Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:14 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:04 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:51 am :roll: Boycott stupid and racist.
You can boycott by using the ignore function. It is really easy. It looks like to me you get more satisfaction over opining about ignoring than you actually do about ignoring. There is a poker expression that describes your dilemma... Chit or get off the pot. Ignore what bothers you or stop effing whining about it. :roll:
Nope, I'll continue to register my views as I wish, when I wish, until the troll is gone.
You do understand the irony of your position? You repeatedly opine to boycott stupid and then you violate your own advice. Whatever floats your boat. There is one poster on this forum I boycotted years ago. Maybe you and I have a different definition of what boycott means. When I boycott someone I actually boycott them. Not telling you what you should do. I'm just pointing out the irony in how you go about yer bidness.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:22 pm
You can boycott by using the ignore function. It is really easy. It looks like to me you get more satisfaction over opining about ignoring than you actually do about ignoring. There is a poker expression that describes your dilemma... Chit or get off the pot. Ignore what bothers you or stop effing whining about it. :roll:
Nope, I'll continue to register my views as I wish, when I wish, until the troll is gone.
Question... why should your so called "troll" go anywhere? Isn't he simply "registering his views" (albeit different views) just as you are? And, how can you call PB a troll and not Brooklyn (for one) a troll as well. Oh I see, you agree with Brooklyn?
Go to the Admin area to see an extensive discussion on this topic. My views are expressed there.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:22 pm
You do understand the irony of your position? You repeatedly opine to boycott stupid and then you violate your own advice. Whatever floats your boat. There is one poster on this forum I boycotted years ago. Maybe you and I have a different definition of what boycott means. When I boycott someone I actually boycott them. Not telling you what you should do. I'm just pointing out the irony in how you go about yer bidness.
Actually, you comment all the time about him. ;)

I'm not using 'ignore', I'm saying that we shouldn't engage at the same level of stupidity. Don't treat him as deserving of a direct response...I've tried and failed. I have numerous times tried to give Petey a chance to engage civilly, but he's proven to be hopelessly and aggressively bigoted, seeking to divide and anger, to insult and inflame, relentlessly utilizing misinformation and disinformation tactics, ala the worst sorts of Russian trolls.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:58 pm
Question... why should your so called "troll" go anywhere? Isn't he simply "registering his views" (albeit different views) just as you are? And, how can you call PB a troll and not Brooklyn (for one) a troll as well. Oh I see, you agree with Brooklyn?
Go to the Admin area to see an extensive discussion on this topic. My views are expressed there.
That's where you spend your time, in the Admin area? Good lord...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:05 pm
You have an issue with a discussion of what rules should apply to this forum process?
There rather than in the lax threads or Politics threads etc?

"good lord"???
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:11 pm
You have an issue with a discussion of what rules should apply to this forum process?

"good lord"???
But you see, you seem to only express your views toward people you consider "Trumpist" or right wing. What about the people on here that bend or break rules consistently and we hear nary a peep out of MDlax?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

... or mebbe call t37 one as well ...
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:29 pm

... or mebbe call t37 one as well ...
Right... it's a matter of degree I guess. Some though can't seem to contribute more than searching/posting cartoons. Peter Principle in effect no doubt.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:42 pm
Right... it's a matter of degree I guess. Some though can't seem to contribute more than searching/posting cartoons. Peter Principle in effect no doubt.
Dunno that hierarchy ascendancy has anything to do with it all but at least those toons do get your attention. ;)
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:21 pm

"good lord"???
But you see, you seem to only express your views toward people you consider "Trumpist" or right wing. What about the people on here that bend or break rules consistently and we hear nary a peep out of MDlax?
You must not have read all my posts on the topic. I've mentioned both 'hard right' and 'far left'.

But we don't really have any rules about 'trolling', just personal attacks against each other...which does understandably happen when people get fed up...and some of that being 'fed up' is brought on by the trolling.

I do think that Brooklyn's posting of cartoons and such can be 'trolling', looking for a reaction...and more egregious can be some of his sharp commentary to go along with the humor...I've reacted directly to some of that over the years, for instance pointing out that not all Republicans are Trumpists, etc.

I mentioned his posts specifically in the discussion on trolling. We also have been discussing some trolling that happens on the lax threads, deliberate insults to 'troll' for a reaction. That trolling, and the lack of control of such, has apparently led a longtime contributor to leave the forums altogether.

IMO, much of this is just jabbing at one another. Jostling. Bearable. However, reduction of such would be better IMO.

But a world of difference between the incessant, relentless use of misinformation and disinformation tactics employed by PB.

Seems to me that it adds absolutely nothing to have constant lies, just a detraction to civil discourse. Doesn't matter whether it's left or right. Just happens to be that the hard right's sociopathic, egomaniacal Der Leader has given sociopaths license to the worst sorts of online behaviors, "flooding the zone" as Steve Bannon called it, with lies and anger. PB's a prime example.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:47 pm
Dunno that hierarchy ascendancy has anything to do with it all but at least those toons do get your attention. ;)
It's about reaching your level of competency. And, I always skip past those cartoons ;) See ya...
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:54 pm

"good lord"???
You must not have read all my posts on the topic. I've mentioned both 'hard right' and 'far left'.

