D1 Womens Lacrosse
Bart

Re: Syracuse

Post by Bart »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:34 pm
Bart wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:25 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:44 pm
Cagekeeper wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:45 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:25 pm Simkins......a real competitor and contributor.
Got a Bianca and Jenny in the mix there too.
Not bad.
Only Simpkins I’ve ever heard of is Ella I’m pretty sure nobody’s heard of the other one?
There’s an entire roster of competitors it’s a matter of opportunity
Your posts seem to suggest an unfairness in the Syracuse program under Gait about playing time, who starts, etc. Am I reading this wrong? If not, I would love to know who is on the sidelines that ought to have been getting minutes or more minutes. So...????
Unfairness? I often wonder about things like this. It would suggest a coach is purposely not putting the best team on the field she/he feels gives them the best shot at winning. I just don’t see that happening.
It’s an honest curiosity question. Cagekeeper has posted a handful of times (“nepotism”) that, to me, appeared to suggest that Gary didn’t play kids who either deserved to play or deserved a shot. I’m honestly wondering (if that’s what he meant and, if so) who these players are.
I am right there with you on that.

Edit: I’d also welcome Laxpundit07’s thoughts on this topic as Lp07 has indicated some first hand experience in this area
DMac

Post by DMac »

In the interim, mulberry update.
Day two, batch two. Better than day one's which isn't to suggest day one's is anything other than crazy good. A little less sugar, all brought together in a perfect marriage with heat and a steady motion to keep the juices flowing. This batch is like an orgy on the taste buds. Oh my!
:D
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

May be old news but just saw Sam Swart returning for her 5th year. KT is taking over a crazy loaded team.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

8meterPA wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:26 pm May be old news but just saw Sam Swart returning for her 5th year. KT is taking over a crazy loaded team.
Defense is an issue. They graduate Nos. 7, 13, and 32, lose No. 19 to transfer, and Goldstock is gone. Only Cooper remand among the low D. So, does KT put them in man to man? Or does Defleise keep the zone?
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:04 pm
8meterPA wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:26 pm May be old news but just saw Sam Swart returning for her 5th year. KT is taking over a crazy loaded team.
Defense is an issue. They graduate Nos. 7, 13, and 32, lose No. 19 to transfer, and Goldstock is gone. Only Cooper remand among the low D. So, does KT put them in man to man? Or does Defleise keep the zone?
I knew Goldstock and Defliese were done but didn’t put 2 and 2 together that they were losing almost their entire defensive unit… Still I see them keeping the zone
moonwater21

Post by moonwater21 »

Heard that Fahey and Defliese were using their extra year. If thats the case, we should be fine on Defense. We only have to replace Trice, Simkins, and Goldstock. We picked up UNC back up goalie Kimber Hower from the transfer portal who should be a good replacement for Goldstock. We also have a talented freshman in Katie Goodale who has shone in a few games this year. Also, if we are really struggling to replace Simkins, Chevarie could possibly transition to Defense full time. That is where her game shines the most. I think that KT will leave the D in Defliese's hands, and if Defliese was smart she would continue using her zone. If its not broke, don't fix it!
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

moonwater21 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:07 pm
Heard that Fahey and Defliese were using their extra year. If thats the case, we should be fine on Defense. We only have to replace Trice, Simkins, and Goldstock. We picked up UNC back up goalie Kimber Hower from the transfer portal who should be a good replacement for Goldstock. We also have a talented freshman in Katie Goodale who has shone in a few games this year. Also, if we are really struggling to replace Simkins, Chevarie could possibly transition to Defense full time. That is where her game shines the most. I think that KT will leave the D in Defliese's hands, and if Defliese was smart she would continue using her zone. If its not broke, don't fix it!
we? Are you on the team?
The goalie transfer thing is so confusing to me. Why? You have four girls that have been waiting for the chance to play. It’s a weird message. And Chevarie doesn’t need to move IMO. There’s plenty of defenders in the wings
moonwater21

