Favorite Teams and Players - and other diversions

D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxnut

A Day at Boston College for ACC action vs Notre Dame

Post by wlaxnut »

I thought you all might like to see what it's like to watch a Boston College game at their home field. This was the game vs Notre Dame. Regular season admission is free. The confines are close and friendly, (except when NY teams and their fans visit [just kidding, just kidding]). I make a habit of getting there very early as you can see. I usually move for the 2nd half so I can see the Eagles attack from behind the net. For this kind of exciting sport with highly skilled athletes competing--there is no better ticket (or seat) in town.

https://youtu.be/yzluBp1hDfc
wlaxnut

Seeking Sheehan

Post by wlaxnut »

Does anyone know of a website that has highlights of Sheehan Stanwick in her playing days with Georgetown?
wlaxnut

Re: Favorite Teams and Players - and other diversions

Post by wlaxnut »

Fall Ball is right around the corner. If the venues are conducive, I'm going to try to get an early look at the 2020 Eagles.

2020 season is only 6 months away now. Time marches on.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

The Scarlet Knights of Rutgers fit in this topic. They had a season for the books in ‘21. Very enjoyable team to watch. They have some scrappy hard working players. I hope they continue on the upward climb in ‘22. They won’t sneak up on anyone, that’s for sure.

https://scarletknights.com/news/2021/7/ ... eview.aspx
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

It will be interesting to see how the B1G teams do now that they can play out of conference again. The B1G was the most puzzling conference in 2021. Yeah, a few teams got in to the NCAA tournament and got to play non-B1G teams, but aside from NU going undefeated, they all just beat up on each other - next best record was 7-5!
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:34 am The Scarlet Knights of Rutgers fit in this topic. They had a season for the books in ‘21. Very enjoyable team to watch. They have some scrappy hard working players. I hope they continue on the upward climb in ‘22. They won’t sneak up on anyone, that’s for sure.

I am sorry I never got to see the Knights in action...prolly to busy watching youth, middle school, high school, D2, D3, and Pro games :twisted:

Internet tells me there is no such thing as a female knight. Should they be the Scarlet Dames? Just being sensitive here :oops:
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:50 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:34 am The Scarlet Knights of Rutgers fit in this topic. They had a season for the books in ‘21. Very enjoyable team to watch. They have some scrappy hard working players. I hope they continue on the upward climb in ‘22. They won’t sneak up on anyone, that’s for sure.

I am sorry I never got to see the Knights in action...prolly to busy watching youth, middle school, high school, D2, D3, and Pro games :twisted:

Internet tells me there is no such thing as a female knight. Should they be the Scarlet Dames? Just being sensitive here :oops:
I love it :D
OuttaNowhereWregget

Gabby Rosenzweig

For years I only knew Gabby from afar as Livy Rosenzweig’s sister as more Loyola games were streamed free than Penn games. So it was a revelation to watch the elder Gabby play for Duke this past season. I’m trying to think of other student athletes who played with such exuberance and skill. And I’m sure there were/are many. The Collins sisters of Navy come to mind. Duke’s Katie Cronin—not so much the same skill level but certainly the exuberance.

In any event, number 25 played like a coiled spring. Possessor of a wicked first step and so many skills, she was one dangerous attacker during her playing days. And my did she have fun!

Too bad they couldn’t just keep playing. (I know this is all fantasy but) If women’s lacrosse was like football where a blue chip player gets drafted and goes on to play for a pro team. If such was the case, it would be a long time before anyone ever bumped Gabby from any pro roster. She would be dazzling fans for years.
OuttaNowhereWregget

IL's Top 50 Players for the 2022 Season

Might as well park this under favorite players as that's pretty much all this is for the Inside Lacrosse Magazine staff. All great players, mind, but it's difficult to be conclusive in some respects when ranking these gifted young women. Athletes from the men's side are included hence the gap between numbers. These are the names released so far. Still to come: 30-1

49. Sam Swart (M) - Syracuse
45. Molly Dougherty (G) - JMU
42. Ali Baiocco (A) - Stanford
41. Aurora Cordingley (A) - Maryland
39. Hollie Schleicher (D) - Boston College
37. Katie Detwiler (D) - Loyola (pictured)
36. Hannah Leubecker (A) - Maryland
34. Kasey Choma (M) - Notre Dame
33. Andie Aldave (A/M) - Carolina
31. Belle Smith (M) - Boston College

OuttaNowhereWregget

IL's Top 50 Players for the 2022 Season

29. Marge Donovan (D) - Princeton
28. Sydney Watson (M) - UConn (pictured)
26. Maddie Jenner (A/DS) - Duke
24. Sarah Reznick (G) - Florida
22. Livy Rosenzweig (A) - Loyola
21. Sarah Cooper (D) - Syracuse

