All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

wgdsr

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:21 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:16 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:56 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:50 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:30 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:24 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:17 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:35 pm i think you mean avoided the low end of those estimates? what a phenomenal job by both administrations!!! just evidence of american ingenuity and what the us of a can do when we're all pulling together.
:lol:
yes, we avoided the low end of the estimates of what would happen with no distancing, etc.
Not a million US dead..."just" 625k, so far.

Ahhh, but what could have been if we'd actually been 'all pulling together'...
i was speaking more about hospitalizations. seemed to be what you got into, and were predicting a real disaster. deaths are up in the air, with covid still around and excess deaths and all.

people, like public school kids, families, elderly... have made a lot of sacrifices. some just don't think they've made enough.
https://www.economist.com/graphic-detai ... hs-tracker

These TBT games have been unbelievable!
i remember when the u.s. was "the worst first world country in the first world".

peru (2nd world?) really taking it on the chin. read the other day 3? weeks into may india (3rd world?) had 2 million deaths. their count at the time was 200k, now they're over 400. is it possible they blew right by us? 4 million is a lot.

tbt - throw back thursdays?
The Basketball Tournament. Former college players in a tournament..winner takes $1MM. First to 74. Like NCAA games….
ahhh. not up on the acronym. on the suns bucks. don't think i have a broadcast of that, it's a stream?
On ESPN….. https://thetournament.com/

People will watch anything ( I am no different)….
Winners stay on. Losers go home.
winner take all? i thought they bumped it to 2 mm a couple years ago.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:28 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:35 pm i think you mean avoided the low end of those estimates? what a phenomenal job by both administrations!!! just evidence of american ingenuity and what the us of a can do when we're all pulling together.
yes, we avoided the low end of the estimates of what would happen with no distancing, etc.

i was speaking more about hospitalizations. seemed to be what you got into, and were predicting a real disaster. deaths are up in the air, with covid still around and excess deaths and all.

people, like public school kids, families, elderly... have made a lot of sacrifices. some just don't think they've made enough.

i remember when the u.s. was "the worst first world country in the first world".

peru (2nd world?) really taking it on the chin. read the other day 3? weeks into may india (3rd world?) had 2 million deaths. their count at the time was 200k, now they're over 400. is it possible they blew right by us? 4 million is a lot.

The Basketball Tournament. Former college players in a tournament..winner takes $1MM. First to 74. Like NCAA games….
ahhh. not up on the acronym. on the suns bucks. don't think i have a broadcast of that, it's a stream?

Probably Covid has messed with the money (on topic by a thread).
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:29 pm

they were in h.s. gyms not long ago. before covid shut down high schools.
the place is packed!! thank god not much covid in kansas!!
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:34 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:29 pm

Crowd was insane for Wichita State vs Creighton guys!
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

well...at 1887, the UK is a tiny smidge worse than the US 1877 deaths per million pop. Italy is a bit worse at 2118.

Those two have generally been 'worse' than US throughout, given early hit.

The rest of the top 20 worst are all 2nd and 3rd world.

Canada is 696 per million pop.

India is way down at 300.
That said, at a little more than 400k deaths recorded as COVID so far, it could be that's an undercount.
Big population, an awful lot of poverty.

Peru is brutal at 5,837 and climbing.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:05 pm

well...at 1887, the UK is a tiny smidge worse than the US 1877 deaths per million pop. Italy is a bit worse at 2118.

That said, at a little more than 400k deaths recorded as COVID so far, it could be that's an undercount.

it's not could be, india was estimated at 2 million when it was 200 recorded.
europe passed the us per capita a long time ago. the entire continent. and that's with germany being the best evah.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:38 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:29 pm Probably Covid has messed with the money (on topic by a thread).
crazy!!! that target score makes people do stupid things. als got like 10 turrible possessions in a row trying to get a 3 (that was being defended).
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:07 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:38 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:29 pm Probably Covid has messed with the money (on topic by a thread).
crazy!!! that target score makes people do stupid things. als got like 10 turrible possessions in a row trying to get a 3 (that was being defended).
Yep!! Open gym basketball. It’s fun!!
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:56 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:48 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:22 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:47 am
Opinion: The two numbers that could get people to take the vaccine
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinion ... accinated/

Simply put, publish two numbers widely: deaths if unvaccinated, and deaths with vaccination.
Any deaths from vaccines?
3 deaths from vaccines (all three J&J) of 309,000,000 vaccine doses administered in the U.S. through June 7, 2021. 313,549 people died from Covid during that same period. 5,208 vaccinated people have died from all causes during that same period.

