Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

humorous and clever, but not remotely "true".

I continue to think there's an ironic humor in what right wingers think is "true".
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:11 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:06 am
+1 true and funny as hell.
And wait for it...."not funny at all. Just stupid!"

:lol:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:14 am humorous and clever, but not remotely "true".

I continue to think there's an ironic humor in what right wingers think is "true".
And there we go!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:17 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:14 am humorous and clever, but not remotely "true".

And there we go!
Yepper... ;)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:17 am

And there we go!
There we go where?

Seriously, this barrage of stuff you are posting from the Bee is quite dumb in its presentation of arguments...I did think this last one was clever in how it did it.

But to me, the real humor, is that ironically these expose some real dumb thinking by right wingers...exaggerations so far from reality are actually par for the course in right wing media.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Yet you don't complain about Brookie's posts. Or Dis' Or a myriad of others on the opposite side- All the dumb exaggerations from the far left that go unchallenged.

Ironic indeed!
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

The truth depends on your perspective. Many people and you don't have to be a far right winger, are afraid to speak out about anything for fear of exactly what that monster in the cartoon represents. I believe the FLP persecution of any thought process they disagree is becoming more and more common every single day. The fact you think it is only what "right wingers" think is where the irony lives IMO.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:25 am Yet you don't complain about Brookie's posts. Or Dis' Or a myriad of others on the opposite side- All the dumb exaggerations from the far left that go unchallenged.

Ironic indeed!
+1, it is indeed ironic.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:26 am

The truth depends on your perspective. Many people and you don't have to be a far right winger, are afraid to speak out about anything for fear of exactly what that monster in the cartoon represents. I believe the FLP persecution of any thought process they disagree is becoming more and more common every single day. The fact you think it is only what "right wingers" think is where the irony lives IMO.
I 'got' the joke of The Quiet Place. Clever.

And I also agree that there's way too much harsh critique of others' views and words from those on the left, rather than real engagement. Sure. But amazingly hypocritical coming from the right wing media (and yes, Bee is part of that)...and doing this sort of thing by gross exaggerations seems to me to be exactly what's wrong with discourse.

When you grossly exaggerate, and people think it's "true", you're actually reinforcing the stupidity and polarization. and yeah, right wingers these days believe many, many whoppers that bear little resemblance to truth.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:25 am Yet you don't complain about Brookie's posts. Or Dis' Or a myriad of others on the opposite side- All the dumb exaggerations from the far left that go unchallenged.

Ironic indeed!
Actually I have. You just think I don't.
Because admitting that I do blows up the right wing sort of narrative that you've bought into.

Heck, I did earlier today on the Regulation thread.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:31 am

And I also agree that there's way too much harsh critique of others' views and words from those on the left, rather than real engagement. Sure. But amazingly hypocritical coming from the right wing media (and yes, Bee is part of that)...and doing this sort of thing by gross exaggerations seems to me to be exactly what's wrong with discourse.

When you grossly exaggerate, and people think it's "true", you're actually reinforcing the stupidity and polarization. and yeah, right wingers these days believe many, many whoppers that bear little resemblance to truth.
So if I criticize spending trillions of dollars on FLP crapshoot to save the planet all you folks mock and ridicule. You want to talk about a whopper of a lie. You want a dose of honesty.. nobody knows how to save the planet. You told me you were not a gambler.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:54 pm

So if I criticize spending trillions of dollars on FLP crapshoot to save the planet all you folks mock and ridicule. You want to talk about a whopper of a lie. You want a dose of honesty.. nobody knows how to save the planet. You told me you were not a gambler.
Which whopper is that, cradle, the one where 98+% of scientists agree that global warming has accelerated due to man-made inputs that could be addressed by man? That's what constitutes a lie in your universe?

Or the one that treats "Earth" as if she's some sentient creature that will heal herself (or destroy herself) no matter what man does, thus man has no responsibility?

Yeah, we do have a pretty good idea of what we're doing that impacts negatively and we do have a pretty good idea of what we could do differently if we're willing to make the trade-offs...

