January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:54 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:50 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:26 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:18 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:13 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:52 pm Compared to 20 years in jail for sedition, plea agreements do look attractive.

But sedition it was.

Not a tourist visit.

I'd love to hear from an "innocent" person.
Please show us that one...surely one of these 500+ a-holes was actually "innocent" of a crime.
You keep forgetting (or conveniently overlooking) that only one person was shot and killed that day, and instead focus on the fat unemployed slobs who put their feet up on Queen Nancy’s desk as if that’s a capital crime. Why is that?
Show us an "innocent" who has been charged, Petey.
I'm eager to examine just one.

Would you have pointed a firearm from less than five feet away and shot Ashli Babbitt, as she was stuck in a windowsill, unable to come through, her unarmed, with nine capital policemen already surrounding her? That’s the only question you should be asking yourself.

As to the maga slobs, most should get misdemeanor tickets for unlawful entry and probation. Nothing more. You want ‘more’ punishment because you’re not much more than a biased Democrat with irrational vengeful bloodlust. That’s all. Nothing more to it. If you could step back (you can’t), there wasn’t even a million dollars of physical damage that day.

If you hit a cop, and were arrested, a whole different story. But very few did.

Now answer about Ashli. Why kill her from five feet away?
I've discussed this ad nauseam, Petey.
Babbitt should not have breached that window. She and her cohort should not have smashed through doors chanting hang Mike Pence, calling for the death of other politicians including Pelosi. They should not have been beating on policemen hand to hand combat. They should not have been a seditious mob. Period. Guilty.

Now, as to the decision to pull the trigger, that barricade was the last in a series of fall back positions that the Capital Police had held as long as they could, fighting hand to hand at each barricade. Break past there and the mob was on the politicians and staff directly beyond. I don't have a problem with the cop's final call to pull the trigger as a last resort.

cradle would have mowed down the whole mob early on. Different tack than me.

But hey show us one of your "innocents"...let's examine that unicorn.

I already said the most of the maga boys are guilty, but only of misdemeanors. You want them to have felony records. You want them to have felonies because you aren’t rational when it comes to Trump and anyone who voted for him.

By the way, you really ought to read the following two articles to understand why you aren’t a conservative anymore.

https://theweek.com/articles/964006/ris ... servatives

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... ump-495221
Another lie...man, you're a regular machine gun of lies today Petey.
I never said anything about felonies versus misdemeanors.

I asked you to show me an "innocent" who has been charged. Just one. Let's examine that person's actions and lets see if they were 'innocent'.

This was a seditious mob.
IMO, those who were organized in advance behind such seditious intent, encouraging others to rampage, should be charged as such. Those who were not as organized, but who committed violent acts should be charged as such. Some of those will be overlapping. Others may have committed lesser crimes.

But I've yet to see a case where someone who has been charged is actually "innocent".
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:13 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:52 pm Compared to 20 years in jail for sedition, plea agreements do look attractive.

But sedition it was.

Not a tourist visit.

Please show us that one...surely one of these 500+ a-holes was actually "innocent" of a crime.
You keep forgetting (or conveniently overlooking) that only one person was shot and killed that day, and instead focus on the fat unemployed slobs who put their feet up on Queen Nancy’s desk as if that’s a capital crime. Why is that?

Would you have pointed a firearm from less than five feet away and shot Ashli Babbitt, as she was stuck in a windowsill, unable to come through, her unarmed, with nine capital policemen already surrounding her? That’s the only question you should be asking yourself.

As to the maga slobs, most should get misdemeanor tickets for unlawful entry and probation. Nothing more. You want ‘more’ punishment because you’re not much more than a biased Democrat with irrational vengeful bloodlust. That’s all. Nothing more to it. If you could step back (you can’t), there wasn’t even a million dollars of physical damage that day.

Babbitt should not have breached that window. She and her cohort should not have smashed through doors chanting hang Mike Pence, calling for the death of other politicians including Pelosi. They should not have been beating on policemen hand to hand combat. They should not have been a seditious mob. Period. Guilty.

Now, as to the decision to pull the trigger, that barricade was the last in a series of fall back positions that the Capital Police had held as long as they could, fighting hand to hand at each barricade. Break past there and the mob was on the politicians and staff directly beyond. I don't have a problem with the cop's final call to pull the trigger as a last resort.

I already said the most of the maga boys are guilty, but only of misdemeanors. You want them to have felony records. You want them to have felonies because you aren’t rational when it comes to Trump and anyone who voted for him.

By the way, you really ought to read the following two articles to understand why you aren’t a conservative anymore.

I asked you to show me an "innocent" who has been charged. Just one. Let's examine that person's actions and lets see if they were 'innocent'.

IMO, those who were organized in advance behind such seditious intent, encouraging others to rampage, should be charged as such. Those who were not as organized, but who committed violent acts should be charged as such. Some of those will be overlapping. Others may have committed lesser crimes.

But I've yet to see a case where someone who has been charged is actually "innocent".

:roll:

‘Hey unfair, I never said anything about felonies versus misdemeanors’ but ‘I do think they’re guilty of sedition’.

What country gets you a misdemeanor for sedition, MD?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:14 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:13 pm

But sedition it was.

Not a tourist visit.

:roll:

‘Hey unfair, I never said anything about felonies versus misdemeanors’ but ‘I do think they’re guilty of sedition’.