Laxfan500

Re: IL's Top 50 Players for the 2022 Season

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:48 am 29. Marge Donovan (D) - Princeton
28. Sydney Watson (M) - UConn (pictured)

Next 20 players will be interesting . I feel like a lot of talented kids will miss the top 50 when total list comes out. Purely subjective but something Lax to talk about 😉
OuttaNowhereWregget

Laxfan500 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:06 pm Next 20 players will be interesting . I feel like a lot of talented kids will miss the top 50 when total list comes out. Purely subjective but something Lax to talk about 😉
Seems like this is a what-the-list-should-look-like list, or an it-would-be-nice-if-we-could-include-more-players-who-don’t-usually-get-the-spotlight list. This is a list with a mild agenda one could say. It has "interns" written all over it. With only 20 spots left, and that 20 divided with the boys, there should be glaring omissions worthy of egg on the IL staff’s collective face​.​
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:54 am
Laxfan500 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:06 pm Next 20 players will be interesting . I feel like a lot of talented kids will miss the top 50 when total list comes out. Purely subjective but something Lax to talk about 😉
Seems like this is a what-the-list-should-look-like list, or an it-would-be-nice-if-we-could-include-more-players-who-don’t-usually-get-the-spotlight list. This is a list with a mild agenda one could say. It has "interns" written all over it. With only 20 spots left, and that 20 divided with the boys, there should be glaring omissions worthy of egg on the IL staff’s collective face​.​
it will be interesting to see where or if Carney, EH, and Scane (?) end up on list.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Of the 25 Tewaaraton women’s nominees from 2021 who haven’t graduated or been tabbed for the list yet:

Megan Carney, Syracuse - Jr., Attack
Bridget Deehan, Notre Dame - Sr., Goalie
Olivia Dirks, Penn State - Soph., Midfield
Annie Dyson, Virginia - Jr., Midfield
Lauren Gilbert, Northwestern - Sr., Attack
Grace Griffin, Maryland - Sr., Midfield
Karson Harris, Drexel - Sr., Midfield
Taylor Moreno, North Carolina - Sr., Goalie
Charlotte North, Boston College - Sr., Attack
Jamie Ortega, North Carolina - Sr., Attack
Izzy Scane, Northwestern - Jr., Attack
Emma Trenchard, North Carolina - Sr., Defense
Meaghan Tyrrell, Syracuse - Jr., Attack

to which, I added this incomplete list of players I think are just as worthy as Maddie Jenner or Marge Donovan:

Erin Coykendall
Sam Fiedler
Lauren Gilbert
Scottie Rose Growney
Emily Hawryschuk
Maddie Howe
Paige Petty
Ally Mastroianni
Jenn Medjid
Taylor Moreno
Caitlyn Wurzburger

Below is the list so far with the final 20 to drop early this week.

49. Sam Swart (M) - Syracuse
45. Molly Dougherty (G) - JMU
42. Ali Baiocco (A) - Stanford
41. Aurora Cordingley (A) - Maryland
39. Hollie Schleicher (D) - Boston College
37. Katie Detwiler (D) - Loyola
36. Hannah Leubecker (A) - Maryland
34. Kasey Choma (M) - Notre Dame
33. Andie Aldave (A/M) - Carolina
31. Belle Smith (M) - Boston College
29. Marge Donovan (D) - Princeton
28. Sydney Watson (M) - UConn
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Final list was released. No surprises with the girls that fell between 1-20. The one girl that was overlooked in my opinion was Carney - perhaps overlooked because of her injury last year.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

If you listen to the IL podcast discussing top 50 it seems like the list was developed form the 3 editors of the magazine & inside women lacrosse
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Lax101 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:37 am Final list was released. No surprises with the girls that fell between 1-20. The one girl that was overlooked in my opinion was Carney - perhaps overlooked because of her injury last year.
Can you shoot out the final list?

Strange that Carney didn't make the list at all (if that's what you're saying).
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:34 pm
If you listen to the IL podcast discussing top 50 it seems like the list was developed from the 3 editors of the magazine & inside women lacrosse
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:52 pm
Lax101 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:37 am Final list was released. No surprises with the girls that fell between 1-20. The one girl that was overlooked in my opinion was Carney - perhaps overlooked because of her injury last year.
Can you shoot out the final list?

Strange that Carney didn't make the list at all (if that's what you're saying).
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... no-1/58653
DMac

Post by DMac »

I agree, Can Opener.
:?:

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”