Transfer Portal 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Wheels

Re: Transfer Portal 2022

Post by Wheels »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:44 pm And they proved it this year and no one really rejected it but what everyone was ignoring or missing was that it wasn’t proven w the conference only play and wayy too many big ten fans were whining and making things up while crapping on the rest of D1. It was obnoxious and absurd all season long.
Not to quibble but please do recall what the head of the selection committee said on national TV as to why UNC and Duke were 1 and 2 with an undefeated Maryland at 3. He said it was because no one knew how good they were based on the conference only schedule. I'm sure someone can post the video of it. While maybe a lot of us B1G people were pissy about the ACC hype that ESPN and their people pumped, can we not pretend that a common theme all year was "no one knows how good the Big Ten is"? For my own part, I didn't think that Duke or UNC played murderer's row for their non-conference schedule because the Big Ten and Ivy wouldn't all it. Hell, there's a reason the College Crosse guys spent the second half of the year mocking the narrative.

But we will have to agree to disagree.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Not to mock or throw shade at some of the good posters on here, but it feels like it could be 2031 and we'd still be relitigating the Big Ten's 2021. Let's just be glad we hopefully will never have to see years like 2020-21 again (even if there were some great games and talents and I enjoyed the stretch run of the 2021 season) and next year we get to see Maryland mix it up with the ACC and the Ivies are back and Cuse-Hopkins and an honest to god, regular, normal season.
BigTom5

Post by BigTom5 »

Wheels wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:40 pm Hell, there's a reason the College Crosse guys spent the second half of the year mocking the narrative.

Are you really trying to win an argument quoting College Crosse, a couple big ten homers who have never held a lacrosse stick in their lives? Those guys may have the worst takes in the sport, and that’s saying something.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Wheels wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:40 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:44 pm And they proved it this year and no one really rejected it but what everyone was ignoring or missing was that it wasn’t proven w the conference only play and wayy too many big ten fans were whining and making things up while crapping on the rest of D1. It was obnoxious and absurd all season long.
Not to quibble but please do recall what the head of the selection committee said on national TV as to why UNC and Duke were 1 and 2 with an undefeated Maryland at 3. He said it was because no one knew how good they were based on the conference only schedule. I'm sure someone can post the video of it. While maybe a lot of us B1G people were pissy about the ACC hype that ESPN and their people pumped, can we not pretend that a common theme all year was "no one knows how good the Big Ten is"? For my own part, I didn't think that Duke or UNC played murderer's row for their non-conference schedule because the Big Ten and Ivy wouldn't all it. Hell, there's a reason the College Crosse guys spent the second half of the year mocking the narrative.

Not to quibble but...seems very similar to this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Af-Id_fuXFA

But seriously I witnessed a bunch of “everyone else is trash” and “the ACC media bias” etc which was just gross and unbecoming of winners like how Tillman behaves. If you don’t see the difference between a closed loop system and at least some OOC play that’s hard to square. There were some more reasonable folks but wayyy too many arrogant and bitchy people acting like petulant little girls all season when in fact the blame should’ve been directed inward at the Big Ten leadership. Let’s not forget how they bailed on the football season only to pick it back up when they saw the sec pull off a game or two. Pointing fingers at others is just lame. And it was so redundant that it’s seemingly fair to reflect on that stuff and accept regardless of how the season shook out that it isn’t great behavior.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jrn19 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:18 pm Not to mock or throw shade at some of the good posters on here, but it feels like it could be 2031 and we'd still be relitigating the Big Ten's 2021. Let's just be glad we hopefully will never have to see years like 2020-21 again (even if there were some great games and talents and I enjoyed the stretch run of the 2021 season) and next year we get to see Maryland mix it up with the ACC and the Ivies are back and Cuse-Hopkins and an honest to god, regular, normal season.
Except 2011 is nothing like a Covid wrecked messy incomplete (participation) season. This is unique and agree let’s hope never again.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Bacondoesstuff

Post by Bacondoesstuff »

looks like Maryland landed 3 solid transfers. Are they instant starters for them next season?
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

I don’t know which was worse, the bitching about the ACC/ non Big 10 leagues or the boasting about the pre title game predictions of a Maryland blow out of Virginia………..Grill and Makar are still seeing the numbers on the back of Moore and Shellenberger’s jerseys. Disrespecting your opponent is never wise………
dek

Post by dek »

Bacondoesstuff wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:23 am looks like Maryland landed 3 solid transfers. Are they instant starters for them next season?
Expect so on Danville and Kahn, don’t know enough about the picture on defense to predict the other. Are the Terps looking to add a FO through the portal too?
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

blue angels wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:16 am

I don’t know which was worse, the bitching about the ACC/ non Big 10 leagues or the boasting about the pre title game predictions of a Maryland blow out of Virginia………..Grill and Makar are still seeing the numbers on the back of Moore and Shellenberger’s jerseys. Disrespecting your opponent is never wise………
I don't know any of my fellow Terps fans who were predicting a blowout of Virginia. Virginia is a chaotic, talented, scary ass team. You can get the version that loses to Syracuse, but you can also get the version that essentially when all cylinders are firing, can beat anyone relatively easily. There was no disrespect to them from my perspective. I would have preferred UNC over UVA a million times over...and I really respect UNC. UVA is just a different unpredictable beast.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Bacondoesstuff wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:23 am looks like Maryland landed 3 solid transfers. Are they instant starters for them next season?
All 3 can start and play big minutes. In likelihood of starting I'd go

