2021 Coaching Carousel

D3 Mens Lacrosse
SouthernLaxGenius

Re: 2021 Coaching Carousel

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

LacrosseFan33 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:53 am
SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:36 pm
EasyRider wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:13 pm Monmouth (IL) head coaching position is open. Coach Klaiber leaving to coach at Aquinas NAIA.
Good luck to Coach Klaiber.

He definitely had the Fighting Scots going in the right direction.

Not saying this is the reason he left, but a number of these NAIA jobs are paying more than Division III gigs. That plus athletic scholarship money and housing/living can be enticing, especially for a younger coach.
Could also be that Monmouth is in the middle of nowhere and Aquinas is a couple minutes outside of downtown Grand Rapids. I would think as a young guy that could be a big factor.
Just looked up Aquinas and Grand Rapids. Great note and point. 8-)
Laxguru333

Post by Laxguru333 »

Heidelberg should have their guy by weeks end. Hearing there was an interesting pool of current HC’s and strong regional assistants, interested to see the direction they choose to go. Heidelberg has a strong athletic department, unfortunately the geographic regions that other strong sports on campus recruit will have little to no impact on the landscape of lacrosse recruiting. Though the OAC will keep getting stronger with any of these candidates going to Heidelberg.
Midwestfan2018

Post by Midwestfan2018 »

Heard some young OAC assistants for Heidelberg job. With a tough conference, goal is numbers
SouthernLaxGenius

Midwestfan2018 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:29 am Heard some young OAC assistants for Heidelberg job. With a tough conference, goal is numbers
Good for the assistant (in conference/local) getting a crack at being a HC. Probably going to be a re-occurring theme with the exception of maybe 6 of the current jobs posted in D III. Even then current HCs may not get those gigs (Amherst, Bowdoin, Denison, Gettysburg, McDaniel, Messiah) and a top assistant from a well established program may get the nod.
MarloStanfield09

Post by MarloStanfield09 »

Where are we with the McDaniel Gig?? Haven't heard any rumblings from that corner..........interesting the job is open honestly.
"You want it to be one way........ but it's the other way........."
KingPrat

Post by KingPrat »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:19 am
Probably going to be a re-occurring theme with the exception of maybe 6 of the current jobs posted in D III.
100%. Already happened with Oberlin in February. And hearing who has been interviewed for Manhattanville and a few others I think we're going to see a ton of 1st time HCs this year.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

MarloStanfield09 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:50 am Where are we with the McDaniel Gig?? Haven't heard any rumblings from that corner..........interesting the job is open honestly.
McDaniel is an anomaly to me. It's a good size, good location, good academics, good conference, good facilities, nice campus, a graduate school. I'm not saying it's 99th percentile at anything, but it's an all-around solid school, 30 minutes from Baltimore. I don't see how they go ten years without a winning record.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Anyone have any information on Guilford and where they are in their HC search?
I know the job was posted in May or April but have absolutely nothing about it.
SouthernLaxGenius

River Donkey wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:33 pm Anyone have any information on Guilford and where they are in their HC search?
I know the job was posted in May or April but have absolutely nothing about it.
New AD appointed, I know of a number of individuals who applied when it was first posted, but no follow up, even when phone calls were made. Some of those candidates have withdrawn their application.

(Speculation alert) but maybe the new AD pressed the reset button on the search :?:
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

SLG with the inside “scoop” once again. Thank you, I saw it advertised again and was curious.
formerd3

Post by formerd3 »

W&J has their guy..
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

Very quiet here in Gettysburg :?
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

Who do we this is the G’Burg front runner… alum, big D1 assistant, pro coach, or D2 champion?
Doxology

Post by Doxology »

Over on the D1 coaching thread it seems Sage went from Drew to Manhattan.
Laxguru333

Post by Laxguru333 »

Rumors coming from W&J are true, they have selected their guy. He is a current HC at a local Pittsburgh area college, recently turned university, though the W&J position is a huge step up from where he was at.

Overall solid hire and seems like he will be a great fit, just is hard to imagine more high level assistants weren’t in the mix? Maybe they didn’t have the interest, or were too expensive? The PAC should be improving with this hire and the addition of a strong young Coach. Though I am not sure if the splash was big enough to jump Grove City at the top, a place W&J sits in the PAC in most sports.
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

Laxguru333 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:26 am Rumors coming from W&J are true, they have selected their guy. He is a current HC at a local Pittsburgh area college, recently turned university, though the W&J position is a huge step up from where he was at.

Overall solid hire and seems like he will be a great fit, just is hard to imagine more high level assistants weren’t in the mix? Maybe they didn’t have the interest, or were too expensive? The PAC should be improving with this hire and the addition of a strong young Coach. Though I am not sure if the splash was big enough to jump Grove City at the top, a place W&J sits in the PAC in most sports.
;)

Add La Roche to the list
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Interesting final two (?) at G-burg. Both will check the AD's boxes, but each might leave some alums shaking their heads. Hard to please everybody.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
VTLaxGuy

Post by VTLaxGuy »

WhiteCarrera wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:42 pm Interesting final two (?) at G-burg. Both will check the AD's boxes, but each might leave some alums shaking their heads. Hard to please everybody.
I get that people don't like to drop names sometimes, so I won't ask for that; but any further info about backgrounds of these finalists? D3 Head Guys? D3 Assistants? What conference? D1 / D2 assistants?

Thanks-
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

VTLaxGuy wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:11 pm
I get that people don't like to drop names sometimes, so I won't ask for that; but any further info about backgrounds of these finalists? D3 Head Guys? D3 Assistants? What conference? D1 / D2 assistants?

Thanks-
Yea, I’m at the point where I really don’t expect to see anything useful in this thread until actual announcement is made, and then someone will just post a link.

Otherwise all it is is “I hear _____ is real close” , “____ has their man announcement next week” , “you’ll be really happy with _____’s choice.”

If you’re in a position where you’ve been asked to say not to say anything, feel free to just go ahead and not say anything, that’s totally understandable.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

WhiteCarrera wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 3:50 pm Completely agree --
Hiring the right coach will be different at every school.
Right now, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in a bunch of places.
I do have some scoop on one of those top 5 but
Sorry, not my place to share.

By the end of next week though
Unknowns will start to clear up.
Right now I'm just gonna sit back and wait,
Kick my feet up and
Enjoy a long weekend.
I get it, Deep Pocket - always a slippery slope with how much of whose info to share. At least with Wabash, I tried to spell it out and gave you this post two weeks before they announced. (Just take the first letter of each line)

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”