Transfer Portal

D1 Womens Lacrosse
TNLAX

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by TNLAX »

Which school that finished in the top 10 this year is not a real good school academically?
laxstan8

Post by laxstan8 »

TNLAX wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:04 pm Which school that finished in the top 10 this year is not a real good school academically?
Duke
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

laxstan8 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:08 pm
TNLAX wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:04 pm Which school that finished in the top 10 this year is not a real good school academically?
Duke
Northwestern?
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:36 pm
laxstan8 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:08 pm
Duke
Northwestern?
Wait, NW finished in the top 10?
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

SBU, Florida. Maryland.
laxstan8

Post by laxstan8 »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:23 pm
SBU, Florida. Maryland.
False
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

UNC. Got caught graduating illiterates for over 20 years.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:05 am

^^^^^this
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:36 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:05 am

^^^^^this
100% accurate on the men’s side
ProudPapa

Post by ProudPapa »

SBU, Florida. Maryland.
Are you suggesting that Loyola and Syracuse are better schools than Florida?
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

ProudPapa wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:54 am
SBU, Florida. Maryland.

UMD has the most impressive famous/impactful alumni outside of Michigan and some of the Ivys.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:59 am
SBU, Florida. Maryland.

UMD has the most impressive famous/impactful alumni outside of Michigan and some of the Ivys.
This is a contact sport on the men's forum, where someone occasionally has the audacity to say something like "Cornell is not as Ivy as Princeton" and heads explode all over the country.

College is what the individual kid makes of it, and the variables of location, size of the student body, tailgate culture, degree programs and graduate programs, the prominence, style, coaching staff of the team, etc., for which the kid wants to play blow past academic rigor or reputation.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:20 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:59 am
SBU, Florida. Maryland.

This is a contact sport on the men's forum, where someone occasionally has the audacity to say something like "Cornell is not as Ivy as Princeton" and heads explode all over the country.

College is what the individual kid makes of it, and the variables of location, size of the student body, tailgate culture, degree programs and graduate programs, the prominence, style, coaching staff of the team, etc., for which the kid wants to play blow past academic rigor or reputation.
'

This was going to be my follow-on point ... thanks Sea for making it. Motivated kids can get an excellent education at any of these schools, hopefully with the full support and encouragement of their coach and team culture with respect to the "student" component of student athlete. A rookie coach in the Ivys announces at the first team meeting that in her playing days, the team motto was "Cs get degrees". Not exactly a good fit, LOL!
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:24 pm

'

This was going to be my follow-on point ... thanks Sea for making it. Motivated kids can get an excellent education at any of these schools, hopefully with the full support and encouragement of their coach and team culture with respect to the "student" component of student athlete. A rookie coach in the Ivys announces at the first team meeting that in her playing days, the team motto was "Cs get degrees". Not exactly a good fit, LOL!
One of the lacrosse captains at Loyola was ranked the number one student in the whole university for her graduating class. So, motivated kids can get an excellent education. Now, you could argue the value of being #1 at Loyola versus any of the other institutions in this thread, but I support your comment above.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:55 pm

'

One of the lacrosse captains at Loyola was ranked the number one student in the whole university for her graduating class. So, motivated kids can get an excellent education. Now, you could argue the value of being #1 at Loyola versus any of the other institutions in this thread, but I support your comment above.
I never finished high school; got my GED and started working when I was 17. By the time I was 20, I realized that I needed some learning and drifted back into school, first summer and night school to convince my workmanlike State school to let me interact with the rest of the student body. Once in, I was essentially a zealot for books and learning and teachers who would talk and make themselves available. The education I got was excellent, but I got a lot of it by being a motivated pain in the a**. In the course of my time as a lawyer, I have met Harvard and Chicago and Stanford law graduates and, happily, many of them are just as able and motivated as the many who went to second echelon schools. At a certain point, the rarified veneer of the school just stops mattering and the work product and job is about you. I've never had a Judge ask me, "wait a second Mr. Seacoaster; where'd you go to college and law school?"
Dasher

Post by Dasher »

The University of Richmond women's lacrosse program has added Marist College graduate transfer goalkeeper Delaney Galvin for the 2022 season.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:19 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:55 pm

'

I never finished high school; got my GED and started working when I was 17. By the time I was 20, I realized that I needed some learning and drifted back into school, first summer and night school to convince my workmanlike State school to let me interact with the rest of the student body. Once in, I was essentially a zealot for books and learning and teachers who would talk and make themselves available. The education I got was excellent, but I got a lot of it by being a motivated pain in the a**. In the course of my time as a lawyer, I have met Harvard and Chicago and Stanford law graduates and, happily, many of them are just as able and motivated as the many who went to second echelon schools. At a certain point, the rarified veneer of the school just stops mattering and the work product and job is about you. I've never had a Judge ask me, "wait a second Mr. Seacoaster; where'd you go to college and law school?"
I truly believe in Mr. Gladwell's big fish, small pond theory as it applies to education (and life). He wrote in David and Goliath that it is better to be a high performer at an "Average" school than to be middle of the pack at a prestigious school.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Dasher wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:24 pm The University of Richmond women's lacrosse program has added Marist College graduate transfer goalkeeper Delaney Galvin for the 2022 season.

She only played in 8 games this past season, but her Sv. Pct was almost 52%. She's going to a stronger program at Richmond, with more talented players. Should be a good fit for her and the Richmond team.
laxstan8

Post by laxstan8 »

Do we know who Spallina picked up?
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Nobody strong enough to make up for the loss of TO, Kennedy and Huff.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”