1. Khan
2. Prybylski
3. Donville

But again, all 3 are capable of being big contributors. Obviously to what extent and how much they do will be dictated by health first and foremost and then how they fit in with the rest of the team and of course performance
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

And the "Rich" just keep getting richer... Kudos to UMD for the pick-ups.
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

PulpExposure wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:59 am
blue angels wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:16 am

I don't know any of my fellow Terps fans who were predicting a blowout of Virginia. Virginia is a chaotic, talented, scary ass team. You can get the version that loses to Syracuse, but you can also get the version that essentially when all cylinders are firing, can beat anyone relatively easily. There was no disrespect to them from my perspective. I would have preferred UNC over UVA a million times over...and I really respect UNC. UVA is just a different unpredictable beast.
There were some Terp fans predicting a blowout win.

I'm not a Terp fan but before the game, I did see Md as a strong favorite, as I'm sure most people did, considering how they had just blown out Duke impressively and had all-world Bernhardt. Also, I'm very impressed with Tillman and his classiness.
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

When did Maryland get Khan?
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Not going to applaud Maryland or Tillman for going into the portal once again to grab talent that displaces his own. Does he lack patience developing all those 4-5 star classes that Maryland annually gathers.. God forbid he tries to win a chip in 2022 without developed players from other teams . Same goes for ND who has a chance and Rutgers who doesn't.

Have heard strange rationale by some that Maryland lost young talented players when they brought in transfers so needed to replace the departed with more transfers or they need transfers to replace departing players who were transfers.

21 UM team was the greatest in 25 years according to some yet lost to 4 loss UVA . Tillman must figure it has to be the greatest in 26 years
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

Gatsby wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:35 pm
I'm not a Terp fan but before the game, I did see Md as a strong favorite, as I'm sure most people did, considering how they had just blown out Duke impressively and had all-world Bernhardt. Also, I'm very impressed with Tillman and his classiness.
Fair enough. I just know that between me and my friends, we all wished not to play Virginia for a bunch of reasons. One, their offense is lethal. Two their FOGO is ridiculous, giving more possessions to that lethal offense. And three, they have a great goalie. Literally wished to play any other team lol. Tiffany has built an absolute monster there.
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

There was some credible sounding scuttlebutt posted here or on Laxpower with an insider voice of Tillman overworking and maybe driving out talented players. I don't know about any of that. But his public comments and demeanor in general during the two recent championship tournaments have been laudable. Now, three big transfer pickups seems like a lot, but like other cases (Duke), maybe it won't make a major difference in the end.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

I’ve heard from some sources Fairman is not returning. Anyone know the truth?
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

BigTom5 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:19 pm
Wheels wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:40 pm Hell, there's a reason the College Crosse guys spent the second half of the year mocking the narrative.

Are you really trying to win an argument quoting College Crosse, a couple big ten homers who have never held a lacrosse stick in their lives? Those guys may have the worst takes in the sport, and that’s saying something.
Figured after listening to a slanted podcast. One needs a sports bra
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

InsiderRoll wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:10 pm I’ve heard from some sources Fairman is not returning. Anyone know the truth?
Everything I’ve heard and everything on the Maryland boards has had him returning.
jerseyjames

Post by jerseyjames »

jersey shore lax wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:30 pm
bananas wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:32 pm

Knights are no one hit wonder, been a good program for several years always on the cusp. Some may recall us being ranked #1 for awhile a few years back. Our final ranking this year was more than deserved.
Talk about a team that wants a participation trophy, good team, good year and that puts them in the same pool as about 20 other schools not named Duke, UNC, UVA, UMD, They are more like Jay and Silent Bob than Good Will Hunting.

2012 Rutgers 6-9 -> Stagnittas guys
2013 Rutgers 2-11 -> Stagnittas guys
2014 Rutgers 8-8 -> Stagnittas guys
2015 Rutgers 5-10 -> Stagnittas guys
2016 Rutgers 11-5 -> Robbed of NCAA's
2017 Rutgers 10-4 -> Robbed of NCAA's
2018 Rutgers 9-6 -> Still a solid Season, one goal losses to #6 Hop, #1 UMD, Rival Princeton, #12 Army
2019 Rutgers 7-8 -> Tough SOS/couldn't close games
2020 Rutgers 2-4 -> Not sure what was going on here
2021 Rutgers 9-4 -> OT loss in NCAA Quarters
Say what you want but the program has been on the come up and knocking on the door for a while, BB inherited a mess that took a long time to clean up, winning is a process and is something that had to be learned. Also up till 2015 their home game field was the football practice field... new facilities on par with the rest of the P5 and putting money and resources into the program have definitely helped and will continue to pay dividends.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”