Miscellaneous questions, thoughts, impressions, etc.

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Bart

Re: Miscellaneous questions, thoughts, impressions, etc.

Post by Bart »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:04 am This is the Pride Lacrosse team celebrating their 5-4 win over the Yellow Jackets (N.Y.) to claim the USA Lacrosse Youth Nationals 13U Championship this Wednesday past. Makes my heart sing to see these young women passionate about the great sport of women's lacrosse. The next generation on the way...

…..and someone called NJBill creepy 🤣🤣🤣
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:04 am This is the Pride Lacrosse team celebrating their 5-4 win over the Yellow Jackets (N.Y.) to claim the USA Lacrosse Youth Nationals 13U Championship this Wednesday past. Makes my heart sing to see these young women passionate about the great sport of women's lacrosse. The next generation on the way...

D used to play in this club and is now a coach for the club. Good on ya Pride👍😎
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:04 pm

D used to play in this club and is now a coach for the club. Good on ya Pride👍😎
Very cool, Doc. If you don’t mind my asking—how young were your D’s when they first picked up a crosse, and how old when they got Crosse Fever?
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:33 am Going back through the archives and found this interesting historical photo. I was at the May 20th Elite 8 game at BC vs USC in 2017 when (gasp!) here comes Kayla Treanor, (who was and is greatly esteemed by your humble narrator), with an entourage of her Boston Storm teammates (remember that cup of coffee league?). I wondered that she was at the game. I could barely focus on the action until I snapped this photo. I briefly told Ms. Treanor after the game that I greatly appreciated her career and that she was responsible for my becoming a fan of the sport.

Then as events unfolded over the next few weeks it became clear, it was all part of the process of Treanor becoming the associate head coach for Boston College.

:shock: :shock:
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Ever Wonder How Many?

Dr. Tact wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:45 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:43 pm Syracuse - 135
2021 Season in Review - 59
Big 10 Women's - 95
Ivy League - 95
Coaching Carousel - 78
Women's USA team - 79
Does this account for Google and other bots that are caching the pages?
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:54 pm Not always but relatively often.
I'm quoting you out of context Matnum to bring you into this post to see if you have an answer for the question Doc poses here.
Matnum PI

Re: Ever Wonder How Many?

Post by Matnum PI »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:25 am
Dr. Tact wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:45 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:43 pm Syracuse - 135
2021 Season in Review - 59
Big 10 Women's - 95
Ivy League - 95
Coaching Carousel - 78
Women's USA team - 79
Does this account for Google and other bots that are caching the pages?
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:54 pm Not always but relatively often.
I'm quoting you out of context Matnum to bring you into this post to see if you have an answer for the question Doc poses here.
I dunno for sure. My guess is that this includes caching 'bots. With this said, minus 'bots, we do have a lot of viewers.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
OuttaNowhereWregget

Sister Act

More from the excellent podcast The Stick Drop hosted by Sheehan Stanwick Burch. Livy Rosenzweig was asked if she tended to be the sister who liked to have more fun practicing in the backyard than her older sister Gabby. Humorous response from Livy:

Both sisters ended up being great regardless of bent during backyard practices. Gabby's "all business" approach and hours and hours of working on her moves yielded fantastic precision goals like this:

Gabby and Livy Rosenzweig--one of the great Sister Acts in NCAA history.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Cool Development

I will Definitely watch lacrosse in the Olympics, no matter what form it takes. This is exciting.

https://twitter.com/usalacrossemag/stat ... 19616?s=21
OuttaNowhereWregget

And that’s that

Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Tact

Re: And that’s that

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:53 am Case closed—now and forever—world without end.

viewtopic.php?f=290&t=2442
huh?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:02 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:53 am Case closed—now and forever—world without end.

huh?
Trolling. It’s like dealing with a spoiled seventh grader.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Admin - time to enforce your new trolling rules, there is not a more clear cut case than this post. I think a 365 day penalty would send the right message.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

8meterPA wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:42 am Admin - time to enforce your new trolling rules, there is not a more clear cut case than this post. I think a 365 day penalty would send the right message.
Missed you 8meterPA
DMac

Post by DMac »

I think 365 is a little light but can live with that. A continuous effort for justifying the underperforming, choke talk despite being told several times in several different ways that this is a little different world and not appreciated inasmuch as so many people here are personally connected to these teams and gals. Still wants it to be the same as the Patriots because....well because that's the way he wants it.
Will post this again for you ONW....not that I figure it will do any good.
You suddenly changed your tune a little bit and showed a little respect when the word bombastic was thrown at you.
Here are some synonyms for the word:
synonyms:
pompous · blustering · ranting · blathering · verbose · wordy · turgid · periphrastic · euphuistic · orotund · pleonastic · high-flown · high-sounding · highfalutin · lofty · overwrought · convoluted · pretentious · affected · ostentatious · grandiloquent · magniloquent · fustian

Here is the definition, along with synonyms, of critique:
critique
[kriˈtēk]
NOUN
a detailed analysis and assessment of something, especially a literary, philosophical, or political theory.
"a critique of Marxist historicism"
synonyms
analysis · evaluation · assessment · appraisal · appreciation · review · write-up · criticism · critical essay · textual examination · commentary · study · treatise · discourse · exposition · disquisition · account · exegesis · crit · anatomization

There is quite a difference there and that is the issue, you are quite softening your style when you use the word critique, that is an inaccurate description of the tone of many of your posts. Hence the flak you have received from many long time posters here. Critiquing teams and players has always been a part of LP/FL and sports in general, it is the harshness you chose to do it with that is the issue. If you want to dish out that kind of harshness you should sure as hell be able able to take the same kind of harsh criticism in return. Instead you run to Admin and tell him/them all the boys are picking on you and the game's gotten too rough for you. Jus' sayin'.

Frankly I don't see the issue with lah, think she (I think) has always been a reasonable poster....knowledgeable too.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I'm with Dr. Tact. Huh? What is Outta talking about?
Caddy Day
OuttaNowhereWregget

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:35 am

Sometimes I post things in this miscellaneous topic as Notes to Self or Things I Want to Remember. I wasn’t planning to engage on it.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Puffed pastry dough for plum turnovers
Cream cheese
parchment paper
Toilet paper
Rolling papers
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:35 am

He's trying to say that calling teams and players "chokers" (or "chronic under performers") is cool.
No one should object to it. "case closed"...as if a prayer.

He's trolling for a reaction. Nothing more.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:44 amSometimes I post things in this miscellaneous topic as Notes to Self or Things I Want to Remember. I wasn’t planning to engage on it.
Just a nonsensical post? You must've been referring to something. No?...
Caddy Day
OuttaNowhereWregget

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:55 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:44 amSometimes I post things in this miscellaneous topic as Notes to Self or Things I Want to Remember. I wasn’t planning to engage on it.
Just a nonsensical post? You must've been referring to something. No?...
I was on the men’s side today and I rarely ever go there. I saw this topic and was skimming through it and I wanted to keep it as a note to self. If it’s a problem – I am fine with you removing it.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”