Post by moonwater21 »

Cagekeeper wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:34 pm
we? Are you on the team?
The goalie transfer thing is so confusing to me. Why? You have four girls that have been waiting for the chance to play. It’s a weird message. And Chevarie doesn’t need to move IMO. There’s plenty of defenders in the wings
Do I need to be on the team to use "we"? I used "we" because I am a Syracuse fan, talking about next years roster on a Syracuse thread. I hear you on the goalie transfer thing. No one has been able to see what any of these other goalies in waiting are able to do apart from the coaches and the team. If I had any guess, I'd imagine Gait told Treanor/Defliese to bring in a transfer because A) the goalies in waiting aren't ready yet, B) haven't impressed, or C) for more competition. The answer to that? I don't know, you'd have to take that up with the coaching staff, not me. With this years incredibly tough/ACC heavy schedule, we've only gotten glimpses of the defenders in the wings so I was just throwing out scenarios. Evan Johnston could possibly step up in Simkins spot as well. Only time will tell.
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

moonwater21 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:54 pm
we? Are you on the team?
Do I need to be on the team to use "we"? I used "we" because I am a Syracuse fan, talking about next years roster on a Syracuse thread. I hear you on the goalie transfer thing. No one has been able to see what any of these other goalies in waiting are able to do apart from the coaches and the team. If I had any guess, I'd imagine Gait told Treanor/Defliese to bring in a transfer because A) the goalies in waiting aren't ready yet, B) haven't impressed, or C) for more competition. The answer to that? I don't know, you'd have to take that up with the coaching staff, not me. With this years incredibly tough/ACC heavy schedule, we've only gotten glimpses of the defenders in the wings so I was just throwing out scenarios. Evan Johnston could possibly step up in Simkins spot as well. Only time will tell.
Not at all. Was just curious. Naming a freshman that redshirted was an indication that maybe you were a team member. There are juniors I’m sure that are itching too
LaxThoughts

Post by LaxThoughts »

8meterPA wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:26 pm May be old news but just saw Sam Swart returning for her 5th year.
One more year of cheap shots.
moonwater21

Post by moonwater21 »

Cagekeeper wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:39 pm
we? Are you on the team?
Not at all. Was just curious. Naming a freshman that redshirted was an indication that maybe you were a team member. There are juniors I’m sure that are itching too
Gotcha. Nope, I'm only just a fan lol. If my memory serves me correctly, I could have sworn in a pre season interview or interview during the season Asa mentioned Cooper and Goodale as a potential leaders on the defensive side when Goldstock left. She's only a freshman, but Goodale must be a favorite of Defliese's because she threw her out there in a few games this season; even with a senior-ladden/vetern heavy defense. I agree, there has to be juniors who are itching to get out there. Us fans haven't seen much of them unless it was mop up duty in a blowout game, so who knows how well they will be when they are tested against these elite offensive ACC teams. Whichever way it pans out, I think Syracuse will be fine on the defensive end; as long as we have dominant goalie play.
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

moonwater21 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:00 am
Cagekeeper wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:39 pm
we? Are you on the team?
Gotcha. Nope, I'm only just a fan lol. If my memory serves me correctly, I could have sworn in a pre season interview or interview during the season Asa mentioned Cooper and Goodale as a potential leaders on the defensive side when Goldstock left. She's only a freshman, but Goodale must be a favorite of Defliese's because she threw her out there in a few games this season; even with a senior-ladden/vetern heavy defense. I agree, there has to be juniors who are itching to get out there. Us fans haven't seen much of them unless it was mop up duty in a blowout game, so who knows how well they will be when they are tested against these elite offensive ACC teams. Whichever way it pans out, I think Syracuse will be fine on the defensive end; as long as we have dominant goalie play.
Was referring to the Evan Johnston comment. Why mention her out of all the reserves. She redshirted and I would think not too many people know who she is. Let alone any reserves
Being defense doesn’t get changed
Bart

Post by Bart »

LaxThoughts wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:53 pm
8meterPA wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:26 pm May be old news but just saw Sam Swart returning for her 5th year.
Interesting post. Are you suggesting she is a dirty player or just referencing that stupid yellow at the end of the game?

