Syracuse

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Laxinfordays

Re: Syracuse

Post by Laxinfordays »

DMac wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:11 pm The K Train comes rolling into town (an expression I'm laying claim to as I never heard or saw it written anywhere prior to my using it awhile back...you can all use it though :D ) and one by one all the players come to greet her and introduce themselves. Hi, I'm Emily, Hi, I'm Megan, Hi, I'm Emma, Hi, I'm Emma too, Hi, I'm Sam, Hi, I'm Katelyn, Hi, I'm Hallie, Hi, I'm Sierra, and probably Maddy Baxter was there to greet her too. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Coach Treanor responded to Maddy with, "It's nice meeting you too Maddy, and I must say that's some mighty gorgeous red hair you've got going on there."
Sure gotta figure the new HC likes what she sees and is anxious to get on the field and run around with these gals a bit. I'm thinkin' it would be pretty entertaining to watch Megan, Emma, Emily, and Kayla zipping the ball around the cage and firing a few in it. The young coach has worked her way into a pretty sweet situation. I do hope, though, she doesn't stay as long as Boeheim.
Who the heck is hallie?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Simkins......a real competitor and contributor.
Got a Bianca and Jenny in the mix there too.
Not bad.
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

DMac wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:25 pm Simkins......a real competitor and contributor.
Not bad.
Only Simpkins I’ve ever heard of is Ella I’m pretty sure nobody’s heard of the other one?
There’s an entire roster of competitors it’s a matter of opportunity
DMac

Post by DMac »

Well they have now. ;)
Yup, I screwed it up, was thinking Ella when I looked at the name.
Was still a nice meeting for Kayla and players though.
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

DMac wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:52 pm Well they have now. ;)
Yup, I screwed it up, was thinking Ella when I looked at the name.
Was still a nice meeting for Kayla and players though.
Meeting with who? The players aren’t even there
DMac

Post by DMac »

The meeting in my fictional story when the not real train came rolling into town and the new coach told Maddy she's got gorgeous hair.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

DMac wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:23 pm The meeting in my fictional story when the not real train came rolling into town and the new coach told Maddy she's got gorgeous hair.
DMac, while all may not appreciate your artistic soliloquy, know that I do. Why tell people something when you can show it in a story.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

MY LORD! What has happened to you guys on this Forum? I understand that you're all thrilled about Kayla getting the job, but it seems that you also are ready to give her the NC. In the immortal words of Kimbo Slice, in the 2009 Film "Blood and Bone", "Stuff don't work like that around here Homeboy." ;)

Syracuse has not won anything yet and they may not. Let the 2021-22 season come first, then let's see what transpires.
Bart

Post by Bart »

LarryGamLax wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:39 pm MY LORD! What has happened to you guys on this Forum? I understand that you're all thrilled about Kayla getting the job, but it seems that you also are ready to give her the NC. In the immortal words of Kimbo Slice, in the 2009 Film "Blood and Bone", "Stuff don't work like that around here Homeboy." ;)

Syracuse has not won anything yet and they may not. Let the 2021-22 season come first, then let's see what transpires.
A Kimbo Slice reference? Thats bringing it from WAY downtown.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:28 am Trolling.

North Carolina did not choke. YCs happen when you need possession. Part of the game. This narrative -- that UNC choked -- does nothing but diminish what the BC kids and staff accomplished, and simply continues the senseless trolling that is your effort to provoke discussion. It's tedious.

BC played UNC three times, and was 1-2. The kids and the staff learned how to stay with UNC and reduce UNC chances, and BC got a very good game from its goalie in game three, the NCAA Semifinal. There was nothing risky about taking the ball to the cage with possession at the end of the first half. BC is up 7-5; no matter what it goes into the locker room ahead 7-5, 8-5 or worst case scenario 7-6. Any decision to try to score with 30 seconds left was smart, reasonable, and not especially aggressive.
+1000
DMac

Post by DMac »

LarryGamLax wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:39 pm MY LORD! What has happened to you guys on this Forum? I understand that you're all thrilled about Kayla getting the job, but it seems that you also are ready to give her the NC. In the immortal words of Kimbo Slice, in the 2009 Film "Blood and Bone", "Stuff don't work like that around here Homeboy." ;)

Nay, nay, no one's ready to give her the NC yet. As you note, some of us are thrilled to have her and think there's a lot of potential here, that's all. Of course the definition of potential is you haven't done it yet but speaking for myself I'm anxious to see how it all works out.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Thank you, Creator, for giving us the greatest game of them all, and thank you for the mulberries too. I hope you're not terribly upset that the girls are playing your game now, and while there's a bit of hip bumping going on now and then I
don't think it's having any affect on their gift to bear children. Hopefully you're enjoying the grace and beauty of their
game and surely you've got to love the cradling, running and passing. For sure you can't be upset when watching that, the girls are just killin' it!

