All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

jhu72

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

... I would say it is pretty depressing, but someone will just charge me with fear mongering.

What concerns me is the significantly different profile of those getting sick and dying compared to last year if you believe the healthcare workers.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Well, on the bright side, maybe the "hoax" will remove a large portion of the stupid. About time we had some selective pressure applied to the population. 6 billion ought to do the trick.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

covid is making a comeback thanks to right wing stupidity which still insists it is a "hoax":

https://image.politicalcartoons.com/253 ... meback.png
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:47 am covid is making a comeback thanks to right wing stupidity which still insists it is a "hoax":

https://image.politicalcartoons.com/253 ... meback.png
That’s LOL funny! Multiple laughs!
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:43 am
Well, on the bright side, maybe the "hoax" will remove a large portion of the stupid. About time we had some selective pressure applied to the population. 6 billion ought to do the trick.
Well...here in America it's the "stupid"...not so much elsewhere.

The issue here in America, with the "stupid", that actually should concern us, is that children are getting seriously sick and even dying from Delta...teenagers at an alarming rate, but also children 12 and under who are not yet approved to be vaccinated. Victims of the stupid.

And maybe even more upsetting is that the anti-vax crappola has now spilled over to not being able to message necessity of regular, normally required, vaccines for measles, polio, rubella, etc. That's going to inevitably be really, really nasty...
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

man, you guys are really harsh on minorities and all types of people who have kids.
never thought i'd see that out of some on these threads.

no insurance affordability. ex-obama hhs sec'y says no right to work or be around kids. guess they'll just die and be fewer of them.

whew. lot to unpack.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:01 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:15 am https://apnews.com/article/health-gover ... 24f46939cf

cdc says teachers and students can go maskless, gavin says hold my beer -- not in public schools! go private if you want that ish like me.
#followthescience
Great job misrepresenting the article to fit your agenda dude. :lol:
always happy to be corrected. what was misrepresented?
in for what my agenda is, too. dude.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:26 pm man, you guys are really harsh on minorities and all types of people who have kids.

no insurance affordability. ex-obama hhs sec'y says no right to work or be around kids. guess they'll just die and be fewer of them.

whew. lot to unpack.
This is one of the posts that are sometimes difficult to decipher. ;)

First, are you responding to me? My post immediately preceding yours?
Are you disagreeing with me?

Or are you agreeing with me that there are innocents involved as well? Not just the "stupid" actively promoting anti-vax propaganda and/or swallowing it wholesale.

I don't understand the reference to "no insurance affordability"...the vaccine is free, so how is insurance involved in this question?

And what are you referring to with the 'right to work' comment?

I'm not taking issue with anything you're intending to say,
I just don't understand the references...might be way less informed than you.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:57 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:26 pm man, you guys are really harsh on minorities and all types of people who have kids.

whew. lot to unpack.

i didn't see your post.

Or are you agreeing with me that there are innocents involved as well? Not just the "stupid" actively promoting anti-vax propaganda and/or swallowing it wholesale.

I don't understand the reference to "no insurance affordability"...the vaccine is free, so how is insurance involved in this question?
short list of some solutions/reactions prescribed here the last several days (not all inclusive... no sympathy is another, for example).
that's a throw in not from the boards, but something obama's ex-secretary of hhs is now prescribing.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

[quote=wgdsr post_id=278264 time=1626280016 user_id=472
man, you guys are really harsh on minorities and all types of people who have kids.

no insurance affordability. ex-obama hhs sec'y saysemjoy no right to work or be around kids. guess they'll just die and be fewer of them.

whew. lot to unpack.
[/quote]

I’m not as harsh as the conditions are about to get.

Time for “idiot compassion” is over.

Buckle up and enjoy the ride.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

1 million people in France make vaccine appointments after Macron warning

More than 1 million people in France have made appointments to get the coronavirus vaccine after French President Emmanuel Macron said COVID-19 passes would soon be needed for daily activities.

Doctolib, the centralized vaccine appointment app for the country, announced Tuesday that 1.3 million people in France signed up to get the coronavirus vaccine, The Associated Press reported. The majority of those who signed up were under 35 years old.

The surge in vaccination appointments comes after Macron said proof of a coronavirus vaccination, a negative COVID-19 test or recent recovery from the virus would be needed to go into restaurants and stores.

