OSVAlacrosse

Re: VA Public School Lacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

Riverside is still clearly the best team in VA
Jumboslax27

Post by Jumboslax27 »

NoVaLacrosse wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:27 am
123 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:30 am Battlefield by 2 in the final. Yorktown prone to some bad turnovers and penalties, will catch up with them tonight. Yorktown if you are reading this, it is still not too late to self correct.
Not to take any credit from the winner who will have earned it, this year seems more like a rock/paper/scissors with matchups compared with some recent years where there were more dominant teams. How good was Robinson who lost both of their only tough games?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Oakton beat Langley by 5 in the regular season, and only lose to Madison by 2? And Chantilly lost in OT to Madison. Oakton and Chantilly were no slouches by any means, and Robinson beat both of them by 10 or more. So to say Robinson lost it's only two tough games, is simply not true.

This year seemed more like rock/paper/scissors? What do you mean by that? Your explanation is a little confusing. And if anything, Battlefield had the cakewalk to the state championship, while Yorktown had to beat some very good teams to reach the championship.
Wouldn’t these results also reinforce the whole RPS thing? I believe he meant that it all came down to matchups. Langleys best player was their fogo. However, their defense was weak and beatable. Oakton beat them because they also had an excellent fogo. I will say Madison and especially Yorktown seemed a notch above the rest of the region if you paid attention to the common games. Just because they played close games, or even lost, against the next tier of teams, (Langley, Tilly, Oakton) doesn’t mean the teams are equal. Some just matched up better with others. I thought Robinson was tier 1 all year, but unfortunately you can’t ignore the fact that they lost their two biggest games of their season. Battlefield and Robo got cakewalks (besides patriot) to states. Yorktown had to battle it out with the 4 next best teams in Class 6. To me, they’re the best team besides Riverside and they will win tonight.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

Close game will be one for the record books
Jumboslax27

Post by Jumboslax27 »

Yorktown 9-8 Battlefield in OT. Lots of drama, Yorktown goalie probably has to be MVP. Yorktown was the better team IMO, but a lot of sloppy turnovers nearly cost them the game, including one at the top of the box to give Battlefield a game tying fast break with less than a minute to go. Congrats to Yorktown! Well deserved!
FXLax

Post by FXLax »

Congrats to Yorktown!! I do think they have the best unis in the state. Is this the first state championship to leave Fairfax County?
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

They deserve it. congrats.
stonewall

Post by stonewall »

For 6a i believe so. But Arlington being surrounded by Fairfax county makes that seem less dramatic. I heard it's not only the first State lacrosse title for Yorktown but the first boys State title in any sport at that school. Talk about legends. Beat 4 time state champ Langley 3 times, then on the road beat defending State champ Madison, then on the road beat all time best State champ Robinson, then on the road to beat Battlefield in OT. Looks like the year the Nats won all the road games to win the WS. That's the best team in 6A for sure. Maybe they earned a home game in the playoffs for next year? I hear they return at least 7 starters.
Crlaxy

Post by Crlaxy »

Riverside 22
Freeman 5

Freeman definitely had a few kids who could play. Riverside just has too many.
SpinalTap14

Post by SpinalTap14 »

Is it safe to declare 2021 The Year of the Blowouts? (Or Year of the Cake Walks?) Any explanations as to the disparity b/w the Haves and the Have Nots? I know a bunch of rosters lost good players or had low turnouts due to the late schedule, Beach Week, pandemic related. A few JVs had to play 7 vs 7, right? Hopefully next season better parity will return. In blowouts, no one gets better.

Team - Goals Scored - Goals Allowed - Overall Record:

Riverside - 243-42 (12-1)
Dougie Freeman - 228-71 (lost to Riverside 22-5) (11-1)
Robinson - 223-64 (13-2)
Yorktown - 189-59 (15-0)
Dominion - 218-71 (13-0)
Battlefield - 165-39 (12-1)
Lewis - 44-160 (0-10)
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

SpinalTap14 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:55 pm Is it safe to declare 2021 The Year of the Blowouts? (Or Year of the Cake Walks?) Any explanations as to the disparity b/w the Haves and the Have Nots? I know a bunch of rosters lost good players or had low turnouts due to the late schedule, Beach Week, pandemic related. A few JVs had to play 7 vs 7, right? Hopefully next season better parity will return. In blowouts, no one gets better.