Yep stupid penalty. She had 4 yellows over the course if the season. Seems a reasonable number to me that does not suggest a dirty player.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Impressive. A non stop, high energy gal playing both ends of the field at a high intensity level and for most minutes every game and only four YCs. That's virtually error free play in the YC part of the game. The only cheap shot here is from the poster who of course at whom no shots can be taken. Only players can be criticized, belittled, and shamed.

Quick mulberry update....picked one this morning that was so perfectly shaped and gorgeous I named it Halle Berry.
LaxThoughts

Post by LaxThoughts »

Bart wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:47 am
Interesting post. Are you suggesting she is a dirty player or just referencing that stupid yellow at the end of the game?

Yep stupid penalty. She had 4 yellows over the course if the season. Seems a reasonable number to me that does not suggest a dirty player.
Yes, that is what I am suggesting. That foul on the goalie was simply indicative. She regularly causes contact from behind and side on rides causing opposing players to sustain hard falls (which is more likely to cause serous injury than flying sticks, which she also does plenty). The yellow card count is only a data point since it reflects only those called, but a partially revealing one -- her 12 career yellow cards are what Mastroianni, Arsenault and Grace Griffin (no shrinking violets) had combined.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

LaxThoughts wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:14 am Yes, that is what I am suggesting. That foul on the goalie was simply indicative. She regularly causes contact from behind and side on rides causing opposing players to sustain hard falls (which is more likely to cause serous injury than flying sticks, which she also does plenty). The yellow card count is only a data point since it reflects only those called, but a partially revealing one -- her 12 career yellow cards are what Mastroianni, Arsenault and Grace Griffin (no shrinking violets) had combined.
Do you think that kind of rough play was encouraged at Syracuse under Gait?
LaxThoughts

Post by LaxThoughts »

Cletus wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:20 am
LaxThoughts wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:14 am Yes, that is what I am suggesting. That foul on the goalie was simply indicative. She regularly causes contact from behind and side on rides causing opposing players to sustain hard falls (which is more likely to cause serous injury than flying sticks, which she also does plenty). The yellow card count is only a data point since it reflects only those called, but a partially revealing one -- her 12 career yellow cards are what Mastroianni, Arsenault and Grace Griffin (no shrinking violets) had combined.
I have no basis to form an opinion on that since I have no insight into the dynamic within that team. Commenting only on what I have seen.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

LaxThoughts wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:23 am
Cletus wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:20 am
I have no basis to form an opinion on that since I have no insight into the dynamic within that team. Commenting only on what I have seen.
Gotcha--thanks
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

LaxThoughts wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:14 am
Bart wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:47 am

Yes, that is what I am suggesting. That foul on the goalie was simply indicative. She regularly causes contact from behind and side on rides causing opposing players to sustain hard falls (which is more likely to cause serous injury than flying sticks, which she also does plenty). The yellow card count is only a data point since it reflects only those called, but a partially revealing one -- her 12 career yellow cards are what Mastroianni, Arsenault and Grace Griffin (no shrinking violets) had combined.
I think if you fix Sam with the moniker "dirty player," then the number of dirty players in the women's game has to skyrocket. Respectfully, I think the foul on Hall was indicative...of the situation and the relative youth of the people we are talking about here. I've never thought of Swart as a dirty player (and, to be fair, as I've said before, absolutely love her energy and skill on the field). She's played 66 games, with 12 YCs, as a both ends midfielder. Just not seeing "dirty player" here.
DMac

Post by DMac »

You're not seeing dirty player because there isn't one to be found in Swart.
An absurd accusation.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”