Syracuse

D1 Womens Lacrosse
glaxer24

Re: Syracuse

Post by glaxer24 »

Cletus wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:38 am
glaxer24 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:15 am
Lacrossetheworld wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:07 am Kayla Treanor is appointed as new coach.
Didn’t see her leaving BC after winning a national championship but definitely not mad about this. Congrats Kayla and Cuse!!
How do you think she’ll do? Has there ever been a first year head coach who took the team to Championship Weekend?
She definitely plays with a mind like Gary so while it will obviously take time for everyone to adjust it won’t be as severe as if say Spallina were brought in. As for championship weekend, it’s hard to say, they are returning a lot of players and Kayla is fired up after winning her first natty. We’ll have to see…
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

Thank god the cats out of the bag.
DMac

Post by DMac »

glaxer24 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:31 am
Cletus wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:38 am
glaxer24 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:15 am
Lacrossetheworld wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:07 am Kayla Treanor is appointed as new coach.
Didn’t see her leaving BC after winning a national championship but definitely not mad about this. Congrats Kayla and Cuse!!
How do you think she’ll do? Has there ever been a first year head coach who took the team to Championship Weekend?
She definitely plays with a mind like Gary so while it will obviously take time for everyone to adjust it won’t be as severe as if say Spallina were brought in. As for championship weekend, it’s hard to say, they are returning a lot of players and Kayla is fired up after winning her first natty. We’ll have to see…
Yes she does play with a mind like Gary which I guess shouldn't come as a big surprise. I've heard her express her appreciation for having had the opportunity to play for Gary and how she sees the game as a result of his influence on her. I would think her becoming the HC also reduces any thoughts some might have had of transferring after losing Gary as their coach which is a pretty big deal in my book.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

No surprise with this announcement other than how long it took them to make it.

My only concern is if she is truly ready and experienced enough… only 5 years total coaching experience, taking over an ACC program that made the national championship game last year and the huge expectation that next season will bring with the players that are returning. Their usual schedule is a tough one with the ACC gauntlet and that’s before the usual tough non-conference games in there too :!:

It’s going to be a really big ask, being a good player is one thing, being a good coach is another but running a program and all the other associated things that come with that is completely different.

Wishing her the best in the new role!
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

laxlaxlax wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:23 pm No surprise with this announcement other than how long it took them to make it.

My only concern is if she is truly ready and experienced enough… only 5 years total coaching experience, taking over an ACC program that made the national championship game last year and the huge expectation that next season will bring with the players that are returning. Their usual schedule is a tough one with the ACC gauntlet and that’s before the usual tough non-conference games in there too :!:

It’s going to be a really big ask, being a good player is one thing, being a good coach is another but running a program and all the other associated things that come with that is completely different.

Great post Triple L. I have exactly the same, well, I will call them misgivings (but that might be too strong), particularly the management issues and the need to confidently delegate tasks and duties to others -- and here, having Defliese as the DC and Pirecca as a holdover from the Gait Era will be very helpful, if KT can keep her brain free for other things. She worked with a pro -- Lisa Miller -- for a year, and then with AWW for four years of battles, expectations, and success. She's had good mentors. Finger crossed.
Laxinfordays

Post by Laxinfordays »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:31 pm
laxlaxlax wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:23 pm No surprise with this announcement other than how long it took them to make it.

Great post Triple L. I have exactly the same, well, I will call them misgivings (but that might be too strong), particularly the management issues and the need to confidently delegate tasks and duties to others -- and here, having Defliese as the DC and Pirecca as a holdover from the Gait Era will be very helpful, if KT can keep her brain free for other things. She worked with a pro -- Lisa Miller -- for a year, and then with AWW for four years of battles, expectations, and success. She's had good mentors. Finger crossed.
Def a tall task. Keeping defliese on was smart. She knows the girls and will have some good insight for KT. It would be nice to start with a clean slate. Let everyone have a chance to prove themselves without nepotism
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

I just finished watching Kayla Treanor's Introduction and Press Conference as the new HC of Syracuse. Loved how she spoke and carried herself. Most of the questions were about her age and that's a fair concern. She was asked how she would handle discipline with her being so young and I think her answer was that it comes with the responsibilities of being a HC, thus she will handle it like any of the other things a HC has to deal with.
She talked about her great relationship with Gary Gait and I know she will have him to lean on for advice.

The Treanor Era is about to begin. Let's see where the road leads.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Syracuse will not claim Excalibur while Treanor is at the helm. The clamor for a sentimental favorite won out over a more established coach. More hard times are on the horizon for da Cuse.

