Transfer Portal 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jrn19

Re: Transfer Portal 2022

Post by jrn19 »

nyjay wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:01 am So I guess we can all agree that Georgetown is here to stay for a while.
Don’t think that’s been in question for awhile. Question is whether they can take the next step to the VA/MD level that they obviously weren’t ready to in the Quarterfinal
cuseman4133

Post by cuseman4133 »

10stone5 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:18 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:51 pm
oldbartman wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:44 pm According to I, Chase Scanlan has entered the transfer portal!!!! Who TF is going to take on that risk?

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... rtal/58155
Maybe Syracuse?
Along with Tehoka Nanticoke.
Only team I can think of is Limestone. And that's it.
118:24 #HHH
KingPrat

Post by KingPrat »

FMUBart wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:54 am Would not be surprised to see Scanlan land at Albany...Marr sees himself as someone who relates to the Native players, except Nanticoke, that is :roll:
Not for nothing, but any coach who entertains taking Scanlan on their roster shouldn't be coaching.

Regardless of Marr's success with native players, that situation goes beyond the sport and you'd be crazy to take him onto your roster. Long record of harassment and abuse doesn't magically change with a change of scenery. I doubt he lands on a D1 roster, and would be surprised if he's picked up at any level, regardless of talent.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

KingPrat wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:06 pm
FMUBart wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:54 am Would not be surprised to see Scanlan land at Albany...Marr sees himself as someone who relates to the Native players, except Nanticoke, that is :roll:
Not for nothing, but any coach who entertains taking Scanlan on their roster shouldn't be coaching.

Regardless of Marr's success with native players, that situation goes beyond the sport and you'd be crazy to take him onto your roster. Long record of harassment and abuse doesn't magically change with a change of scenery. I doubt he lands on a D1 roster, and would be surprised if he's picked up at any level, regardless of talent.
I’d completely agree with you, but someone will give him another chance. Unfortunately, Domestic abuse is often overlooked in athletics.
KingPrat

Post by KingPrat »

InsiderRoll wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:08 pm
KingPrat wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:06 pm

I’d completely agree with you, but someone will give him another chance. Unfortunately, Domestic abuse is often overlooked in athletics.
Unfortunately, you're 100% correct.
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

I think Scanlan and Tehoka should go sell themselves to college coaches as a package deal. "Coach, do you think your locker room culture isn't what you want? Well, bring us on. We'll blow it the heck up and change it forever!"

No one should touch those guys with a 1000 foot pole.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

jrn19 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:43 am
nyjay wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:01 am So I guess we can all agree that Georgetown is here to stay for a while.
Don’t think that’s been in question for awhile. Question is whether they can take the next step to the VA/MD level that they obviously weren’t ready to in the Quarterfinal
Before this last season, I would have put them a step below the ACCs and the best B1Gs. And I would have said they were just slightly behind Denver in the Big East. At this point, and the loss to UVa notwithstanding, they're looking like they have the makings of a perennial top 5-10 kind of team. And the favorite in the Big East. So yeah, next step is are they going to end up in the final four regularly now? I wouldn't bet against it.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

I think we should be careful about equating the two. Scanlan was arrested and accused of committing a serious crime, among other things. Nanticoke by several accounts was a bad teammate and a toxic locker room presence—but to my knowledge he did not do anything that comes close to rising to the level of some of the things Scanlan allegedly did. One may get another chance at another program. I doubt the other will.

To bring it back to the portal, here is the current count of most incoming transfers, with the caveat that some programs are losing more than others and thus have more spots to fill:

6: Rutgers
4: Maryland, Notre Dame, Villanova
3: Georgetown
2: Duke, Ohio State, Hofstra, Wagner
1: Lots

Maryland likely to get to at least 5 as they still need a FOGO.

Still some relatively big names out there: Madronic (for '23), Coll, Knox, Zinn, Calderone, Mack, Buckanavage, Alexander, Mitchell, Dobson, Dolan, Sillah, Rock, Tygh
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:29 pm I think we should be careful about equating the two. Scanlan was arrested and accused of committing a serious crime, among other things. Nanticoke by several accounts was a bad teammate and a toxic locker room presence—but to my knowledge he did not do anything that comes close to rising to the level of some of the things Scanlan allegedly did. One may get another chance at another program. I doubt the other will.

To bring it back to the portal, here is the current count of most incoming transfers, with the caveat that some programs are losing more than others and thus have more spots to fill:

Still some relatively big names out there: Madronic (for '23), Coll, Knox, Zinn, Calderone, Mack, Buckanavage, Alexander, Mitchell, Dobson, Dolan, Sillah, Rock, Tygh
I'd put Blanchard on the list as well.
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

Ignore
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:29 pm I think we should be careful about equating the two. Scanlan was arrested and accused of committing a serious crime, among other things. Nanticoke by several accounts was a bad teammate and a toxic locker room presence—but to my knowledge he did not do anything that comes close to rising to the level of some of the things Scanlan allegedly did. One may get another chance at another program. I doubt the other will.

