January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:20 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:15 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:12 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:58 pm White Rage :?: ...in the military, to boot. :roll:
Not sure what you are referring to?

If referring to Milley's comment, he was speaking specifically to wanting to understand the "white rage" expressed on Jan 6.
It was part of his testimony when he was defending the book under question on the CNO's recommended reading list.
Actually, he was asked whether he wanted to respond to the question put to Secretary Austin from Gaetz regarding the teaching of Critical Race Theory in the military, including West Point. He'd indicated a desire to speak to it, but Gaetz wouldn't let him speak. He was some ticked off. Ripped Gaetz pretty good as they say.

His comment about wanting to learn about 'white rage' was specific to Jan 6.
The quote's are in here.
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your ... communism/
He was responding to a question from Rep Waltz (Green Beret Colonel) about "white rage" being discussed in a "voluntary talk" at West Point.
...let's see if White Rage is a new woke talking point.
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:23 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:58 pm White Rage :?: ...in the military, to boot. :roll:

If referring to Milley's comment, he was speaking specifically to wanting to understand the "white rage" expressed on Jan 6.
It was part of his testimony when he was defending the book under question on the CNO's recommended reading list.
Actually, he was asked whether he wanted to respond to the question put to Secretary Austin from Gaetz regarding the teaching of Critical Race Theory in the military, including West Point. He'd indicated a desire to speak to it, but Gaetz wouldn't let him speak. He was some ticked off. Ripped Gaetz pretty good as they say.

The quote's are in here.
He was responding to a question from Rep Waltz (Green Beret Colonel) about "white rage" being discussed in a "voluntary talk" at West Point.
Here's the link between Gen Milley's testimony & CNO's the day prior.
https://taskandpurpose.com/news/navy/us ... ntiracist/

...Cotton concluded that the book’s inclusion on the list as a waste of time. “Assigning books like these is not a way for the Navy to regain its focus, admiral,” he said.

The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, however, spoke on Wednesday about the importance of reading books to gain an understanding of different perspectives, even ones that you disagree with...
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:30 pm

The quote's are in here.
Here's the link between Gen Milley's testimony & CNO's the day prior.
https://taskandpurpose.com/news/navy/us ... ntiracist/

...Cotton concluded that the book’s inclusion on the list as a waste of time. “Assigning books like these is not a way for the Navy to regain its focus, admiral,” he said.

The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, however, spoke on Wednesday about the importance of reading books to gain an understanding of different perspectives, even ones that you disagree with...
Former enlisted Marine joins the discussion.
https://twitter.com/JDVance1/status/1408409641160224778
JD Vance took his white rage into the Marine Corps, then on to OSU on the GI Bill, then to Yale Law School, then into venture capital, best selling book & screenplay & who knows, maybe next, to the Senate. ...his white rage is understated, rational, calm & soft spoken.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:58 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:54 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:14 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:41 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:16 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:03 am
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:06 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:38 pm FTR, if you were one of the bidness owners who watched their inventory walk out the door and then watched their bidness torched...you think they give a flying fig about the assault on the capital? :roll:
Yes. You can care about both...
Absolutely we should care about both. One should not exclusive of the other. I'm betting that there will never again be a successful attack on the US Capital. I'm also willing to bet that looting, robbery and arson will continue on for the foreseeable future.
Why would you 'bet' on the first?
OAN just had a pundit say that the 'tens of thousands of illegal voters in 2020' are 'traitors' and 'should be executed'. The radicalization is accelerating, not diminishing.

Meanwhile, the GOP is brazenly changing state laws that would allow them to ignore actual votes cast and substitute the judgment of the existing GOP legislature instead...read that again, ignore actual votes cast.

Do you really think that if these efforts by the Trumpist GOP fail to overturn democracy, the radicalization response won't be violent? For that matter, if the GOP is successful do you really think that the radicalized right won't be violent to maintain that control?
What is their game plan? IMO they shot their wad with the capital protest. You seem to think the FR extremists have plans to protest on the streets every day like Antifa. I don't see that sort of dedication to the cause at all.
First of all, "Antifa" is not primarily who was on the streets, nor leading, in most of the protests in the US last summer, the largest civil rights protests in the US, ever, and simultaneously sparking the largest civil rights protests around the world, ever.

The violence was sporadic, though highly destructive. But it was a very small subset of what was occurring. And what was really occurring scares the bejeebus out of a huge part of the white American electorate. Whites marching with black and brown for justice...