What country gets you a misdemeanor for sedition, MD?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not all 500+ arrested are guilty of sedition, knucklehead.
Those who organized with that intent should be charged with that crime.
Those who were violent with that intent should also be charged with the violence, assault, etc.

Those who were destructive of property and trespass should be charged as such.

Those who were merely trespassing, trespassing...not really rocket science.

Where's your supposed "innocent" among ANY of those charged?
Point him or her out and let's examine their case.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... Pelosi just announced a House Select Committee to investigate Jan 6 events and the lead up. Obviously she will not be held to the proposal agreed to by democrats but not republicans when they had a chance. There is no projected end date.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
CU88

Post by CU88 »

D.C. Metro Police Officer Fanone to CBS: "I'm done tiptoeing through the tulips here. The questions I have are to what extent, if any, did our political leaders involve themselves in the events of January 6? If there was participation from members of Congress, from their staff."
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU88 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:25 am D.C. Metro Police Officer Fanone to CBS: "I'm done tiptoeing through the tulips here. The questions I have are to what extent, if any, did our political leaders involve themselves in the events of January 6? If there was participation from members of Congress, from their staff."
... yup. It's time to go after office holders that conspired, aided and abetted.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:28 am
CU88 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:25 am D.C. Metro Police Officer Fanone to CBS: "I'm done tiptoeing through the tulips here. The questions I have are to what extent, if any, did our political leaders involve themselves in the events of January 6? If there was participation from members of Congress, from their staff."
... yup. It's time to go after office holders that conspired, aided and abetted.

FEA43975-E696-4D4E-B08D-07C54859D3C4.gif
FEA43975-E696-4D4E-B08D-07C54859D3C4.gif (97.96 KiB) Viewed 2496 times
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:39 pm

FEA43975-E696-4D4E-B08D-07C54859D3C4.gif
Such witty repartee as usual. On the bright side it saved us slogging through the "thousand or so words" this gif represents...
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

This sounds like a bait and switch...coming from the DC MPD. They are playing the ole' "I'm rubber your glue, whatever bounces off of me, sticks to you". The political side of the DC MPD is a mess....many a friend of rolled out, and early, just for sanity sake.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:54 pm
This sounds like a bait and switch...coming from the DC MPD. They are playing the ole' "I'm rubber your glue, whatever bounces off of me, sticks to you". The political side of the DC MPD is a mess....many a friend of rolled out, and early, just for sanity sake.

The prosecutions, no bail holds, and full on gestapo raids of some of these maga slobs is beginning to take on a political witch hunt feel,
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Is this like revisiting the Salem Witch Hunts? Can we burn the guilty heretics at the stake? We can't convict people who looted, robbed and vandalized buildings in NYC. We will find a way to convict these mother effects. I bet no DA refuses to prosecute any of these cases. ;)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:53 pm
Is this like revisiting the Salem Witch Hunts? Can we burn the guilty heretics at the stake? We can't convict people who looted, robbed and vandalized buildings in NYC. We will find a way to convict these mother effects. I bet no DA refuses to prosecute any of these cases. ;)
... this is considerably more serious, if you don't see that, ...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:03 pm
I know how serious it was. My point was now you have to prove malicious intent. It tends to get very convoluted once the lawyers start defending their clients. Is the dumb redneck that followed the mob onto the Capital and wondered around as culpable as the angry people with evil intentions? Judging and convicting people according to their level of culpability will not be easy. FTR, if you were one of the bidness owners who watched their inventory walk out the door and then watched their bidness torched...you think they give a flying fig about the assault on the capital? :roll:
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:38 pm
I know how serious it was. My point was now you have to prove malicious intent. It tends to get very convoluted once the lawyers start defending their clients. Is the dumb redneck that followed the mob onto the Capital and wondered around as culpable as the angry people with evil intentions? Judging and convicting people according to their level of culpability will not be easy. FTR, if you were one of the bidness owners who watched their inventory walk out the door and then watched their bidness torched...you think they give a flying fig about the assault on the capital? :roll:

JHU72 is too busy auditing OAN’s 31 viewers.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... as I suspected, YOU DON"T GET IT. The looter of a grocery store does not represent a threat to the nation's democracy. :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... speaking of OAN.

Petey is obviously a regular viewer. I know he can't generate all his own propaganda ... he has to outsource most of it. :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:54 am ... speaking of OAN.

Petey is obviously a regular viewer. I know he can't generate all his own propaganda ... he has to outsource most of it. :lol:

Not only have I never seen OAN, I wouldn’t know where it is on my cable list.

Unlike the left, I tend to rely on my own assessments of life rather than listen to Joy Reid and the Morning Joe car wrecks to guide me. By the way, I tend to listen often to MSNBC not to be guided, but because I like to know what the enemy is thinking.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:35 am

... as I suspected, YOU DON"T GET IT. The looter of a grocery store does not represent a threat to the nation's democracy. :roll:
That does not matter to the owner of the grocery store. He just lost everything he owned. I am afraid it is you that don't get it. The riot at the Capital was an event that lasted 2 hours. The rioting, looting and burning will keep going on for the foreseeable future. The government will hopefully learn from their security failure and move on. The bidness owner does not have the luxury of passing his/her expenses off to the taxpayers. Not that you care about that person one single bit
Bob Ross:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:38 pm FTR, if you were one of the bidness owners who watched their inventory walk out the door and then watched their bidness torched...you think they give a flying fig about the assault on the capital? :roll:
Yes. You can care about both...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

Return to “POLITICS”