Shouldn’t this be a net count? Some of these programs are losing as many or more than they are bringing in.For example, Maryland has 6 players in the portal and 4 transferring in. That’s a net -2.

Correction for reading comprehension. I just saw that you made that point midway through your post.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

It is even more complicated than a simple net, because there is timing to consider.
If a coach brings in a transfer and lets me know I have been pushed down on the depth chart, and welcomes me to try the portal, that is a net 0, even though the coach was the 'aggressor' on the portal.

You can replace 'aggressor' with first-mover or initiator for a more neutral term.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

oldbartman wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:00 pm
I'd put Blanchard on the list as well.
At this point I'm just assuming he's going to Maryland.
Chousnake wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:14 pm Shouldn’t this be a net count? Some of these programs are losing as many or more than they are bringing in.For example, Maryland has 6 players in the portal and 4 transferring in. That’s a net -2.

Correction for reading comprehension. I just saw that you made that point midway through your post.
Agreed but ideally you'd also include the size of each incoming freshman class, as well as how many seniors are returning for 5th years, to get a truly accurate understanding of how every team is impacted by the portal. Too much work for me today—maybe next week.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Chousnake wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:14 pm Shouldn’t this be a net count? Some of these programs are losing as many or more than they are bringing in
There is losing players and then there is losing players. If a team is losing players because they were never going to see the field - portal recruits or not - that is different than a star player leaving for what he perceives to be a better opportunity. At least I think it is different.

If you are losing three guys who were not going to play anyway and then picking up a guaranteed starter - that is still a "net +1" in my book.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

Late to the party but how many schools never mind lacrosse programs are going to be admitting Scanlan right now ?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

flyerfan17 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:13 pm Late to the party but how many schools never mind lacrosse programs are going to be admitting Scanlan right now ?
It has happened before.
“I wish you would!”
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

flyerfan17 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:13 pm Late to the party but how many schools never mind lacrosse programs are going to be admitting Scanlan right now ?
I’m not sure he’s been convicted of anything yet so I don’t think he has to disclose that and legally an admissions department may not be allowed to view that part of his “resume”. If he’s convicted or pleads guilty to a charge that may not be the case.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Transfers @ 07-02-2021