A newly discovered mulberry bush/tree, can be called either, in the yard. Never saw it before, never knew it was there. It's/they're kinda growin' up inside another bush. Suddenly mulberries. Lots of them that just keep coming. Very tasty little berries, those mulberries (not the first time I've had them). Wanted to do something with them, made some mulberry syrup and I must say it's mighty damn tasty. Simple to do, minimal effort.
So why put this on the Cuse thread? For no particular reason other than I thought I'd share that with you huckleberries.
Question, if you make it out of Italian bread is it still French toast? :?: :mrgreen:
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

I wonder how much Treanor will change the tendencies of the Orange. In my time watching them over the years, Syracuse can lay the lumber. Or to put it another way, they can be kind of thuggy with their sticks. In a couple most recent examples in the final vs BC, as it got down toward the waning minutes, Sam Swart crosschecked BC goalie Rachel Hall to the ground at 3:10 of the 2nd for an unreleasable yellow*. Earlier in the 1st half, elder sister Tyrrell extended the knee so that Belle Smith would crash into it as she stumbled from the crosscheck from younger sister Tyrrell*. I have to think that kind of thing was encouraged. I know some coaches approve of the rough stuff as a part of the strategy to rattle, distract or intimidate the opponent. Saw it with Kennedy cranking Ortega in the Stony Brook at Carolina game earlier this year. And I'm sure there are other examples. I know Northwestern has a reputation for being stick-y and thuggy too. Florida can be thuggy. We shall see...

DMac

Post by DMac »

The eagle soars at the new day's dawn while momma bear takes her cubs to the mulberry bush where there's savory treats a plenty. The lion roars and the pride moves on to face new challenges in the brutal game of survival. The buzzard though picks morsels from the bones of those who didn't make it and thrives in the stench of those who fought and died. Nasty things, those buzzards are.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

^^^ :D

Are any of the women's teams taught not to be physical?

Is there any team for which one couldn't find examples of hard fouls and then call it "thuggy"???

Those particular fouls look to me like frustration, not "thuggy" or especially intimidating anyway.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:24 pm ^^^ :D

Are any of the women's teams taught not to be physical?

Is there any team for which one couldn't find examples of hard fouls and then call it "thuggy"???

Those particular fouls look to me like frustration, not "thuggy" or especially intimidating anyway.
nail meet hammer...you are spot on. To the sports radio fan, ie, casual fan, they can't tell the difference between those and the NW fouls. :lol: :lol: :lol:
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

Cletus wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:19 am I wonder how much Treanor will change the tendencies of the Orange. In my time watching them over the years, Syracuse can lay the lumber. Or to put it another way, they can be kind of thuggy with their sticks. In a couple most recent examples in the final vs BC, as it got down toward the waning minutes, Sam Swart crosschecked BC goalie Rachel Hall to the ground at 3:10 of the 2nd for an unreleasable yellow*. Earlier in the 1st half, elder sister Tyrrell extended the knee so that Belle Smith would crash into it as she stumbled from the crosscheck from younger sister Tyrrell*. I have to think that kind of thing was encouraged. I know some coaches approve of the rough stuff as a part of the strategy to rattle, distract or intimidate the opponent. Saw it with Kennedy cranking Ortega in the Stony Brook at Carolina game earlier this year. And I'm sure there are other examples. I know Northwestern has a reputation for being stick-y and thuggy too. Florida can be thuggy. We shall see...

Why do you always feel the need to slander and unjustly criticize Syracuse?

There was nothing "thuggy" about any of those free fouls. Swart's foul was an unnecessary frustration foul with time waning down in the game; Rachel Hall definitely helped selling that foul by dramatically falling down like she did. Emma Tyrrell's first yellow card foul should not have been a yellow card. Those types of pushes/crosschecks happen all the time when a team is transitioning up the field and most of them are not whistled as yellow card fouls. Tyrrell's second yellow card was warranted because she did make contact with the neck/head area. However, her stick accidentally slid up the player's back and then into the head/neck area; she definitely didn't intend to make contact there. And honestly, this whole series of events began when Belle Smith checked Meaghan Tyrrell as she was dodging to cage. Smith's check was very close to Tyrrell's head and could've very easily been called a foul. Obviously the Tyrrell sisters thought this as well which is why they "retaliated" (if you can call it that) in the way they did.

I also love how you criticize and bash those other schools for being so savage in their thuggery. As if Boston College also isn't equally physical and brutish when they're being tested by an equally good team.

Syracuse and Boston College played 4 times in a single season. This should never happen. And it most certainly shouldn't happen to decide the national champion. The only game Boston College was better than Syracuse was that fourth and final meeting. BC was just lucky to win that first game in the series. Between Carney going down and Jenn Medjid's illegal follow through not being called, BC was gifted the outcome of that contest.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cagekeeper wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:45 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:25 pm Simkins......a real competitor and contributor.
Not bad.
Only Simpkins I’ve ever heard of is Ella I’m pretty sure nobody’s heard of the other one?
Your posts seem to suggest an unfairness in the Syracuse program under Gait about playing time, who starts, etc. Am I reading this wrong? If not, I would love to know who is on the sidelines that ought to have been getting minutes or more minutes. So...????
Bart

Post by Bart »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:44 pm
Not bad.
Your posts seem to suggest an unfairness in the Syracuse program under Gait about playing time, who starts, etc. Am I reading this wrong? If not, I would love to know who is on the sidelines that ought to have been getting minutes or more minutes. So...????
Unfairness? I often wonder about things like this. It would suggest a coach is purposely not putting the best team on the field she/he feels gives them the best shot at winning. I just don’t see that happening.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Bart wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:25 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:44 pm
Not bad.
Unfairness? I often wonder about things like this. It would suggest a coach is purposely not putting the best team on the field she/he feels gives them the best shot at winning. I just don’t see that happening.
It’s an honest curiosity question. Cagekeeper has posted a handful of times (“nepotism”) that, to me, appeared to suggest that Gary didn’t play kids who either deserved to play or deserved a shot. I’m honestly wondering (if that’s what he meant and, if so) who these players are.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”