https://covid-101.org/science/how-many- ... n-the-u-s/
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracke ... endsdeaths

Should this really be a topic of discussion? :roll:
that is simply impossible unless the vaxx is the fountain of youth.
"I don't like the fact that there are only maybe 3 deaths attributable to the vaccine so I'm gonna deflect, misrepresent the reporting and then complain about the VAERS system when corrected" LMFAO dude. You try so hard seem like you're "fair and balanced", it's been funny watching the dance over time.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:40 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:56 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:48 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:22 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:47 am
Opinion: The two numbers that could get people to take the vaccine
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinion ... accinated/

Simply put, publish two numbers widely: deaths if unvaccinated, and deaths with vaccination.
Any deaths from vaccines?
3 deaths from vaccines (all three J&J) of 309,000,000 vaccine doses administered in the U.S. through June 7, 2021. 313,549 people died from Covid during that same period. 5,208 vaccinated people have died from all causes during that same period.

https://covid-101.org/science/how-many- ... n-the-u-s/
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracke ... endsdeaths

Should this really be a topic of discussion? :roll:
that is simply impossible unless the vaxx is the fountain of youth.
"I don't like the fact that there are only maybe 3 deaths attributable to the vaccine so I'm gonna deflect, misrepresent the reporting and then complain about the VAERS system when corrected" LMFAO dude. You try so hard seem like you're "fair and balanced", it's been funny watching the dance over time.
i didn't have anything to say about 3 deaths for the vaxx. i bolded one part.
to help you along, this and the rest of this convo with follow up quotes was to point out how trust in information (i.e. vaers) can be compromised very easily to the public. and i actually represented what the writer said. are you baked or something?

but guess what, i know you're not really able to follow along, so i don't rightly care what you think you're watching. dude.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

When is delta to peak? A perspective.

At least one case of the lambda variant has been seen in the US.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

tech37

Post by tech37 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:14 am 33 new viruses found in Tibet.
Wonderful... now leave them the F alone.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:04 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:05 pm

it's not could be, india was estimated at 2 million when it was 200 recorded.
europe passed the us per capita a long time ago. the entire continent. and that's with germany being the best evah.
Makes sense re India.

Which countries are you adding up to come to Europe higher per capita?
Italy, Begium, and England appear to the only ones higher, though some others are close.
Are you including the former Eastern bloc? Hungary, Bosnia, Czechia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Poland etc?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:15 am When is delta to peak? A perspective.

At least one case of the lambda variant has been seen in the US.
A 'variant" is tracked on the molecular level, no? So, what chemical make up , or fatty acid chain, is affected by the "lambda" strain ?

Different than the "delta".

Any future variant covid deaths, going forward, are the blame ....of whom?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Last edited by jhu72 on Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I kind of want to get kicked off this website with a flourish (I feel someone should really earn that distinction), but not just yet.

On to COVID-19.

If any of you are still overweight, I’d really implore you to start dropping pounds, however you get there. Eat better, exercise, just go out for a walk. Stand up at your desk at work. Whatever.

A study published in the peer-reviewed journal Clinical Microbiology and Infection noted that co-morbidities have become almost 100% among the unvaccinated dying from the disease.

“…The cohort was characterized by a high rate of co-morbidities predisposing to severe COVID-19, including hypertension (71 percent), diabetes (48 percent), congestive heart failure (27 percent), chronic kidney and lung diseases (24 percent each), dementia (19 percent) and cancer (24 percent), and only six (4 percent) had no co-morbidities,” they reported. Just 4% not!

Nearly all of those co-morbidities have been linked to excess body weight and/or lack of physical exercise.

Hippocrates in 400 BC said that exercise is man’s best medicine, but his message has been lost over time, and we are an increasingly sedentary society.

Stop posting on websites and go outside.

Carry on.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:08 am What is known about lambda.

More on lambda.
More on Lambda Lambda Lambda:

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Heard from a very good source that the State of Maryland is going after people who violated covid restrictions. Back yard parties, bbq's and even white elephant "yard sales". They are checking your Facebook posts & time stamps .....well, have ALREADY been checking.

SO......should people be "worried" about the revenue grab that the Hogan administration is fostering? Expect the fine in the mail soon.

Baltimore city shouldn't need worry. The poor can't afford a laminated photo ID, they certainly can't afford social media use.....can they?

Fines will be similar to not having enough life jackets..........naughty naughty yard salers and grad party attendees.

Go get em, big government
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:14 am Stop posting on websites and go outside.

LMFAO dude, you're in selfawarewolves territory

Return to “POLITICS”