Transfer Portal

D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxphan20

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by wlaxphan20 »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:33 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:23 pm
laxstan8 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:30 pm Sam Geiersbach from Richmond is also transferring to UNC.
came here to post the same thing, decorated attacker with 1 year remaining, & a lefty too if I am not mistaken
I wonder why? UNC already has a lefty in Sconone (sic?) and that other kid, No. 3, I think. Seems like her chances for big minutes -- like she enjoyed at Spiderland -- are limited. Maybe graduate programs? Wish her all the success in the world. I just don't know that I understand the allure of UNC.
Dunno, a quick search tells me she majored in HR Management at Richmond, and you can really go a lot of directions for a graduate degree with that. She's a LI native, maybe she's got friends on the team? Could just be for depth? They have Wurzburger, Warehime, Sconone, Lantuh, Gentile, and Casey listed as attackers as well as Growney if she takes her 5th year. Gentile and Casey DNP this past season and Lantuh saw limited action. OH, and that no. 3 as well. Lantuh, Casey, and Gentile may have just been beat out by a loaded veteran roster, so who knows? I can see the allure, but I can also see your point. There are plenty of other alluring programs out there! Pitt has been getting some interesting transfers and grad transfers - should be fun to see how they do in their first year. I also wonder how much Clemson will benefit from all the athletes given an extra year from the 2020 season.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:33 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:23 pm
laxstan8 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:30 pm Sam Geiersbach from Richmond is also transferring to UNC.
came here to post the same thing, decorated attacker with 1 year remaining, & a lefty too if I am not mistaken
I wonder why? UNC already has a lefty in Sconone (sic?) and that other kid, No. 3, I think. Seems like her chances for big minutes -- like she enjoyed at Spiderland -- are limited. Maybe graduate programs? Wish her all the success in the world. I just don't know that I understand the allure of UNC.
Possible answers: 1) Richmond has limited graduate programs vs. a larger university like UNC. 2) Chance to play in the ACC. 3) Did you see Richmond play in 2021? Not sure what happened between 20 and 21, since they had largely the same roster back, but yikes.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

LarryGamLax wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:00 pm Yeah, 2 NCs in 25 years. That's as alluring as the Song of the Sirens! RUN!!
Or 2 in the last 8 and 5 straight ACC championships in the undisputed toughest conference in the NCAA. The Tar Heels are still a going concern. Still a serious threat to win next years Tourney along with 2 or 3 other teams.
OuttaNowhereWregget

glaxer24 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:49 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:35 am
glaxer24 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:22 am It’s been confirmed by Dirks via @lacrosse_extras on instagram that she’s headed to UNC
Excellent investigative work there, glaxer!
Hah, wasn’t much investigative work, @lacrosse_extras posted about it (I tried attaching, file was too big) :lol: :lol:
Was there a link to the file?
OuttaNowhereWregget

LarryGamLax wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:00 pm
I'll take the heat...Dumb choice. Graduate programs? Yeah, they only have those at UNC...and they just happened to be in this season's Final Four.
Yeah, 2 NCs in 25 years. That's as alluring as the Song of the Sirens! RUN!!
I'm confused Larry. How does the above jive with the below?
LarryGamLax wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:58 pm I just try to never disrespect a talented player from any Division. There are very talented players who choose their school based on a lot of factors...or just a few. Again, I respect that and I try to show it by going to the games and watching them when I can. I'm about players and not so much about who they play for. Like everyone else I have programs that I cheer for and others I don't, but I still respect the game...at all levels.
--italics mine
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:31 pm
glaxer24 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:49 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:35 am
glaxer24 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:22 am It’s been confirmed by Dirks via @lacrosse_extras on instagram that she’s headed to UNC
Excellent investigative work there, glaxer!
Hah, wasn’t much investigative work, @lacrosse_extras posted about it (I tried attaching, file was too big) :lol: :lol:
Was there a link to the file?
https://www.instagram.com/p/CREiF6prEnJ ... =copy_link
OuttaNowhereWregget

OKAY SAN DIEGO STATE AZTECS!

