamentally about the secessionist south wanting to continue slavery.
Cradle -- two direct honest questions for you.

1. Do you think slavery was the primary cause of the Civil War? Yes or no answer please.

2. If yes, do you think that should be taught in public schools. Yes or no answer please.

Did you time-travel to 1860 and become expert on the people back then? Let us know what you discovered!!!

Did your PhD thesis cover Reasons for the Civil War? What books you read that educates you so much on the reasons? I’m reading Fears of a Setting Sun by a Rasmussen which explains some of the setup to 1860. You?

Also, this might shock the conscience, but perhaps the cause(s) of the war isn’t such an easy explainer as this or that, but perhaps a lot of different things. I dunno, life sometimes is complicated. The internet doesn’t like nuance though, I see.

No matter. What we do know is today (!!!) tons of Yankees are moving to the south! Can you explain that? Thx.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

IMO

Which team you on Baby?
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

More on CRT from an Asian.......

~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:18 pm More on CRT from an Asian.......

Nothing like skimming off the top of a society

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna443526

https://www.chron.com/news/article/Data ... 600808.php

Ain’t nothing like fair competition.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Did you time-travel to 1860 and become expert on the people back then? Let us know what you discovered!!!
Don't need a time machine. Just need to be able to read.

Kan/Neb Act 1954 repealing the Missouri Compromise. Dred Scott decision 1857. Lincoln elected in November 1860 on a GOP platform opposing any expansion of slavery beyond the existing southern states. Southern states begin seceding in December 1860.

Pretty simple stuff. Even a Gator troll should be able to understand it.

What the heck do they teach at UF?
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:12 pm
Don't need a time machine. Just need to be able to read.

Kan/Neb Act 1954 repealing the Missouri Compromise. Dred Scott decision 1857. Lincoln elected in November 1860 on a GOP platform opposing any expansion of slavery beyond the existing southern states. Southern states begin seceding in December 1860.

Pretty simple stuff. Even a Gator troll should be able to understand it.

What the heck do they teach at UF?
There is video of him in class:

“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:46 pm

This stood out in the article you cited...
“ As Jennifer Lee points out, more than 50% of Chinese immigrants in the U.S. have a bachelor’s degree. In China, the rate is about 5%.”

Does that not mean that they take advantage or the opportunities provided in America and in China those opportunities are then limited? I don’t know. The children of those intellectual Chinese in America are also succeeding, according to the author from the video link.

I suppose it’s complicated.
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:19 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:46 pm

This stood out in the article you cited...
“ As Jennifer Lee points out, more than 50% of Chinese immigrants in the U.S. have a bachelor’s degree. In China, the rate is about 5%.”

Does that not mean that they take advantage or the opportunities provided in America and in China those opportunities are then limited? I don’t know. The children of those intellectual Chinese in America are also succeeding, according to the author from the video link.

I suppose it’s complicated.
It’s called skimming off the top of society…..haven’t you heard “why do West Indians do better than black Americans?” Carry your ass down to Trinidad and ask….
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”