The debate for me, therefore, is over the trade-offs not the underlying realities.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:02 pm

Which whopper is that, cradle, the one where 98+% of scientists agree that global warming has accelerated due to man-made inputs that could be addressed by man? That's what constitutes a lie in your universe?

Or the one that treats "Earth" as if she's some sentient creature that will heal herself (or destroy herself) no matter what man does, thus man has no responsibility?

Yeah, we do have a pretty good idea of what we're doing that impacts negatively and w noe do have a pretty good idea of what we could do differently if we're willing to make the trade-offs...

The debate for me, therefore, is over the trade-offs not the underlying realities.
You really don't get it MD. The discussion is not about if the planet is getting warmer. I have only expressed my concerns about what the solution is about a thousand times. Neither you nor I or any other person in the world knows how to save the planet. Forgive me if I am putting words your mouth but can you explain the mechanism to me that reverses climate change? Trick question, you can't explain it because no scientist on this planet can explain it. What the consensus is that if CO2 levels in the atmosphere can be manipulated by to a certain level planet earth will become happy again and do what you folks want it to do. Your not a gambler but your willing to bet trillions of dollars of other people's money to save the planet. I don't trust you or your FLP environmental freak circus advising me on how to save the planet. If your so inclined, break out your check book and give until it hurts.

For snips and giggles I will say this to you knowing you are a successful business owner. Two scenarios, would you invest 10 million in your business with no logical idea about what the ROI would be? In poker that is called night baseball, the foolishness of betting on a blind hand. Would you have any problem if the 10 million dollars being invested was taxpayer money and win, lose or draw there was no financial risk to you?
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:56 pm

Yeah, we do have a pretty good idea of what we're doing that impacts negatively and w noe do have a pretty good idea of what we could do differently if we're willing to make the trade-offs...

You really don't get it MD. The discussion is not about if the planet is getting warmer. I have only expressed my concerns about what the solution is about a thousand times. Neither you nor I or any other person in the world knows how to save the planet. Forgive me if I am putting words your mouth but can you explain the mechanism to me that reverses climate change? Trick question, you can't explain it because no scientist on this planet can explain it. What the consensus is that if CO2 levels in the atmosphere can be manipulated by to a certain level planet earth will become happy again and do what you folks want it to do. Your not a gambler but your willing to bet trillions of dollars of other people's money to save the planet. I don't trust you or your FLP environmental freak circus advising me on how to save the planet. If your so inclined, break out your check book and give until it hurts.

For snips and giggles I will say this to you knowing you are a successful business owner. Two scenarios, would you invest 10 million in your business with no logical idea about what the ROI would be? In poker that is called night baseball, the foolishness of betting on a blind hand. Would you have any problem if the 10 million dollars being invested was taxpayer money and win, lose or draw there was no financial risk to you?
Its not about “saving the planet”. Saving the people is closer but the reality is the economic cost of climate change is the biggest issue. People will adapt and the planet will adapt but it will be quite costly and quite disruptive if not managed at all.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

121F in BC the other day.

Hottest day ever in Canada.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:35 pm 121F in BC the other day.

Hottest day ever in Canada.
We had nothing to do with that…..Al Gore just trying to make some money.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:26 pm

Its not about “saving the planet”. Saving the people is closer but the reality is the economic cost of climate change is the biggest issue. People will adapt and the planet will adapt but it will be quite costly and quite disruptive if not managed at all.
Damned if you do damned if you don't. The pricetag for doing something is I don't know how many trillions of dollars, with no guarantees anything will work. It has concerned that some of the most popular fixes just happen to dovetail nicely with their personal agendas.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:34 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:26 pm

Damned if you do damned if you don't. The pricetag for doing something is I don't know how many trillions of dollars, with no guarantees anything will work. It has concerned that some of the most popular fixes just happen to dovetail nicely with their personal agendas.
Price of doing something 25 years ago would have been less….but Al Gore ain’t getting rich off of you! Don’t service your car…just wait 10 years and then do it….don’t let them mechanics get in your pocket.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

It would also be nice if China would comply.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:58 pm It would also be nice if China would comply.
It would be.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”