Syracuse

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Bart

Re: Syracuse

Post by Bart »

moonwater21 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:22 pm
Cagekeeper wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:37 am
moonwater21 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:11 pm ^^^ I wonder that as well. Speaking of that-- I wish someone who is on here who has access to the portal would be gracious enough to create an updated list like they are doing on the men's side. It's not fair that us women's lacrosse fans have to suffer and wait to find these things out!
Well one flew the coop. Transferred out
I just had to do some digging. I'm assuming you mean Jorden Concordia -----> St. Joe's?
Good for her. Wish the kid luck.
Laxinfordays

Post by Laxinfordays »

Bart wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:13 pm
moonwater21 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:22 pm
Cagekeeper wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:37 am
moonwater21 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:11 pm ^^^ I wonder that as well. Speaking of that-- I wish someone who is on here who has access to the portal would be gracious enough to create an updated list like they are doing on the men's side. It's not fair that us women's lacrosse fans have to suffer and wait to find these things out!
Well one flew the coop. Transferred out
I just had to do some digging. I'm assuming you mean Jorden Concordia -----> St. Joe's?
Good for her. Wish the kid luck.
Funny. Did some digging too. Seems Jordan saw the writing on the wall. She was probably smart
OuttaNowhereWregget

Great highlight of Halle Majorana ripping one

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Back when Halle romped and stomped for the Orange.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRO24kYDPpw ... =copy_link
OuttaNowhereWregget

So--Kayla Treanor’s first year at the Orange helm coming up, I wonder who she'll start for the offensive unit. Hawryschuk and Carney should be back--healthy and raring to go. Gotta figure they'll be there as starters. Then Swart and the two Tyrrell sisters. It will be interesting to see how Treanor uses Emma Ward. She certainly has the talent and drive to be a starter--and a dangerous offensive threat. So that's 6 for the sake of discussion and speculation.

Any blue chip recruits who might come in and start a la Belle Smith and Caitlyn Wurzburger? How about Maddie Baxter? Where will she be in her development to begin '22?

I wonder if coach Treanor will carry as many players on the roster as Gait did. I wonder if any coach carried as many players as Gary typically did.

Syracuse will be a very interesting team to watch in '22. Lots of story lines to follow and things to look forward to--foremost for me will be the first meeting with BC.
Idontknowtherules

Post by Idontknowtherules »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:08 am So--Kayla Treanor’s first year at the Orange helm coming up, I wonder who she'll start for the offensive unit. Hawryschuk and Carney should be back--healthy and raring to go. Gotta figure they'll be there as starters. Then Swart and the two Tyrrell sisters. It will be interesting to see how Treanor uses Emma Ward. She certainly has the talent and drive to be a starter--and a dangerous offensive threat. So that's 6 for the sake of discussion and speculation.

Any blue chip recruits who might come in and start a la Belle Smith and Caitlyn Wurzburger? How about Maddie Baxter? Where will she be in her development to begin '22?

I wonder if coach Treanor will carry as many players on the roster as Gait did. I wonder if any coach carried as many players as Gary typically did.

Syracuse will be a very interesting team to watch in '22. Lots of story lines to follow and things to look forward to--foremost for me will be the first meeting with BC.
Ward may take Emily Ehle spot. Much to the dismay of incoming freshman from Florida. Who I’m assuming was expecting to be there
Baxter to me is a gigantic question mark. I do not see how she’s second string material. There are some good players that I’ve heard are better. But I’m not there so who knows lol
Gait carried a huge roster due to covid. I don’t know another team that returned all their seniors
I think a 40 girl roster will be the case. With a travel team of 32. Few transfers out. Few transfers in
Bart

Post by Bart »

Idontknowtherules wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:12 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:08 am So--Kayla Treanor’s first year at the Orange helm coming up, I wonder who she'll start for the offensive unit. Hawryschuk and Carney should be back--healthy and raring to go. Gotta figure they'll be there as starters. Then Swart and the two Tyrrell sisters. It will be interesting to see how Treanor uses Emma Ward. She certainly has the talent and drive to be a starter--and a dangerous offensive threat. So that's 6 for the sake of discussion and speculation.

