January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:57 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:48 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:40 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:03 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:53 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:28 am
Actual text of Milley:
The text doesn't do full justice to the tone...watch it.

The United States Military Academy is a university. And it is important that we train, and we understand ― and I want to understand white rage. And I’m white, and I want to understand it.

And I personally find it offensive that we are accusing the United States military, general officers, commissioned and noncommissioned officers of being quote ‘woke,’ or something else because we’re studying some theories that are out there.
The service academies do not offer majors in philosophy, sociology, theology or ethnic studies.
By endorsing such content, the SecDef & Chiefs are implicitly casting doubt on the loyalty of their troops.
This is not an academic exercise, it is pandering to their woke partisan civilian leaders, using their troops as a captive audience.
And why don't they? As a taxpayer, I am funding the education of these public servants. That is what they are, they are servants -- they serve our nation. They volunteer to "serve" our nation, and, in fact, like all public servants, swear an oath to uphold and defend our Constitution. In return, we educate them and offer attractive pay packages and retirement, not to mention comprehensive medical, although I do think that the combat wounded get royally scr3wed over --- we need fewer yellow ribbons on cars and better benefits for the disabled vets.

So, I want my public servants extremely well-educated. I want a complete education, not some watered-down, incomplete STEM nonsense. If the officers can't grasp or don't want this sort of education, then they should look elsewhere for an education and job. Military service in our volunteer force is a privilege, not an entitlement.
Some people will never understand. OS will be a caricature in a contemporary follow up to Spoon River Anthology. That’s where the rejection of anything incomprehensible by some becomes such a macabre joke on all of society. Beckett or Flannery O’Conner couldn’t make up the stuff we see on these boards.
OS served this country as a decorated Naval aviator. He wrote that check that he was willing to cash with his own life. You people should honor and respect his opinion and he is mocked, ridiculed and denigrated by a bunch of chitheads who never bothered to serve this country and think they understand the the US military better than a man who served with dignity and honor. On your best day most of you will never be able to stand next to OS and not look like a bunch of whining and pathetic imbeciles. OS, for a Navy guy.. you rock.
Don’t you get paid to volunteer?
No idea what you are talking about. I only know that OS served this country with honor and integrity. That is a simple fact most of his detractors can't relate to.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:03 pm
Actual text of Milley:

The United States Military Academy is a university. And it is important that we train, and we understand ― and I want to understand white rage. And I’m white, and I want to understand it.

And I personally find it offensive that we are accusing the United States military, general officers, commissioned and noncommissioned officers of being quote ‘woke,’ or something else because we’re studying some theories that are out there.
The service academies do not offer majors in philosophy, sociology, theology or ethnic studies.
By endorsing such content, the SecDef & Chiefs are implicitly casting doubt on the loyalty of their troops.
This is not an academic exercise, it is pandering to their woke partisan civilian leaders, using their troops as a captive audience.
And why don't they? As a taxpayer, I am funding the education of these public servants. That is what they are, they are servants -- they serve our nation. They volunteer to "serve" our nation, and, in fact, like all public servants, swear an oath to uphold and defend our Constitution. In return, we educate them and offer attractive pay packages and retirement, not to mention comprehensive medical, although I do think that the combat wounded get royally scr3wed over --- we need fewer yellow ribbons on cars and better benefits for the disabled vets.

So, I want my public servants extremely well-educated. I want a complete education, not some watered-down, incomplete STEM nonsense. If the officers can't grasp or don't want this sort of education, then they should look elsewhere for an education and job. Military service in our volunteer force is a privilege, not an entitlement.
Some people will never understand. OS will be a caricature in a contemporary follow up to Spoon River Anthology. That’s where the rejection of anything incomprehensible by some becomes such a macabre joke on all of society. Beckett or Flannery O’Conner couldn’t make up the stuff we see on these boards.
OS served this country as a decorated Naval aviator. He wrote that check that he was willing to cash with his own life. You people should honor and respect his opinion and he is mocked, ridiculed and denigrated by a bunch of chitheads who never bothered to serve this country and think they understand the the US military better than a man who served with dignity and honor. On your best day most of you will never be able to stand next to OS and not look like a bunch of whining and pathetic imbeciles. OS, for a Navy guy.. you rock.
No idea what you are talking about. I only know that OS served this country with honor and integrity. That is a simple fact most of his detractors can't relate to.
General Milley is acting woke. . He never wrote that check that he was willing to cash with his own life. People should not honor and respect his opinion and he should be mocked, ridiculed and denigrated by a chithead.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:45 pm
Actual text of Milley:

General Milley is acting woke. . He never wrote that check that he was willing to cash with his own life. People should honor and respect his opinion and he is mocked, ridiculed and denigrated by a chithead.
I suppose the folks that deposited their checks in the same bank are entitled to their own opinion. I will always respect OS and his opinion before I will pay attention to the cumquats on this forum that never served a single minute in service to their country. If OS wants to criticize ANY leader of our military, he EARNED that privilege. You are also free to criticize, your opinion is worth exactly what you put in...nothing. I don't say that to bust your balls, that is just my opinion.
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:54 pm
Actual text of Milley:

General Milley is acting woke. . He never wrote that check that he was willing to cash with his own life. People should honor and respect his opinion and he is mocked, ridiculed and denigrated by a chithead.
I suppose the folks that deposited their checks in the same bank are entitled to their own opinion. I will always respect OS and his opinion before I will pay attention to the cumquats on this forum that never served a single minute in service to their country. If OS wants to criticize ANY leader of our military, he EARNED that privilege. You are also free to criticize, your opinion is worth exactly what you put in...nothing. I don't say that to bust your balls, that is just my opinion.

