Most Ridiculous Posts Hall of Fame

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Matnum PI

Re: Most Ridiculous Posts Hall of Fame

Post by Matnum PI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:00 pmAhhh, it's still a humorous jab.

The "beautiful game" needs to fully understood in order to be fully appreciated. Most Americans, even now, don't understand the game well enough to actually 'get it'. But more and more are.
for sure it's funny.

I love the game. For many of the same reasons that I love(d) lacrosse. And, many of the reasons why i love the game are antithetical to "american sports" like football, basketball, and baseball.
- i love the free flowing nature of the game. as a boy, I just wanted a big field, the bigger the better, a ball to fight over, and... to run. when we were kids, when there was no such thing as a LSM, that's what a middy did. Today, obviously it's different in our sport but, in soccer, it hasn't changed. Just run. win the ball and run...
- i love that there are no time-outs. i just want to run. and i want you to walk. :) especially if it's hot out.
- i love that it's a players game. There really aren't coaches. Most teams call them "trainers" because they train the players, prepare the players for the game and then, come game time, besides setting the line-up and making substitutions, the coaches sit on their hands. more or less.)
- i like that it's low scoring. I like 2-1. 1-0. Makes every goal more meaningful. (like many americans, many people, I don't love ties but... It happens. And it's ok. Though I do like ties more than Penalty Kicks. I get that somebody has to win but... This is not the way. the way i do it in my youth soccer league crushes PKs. :) )
- Towards the top as a player, but certainly above everything as a fan, is that it's truly a world sport. I love that everyone in the world, with few exceptions, plays this game. Many americans don't appreciate what it means for a sport to be a world sport. (The Lax World Games are not "World Games". Hockey World Games are not World Games. Basketball is getting closer but still not even close.) I love that it's a world game. Americans get a taste of this during the Olympics. But even then, it doesn't compare. Remember the Dream Team? Imagine *that* except every country on earth had a Dream Team. Not a basketball team but a team full of legends that were legitimately as good as if not better than Magic, Air, Bird, etc. That's the World Cup. That's what's happening right now in the Euros. i love it.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:36 pm...No college soccer coach is recruiting a 16 year old based on his play against 14-15 year olds.
When we were kids, the soccer teams were your birth year. e.g. West End '67s or Plainesville '74s. Even now, when I see U-15, I get a little confused.
With a '68 Tourney, there's never any confusion about the ages of the kids playing. there'd be a big kid who was dominating and you'd say, Wow instead of, How old is he?!
Caddy Day
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:25 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:08 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:57 pm Watching the end of UEFA 2020 England versus Germany, white and black players hugging or crying together. Just wonderful, inspiring sights.

That’s real life. Racism isn’t this universal, omnipresent cancer that infects every soul like liberals want you to think.

Sport should remind you that the world is so much nicer than what race hustlers are trying to sell you. Ignore them and I stead watch the end if this game to see west it’s really like.
Definitely a classic.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/08/football ... index.html
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:52 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:36 pm...No college soccer coach is recruiting a 16 year old based on his play against 14-15 year olds.
When we were kids, the soccer teams were your birth year. e.g. West End '67s or Plainesville '74s. Even now, when I see U-15, I get a little confused.
With a '68 Tourney, there's never any confusion about the ages of the kids playing. there'd be a big kid who was dominating and you'd say, Wow instead of, How old is he?!
Yes. At some point, US Soccer had a 8/31 cut off but every age was a 12 month bracket. This was to mirror most school cut offs. We went to birth year when academy system launched in part to differentiate it self from non academy clubs. Even in England, youth clubs were on a 8/31 cutoff for some time.
“I wish you would!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

The racism in Italian Soccer (Italy) has been awful for a long time. Lukaku plays for Inter, an Italian team. Many a black player has played in Italy (and, to be fair, numerous other nations) and just left. Terrible racism. Mix in social media and... Forget it. For black players from countries with limited racism (e.g. Ghana, Nigeria, Liberia, etc.), the culture shock is pretty extreme. It's awful. To call it anything but awful is, at best, naïve, at worst, evil.
Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:22 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:25 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:08 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:57 pm Watching the end of UEFA 2020 England versus Germany, white and black players hugging or crying together. Just wonderful, inspiring sights.

That’s real life. Racism isn’t this universal, omnipresent cancer that infects every soul like liberals want you to think.