But we don't really have any rules about 'trolling', just personal attacks against each other...which does understandably happen when people get fed up...and some of that being 'fed up' is brought on by the trolling.

I do think that Brooklyn's posting of cartoons and such can be 'trolling', looking for a reaction...and more egregious can be some of his sharp commentary to go along with the humor...I've reacted directly to some of that over the years, for instance pointing out that not all Republicans are Trumpists, etc.

I mentioned his posts specifically in the discussion on trolling. We also have been discussing some trolling that happens on the lax threads, deliberate insults to 'troll' for a reaction. That trolling, and the lack of control of such, has apparently led a longtime contributor to leave the forums altogether.

IMO, much of this is just jabbing at one another. Jostling. Bearable. However, reduction of such would be better IMO.

But a world of difference between the incessant, relentless use of misinformation and disinformation tactics employed by PB.

Seems to me that it adds absolutely nothing to have constant lies, just a detraction to civil discourse. Doesn't matter whether it's left or right. Just happens to be that the hard right's sociopathic, egomaniacal Der Leader has given sociopaths license to the worst sorts of online behaviors, "flooding the zone" as Steve Bannon called it, with lies and anger. PB's a prime example.
"Constant lies"? That just your opinion.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:01 pm

"good lord"???

nope, PB's been over and over and over again guilty of flat, outright lies.
Obvious lies. On their face.

tech, you don't do this. At least I haven't seen you do it.
While you do spread some things that are highly questionable as to their validity (IMO!), far as I can tell, you do so from a position of sincerity. You think they are worthy of consideration. Big difference.

You contribute to the discourse.

Again, this discussion is best in the administrative section.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:18 pm
tech37 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:01 pm

"good lord"???

nope, PB's been over and over and over again guilty of flat, outright lies.
Obvious lies. On their face.

tech, you don't do this. At least I haven't seen you do it.
While you do spread some things that are highly questionable as to their validity (IMO!), far as I can tell, you do so from a position of sincerity. You think they are worthy of consideration. Big difference.

You contribute to the discourse.

Again, this discussion is best in the administrative section.

:lol:

I read your posts for the unendingly unintentional humor. My biggest dilemma is adding the laughing or eye roll emoji.

Thank you anyway. Free hilarity is always appreciated.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:56 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:47 pm
It's about reaching your level of competency. And, I always skip past those cartoons ;) See ya...

Ha,ha ~ another one who claims to ignore my posts but, somehow, knows what I have posted. :lol:

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:33 pm The really sad part of all this is that murderer Chauvin may get paroled after 15 years, get his big taxpayer financed pension, and live happily thereafter laughing all the way to the bank. That is assuming some repukeblicon judge won't overturn the ruling and set him free.
You vastly underestimate 15yrs in prison, as a cop who kills a black dude. His hammies will be well stretched out from holding his ankles every day and I doubt they’ll give him the courtesy of olive oil.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

"good lord"???

Here’s the response

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j95kNwZw8YY
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:26 am You vastly underestimate 15yrs in prison, as a cop who kills a black dude. His hammies will be well stretched out from holding his ankles every day and I doubt they’ll give him the courtesy of olive oil.

I seriously doubt all that. Chauvin will likely be sent to a country club prison where he'll get daily pedicures, pleasant back rubs, and weekly mailings which include checks from PBA groups all over the USA.

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:42 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:26 am You vastly underestimate 15yrs in prison, as a cop who kills a black dude. His hammies will be well stretched out from holding his ankles every day and I doubt they’ll give him the courtesy of olive oil.

I seriously doubt all that. Chauvin will likely be sent to a country club prison where he'll get daily pedicures, pleasant back rubs, and weekly mailings which include checks from PBA groups all over the USA.
I am hoping Chauvin won’t be able to tell a fart from a yawn when he comes out.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:42 pm

Woefully uninformed.

Chauvin, if held by the state of Minnesota, will be kept in solitary nearly 24 hours a day in a 10’x10’ room, all walls. He will have no interaction with anyone other than whoever delivers his meals. It’s barbaric, but not many people in America understand that the prison system here is worse than practically every other country in the world today. It’s zero rehabilitation, no carrots to offer, just vindictive punishment. With people like TLD (see his post above), it doesn’t pay the prison industry in America to offer rehabilitation.

Were he allowed in any general population, he’d be at risk of being killed instantly. Most American wardens are dumber than a box of rocks, but they are programmed to survive to their pension: they live in fear of having a high visibility prisoner die; bad publicity risks that sweet gubmint pension. They won’t want him, and if forced to take him, any warden will simply lock him in a solitary cell and throw away the key. No one audits prisons in America anyway.

My prediction: Minnesota asks the feds to take him, as the feds have different classification facilities for targets like Chauvin. He can go to a ‘rat’ facility first, then when no one is looking after five years, he can go to a camp. States are ill equipped to handle high-viz prisoners like Chauvin.

Return to “POLITICS”