I don’t have the time to research, but I’m willing to go out on a limb :lol: and state that TLD has written many posts denigrating General Flynn who I believe also put his life on the line.

I bet Fanlax libs have shredded General Flynn with thousands of posts, let alone one, but today they say Tucker Carlson is a meanie to say mean things about Milley.

Consistency 101.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Actual text of Milley:

Blah blah blah. Go walk your dog.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Actual text of Milley:

And it’s worth the same as your a-hole so shut your morality up.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:25 pm
Actual text of Milley:

Blah blah blah. Go walk your dog.
Too late, already walked her this morning...
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:26 pm
Actual text of Milley:

Since your being so mean spirited how is that cocaine damaged ticker of your holding up? Take another blow for your nose and hope that oak tree ain't in your way.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:11 pm
Actual text of Milley:

I don’t have the time to research, but I’m willing to go out on a limb :lol: and state that TLD has written many posts denigrating General Flynn who I believe also put his life on the line.

I bet Fanlax libs have shredded General Flynn with thousands of posts, let alone one, but today they say Tucker Carlson is a meanie to say mean things about Milley.

Consistency 101.
Without a doubt.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Actual text of Milley:

cradle, are you telling us that you think Milley is less worthy of respect than Salty?

Tucker Carlson called Milley a "pig" and "stupid" and "obsequious"...Tucker not only never served, but is the epitome of the frat boy elitist that I think you dislike. Not unlike our gator.

Where I disagree further with you, however, is the notion that service in the military makes one more "entitled to their own own opinion" than are others. Our rights as Americans to our opinions and the free expression of same from government interference are not "EARNED" they are ours by legal right. I do agree however, that we should treat them as also a "privilege" to be used judiciously, graciously, and thankfully.

Also disagree with anyone who says that mere service in the military makes one immune from critique, whether Milley or Flynn, or anyone else, no matter how bravely they served and under what level of duress. That service does not make them a perfect person, nor forever shield them from disagreement going forward.

So, I don't have an issue with Milley being critiqued for views that someone finds more "liberal" and open-minded than their own, but I do find the fundamental disrespect exhibited by Carlson to be highly offensive, as well as factually incorrect.

I also find immensely offensive and disrespectful, in this case from you, when you suggest that another's views are worthless ("your opinion is worth exactly what you put in...nothing") under the presumption that such person has not served their country, their community, their family, 'honorably and with integrity'...you have no basis for such disrespect.

Now, if you wish to impute some specific type of expertise or experience based upon particular service, I'm fine with making such an assumption...for instance, I'm willing to bet that Salty knows a heck of a lot more than I do, and likely most anyone else on here, on a whole range of military topics, and even more so in the areas in which he had or has specialized experience. That's a value add to our discussions...just as when someone who is a lawyer and practices constitutional law is deserving of a measure of 'respect' for their expertise...or a doctor in a specific field...or...you in your field of expertise based on your work experience. If I had a question on refrigeration in convenience stores, I'd turn to you, not Salty or TLD or ggait... or me...nope, you know more.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:33 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:26 pm
Actual text of Milley:

Since your being so mean spirited how is that cocaine damaged ticker of your holding up? Take another blow for your nose and hope that oak tree ain't in your way.
How’s your depressed son doing? Any recent gun purchases?

How about on the job front? Economy is humming so you must have had 30 job offers by now.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Guys, I suggest taking it down a notch.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:53 pm
Actual text of Milley:

cradle, are you telling us that you think Milley is less worthy of respect than Salty?

Tucker Carlson called Milley a "pig" and "stupid" and "obsequious"...Tucker not only never served, but is the epitome of the frat boy elitist that I think you dislike. Not unlike our gator.

Where I disagree further with you, however, is the notion that service in the military makes one more "entitled to their own own opinion" than are others. Our rights as Americans to our opinions and the free expression of same from government interference are not "EARNED" they are ours by legal right. I do agree however, that we should treat them as also a "privilege" to be used judiciously, graciously, and thankfully.

Also disagree with anyone who says that mere service in the military makes one immune from critique, whether Milley or Flynn, or anyone else, no matter how bravely they served and under what level of duress. That service does not make them a perfect person, nor forever shield them from disagreement going forward.

So, I don't have an issue with Milley being critiqued for views that someone finds more "liberal" and open-minded than their own, but I do find the fundamental disrespect exhibited by Carlson to be highly offensive, as well as factually incorrect.

