Hobart 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
FL-GO

Re: Hobart 2019

Post by FL-GO »

The depth is encouraging but Canisius doesn’t have a lot going for it. Old issues of D not sliding as well as they should and O being about 1-2 guys while others watch (ie, where is the ball movement?!?) needs to change before CU comes to Geneva (for the first time since when? 2013?) and Gate who upset SU (!!!) plays the Statesmen in a couple of weeks.

Have a good week of practice and travel well to Siena. A 2-0 start would be nice.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

The team is finally practicing in the new indoor facility. It will give them a better (warmer/dryer) place to work on the spacing as things looked a bit jumbled v Canisius. Hopefully Justin Scott can get himself back in gear. he was our leading goal scorer last yer and had some clutch performances. Wold love to see Bryan Hancock back running on offense. Jason Knox, Brad Simas and Derek Madonna are all capable of having great freshmen seasons. Hopefully Mueller returns soon.The D has real depth with some excellent FYs to boot. Revenge against Siena would be sweet.
Last edited by oldbartman on Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Hats off to Pedeccini and Knox for record-breaking efforts. Love the hunger we see right now. This team has a special feel to it -- on and off of the field they are supportive and close. The assist numbers show that, as does the depth and the number of healthy players. These guys take care of each other. The coaches deserve lots of credit for that ethos; they are recruiting with both talent and character in mind. An upward trend in that regard started 10 years ago under TW, and it is about to yield its best fruit yet. The occasional sloppiness can be chalked up to over-exuberance and excitement, but it is much better to see that than to see a flat team. Seems like they've lost the fear of shooting that they've had over the last few years. Would love to see the goals against down at the 7 to 8 point level, but that will come and there is plenty of depth at D. Wonderful to have two starting goalies, and experienced backup with Doc and a future starter in reserve with Drennan. Big test against Cornell on Friday. Mark the support for the team by the fan turnout at the Boz.
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

Explosive! They can score and we have lots of weapons. Big Red is the first of many tests for this group-can’t wait to see how they respond.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Good luck to the Statesmen on Friday. It sounds like they're ready, and February in the Finger Lakes often provides equalising conditions.
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

Cornell is pretty loaded. Hopefully the Statesmen take advantage of some rust and give themselves a chance in the second half. LV lax lines will probably have Bart as 4.5-5 goal underdog. LFG.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Lucchesi looked pretty good in goal.
nmdivot

Post by nmdivot »

FL-GO wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:28 pm Cornell is pretty loaded. Hopefully the Statesmen take advantage of some rust and give themselves a chance in the second half. LV lax lines will probably have Bart as 4.5-5 goal underdog. LFG.
I’d like to see the over/under....40?
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Wow! 2 games into the season and by early reviews we have more offensive depth than I expected. Surprised Justin Scott is #13 on scoring. Hope Brad Simas starts connecting. I have high hopes for both of them and all the offense.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

FL-GO wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:28 pm Cornell is pretty loaded. Hopefully the Statesmen take advantage of some rust and give themselves a chance in the second half. LV lax lines will probably have Bart as 4.5-5 goal underdog. LFG.
5Dimes has actual live spreads on some games. I'd go by those more than what LV Lax twitter account has.

But for the record, LV Lax twitter has this game as:
Hobart +4
Cornell -410/Hobart +360 (there's no way the vig would be this small on a live money line)
O/U 22.5
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

Hey guys! I didn't even know this existed until this morning!

We need to get it done Friday night! I need bragging rights down here . . . Saint Andrew's and Jupiter play Friday at 7:00pm in Jupiter and I need a 2 for 1!
PDSlax

Post by PDSlax »

Does anyone know Hobart has moved to providing live streams of the games for free, or are we still required to pay for Sidearm's glitchy service?
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

I haven't had to pay for a home game for two years
PDSlax

Post by PDSlax »

Maybe I'm not remembering accurately. I'm finding that this is happening more and more.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Good Luck Statesmen!

May the better team win, and both squads stay healthy.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Cornell up 11-8 at the half.

Looks cold in Geneva! Mid 80s here in South Georgia, which seems much better.
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
DMac

Post by DMac »

Nah, that's a pretty mild evening in the Lake Trout Capitol Of The World at this time of year.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Well played, Statesmen! Highest goal tally in 138 years.
molo

Post by molo »

No one likes to hear about moral victories, but I think we just saw one. FOGO is excellent and could use some help from his wings. Goalie play was a problem in the first half, much better in the second. Putting up 16 against a top four or five team is impressive.
laxjuris

Post by laxjuris »

As I mentioned on the Cornell thread, I was impressed with Hobart’s offensive talent. Lots of guys who can pass and score. Your FOGO is one tough dude too. Hobart’s defense looked suspect, although Cornell’s D wasn’t exactly stellar.

The Statesmen have a lot to look forward to this season, and you have to like their chances in the NEC.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”