WOW! I know these aren't stunning players but still--THREE players transferring there? Good for them. I'm sure Ms. Gait is happy about it.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Stony Brook's Bridget Considine transfers to D2 Lindenwood Lions.

wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:18 pm Stony Brook's Bridget Considine transfers to D2 Lindenwood Lions.

Oh dear that's a problem (for the Sunshine State Con., PSAC, UIndy, & SAC). Lindenwood is a DII school with DI money. Their program is well-funded and gunning for that natty.
Bart

Post by Bart »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:29 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:18 pm Stony Brook's Bridget Considine transfers to D2 Lindenwood Lions.

Oh dear that's a problem (for the Sunshine State Con., PSAC, UIndy, & SAC). Lindenwood is a DII school with DI money. Their program is well-funded and gunning for that natty.
Nice pick up by coach Cribbin. He gets his share of D1 transfers. Lindenwoon won the natty this year ........with a bunch of transfers. big contributors from the transfer line were McGuire (JU), Biller (oregon), Arnold (OSU), Dobbins (SU then Edinboro) and Kast (SBU), along with a bunch of talented commits. He likes the BC kids and gets some hammers from the midwest( BIg fast strong kids that run hard, not the most polished but superb athletes that are coached/taught to be good lacrosse players). They were an excellent team this year.

My guess this young lady will replace Gr and Jacksonville transfer McGuire as the QB behind.

As for this being a problem for everyone else, Lindenwood has used transfers for a while. This year is the first time they have all gelled to bring home the bacon. I would not an anoint them just yet we'll see how well they gel and they loose some serious midfield presence. I'd put them at 1 to start, they still have a schload of talent returning.

It will be interesting to see how this D2 experiment continues to play out. You are correct that they have money to spend as do a few other midwest schools, most notably UIndy. Both are also active in the transfer marker (UIndy picked up a 1st team D2 IWLCA AA this year) and treat their athletes well. I think with the COVID year we will continue to see transfers to D2, both grad and undergrad, that may flip the landscaped every year for the near future.

As an aside, I love the fact that Coach Cribbin plays alot of kids. All over, runs many middies and just wears teams down.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Bart wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:30 pm
As for this being a problem for everyone else, Lindenwood has used transfers for a while. This year is the first time they have all gelled to bring home the bacon. I would not an anoint them just yet we'll see how well they gel and they loose some serious midfield presence. I'd put them at 1 to start, they still have a schload of talent returning.

It will be interesting to see how this D2 experiment continues to play out. You are correct that they have money to spend as do a few other midwest schools, most notably UIndy. Both are also active in the transfer marker (UIndy picked up a 1st team D2 IWLCA AA this year) and treat their athletes well. I think with the COVID year we will continue to see transfers to D2, both grad and undergrad, that may flip the landscaped every year for the near future.

As an aside, I love the fact that Coach Cribbin plays alot of kids. All over, runs many middies and just wears teams down.
Those are great points, and I appreciate the insight to Lindenwood's program! Definitely didn't mean to anoint Lindenwood as champs again, and true, they've used transfers for a while. Some of the PSAC & SSC schools get a decent amount of D1 transfers as well, but I can't remember a transfer that was also such a significant contributor on a top 10 D1 program (4th on the team in points this year) - which was my reason for the "trouble" comment. I just pictured the UIndy, PSAC, SSC, etc. coaches seeing this news and groaning and then preparing their battle plans: not the end-all be-all, but doesn't make their lives any easier.

Hopefully this experiment will be good for D2, who in my opinion has never really commanded the same respect as DI or DIII. And hopefully this also shows other programs what can be accomplished if the athletes are treated well.
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:00 pm

Those are great points, and I appreciate the insight to Lindenwood's program! Definitely didn't mean to anoint Lindenwood as champs again, and true, they've used transfers for a while. Some of the PSAC & SSC schools get a decent amount of D1 transfers as well, but I can't remember a transfer that was also such a significant contributor on a top 10 D1 program (4th on the team in points this year) - which was my reason for the "trouble" comment. I just pictured the UIndy, PSAC, SSC, etc. coaches seeing this news and groaning and then preparing their battle plans: not the end-all be-all, but doesn't make their lives any easier.