Ward may take Emily Ehle spot. Much to the dismay of incoming freshman from Florida. Who I’m assuming was expecting to be there
Baxter to me is a gigantic question mark. I do not see how she’s second string material. There are some good players that I’ve heard are better. But I’m not there so who knows lol
Gait carried a huge roster due to covid. I don’t know another team that returned all their seniors
I think a 40 girl roster will be the case. With a travel team of 32. Few transfers out. Few transfers in
Ward is predominantly a Right handed player no? Ehle was low left. If memory serves me both Carney and Hawryshuk are predominately Rt.
OuttaNowhereWregget

While we’re on the topic, here comes 51!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRXmljssKKH ... =copy_link
OuttaNowhereWregget

Idontknowtherules wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:12 am Ward may take Emily Ehle spot. Much to the dismay of incoming freshman from Florida. Who I’m assuming was expecting to be there
Thanks very much for the response and info. Good stuff.
OuttaNowhereWregget

seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Bart wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:30 am

Ward is predominantly a Right handed player no? Ehle was low left. If memory serves me both Carney and Hawryshuk are predominately Rt.
If my memory serves, Ward started the year on a midfield line, and may settle in there when 22, 51, and 18 settle into their usual spots. I can see her in an attack spot, but she may team with Swart and Markey on a first midfield (I may well be forgetting someone who is returning here). Gait seemed to like having two lefties and two righties in his foursome of attackers, which seemed to allow the weave to garner more innovation and multiple directions for feeders and shooters. I think you will see Markey, 55, get more minutes next year from midfield.
Bart

Post by Bart »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:21 am

If my memory serves, Ward started the year on a midfield line, and may settle in there when 22, 51, and 18 settle into their usual spots. I can see her in an attack spot, but she may team with Swart and Markey on a first midfield (I may well be forgetting someone who is returning here). Gait seemed to like having two lefties and two righties in his foursome of attackers, which seemed to allow the weave to garner more innovation and multiple directions for feeders and shooters. I think you will see Markey, 55, get more minutes next year from midfield.
I think you forgot Ms Cockerille who was a Jr last year, unless I missed something where she was not returning. The Orange will have lots of offensive weapons if everyone rehabs back to 100%
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Bart wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:01 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:21 am

I think you forgot Ms Cockerille who was a Jr last year, unless I missed something where she was not returning. The Orange will have lots of offensive weapons if everyone rehabs back to 100%
Yup, forgot 43. Thanks Bart.
DMac

Post by DMac »

#45, Chevarie, is another one who had some impressive moments and looked to be a pretty darn good player.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

DMac wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:21 pm #45, Chevarie, is another one who had some impressive moments and looked to be a pretty darn good player.
Yup. Midfielders are at least Swart 3, E. Tyrell 24, Cockerille 43, Chevarie 45, Baxter 49, and Markey 55 (there is at least another freshman, No. 15 from St. Anthony's listed as a midfielder). Not sure of the incoming class, but I think there are at least two midfielders there too. I could include 44 here, but she is likely more a natural attacker. Gonna be an interesting fall ball for Treanor.

Still, with the departure of Defliese, Nazarian, and Ella Simkins, and Goldstock, the defense is the most interesting rebuild.
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:28 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:21 pm #45, Chevarie, is another one who had some impressive moments and looked to be a pretty darn good player.
Yup. Midfielders are at least Swart 3, E. Tyrell 24, Cockerille 43, Chevarie 45, Baxter 49, and Markey 55 (there is at least another freshman, No. 15 from St. Anthony's listed as a midfielder). Not sure of the incoming class, but I think there are at least two midfielders there too. I could include 44 here, but she is likely more a natural attacker. Gonna be an interesting fall ball for Treanor.

Still, with the departure of Defliese, Nazarian, and Ella Simkins, and Goldstock, the defense is the most interesting rebuild.
Plenty of talent already there waiting their turn.
And don’t be surprised if midfield changes with new coach at the helm
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cagekeeper wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:09 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:28 pm

Plenty of talent already there waiting their turn.
And don’t be surprised if midfield changes with new coach at the helm
If my memory serves, you have mentioned this issue of women waiting in the wings. Can you say who?
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... inal/58243

Great article about a fantastic, somehow underrated player: Meaghan Tyrrell. She definitely should've been a tewaaraton finalist.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

laxer12 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:36 am https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... inal/58243

Great article about a fantastic, somehow underrated player: Meaghan Tyrrell. She definitely should've been a tewaaraton finalist.
Thanks for posting this; great article.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Thanks X2, really good article about a gal who carried a heavy load and was a terrific player and leader when she was most needed. Very gutsy performance.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Lizzie Colson, Maryland - Grad. Student, Defense Taylor Moreno, North Carolina - Sr., Goalie Charlotte North, Boston College - Sr., Attack Jamie Ortega, North Carolina - Sr., Attack
Izzy Scane, Northwestern - Jr., Attack

In hindsight, who might Tyrrell have taken the place of? I think a case might be made for everyone but North.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”