All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

dislaxxic

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by dislaxxic »

Speaking of mouth-breathers...

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) fundraised off of criticism he received for selling merchandise that mocked the nation’s leading infectious diseases expert, Anthony Fauci.

In an online fundraising appeal the governor released Thursday, DeSantis defended himself, saying that he protected Floridians from getting “Fauci-ed,” keeping state schools open and saving jobs in the state.

DeSantis knocked the media, claiming they attacked him for “having the backbone to call Fauci out," adding that he refused to follow “an unelected career government bureaucrat” like Fauci.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:10 am Speaking of mouth-breathers...

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) fundraised off of criticism he received for selling merchandise that mocked the nation’s leading infectious diseases expert, Anthony Fauci.

In an online fundraising appeal the governor released Thursday, DeSantis defended himself, saying that he protected Floridians from getting “Fauci-ed,” keeping state schools open and saving jobs in the state.

DeSantis knocked the media, claiming they attacked him for “having the backbone to call Fauci out," adding that he refused to follow “an unelected career government bureaucrat” like Fauci.
https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/20 ... in-the-us/
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

I am just hoping that we don’t snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

china's a tough gig. what's with those folks going on the record against this? hide the women and children.

pfizer creates 10x the antibodies. but don't recommend it to your patients, or you're out of the program in hk.
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-07- ... novac.html

take a crappy vaccine, or else. when approved, very low numbers in trial anyone over 60 for at least one of them (both?). so who knows how it goes? haven't seen anything on how they do vs. delta. i have a guess. not sure why they don't just mandate it and hold people down.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-57817591
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:36 am

I remember last year one our our esteemed posters stated “Fauci thins he’s all that”…..from an adult.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

uk similar vaxx numbers:
infections from 2k - to what'll be 40k tomorrow after a 50 spot laid today.
deaths up 6-7 fold from trough, still low at maybe 40+ daily after tomorrow but they're parabolic right now on both fronts, so 2 weeks from now, deaths will be substantially higher.

uk is 1/5th our size.
one caveat they're big on azn (and pfe) vs all pfe/mrna.

whither what's next in the us of a? lockdowns?
not for the uk. they're all in.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/16/england ... perts.html
ggait

Post by ggait »

We just don’t know how many breakthrough cases there are in the United States. With Delta or with any other variant. And we may never know.
My assumption is that there are millions of unidentified breakthroughs here in the USA. But unless/until vaxed people start getting sick in large numbers, there's not much reason to identify them.

The only reason why you see the breakthroughs hitting the Yankees is because MLB does very frequent extensive testing on their mostly vaxed players. All those guys feel fine. And if vaxed with no/few symptoms, they are unlikely to be spreaders.

Outside of a pro sports league situation, no one would bother to get tested if (i) you are fully vaxed and (ii) have no or very mild symptoms.

I myself got a bad summer cold around July 4th. My cold-like symptoms were very consistent with Delta variant (but not consistent with prior variants).
I debated whether to get a test or not. Finally did since there was a free drive through open on the holiday Monday so it was convenient.

High volume through put set up at a large outdoor athletic complex. I was the only person there. If I had come back positive, I wouldn't have done anything much different.
Last edited by ggait on Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:12 am

I remember last year one our our esteemed posters stated “Fauci thins he’s all that”…..from an adult.
fauci's got thick skin. still don't get his mask buy in, other than what do you have to lose?

therapeutic development would be nice by now. fauci likes the d. will take him up on that one.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:29 pm
We just don’t know how many breakthrough cases there are in the United States. With Delta or with any other variant. And we may never know.
My assumption is that there are millions of unidentified breakthroughs here in the USA. But unless/until vaxed people start getting sick in large numbers, there's not much reason to identify them.

The only reason why you see the breakthroughs hitting the Yankees is because MLB does very frequent extensive testing on their mostly vaxed players. All those guys feel fine. And if vaxed with no/few symptoms, they are unlikely to be spreaders.

Outside of a pro sports league situation, no one would bother to get tested if (i) you are fully vaxed and (ii) have no or very mild symptoms.

I myself got a bad summer cold around July 4th. My cold-like symptoms were very consistent with Delta variant (but not consistent with prior variants).
I debated whether to get a test or not. Finally did since there was a free drive through open on the holiday Monday so it was convenient.

High volume through put set up at a large outdoor athletic complex. I was the only person there. If I had come back positive, I wouldn't have done anything much different.
why debate?
or maybe not doing anything much different means you weren't in contact with anyone at all and wouldn't have been?
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:39 pm

fauci's got thick skin. still don't get his mask buy in, other than what do you have to lose?

therapeutic development would be nice by now. fauci likes the d. will take him up on that one.
I wonder why the rest of the world also wear masks? Idiots I suppose.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:06 pm

all they have to do is look at south korea over the last 2 weeks.
ftr, it's not "the rest of the world". i'm not sure that's the dividing line on countries' intelligence level, either.
gut instinct.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:10 pm

ftr, it's not "the rest of the world". i'm not sure that's the dividing line on countries' intelligence level, either.
gut instinct.
Mask don’t work at all. Kind dumb to wear them. I have no idea why they are made in the first place. Painters can use them I guess.
“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

White House: Florida accounts for 20 percent of all new COVID-19 infections

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/5 ... infections
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:15 pm

gut instinct.
Mask don’t work at all. Kind dumb to wear them. I have no idea why they are made in the first place. Painters can use them I guess.
correct. paint spray is 20 to 40 microns.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:18 pm

gut instinct.
correct. paint spray is 20 to 40 microns.
Yep.
“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

gut instinct.
Maybe some of the more enlightened posters here can tell me why masks are even in existence? Fashion wear?

I assume that when these anti-maskers go into surgery they demand that everyone removes their masks.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

CU88 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:20 pm

gut instinct.
Maybe some of the more enlightened posters here can tell me why masks are even in existence? Fashion wear?

I assume that when these anti-maskers go into surgery they demand that everyone removes their masks.
Man these things are stupid: https://www.sphosp.org/wp-content/uploa ... -Final.pdf

A complete joke. Fauci is dumb.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

CU88 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:20 pm

gut instinct.

they're probably knocked out already. i doubt they take a local.

Return to “POLITICS”