I also find immensely offensive and disrespectful, in this case from you, when you suggest that another's views are worthless ("your opinion is worth exactly what you put in...nothing") under the presumption that such person has not served their country, their community, their family, 'honorably and with integrity'...you have no basis for such disrespect.

Now, if you wish to impute some specific type of expertise or experience based upon particular service, I'm fine with making such an assumption...for instance, I'm willing to bet that Salty knows a heck of a lot more than I do, and likely most anyone else on here, on a whole range of military topics, and even more so in the areas in which he had or has specialized experience. That's a value add to our discussions...just as when someone who is a lawyer and practices constitutional law is deserving of a measure of 'respect' for their expertise...or a doctor in a specific field...or...you in your field of expertise based on your work experience. If I had a question on refrigeration in convenience stores, I'd turn to you, not Salty or TLD or ggait... or me...nope, you know more.
Like Salty you do understand I have an opinion because I also served my country? I did not fall off the turnip truck without an educated opinion in the conversation.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Also a rat-f**k by your own definition given you exposed something I shared on a PM. But I guess the redundant argument to suck every military servicemens balls regardless of whatever they do with the vast outside majority of their life means your hypocrisy is ok.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:40 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:53 pm
Actual text of Milley:

Like Salty you do understand I have an opinion because I also served my country? I did not fall off the turnip truck without an educated opinion in the conversation.
And your specific service may well provide you with specific experiences worth sharing, or providing context to your opinions. But they don't make your opinions on subjects outside of your specific experience or expertise more interesting, and certainly not more valuable, than someone else's.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:53 pmcradle, are you telling us that you think Milley is less worthy of respect than Salty?
Stop creating false choices. It is dishonest.

I've supported Milley down the line on this forum on tough decisions & on superficial issues, like when he was criticized for wearing fatigues to visit the NG troops in the battle of Laf park. He then got sucked into tagging along on Trump's stroll to the church. For that, he had to make a public apology. It was humiliating to see him have to pander then, especially in light of Jan 6 when he was criticized for not having the NG deployed in time to make a difference.

Given his position, the CJCS should not publicly speak out on "white rage" unless he feels it is a problem in the services, provides evidence to support that assertion, & tells us what he is doing to address it.
Likewise, when the Service Chiefs put a book on their reading list, that is an endorsement of that content which service members are expected to read & absorb.

In the issue of mandatory training for military personnel, the " intellectual diversity" excuse is a dodge for pandering.
Last edited by old salt on Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

old salt wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:29 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:53 pmcradle, are you telling us that you think Milley is less worthy of respect than Salty?

I've supported Milley down the line on this forum on tough decisions & on superficial issues, like when he was criticized for wearing fatigues to visit the NG troops in the battle of Laf park. He then got sucked into tagging along on Trump's stroll to the church. For that, he had to make a public apology. It was humiliating to see him pander then, especially in light of Jan 6 when he was criticized for not having the NG deployed in time to make a difference.

Given his position, the CJCS should not publicly speak out on "white rage" unless he feels it is a problem in the services, provides evidence to support that assertion, & tells us what he is doing to address it.
Likewise, when the Service Chiefs put a book on their reading list, that is an endorsement of that content which service members are expected to read & absorb.

In the issue of mandatory training for military personnel, the " intellectual diversity" excuse is a dodge for pandering.

+1

Solid post.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I've supported Milley down the line on this forum on tough decisions & on superficial issues, like when he was criticized for wearing fatigues to visit the NG troops in the battle of Laf park. He then got sucked into tagging along on Trump's stroll to the church. For that, he had to make a public apology. It was humiliating to see him pander then, especially in light of Jan 6 when he was criticized for not having the NG deployed in time to make a difference.

"dishonest"???

I was speaking to cradle, Salty.
He seems to think you're worthy of respect for your service, but not Milley.
I think you both are.

That said, you have repeatedly failed to denounce Carlson.
Why is that so hard for you?

"pig", "stupid", "obsequious"....have you watched him spew this yet?
Still no denouncement?

I do get that you're going to see any and all issues through your lens.
Like millions of others fearful of progress.
TLD would say your mask slipped a long time ago.

But, man, you really can't denounce Carlson?
Come on, you can do it.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Actually no, he can’t…

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:40 pm

"dishonest"???

I was speaking to cradle, Salty.
He seems to think you're worthy of respect for your service, but not Milley.
I think you both are.

That said, you have repeatedly failed to denounce Carlson.
Why is that so hard for you?

"pig", "stupid", "obsequious"....have you watched him spew this yet?
Still no denouncement?

I do get that you're going to see any and all issues through your lens.
Like millions of others fearful of progress.
TLD would say your mask slipped a long time ago.

But, man, you really can't denounce Carlson?
Come on, you can do it.
I'm not going to discuss Carlson because it is white noise & a diversion

Stop trying to tar anyone who has an honest, respectful difference of opinion with Gen Milley on this issue.

I'm concerned that he would raise the issue of "white rage" & want to see evidence of it's existence within the ranks.

Return to “POLITICS”