A COVID-19 pass would be needed to get on planes and trains as well.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/1- ... ar-AAM7dFG

Dunno about anyone else but I sure as hell don't want to see anyone needlessly die because they hadn't taken the vax. Wise up folks - I'd rather have you right wing delusionals vax up and live so that I can kick your butts here on a daily basis than to have you die because some reich winger told you the vax would result in a 666 tag on your forehead.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:05 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:57 pm

whew. lot to unpack.

i didn't see your post.

short list of some solutions/reactions prescribed here the last several days (not all inclusive... no sympathy is another, for example).
that's a throw in not from the boards, but something obama's ex-secretary of hhs is now prescribing.
ok, thanks...I think I understand.

On the health insurance, my view is that if a person refuses to take certain actions that are fully in their control, eg get vaccinated (absent a valid medical reason) they should pay more for their insurance (ie less if you are vaccinated). Their expected cost of care is higher statistically. Exceptions? Well, Medicaid is free...

On 'right to work', I think it should be entirely legal for employers or indeed any private business to require their employees #1 and customers #2 to be vaccinated in order to continue their employment, receive service...again, except for valid medically approved reasons. I'm not so sure it should be required for employers to take such action, except for situations in which there is a clear public health imperative due to high exposure that can't be adequately mitigated by other measures. That said, vaccinations are certainly preferable for businesses relative to social distancing, density, and mask limitations. For instance, if a cruise line wants to require it of employees and customers, willing to lose employees and customers, they certainly should not be prohibited by government from doing so.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:07 am
... I would say it is pretty depressing, but someone will just charge me with fear mongering.

What concerns me is the significantly different profile of those getting sick and dying compared to last year if you believe the healthcare workers.
“Flatten the curve.”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:05 pm Dunno about anyone else but I sure as hell don't want to see anyone needlessly die because they hadn't taken the vax. Wise up folks - I'd rather have you right wing delusionals vax up and live so that I can kick your butts here on a daily basis than to have you die because some reich winger told you the vax would result in a 666 tag on your forehead.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:18 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:07 am

“Flatten the curve.”
Is the curve flat in Missouri, Mississippi and Arkansas?
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:25 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:05 pm Dunno about anyone else but I sure as hell don't want to see anyone needlessly die because they hadn't taken the vax. Wise up folks - I'd rather have you right wing delusionals vax up and live so that I can kick your butts here on a daily basis than to have you die because some reich winger told you the vax would result in a 666 tag on your forehead.
https://www.rand.org/news/press/2021/03/01.html
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:29 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:25 pm
https://www.rand.org/news/press/2021/03/01.html
You have anything since March 1st?

EDIT: Found one, Ace.

https://patientengagementhit.com/news/a ... -decreases
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:05 pm 1 million people in France make vaccine appointments after Macron warning

More than 1 million people in France have made appointments to get the coronavirus vaccine after French President Emmanuel Macron said COVID-19 passes would soon be needed for daily activities.

Doctolib, the centralized vaccine appointment app for the country, announced Tuesday that 1.3 million people in France signed up to get the coronavirus vaccine, The Associated Press reported. The majority of those who signed up were under 35 years old.

The surge in vaccination appointments comes after Macron said proof of a coronavirus vaccination, a negative COVID-19 test or recent recovery from the virus would be needed to go into restaurants and stores.

Dunno about anyone else but I sure as hell don't want to see anyone needlessly die because they hadn't taken the vax. Wise up folks - I'd rather have you right wing delusionals vax up and live so that I can kick your butts here on a daily basis than to have you die because some reich winger told you the vax would result in a 666 tag on your forehead.
macron and biden do seem chummy.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:43 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:05 pm 1 million people in France make vaccine appointments after Macron warning

macron and biden do seem chummy.
:D Macron is very, very happy he doesn't have to hold Trump's hand anymore...
ggait

Post by ggait »

Nobody likes to be told what to do.

But telling people what to do is actually quite effective.

When the first mandatory seat belt law was passed in 1980, only 14% of folks wore seat belts. Today 49 states require them and 90% of folks wear them.

NH is the only state without a seat belt law. Only 70% of NH-ers wear seat belts today...
Boycott stupid. Country over party.

Return to “POLITICS”