Air Force - Sean Curcio (M)*** -> Drexel
Albany - Kyle Casey (A)**-> Pace (D2), Matt Eccles (M)**, Tehoka Nanticoke (A)
Binghamton - Tom Galgano (D)**->Adelphi,Teddy Dolan (G)*
Bellarmine - Chase Fairbanks (D)-> Monmouth
Boston U. - Michael Doxie (M)**
Bryant: Mason Balch (A), Ryan Auger (M), Mitch Lachman (A)
Brown - George Pike (M)*, Riley Stewart (M)**, Finn Gibbons (A)**
Bucknell - Matt Fedorjaka (M)** - > Notre Dame, Tommy Sopko (A)**, Sumner Brumbaugh (A)**, Bryant Boswell (D)**
Canisius - Otto Bergmann (G)
Cleveland State - Kevin Sobey (G)
Colgate - Mike Hawkins, (A/M)** -> Notre Dame, James Caddigan (A)**, Thor Adamec (LSM)*, Will Sidari (D)*, Ryan Decker (M)**,
Cornell - Jonathan Donville (M)** -> Maryland, Harrison Bardwell (SSDM)**, Matt Licciardi (M)**
Dartmouth - Peter Rizzotti (LSM), Danny Hincks (G)*, Kellen Paradine (D)**, Westy McLaughlin (A)
Delaware - Peter St. Geme (M)
Detroit Mercy: Logan Shamblin (G)**
Drexel - Kyle DeCrispino (A) -> Mount St. Mary's, Aidan Coll (A)**, Brennan Greenwald (LSM)*
Duke - JP Basile (A)**-> Villanova
Georgetown - Gavin Lindsay (SSDM)**
Hartford - 10+ Players, Ian Groom (FO) ->Hampton, Zak Lanoue (M)->Bryant, Malik Gay (M) -> UMBC
Harvard - Austin Madronic (A)*
Hobart: Drew Blanchard (FO)**, Jason Knox (A)
Hofstra - Ben Stewart (M) -> Wagner
Holy Cross - Peter Dobbs (G)*
Jacksonville - Colby Rogers (FO)
Johns Hopkins - Owen Murphy (A)-> Maryland, Brett Baskin (A/M)** -> Villanova, Luke Shilling (A)**, John Cohen (A), John Schreiber (M), Kaden Brothers (D), Jacob Brunner (M), Evan Zinn** (M, 2yrs)
Lafayette - Noah Mendoza (D)
Lehigh - Matt Douglas (LSM/D)** —> Notre Dame
Marist - Jake Weinman (A)**, Jack Zukowski (SSDM)** -> Duke
Marquette - John Hulsman (G)**-> Florida Tech (DII)
Maryland- Connor Whalen (LSM), Dean Draughan (M), Kyle Berkeley (M)**-> Towson, Conor Calderone (FO), Nick DeMaio (A), Chris Brandau (G)
Mercer - Collin Stewart (M)
Michigan - Kevin Mack (A)**, Alex Buckanavage (M)**, Joey Corbett (M)
Monmouth: Chris Hervada (D)** -> Villanova, Dom Pizzulli (A)**
Mount St. Mary's - Luke Frankeny (A)**->Richmond, Bryan McIntosh (D)** -> Hofstra, Sam Stephen (FO)**-> Rutgers
Navy - Tyler Cordes (M) *** -> Syracuse
North Carolina - Will Bowen (D)** -> Georgetown, Caton Johnson (G)-> Ohio State, Luke Millican (G)**, Alex Trippi **(A) - > Georgetown, Parker Alexander (SSDM)**, Brian Cameron (A) -> Rutgers, Jack Pezzulla (G)**
Notre Dame: Michael Drake (A/M)**, Matt Schmidt (G)**; Connor Morin (A)** -> Georgetown, Jimmy Littlefield (D)**
Ohio State - Gerard Kane (A) -> Hofstra, Drew Elder (FO) -> Tampa (DII), Grant Mitchell (M), Michael Clibanoff (G), Matthew Clibanoff (A), Henry Watson (D), Logan Santos (M), Drew Scott (M)
Penn - Mitch Bartolo (A/M)**-> Rutgers, Sean Lulley (A)**->Duke
Penn State - Cole Willard (M)** -> Tampa (DII), John Nostrant (M)**
Providence - Toby Burgdorf (G)** -> Rutgers, Emmett Jennings (D)**
Richmond - Jax Popovich (FO) -> Boston U., Jason Reynolds (D)** —> Notre Dame, Tate Gallagher (M)**
Robert Morris - Michael Autry (FO)**
Rutgers - Max Beauchamp (M)
Sacred Heart: Logan Liljeberg (A)**—>UMass
St. Bonaventure - Brett Dobson (G)**
St. John’s - Dylan Willis (M) -> (Withdrawn on 5/4)
Stony Brook - Daniel Cassidy (D)**->Wagner, Layton Harrell (A), Tommy Dolciotto (M), Zach Thompson (A), Steven Pinto (M), Kyle Hebert (G)**, Devin O’Leary **(LSM/D)
Syracuse - Zach Lee (D), JT Stirpe (A), Nathan McPeak (G)**, Luke Talago (FO), Chase Scanlan (A)
Towson - Casey Wasserman (M)->Utah, Mo Sillah (LSM)*
UMass - Luke Blanc (A)->Marquette , Tyler Strub (D)
UMBC - Ryan Young (D)
Villanova - Keegan Khan (A)** -> Maryland, Owen PrybylskI (D)** -> Maryland, Dan Fisher (FO)**, Stevie Peters (M)**, Brendan Haggerty (G)**
Virginia - Will Rock (LSM)**, Regan Quinn (M)**, Russell Maher (A/M), Gavin Tygh (FO), Jackson Appelt (A)**, Michael Harmeyer (A)
VMI - Jon Fant (A)** -> St. Joe’s
Vermont: Connor Boyle (M)
Yale - Nick Caccamo (D) -> Syracuse

Division 2/3
Amherst (D3) - Gib Versfeld (G)** -> Johns Hopkins, Ethan Kazmierski (M)**
Franklin & Marshall (D3) - Luke Keating (A)**->Villanova
Gettysburg (D3) - Andrew Horn (D)**
Lynchburg (D3) - Tyler Gallagher (D)** ->Ohio State
Mercyhurst (D2) - Caleb Kueber (A)**, John Pipher (A)**, Nathan Grenon (M)**
Salisbury (D3) - Brad Apgar (D)**-> Rutgers, Griffin Moroney (A)**
Stevens Tech (D3) - Ryan Gebhardt (A/M)**
SUNY-Maritime (D3) - Matt DeMeo (M)! -> Stony Brook
Tufts (D3) - Max Waldbaum (A)** -> Jacksonville
Ursinus (D3) - Hakan Atillasoy (A)**
Wesleyan (D3) - Ronan Jacoby (A)** -> Rutgers
York (D3) - Brendan O'Sullivan (A)**

* in the portal for the future 2023
** grad transfer
*** transfer from Military Prep
! For future 2022

BOLD most recent
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

InsiderRoll wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:10 pm
I’m not sure he’s been convicted of anything yet so I don’t think he has to disclose that and legally an admissions department may not be allowed to view that part of his “resume”. If he’s convicted or pleads guilty to a charge that may not be the case.
Maybe, but every college coach in the game knows what occurred at Loyola and at Cuse and has to evaluate the risk of adding his immense talent to the roster. Even for teams, where Scanlan fills a screaming need, there will be huge concerns. I have no idea who will roll the dice but that will be what happens if he finds a spot.......
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

blue angels wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:51 am
InsiderRoll wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:10 pm
Maybe, but every college coach in the game knows what occurred at Loyola and at Cuse and has to evaluate the risk of adding his immense talent to the roster. Even for teams, where Scanlan fills a screaming need, there will be huge concerns. I have no idea who will roll the dice but that will be what happens if he finds a spot.......
HPU to replace nolting. The school is as much an amusement park as a place for higher ed
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”