January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:32 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:19 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:03 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:30 amAnd yet you can't denounce Carlson. Got it.
:lol: ...so petty. Who's trolling now ?
I refuse to jump through your hoops. You don't dictate the terms of the discussion.
I'm trying to discuss what our most senior military officer is telling us about "white rage",
& what his Chiefs are telling their officers & troops they should be reading,
...not some cable news host, who you are citing as a diversion.
nope, you just can't bring yourself to separate yourself from the racist a-holes like Carlson, who are leading the right wing charge against the COS, even when its an obvious lay up...

I'm happy to discuss how Milley ripped Gaetz and the rest of these imbeciles, how and why he did so, and why he considers studying why Jan 6 to be crucial, why he thinks leaders in the military should understand history fully including parts that are uncomfortable, and why he thinks that's important to actual leadership...but only with someone who is clear about rejecting racist POS like Carlson when he steps way, way over the line.

And you're not that guy, unfortunately.
"racist a-holes like Carlson," "racist POS"... if not slanderous, not sure what is.
slander: The action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

Not false.

same for libel or libelous...gotta be false.

This should be a lay-up for anyone on here except the gator troll.
Separate yourself from Carlson's attack on Milley. Easy peasy, lay-up.

Then discuss Milley and your opinions as to why he's wrong to hold his views.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seems OS is infuriating someone b/c they aren't getting their way. :lol: Hilarious.

It is no different than his argument about Carlson, his plight to minimize and slander OS's stance on topics is oh so similar.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:00 pm Seems OS is infuriating someone b/c they aren't getting their way. :lol: Hilarious.

It is no different than his argument about Carlson, his plight to minimize and slander OS's stance on topics is oh so similar.

Yup.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:36 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:30 amAnd yet you can't denounce Carlson. Got it.
I refuse to jump through your hoops. You don't dictate the terms of the discussion.
I'm trying to discuss what our most senior military officer is telling us about "white rage",
nope, you just can't bring yourself to separate yourself from the racist a-holes like Carlson, who are leading the right wing charge against the COS, even when its an obvious lay up...

I'm happy to discuss how Milley ripped Gaetz and the rest of these imbeciles, how and why he did so, and why he considers studying why Jan 6 to be crucial, why he thinks leaders in the military should understand history fully including parts that are uncomfortable, and why he thinks that's important to actual leadership...but only with someone who is clear about rejecting racist POS like Carlson when he steps way, way over the line.

"racist a-holes like Carlson," "racist POS"... if not slanderous, not sure what is.
slander: The action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

Not false.

i don't watch TC enough I guess to have your sense of certainty. Even if I did, I wouldn't make the kind of statements you have on a public forum. It seems weirdly personal.

Is he actually overtly racist?... or does he say just enough to trigger those who look for racism every waking moment, such as yourself, in order to capture some moral high ground and self-righteous stance?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

tech37 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:26 am

Not false.

i don't watch TC enough I guess to have your sense of certainty. Even if I did, I wouldn't make the kind of statements you have on a public forum. It seems weirdly personal.

Is he actually overtly racist?... or does he say just enough to trigger those who look for racism every waking moment, such as yourself, in order to capture some moral high ground and self-righteous stance?

MD’s obsession with Tucker Carlson is obviously bizarre, but I suspect it has more to do with jealousy than anything else. Tucker is actually a good guy (he has a house near me in Florida), who has donated more to charity than this entire board combined. I can’t say I know him great, but I have certainly run into him several times at a local coffee shop. He is gracious and ready with a smile.

Tucker is the single number one cable host in the entire universe....that doesn’t happen because you’re lazy or dumb. My guess is the job is significantly harder than what folks like MD like to think it is. So not only is Tucker successful, but he’s a hard worker too. He’s also by far the best spokesman for basic American civil liberties; that irritates both Democrats and neocons to no end. He’s pro American, again something that irritates most Democrats and all neocons who elevate the United Nations over America. Tucker has a great marriage, so there is no room to attack him on personal foibles.

The reason Tucker gets the attention and obsession by libs is all of the above and more, but honestly what it really comes down to is self hatred by those who ‘hate’ him. There is no single media person I obsess over. I think Joy Reid, Brian Stelter, and the like are clowns, but I laugh at them; most people laugh at them!!

If Tucker is so awful, and if you were a nuanced human being, you’d simply laugh at him. If you don’t, it’s more likely the problem is you, not Tucker.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Slander requires the spoken utterance of a falsehood about an individual. Holding an opinion that cannot be demonstrated as patently false would not therefore be slander.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Not false.