Sport should remind you that the world is so much nicer than what race hustlers are trying to sell you. Ignore them and I stead watch the end if this game to see west it’s really like.
Definitely a classic.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/08/football ... index.html
Bandito says otherwise. The problem is with the people that bring it up. Better to look past it and move on. Particularly if you happen to be well off…. you have nothing to complain about because you got yours…
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:44 pm
The racism in Italian Soccer (Italy) has been awful for a long time. Lukaku plays for Inter, an Italian team. Many a black player has played in Italy (and, to be fair, numerous other nations) and just left. Terrible racism. Mix in social media and... Forget it. For black players from countries with limited racism (e.g. Ghana, Nigeria, Liberia, etc.), the culture shock is pretty extreme. It's awful. To call it anything but awful is, at best, naïve, at worst, evil.
Wait: what about the Inter-racial hugs after goals? Doesn’t that make it OK?
Typical Lax Dad

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:44 pm
“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:40 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:39 pm Image

Stolen:
If I wanted to watch people struggle to score for 90 minutes I woulda taken my friends to the bar.
You don’t understand the game….teams struggle to keep a clean sheet for 90 minutes.
I have often wondered what fans would say if american football changed the score to 1 point for a TD and eliminated the PAT and FG from scoring. Suddenly the game is "boring" due to low final scores?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

CU88 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:02 pm

Stolen:
If I wanted to watch people struggle to score for 90 minutes I woulda taken my friends to the bar.
You don’t understand the game….teams struggle to keep a clean sheet for 90 minutes.
I have often wondered what fans would say if american football changed the score to 1 point for a TD and eliminated the PAT and FG from scoring. Suddenly the game is "boring" due to low final scores?
Any hockey fans here?
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:44 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:07 pmSo where is the same concern for the the extremist far left posts that attempt to dehumanize and demonize half of Americans and contribute nothing to the community?
This first post (below) inducted into the Ridiculous Posts Hall of Fame wasn't inducted out of concern. It was inducted out of appreciation. It's a truly impressive piece.
Peter Brown wrote:
Watching the end of UEFA 2020 England versus Germany, white and black players hugging or crying together. Just wonderful, inspiring sights.
If you know anything about World Soccer and why FIFA created their campaign to combat racism, it's hard to not appreciate the jaw-dropping beauty of this post. Like all good art, it's seemingly birthed from the divine comedy of Dante.
Fixed it for you
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:32 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:18 pmNever been happier to be the one poster here that detests the game of kickball.
I doubt that you're the one post-er...
Difference is you don’t also hate the world like some.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Tommy No wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:33 pm Image
I don’t disagree but I can’t take that hairstyle seriously.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Stolen:
Lacrosse is turning into euro trash soccer with all the falling down and fake headsnaps to draw flags.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:54 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:37 pm...I have to add the US women actually give respect to to game. If anyone can make the game interesting they do.
Why's that? because they're American and they've won on the biggest stages?
Because a chick once tore her shirt off in celebration and he doesn’t see that much anymore.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:32 pm

Stolen:
Any hockey fans here?
I am, I will even admit to being a Sabres fan. It takes a bit of masochism to admit that. The Sabres change head coaches like some of us change our underwear.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:47 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:00 pmAhhh, it's still a humorous jab.

The "beautiful game" needs to fully understood in order to be fully appreciated. Most Americans, even now, don't understand the game well enough to actually 'get it'. But more and more are.
for sure it's funny.

I love the game. For many of the same reasons that I love(d) lacrosse. And, many of the reasons why i love the game are antithetical to "american sports" like football, basketball, and baseball.
- i love the free flowing nature of the game. as a boy, I just wanted a big field, the bigger the better, a ball to fight over, and... to run. when we were kids, when there was no such thing as a LSM, that's what a middy did. Today, obviously it's different in our sport but, in soccer, it hasn't changed. Just run. win the ball and run...
- i love that there are no time-outs. i just want to run. and i want you to walk. :) especially if it's hot out.
- i love that it's a players game. There really aren't coaches. Most teams call them "trainers" because they train the players, prepare the players for the game and then, come game time, besides setting the line-up and making substitutions, the coaches sit on their hands. more or less.)
- i like that it's low scoring. I like 2-1. 1-0. Makes every goal more meaningful. (like many americans, many people, I don't love ties but... It happens. And it's ok. Though I do like ties more than Penalty Kicks. I get that somebody has to win but... This is not the way. the way i do it in my youth soccer league crushes PKs. :) )
- Towards the top as a player, but certainly above everything as a fan, is that it's truly a world sport. I love that everyone in the world, with few exceptions, plays this game. Many americans don't appreciate what it means for a sport to be a world sport. (The Lax World Games are not "World Games". Hockey World Games are not World Games. Basketball is getting closer but still not even close.) I love that it's a world game. Americans get a taste of this during the Olympics. But even then, it doesn't compare. Remember the Dream Team? Imagine *that* except every country on earth had a Dream Team. Not a basketball team but a team full of legends that were legitimately as good as if not better than Magic, Air, Bird, etc. That's the World Cup. That's what's happening right now in the Euros. i love it.
I thought ties are like kissing your sister?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Stolen:
At least in football you have a very good chance of seeing a touchdown ( or 5 or 10) scored. In the game of kickball that is a very rare accomplishment
indeed when a kickball player finds the back of the net. On the rare occasion when they do the English fans celebrate by beating the hell out of the fans from the other team. I guess a goal is so rare you have to celebrate somehow. :lol:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Lacrosse should ban the faceoff. There....I said it. 8-)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:28 am Lacrosse should ban the faceoff. There....I said it. 8-)
Eliminate crease violations and long poles.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”