Back to the right wing extremists, sure, I don't think we're likely to soon see widespread violent protests akin to Jan 6 and Michigan etc, not while they are being successful in securing their societal position and political control through the sorts of changes I described where they can literally ignore voters. They believe these efforts are going to be successful.

Game plan? they are focused on school board recalls all under the specious accusation of Critical Race Theory etc. Recall votes, grassroots organizing, all based on white racial resentment and fear. "white rage". Drummed up and organized by the right wing media, guys like Bannon, and the GOP proper. They are showing up, howling, at school board meetings, they're demanding that teachers wear body cameras so that they can be monitored for whether they mention "Tulsa Massacre" etc..."too divisive"...

Bannon says this strategy is all about creating the next "Tea Party" style movement which helped with their mid-term turnout.

Trump is going on the campaign trail this coming week. All about "Take Back America"...what's the percentage of R's who believe the election was actually stolen, that Trump is actually the rightful President???

They're not done, because they see this as existential...whether this is conscious (the manipulators of this backlash) or unconscious, it's a huge movement.
So I go back to my original point
If your the store owner who watched his inventory walk out the door and then watched while his business was burned to the ground... those were not FRC dumpster people dojing that. Oddly enough way too many of the folks on this forum just pass over that like it never even happened. Many of these store owners lost every penny they ever had. Where is your empathy for them? The protest at the capital has changed security there forever. That is not the case for the poor store owner that went out of business. Stunning it is the lack of understanding and empathy for so many people that lost everything they had from the FLP elitists on this forum. I always thought all of you were on the side of all the common folks. I guess I was wrong about that. :roll:
You assume this lack of empathy, but have no basis for that claim.

Pretty simple, really, we can empathize with the store owner at the same time we empathize with the capitol policeman overwhelmed and beaten by a mob. It's not an either/or, never has been.

This thread, however, is not about the store owner, thus you'll see little on that topic on this thread. Unless it's from those seeking to conflate the concerns, in order to deflect from the reality of an actual insurrection against democracy.

But hey, you got a plus 1 from the troll, so there's that.
I can assume that because it is pretty obvious. I think most of the posters on this thread don't care about these bidness owner one little bit. Yes my point is a bit of a tangent from the title of this thread. No stone is being left unturned by law enforcement to find and prosecute the people that defiled our Capital building. The people who robbed, looted and burned all those bidnesses by and large got away scott free and will probably do it again when the opportunity arises. The vast majority of our forum members are tripping over one another demanding justice for those protesters in DC. I don't think I have heard a peep out of anybody about the travesty of justice in many DAs refusing to prosecute these criminals. They may not win in court but being too scared to even try is an embarrassment to the concept of what justice is all about.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

BTW MD, this is for you... +1 ;)

Now don't you feel like you did something wrong? :D
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:00 am BTW MD, this is for you... +1 ;)

In order for MD to empathize with a bidnessman, that fella needs to have attended an Ivy for undergrad, a top-10 for B School (how else does one know business without attending b-school?!?!! :lol: ), and rotated in a two year training program at an elite investment bank. Polish the resume, then MD accepts you in the club. :lol:

But even then, hey, white rage is white rage and one must repent for ones ancestors of 300 years ago!

(ps: lefties couldn’t care less in fifty lifetimes about any innocent business owner about a Floyd riot or frankly a pandemic shutdown causing bankruptcy; most libs assume government creates jobs)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:00 am BTW MD, this is for you... +1 ;)

:D
you're not the troll...when I get a plus one from him I'll worry.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

The quote's are in here.
https://www.npr.org/2021/06/23/10095928 ... e-military

Actually, he was responding to Rep Houlahan asking him if he wanted to respond to the exchange Gaetz had with Austin. He'd wanted to speak then, but Gaetz claimed the time. Watch the actual exchange...this is what has the right wingers heads exploding. You cool with Carlson, Salty?

Edit: He did also address Rep Waltz and his additional questioning directly when he referred to Waltz' service as a fellow Green Beret.

Actual text of Milley:
The text doesn't do full justice to the tone...watch it.

A lot of us have to get much smarter on whatever the theory is, but I do think it’s important, actually, for those of us in uniform to be open-minded and be widely read.

The United States Military Academy is a university. And it is important that we train, and we understand ― and I want to understand white rage. And I’m white, and I want to understand it.

So, what is it that caused thousands of people to assault this building, and try to overturn the Constitution of the United States of America? What caused that? I want to find that out.