Too much too soon for a first time head coach in the ACC. It’s not in her makeup. She doesn’t possess the presence to command. Syracuse’s long trek through the wilderness in search of Camelot will continue.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:25 pm Syracuse will not claim Excalibur while Treanor is at the helm. The clamor for a sentimental favorite won out over a more established coach. More hard times are on the horizon for da Cuse.

Too much too soon for a first time head coach in the ACC. It’s not in her makeup. She doesn’t possess the presence to command. Syracuse’s long trek through the wilderness in search of Camelot will continue.
Obvious and foolish troll post. The amount you don’t know relevant to this stupid post would fill books.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Cletus wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:25 pm Syracuse will not claim Excalibur while Treanor is at the helm. The clamor for a sentimental favorite won out over a more established coach. More hard times are on the horizon for da Cuse.

You’ve really stepped up your game with this one. Well done.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Minus the trash Cletus has thrown into the discussion I agree with most of what's been said here.
The trash, of course, is typical and to be expected coming from those who seek attention by being
obnoxious and filling the room with stench. All part of the non soap soaking persona of the real
sports talk guys, ya know.
Kayla's been fortunate to have been around the best probably beginning before she came to Cuse but
elevated to a different level when she got to be around Gary for four years. I'd like
to watch Gary and Kayla just running around the field playing a little catch and firing at the
cage. That in itself will elevate a hungry attacker's game. Kayla's been around some good
people and has seen quite a bit for a young coach. No way you don't learn from that and get
a pretty good feel for all phases of what it takes to be a D1 coach. Frankly, I think she'll be
able to handle it and further, when a new General comes in it's real wise to listen to the Sgt
Major's advice, and Kayla's got a couple of pretty good battle tested assistants she can get
some help/advise from while she's acclimating to her new role. She's in the spotlight and knows
it. Knew she would be when she took the job and figured she could handle it. I'm thinkin' she
can. The K Train rolled back into town. All aboard it's going to be an interesting ride.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

KT “go ahead, underestimate me, that will be fun”
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:18 am

Good observation, watcher. That kind of slight has been motivating Tom Brady from day one. If Treanor has even an ounce of what Brady has, she will do well.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:28 am

Good observation, watcher. That kind of slight has been motivating Tom Brady from day one. If Treanor has even an ounce of what Brady has, she will do well.
Well, what happened to: "It’s not in her makeup. She doesn’t possess the presence to command."

What do you mean by these statements? And how do you know about her "presence to command"?
Bart

Post by Bart »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:28 am
Cletus wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:28 am

Well, what happened to: "It’s not in her makeup. She doesn’t possess the presence to command."

What do you mean by these statements? And how do you know about her "presence to command"?
I could give you a hint but I don’t want to end up in the sin bin.
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

Why are you all even engaging in this
moonwater21

Post by moonwater21 »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:44 am Why are you all even engaging in this
+1.

Was gonna say the same thing yesterday, LAH. The funny thing is he has soooo much to say about these other programs, when he really should be worried about what’s going on there in Evanston. They’ve got bigger problems to worry about than Syracuse and especially the top tier ACC teams. :lol: :P
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

moonwater21 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:22 pm
laxagainsthumanity wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:44 am Why are you all even engaging in this
+1.

Was gonna say the same thing yesterday, LAH. The funny thing is he has soooo much to say about these other programs, when he really should be worried about what’s going on there in Evanston. They’ve got bigger problems to worry about than Syracuse and especially the top tier ACC teams. :lol: :P
Do tell about problems in Evanston ? Transfers ?
DMac

Post by DMac »

The K Train comes rolling into town (an expression I'm laying claim to as I never heard or saw it written anywhere prior to my using it awhile back...you can all use it though :D ) and one by one all the players come to greet her and introduce themselves. Hi, I'm Emily, Hi, I'm Megan, Hi, I'm Emma, Hi, I'm Emma too, Hi, I'm Sam, Hi, I'm Katelyn, Hi, I'm Hallie, Hi, I'm Sierra, and probably Maddy Baxter was there to greet her too. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Coach Treanor responded to Maddy with, "It's nice meeting you too Maddy, and I must say that's some mighty gorgeous red hair you've got going on there."
Sure gotta figure the new HC likes what she sees and is anxious to get on the field and run around with these gals a bit. I'm thinkin' it would be pretty entertaining to watch Megan, Emma, Emily, and Kayla zipping the ball around the cage and firing a few in it. The young coach has worked her way into a pretty sweet situation. I do hope, though, she doesn't stay as long as Boeheim.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

There's no question that Kayla is being handed a strong hand, arguably a National C'ship caliber hand.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”