Try googling 'Tucker Carlson racist'; yup, well documented.
My comments are actually tame.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/09/media/ad ... index.html

https://www.wgbh.org/news/commentary/20 ... -they-want

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... -trumpism/

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/04 ... ent-theory

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... blicanism/

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... t-1154153/

I was told back in 2014 by good friends of his daughter at UVA that Carlson was just 'acting' on the show, just putting on a pose for the audience. I didn't buy it then, but understood the girls' loyalty to their pal...but as this went further and further over time and events, even their view of him changed to recognize that only a true racist could allow himself to do and say as he did, whether in public or private.

I'm sure he's a perfectly charming fellow at the local coffee shop, he was so at the sorority event I was at with my niece and our family during her graduation. Such do not reveal character, typically. I also would not be surprised if he's generous in giving to charity...some truly awful human beings do such performatively. Some might even gain satisfaction from doing something good, including balancing out their other acts. Indeed, that would reflect a comprehension that what he does hurts many people.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:00 pm Seems OS is infuriating someone b/c they aren't getting their way. :lol: Hilarious.

That’s the only and most logical conclusion you could possibly draw from the entire context of that discussion? Or are you trolling so you can break out the creepy popcorn eating pic again? (Funny I guess but that dudes face reads like someone you don’t want coaching your kid in little league and who has to go door to door informing neighbors that he’s a pedderass)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Not false.

:lol: (I can use the stupid emojis too old man)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:19 am

Slander requires the spoken utterance of a falsehood about an individual. Holding an opinion that cannot be demonstrated as patently false would not therefore be slander.
How dare you? Tech is certain he knows better than all the rest of us! You should be ashamed
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:19 am

Not false.

I was told back in 2014 by good friends of his daughter at UVA that Carlson was just 'acting' on the show, just putting on a pose for the audience. I didn't buy it then, but understood the girls' loyalty to their pal...but as this went further and further over time and events, even their view of him changed to recognize that only a true racist could allow himself to do and say as he did, whether in public or private.

I'm sure he's a perfectly charming fellow at the local coffee shop, he was so at the sorority event I was at with my niece and our family during her graduation. Such do not reveal character, typically. I also would not be surprised if he's generous in giving to charity...some truly awful human beings do such performatively. Some might even gain satisfaction from doing something good, including balancing out their other acts. Indeed, that would reflect a comprehension that what he does hurts many people.
:lol: No thanks... all those links lead to sources about as objective/nuanced as you are.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

tech37 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:07 am

Not false.

:lol: No thanks... all those links lead to sources about as objective/nuanced as you are.
As soon as I saw the list of articles I figured one of about four here would say exactly what you said.

Skip the opinion parts. It won't hurt to read what Carlson's quoted as saying. Then you can get back to us and tell us that wasn't what he meant.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:03 am

Not false.

As soon as I saw the list of articles I figured one of about four here would say exactly what you said.

Skip the opinion parts. It won't hurt to read what Carlson's quoted as saying. Then you can get back to us and tell us that wasn't what he meant.

You do realize that liberals say exactly the same thing whenever someone posts a link to a media source not Democrat-approved?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Not false.

Infowars is more reliable.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Not false.

And direct quotes and links to Carlson speaking...his own words...you can judge for yourself.

Seriously, I'd be interested in your reaction after you've done some actual investigation.

After all, it was you who challenged me as slandering Carlson.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:33 am

Not false.

And direct quotes and links to Carlson speaking...his own words...you can judge for yourself.

Seriously, I'd be interested in your reaction after you've done some actual investigation.

If you ignore stupid MD you will save yourself a lot of unecessary grief... I'm starting to think you are a glutton for punishment. Your are the perfect example of why I don't listen to or read any form of cable news. Enjoy your self flagellation but try not to hurt yourself too much...
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

8-)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:22 am

Not false.

Infowars is more reliable.
Definitely not as good as Reddit though
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Not false.

It was established he was using a term he didn’t actually understand so you can toss that comment of his out there window I would think.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:43 am

Not false.

If you ignore stupid MD you will save yourself a lot of unecessary grief... I'm starting to think you are a glutton for punishment. Your are the perfect example of why I don't listen to or read any form of cable news. Enjoy your self flagellation but try not to hurt yourself too much...
You heard the man, he is telling you to ignore him. Free pass to do so.

Return to “POLITICS”