Transfer Portal

D1 Womens Lacrosse
LarryGamLax

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by LarryGamLax »

moonwater21 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:05 pm Dirks -----> UNC.

So what! They've had players as talented or moreso in the past. Her going there is nothing special.
Does anyone know why she left PSU? I laugh at her going to a Final Four team as opposed to really making a BOLD move and going to help a different program get to the Final Four.

Her choice to make, not mine.
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:36 am

So what! They've had players as talented or moreso in the past. Her going there is nothing special.
Does anyone know why she left PSU? I laugh at her going to a Final Four team as opposed to really making a BOLD move and going to help a different program get to the Final Four.

Maybe Carolina had a better master’s program or one that she could get into…than a dif program.
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

Not sure why she left so couldn’t answer that. But hopefully it wasn’t in the hopes that she’s going to start. The whole big fish little pond analogy comes to play she did great things on a Penn State team that wasn’t good. To go to a UNC team that stacked and lost in the final four so not sure what the end game will be there
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:13 am
Cagekeeper wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:34 pm
AreaLax wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:26 pm
Hmm… guess it did not hurt that Levy is the HC of the USA team and Dirks has been at the training camps this summer
Is this confirmed
Not officially. But I think someone knows something on these boards. The leaks on FanLax are fairly reliable. You've got some folks very close to the game on here. As far as Ms. Dirks, her status is quo, for now.

Ok, now Canopener's creepy comment is appropriate
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Dirks has 3 years of eligibility left. A golden opportunity to revisit (with a lot more maturity as well as fist hand experience) a decision she made when she was 15, since she committed prior to the new guidelines. For her and her entire cohort, they get a “do-over” if they so desire. Makes perfect sense to me that she and many others will take this unique opportunity to re-evaluate. Some will go, some will stay, but a silver lining bought to them courtesy of covid 19.
Laxinfordays

Post by Laxinfordays »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:17 pm Dirks has 3 years of eligibility left. A golden opportunity to revisit (with a lot more maturity as well as fist hand experience) a decision she made when she was 15, since she committed prior to the new guidelines. For her and her entire cohort, they get a “do-over” if they so desire. Makes perfect sense to me that she and many others will take this unique opportunity to re-evaluate. Some will go, some will stay, but a silver lining bought to them courtesy of covid 19.
Agreed! Most rising juniors commited very young. My daughter was barely 15. Their wants change over time and they realize it may be better fit somewhere else
OuttaNowhereWregget

The Case for Olivia Dirks

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

In her first full season, which wasn't really full as the Big 10 decided to keep everything in house until the beginning of the Dance, Olivia Dirks racked up impressive stats across the stat line for playing only 13 games. Carolina would certainly gain from Olivia's all around skills--but especially on the draw. Dirks had 24 draw controls vs Northwestern over two games. Not too shabby against a team that made it to Final Four weekend. She also had 22 vs Rutgers over two games. Another Tournament team.

8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Sometimes kids transfer and it's a win/win - the prior coach & teammates are "ok" with the transfer and the transferring kid gets a new start. Sometimes we think that when kid "A" lands at a big name school it was the "dream" location, could be the 1st two on the transfer list didn't work. Sometimes we think that kids commit too early and "picked the wrong school", sometimes the other schools didn't recruit Kid A out of high school. ;)
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

With regards to Dirks...I am hearing "Carolina Blue" unis.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Lax247 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:56 am

Maybe Carolina had a better master’s program or one that she could get into…than a dif program.

Isn't Dirks a Sophomore? Masters Program???... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:37 am
Lax247 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:56 am

Isn't Dirks a Sophomore? Masters Program???... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry you are right, I didn't realise she was that young.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

I had a good friend tell me, this morning, that she thinks the "Covid Season(2020)" gave a lot of student-athletes a chance at a
do-over as far as college selection goes. Many made their verbal commitments when they were young High Schoolers, and now they had time to reassess that decision. 2020 allowed them to do so. And when you think about it, it makes sense.

I still think a lot are Championship Chasing and that does not always work out.
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

It’s been confirmed by Dirks via @lacrosse_extras on instagram that she’s headed to UNC
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

glaxer24 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:22 am It’s been confirmed by Dirks via @lacrosse_extras on instagram that she’s headed to UNC
Excellent investigative work there, glaxer!
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:35 am
glaxer24 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:22 am It’s been confirmed by Dirks via @lacrosse_extras on instagram that she’s headed to UNC
Has been known for a month :lol:
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:35 am
Hah, wasn’t much investigative work, @lacrosse_extras posted about it (I tried attaching, file was too big) :lol: :lol:
laxstan8

Post by laxstan8 »

Sam Geiersbach from Richmond is also transferring to UNC.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

laxstan8 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:30 pm Sam Geiersbach from Richmond is also transferring to UNC.
came here to post the same thing, decorated attacker with 1 year remaining, & a lefty too if I am not mistaken
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:23 pm
laxstan8 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:30 pm Sam Geiersbach from Richmond is also transferring to UNC.
came here to post the same thing, decorated attacker with 1 year remaining, & a lefty too if I am not mistaken
I wonder why? UNC already has a lefty in Sconone (sic?) and that other kid, No. 3, I think. Seems like her chances for big minutes -- like she enjoyed at Spiderland -- are limited. Maybe graduate programs? Wish her all the success in the world. I just don't know that I understand the allure of UNC.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:33 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:23 pm
I wonder why? UNC already has a lefty in Sconone (sic?) and that other kid, No. 3, I think. Seems like her chances for big minutes -- like she enjoyed at Spiderland -- are limited. Maybe graduate programs? Wish her all the success in the world. I just don't know that I understand the allure of UNC.

I'll take the heat...Dumb choice. Graduate programs? Yeah, they only have those at UNC...and they just happened to be in this season's Final Four.
Yeah, 2 NCs in 25 years. That's as alluring as the Song of the Sirens! RUN!!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”