I want to maintain an open mind here, and I do want to analyze it. It’s important that we understand that because our soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines and guardians, they come from the American people. So it is important that the leaders, now and in the future, understand it.

I’ve read Mao Zedong. I’ve read ― I’ve read Karl Marx. I’ve read Lenin ― that doesn’t make me a communist.
So what is wrong with understanding, having some situational understanding about the country for which we are here to defend?

And I personally find it offensive that we are accusing the United States military, general officers, commissioned and noncommissioned officers of being quote ‘woke,’ or something else because we’re studying some theories that are out there.
That was started at Harvard Law School, years ago. And it proposed that there were laws in the United States, antebellum laws prior to the Civil War, that led to a power differential with African-Americans, that were three-quarters of a human being, when this country was formed.

And then we had a Civil War and Emancipation Proclamation to change it. And we brought it up to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and it took another hundred years [of segregation] to change that. So look, I do want to know, and I respect your service ― and you and I are both Green Berets ― but I want to know.

And it matters to our military and the discipline, the cohesion of this military, and I thank you for the opportunity to make a comment on that.”
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Our resident Trumpnista will have to explain how demanding "defund the military" is going to help their cause come 2022 and thereafter. I am sure Goebbels can tell us. :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:28 am
Actual text of Milley:

The United States Military Academy is a university. And it is important that we train, and we understand ― and I want to understand white rage. And I’m white, and I want to understand it.

And I personally find it offensive that we are accusing the United States military, general officers, commissioned and noncommissioned officers of being quote ‘woke,’ or something else because we’re studying some theories that are out there.
The service academies do not offer majors in philosophy, sociology, theology or ethnic studies.
By endorsing such content, the SecDef & Chiefs are implicitly casting doubt on the loyalty of their troops.
This is not an academic exercise, it is pandering to their woke partisan civilian leaders, using their troops as a captive audience.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:53 am
Actual text of Milley:

The service academies do not offer majors in philosophy, sociology, theology or ethnic studies.
By endorsing such content, the SecDef & Chiefs are implicitly casting doubt on the loyalty of their troops.
This is not an academic exercise, it is pandering to their woke partisan civilian leaders, using their troops as a captive audience.
:roll:

Yeah, you agree with Carlson, then?

Seriously?

I know you're deep down the rathole, but seriously, you go there?
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:05 am
Actual text of Milley:

Seriously?
Who's Carlson ? I can think for myself ? I do agree with JD Vance, who I linked.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:07 am
Actual text of Milley:

Seriously?
Who's Carlson ? I can think for myself ? I do agree with JD Vance, who I linked.
I didn't ask whether you agree with Vance.
I asked you whether you agree with Carlson.

I'm having a hard time believing you don't know what he said about Milley.

https://www.newsweek.com/tucker-carlson ... ts-1604029
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:09 am
Actual text of Milley:

Seriously?
Who's Carlson ? I can think for myself. I do agree with JD Vance, who I linked.

I did not see Carlson (who I know as Tucker), in context or excerpted.
I do not agree with the tone or pejoratives attributed to him in your link.

I do agree with what JD Vance tweeted, which is why I linked it.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Actual text of Milley:

Service academies aren’t Universities?
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:32 am I am sure Goebbels can tell us. :lol: :lol:
So says Dr Mengele.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:19 am
Actual text of Milley:

Seriously?

It's worth actually seeing Tucker Carlson's comments in his own tone of voice:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tucke ... ley-a-pig/

Here's one response.
https://taskandpurpose.com/news/tucker- ... y-attacks/

These are your fellas, Salty. That's what they're selling out there.
Them and Vlad.

Re Vance, he let his mask slip sometime ago.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:47 am
Actual text of Milley:

Seriously?

Here's one response.

Them and Vlad.

Milley is leaving Afghanistan after 20 years and trillions of dollars, and thousands of lost American lives, turning it over to the Taliban.

Glad he’s woke though.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:13 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:47 am
Actual text of Milley:

Seriously?

Here's one response.

Them and Vlad.

Milley is leaving Afghanistan after 20 years and trillions of dollars, and thousands of lost American lives, turning it over to the Taliban.

Glad he’s woke though.
I'm not sure that during 20 years of fighting the US military ever figured out what the rules of engagement were suppose to be. A good starting point was when someone was shooting at you. That was not necessarily the case in Afghanistan. Hell you had to worry about the Afghans on your side lighting you up if you weren't paying close attention.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”