Team - Goals Scored - Goals Allowed - Overall Record:

Riverside - 243-42 (12-1)
Dougie Freeman - 228-71 (lost to Riverside 22-5) (11-1)
Robinson - 223-64 (13-2)
Yorktown - 189-59 (15-0)
Dominion - 218-71 (13-0)
Battlefield - 165-39 (12-1)
Lewis - 44-160 (0-10)
If you remove the non public school game, Riverside's GD=233-26 and 12-0. 2.16 GAA
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

Hello all,

As we are in the middle of the off season and preparing for a exciting 2022 season I just thought I would put out that Fierce Nation is once again having their 10 v 10 winter league. Here is the link for some more information: http://www.fiercenationlacrosse.com/Hig ... 12th_grade

It was a great outlet for off season lacrosse last year, hope to see you all there!
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

So it looks like based on this league and fall brawl that Yorktown is still the team to beat. Hope the boys get a full season this time as lots can change. My top 10:

1. Riverside Most dominant team last season
2. Yorktown Still the the best in 6A
3. Robinson Always a top team
4. Dominion best in 4A
5. Battlefield rivalry with Patriot is what determines who is the king of PWC
6. Patriot see above
7. Madison Not sure what to expect
8. Lake Braddock two d1 commits on the starting line up will keep them in any game
9. Freedom may surprise a few teams
10. Oakton ??

This could look way different mid season
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

Madlax DMV rankings has:

For NoVA
1. Riverside
2. Yorktown
3. Robinson
4. Patriot
5. Madison

What does the rest of the top 10 look like? I am sure Battlefield and Dominion are in the mix. Who are the other top 10 teams?
SpinalTap14

Post by SpinalTap14 »

Lake Braddock scrimmaged Madison last night. Any recaps?
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

What day do the VHSL regular season games start?
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:35 am Madlax DMV rankings has:

For NoVA
1. Riverside
2. Yorktown
3. Robinson
4. Patriot
5. Madison

What does the rest of the top 10 look like? I am sure Battlefield and Dominion are in the mix. Who are the other top 10 teams?
Battlefield is definitely a top team as well. West Po and Woodson can't be forgotton either
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

Laxaholic123 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:36 am
OSVAlacrosse wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:35 am Madlax DMV rankings has:

For NoVA
1. Riverside
2. Yorktown
3. Robinson
4. Patriot
5. Madison

Battlefield is definitely a top team as well. West Po and Woodson can't be forgotton either
So if Battlefield Dominion Woodson and West Potomac are top 10 who is the last team to add top 10.
GreenEggs

Post by GreenEggs »

My 6A top 10
1. Yorktown
2. Patriot
3. Robinson
4. Battlefield
5. Langley
6. Madison
7. Lake Braddock
8. West Potomac
9. Woodson
10. One of Oakton, Westfield, Centreville, Chantilly.

Seems like a lot of teams lost a lot of talent this year. Could be very wide open at 6A this year.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

GreenEggs wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:05 pm My 6A top 10
1. Yorktown
2. Patriot
3. Robinson
4. Battlefield
5. Langley
6. Madison
7. Lake Braddock
8. West Potomac
9. Woodson
10. One of Oakton, Westfield, Centreville, Chantilly.

Seems like a lot of teams lost a lot of talent this year. Could be very wide open at 6A this year.
Solid list I would add that the Loudoun list is: Riverside, Dominion, Freedom, Champe, Stonebridge, Independence. The first three are NoVA top 10
Laxer77

Post by Laxer77 »

Did anyone catch Robinson/Riverside last night?

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”