Transfer Portal 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: Transfer Portal 2022

Post by DMac »

"Immense talent" is a real stretch, blue angels.
Have you watched this kid play much? There are plenty and plenty and plenty and plenty of players who are of equal, and far better, talent than this guy. Anyone who touches this kid at this point is a fool, and he's definitely not the answer for elevating one's team to the next level. JFTR, I thought this kid was highly overrated long before his legal troubles entered the picture.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

blue angels wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:51 am
InsiderRoll wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:10 pm
flyerfan17 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:13 pm Late to the party but how many schools never mind lacrosse programs are going to be admitting Scanlan right now ?
I’m not sure he’s been convicted of anything yet so I don’t think he has to disclose that and legally an admissions department may not be allowed to view that part of his “resume”. If he’s convicted or pleads guilty to a charge that may not be the case.
Maybe, but every college coach in the game knows what occurred at Loyola and at Cuse and has to evaluate the risk of adding his immense talent to the roster. Even for teams, where Scanlan fills a screaming need, there will be huge concerns. I have no idea who will roll the dice but that will be what happens if he finds a spot.......
I would agree, I was referencing the “never mind lacrosse” part.
Powellfan22

Post by Powellfan22 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:58 am
flyerfan17 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:13 pm Late to the party but how many schools never mind lacrosse programs are going to be admitting Scanlan right now ?
I’m not sure he’s been convicted of anything yet so I don’t think he has to disclose that and legally an admissions department may not be allowed to view that part of his “resume”. If he’s convicted or pleads guilty to a charge that may not be the case.
Maybe, but every college coach in the game knows what occurred at Loyola and at Cuse and has to evaluate the risk of adding his immense talent to the roster. Even for teams, where Scanlan fills a screaming need, there will be huge concerns. I have no idea who will roll the dice but that will be what happens if he finds a spot.......
HPU to replace nolting. The school is as much an amusement park as a place for higher ed
Nolting declared he is coming back to High Point for his fifth year.

https://t.co/eOtPKsmHrV
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

DMac wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:14 am "Immense talent" is a real stretch, blue angels.
Have you watched this kid play much? There are plenty and plenty and plenty and plenty of players who are of equal, and far better, talent than this guy. Anyone who touches this kid at this point is a fool, and he's definitely not the answer for elevating one's team to the next level. JFTR, I thought this kid was highly overrated long before his legal troubles entered the picture.
Ok and maybe things have fallen off for him and fine for you to have another opinion.......BUT, see his BIO below from the Cuse site. I think my point about his talent is reasonable. It's the other stuff that is toxic...: I don't know, but Is there any other offensive player in the portal with more awards and honors?

Awards and Honors:
Inside Lacrosse Honorable Mention All-American (2020)
USILA Second Team All-American (2019)
Inside Lacrosse Second Team All-American (2019)
Tewaaraton Award Watch List (2020)
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Nolting has another season
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

DMac wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:14 am "Immense talent" is a real stretch, blue angels.
If Syracuse had Pat Spencer feeding him, you might have liked his 2021 stats better.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Exactly. Very lazy player who isn't beating anyone 1v1 but sure likes to hang out in front of that crease to get fed.
A very highly overrated player, IMO (and I watched him quite a bit).
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

HPU to replace nolting. The school is as much an amusement park as a place for higher ed
Asher Nolting is coming back to HP. But as much as I hate to criticize an educational institution, I have to agree with your assessment of High Point. For the last 20 years it’s been run by a Motivational Speaker/writer who makes $3mill/year convincing rich parents to send their kids to High Point for free car washes and on-campus student steak houses. Meanwhile they’ve only got a $250 million endowment while spending close to a billion on on-campus amenities. Not a great plan for long-term sustainability IMO.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:48 am Exactly. Very lazy player who isn't beating anyone 1v1 but sure likes to hang out in front of that crease to get fed.
Jameison spent a lot of time “hanging around the hoop” too IMO
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

InsiderRoll wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:16 am
I would agree, I was referencing the “never mind lacrosse” part.
Forget the lacrosse, the hope is that he finds a place where he can become a better guy, and if the lacrosse works and can be part of that all the better.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

DMac wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:48 am Exactly. Very lazy player who isn't beating anyone 1v1 but sure likes to hang out in front of that crease to get fed.
Ok, that all could be true but if he wasn't really talented, why did you all give him the legendary 22?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

blue angels wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:18 pm
Ok, that all could be true but if he wasn't really talented, why did you all give him the legendary 22?
Perhaps another reason why the former staff was retired.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Wait what? Please explain, since you claim to be much smarter than others here.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

keno in reno wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:09 pm
No thanks. Clearly you’re looking to pick a fight or some other agenda. See Henpecked above.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:39 pm
No thanks. Clearly you’re looking to pick a fight or some other agenda. See Henpecked above.
Nope. I actually enjoyed your opinion months ago, but you seem to have grown into one of those anonymous internet message board tuffguys.

And now you appear to be saying that because High Point has a real nice campus, that they'll take a guy accused of domestic assault among other things. Do I have that wrong or are you backtracking on that because you got called out on it?
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

A emphasis on free car washes and steaks over academics might leave students uninformed, but up the road, not only hiring, but insisting on granting tenure to, a total fraud will leave students misinformed.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
10 10 2

Post by 10 10 2 »

Yeah whatever opinion people have about High Point as a school is irrelevant here. I really do not think Torpey (or anyone else) will go after Scanlan.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

keno in reno wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:58 pm
Nope. I actually enjoyed your opinion months ago, but you seem to have grown into one of those anonymous internet message board tuffguys.

And now you appear to be saying that because High Point has a real nice campus, that they'll take a guy accused of domestic assault among other things. Do I have that wrong or are you backtracking on that because you got called out on it?
Not backtracking I’m tired of people just talking garbage including “smartest guy in the room” or “tough guy” as opposed to making an argument or counterpoint. It’s stupid and tiring. Enjoy patting yourself in the back. I never said anything about the school being bad because the campus is nice and you are interpreting this with a bias and I’m over that. Miss LP but so be it.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

And you wonder why so few of the Greyhound faithful were wringing their hands over him leaving.

Helluva complement to Spencer on that wing spot. He did a nice job getting his hands free and getting a step on his man...when the entire defense was looking at Pat. He just didn't create much on his own.

Aside from locker room discontent.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:00 pm
keno in reno wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:58 pm

Not backtracking I’m tired of people just talking garbage including “smartest guy in the room” or “tough guy” as opposed to making an argument or counterpoint. It’s stupid and tiring. Enjoy patting yourself in the back. I never said anything about the school being bad because the campus is nice and you are interpreting this with a bias and I’m over that. Miss LP but so be it.
Ok. You just called every Big Ten fan here a moron. Now you're the victim. And then you make this High Point amusement park statement like that is some sort of actual intellectual argument and I can't interpret this correctly?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”