Hopefully this experiment will be good for D2, who in my opinion has never really commanded the same respect as DI or DIII. And hopefully this also shows other programs what can be accomplished if the athletes are treated well.
“Hopefully this experiment will be good for D2, who in my opinion has never really commanded the same respect as DI or DIII.”

Absolutely!! D2 has never gotten the same respect when it is full of talented, hardworking athletes with a love for the game. Lindenwood is a great team that I’ve watched for a few years now and think 2022 will be another great year for the Lions.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Nah, it is all good. I appreciated the post and I was just joshing you. Ms Considine certainly had a very good back half of the season. Her stats match up much like McGuire's when she transferred from JU. It will be interesting when she becomes the main focus how she reacts, I am thinking she will be fine just have to see how the team gels. She has a really good finisher in Sutton to get the ball to.

As for other schools, I really can't comment on the SSC but in the PSAC, Westchester does get their fair share of D1 transfers. They graduate a bunch of them this year but had a nice one from St Joe's who was a first year last year.

It is going to be an interesting year. I agree, that Lindenwood should be 1 starting out. They will be deep and have two really nice middies between the 30's in Biller and Arnold. They need to replace some talent but I think they have the potential to be very strong up the middle again, with transfers we need to see how they gel. I think Indy will be close behind. They loose a bunch, and I have not seen whom is returning for their COVID do over yet. They do loose a good attacker and defender but return a bunch. They were real young up the middle, except for the d2 POY, and had some kids nicked up but they should be better. IF Romig returns and the transfer works out they may have two 1st team AA's on the same middie line.

The other usual suspect are just reloading as they do every year. LeMoyne is an interesting case as we need to see who is returning for their COVID redo. Aldelphi will be Adelphi, bitten by COVID harshly last year. SSC will be a dog fight. PSAC may be but who knows..........it is an interesting league. The ECC had two to the dance last year, will be interesting to see if they can continue.
Bart

Post by Bart »

glaxer24 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:27 pm

“Hopefully this experiment will be good for D2, who in my opinion has never really commanded the same respect as DI or DIII.”

Absolutely!! D2 has never gotten the same respect when it is full of talented, hardworking athletes with a love for the game. Lindenwood is a great team that I’ve watched for a few years now and think 2022 will be another great year for the Lions.
+1. These kids do the work. There are some extremely talented teams out there. I will note that the difference between the top tier and the bottom tier is vast.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

WOW...I am loving this! I would love to know her reasoning for that move. Now I'm waiting for someone, ANYONE, to say she wasn't that good anyway. That's the typical behavior of the D1 snobs.

BTW, wlaxphan20...didn't Lindenwood already win the D2 National Title in May 2021? :lol: ;)
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:45 pm
WOW...I am loving this! I would love to know her reasoning for that move. Now I'm waiting for someone, ANYONE, to say she wasn't that good anyway. That's the typical behavior of the D1 snobs.

BTW, wlaxphan20...didn't Lindenwood already win the D2 National Title in May 2021? :lol: ;)
They absolutely did, and I apologize to all of Lindenwood and their supporters for my slip up :D :lol: they are gunning for another natty
Bart

Post by Bart »

LarryGamLax wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:45 pm

I'll say it Larry...........she was just not that good AND she played in an afterthought conference. OK, I am absolutely kidding with that.

I was wondering the same thing as to why a kid who started the back half of the season decided to take her talents to MO. I have not a clue but I do hope it is a better fit. Lindenwood is a really nice school.

Either way, it will be interesting to see how she/the Lions do in 2022.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Bart wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:15 am PSAC may be but who knows..........it is an interesting league.
Nothing more true :!:
OuttaNowhereWregget

Well, well—former Hokie Leigh Lingo transfers to The Sunshine State:

https://twitter.com/gatorslax/status/14 ... 68745?s=21
OuttaNowhereWregget

Attacker Sydney Skalstad transfers from Fresno State to Quinnipiac in the MAAC. Significant addition for the Bobcats.

Read all about it: https://twitter.com/qu_wlax/status/1417 ... 07492?s=21

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”