All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

PizzaSnake

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by PizzaSnake »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea ... 684857002/

"Falling rates of COVID-19 across the United States mask a harsh reality – the overwhelming majority of those getting sick and being hospitalized today are unvaccinated, while vaccinated patients are becoming rare.

Hospitals in states with the lowest vaccination rates tend to have more COVID-19 patients in intensive care units, according to hospital data collected in the past week by the Department of Health and Human Services and vaccination rates published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:59 pm ^ even if this myth was true it would be better if such germs were found on the mask surface (which can be washed immediately after each use) than in your lungs where it cannot be purged so readily ;)
Mask did its job.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:54 pm Masks are disgusting. Let’s just say you’re better off without them.

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz ... s-bacteria

The lab used a method called proteomics to extract proteins from the masks and sequence them. The analysis detected the following 11 alarmingly dangerous pathogens on the masks:

Streptococcus pneumoniae (pneumonia)
Mycobacterium tuberculosis (tuberculosis)
Neisseria meningitidis (meningitis, sepsis)
Acanthamoeba polyphaga (keratitis and granulomatous amebic encephalitis)
Acinetobacter baumanni (pneumonia, bloodstream infections, meningitis, UTIs — resistant to antibiotics)
Escherichia coli (food poisoning)
Borrelia burgdorferi (causes Lyme disease)
Corynebacterium diphtheriae (diphtheria)
Legionella pneumophila (Legionnaires' disease)
Staphylococcus pyogenes serotype M3 (severe infections — high morbidity rates)
Staphylococcus aureus (meningitis, sepsis)
... gee, I wonder where all those germs came from? We should probably terminate the carrier. The little germ bags attached to the masks were the source. :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:16 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:59 pm ^ even if this myth was true it would be better if such germs were found on the mask surface (which can be washed immediately after each use) than in your lungs where it cannot be purged so readily ;)
Mask did its job.

I immediately put my used mask into a hot water wash and it gets purged of any possible germs. So much better to deal with contagion on a mask as opposed to dealing with it once it's in your lungs.

Remember when SARS broke out in China? I remember reading where researchers found germs on the sides and roof tops of buildings. Obviously these germs are pushed around by the winds and can readily spread anywhere. Thus, no surprise why it can get on your mask. But the obvious solution to that is to simply wash the mask after every use. This way any chance of contagion is gone.

It's what smart people do.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:52 pm
Mask did its job.

I immediately put my used mask into a hot water wash and it gets purged of any possible germs. So much better to deal with contagion on a mask as opposed to dealing with it once it's in your lungs.

Remember when SARS broke out in China? I remember reading where researchers found germs on the sides and roof tops of buildings. Obviously these germs are pushed around by the winds and can readily spread anywhere. Thus, no surprise why it can get on your mask. But the obvious solution to that is to simply wash the mask after every use. This way any chance of contagion is gone.

I have a KN-95. If you have 4 or 5 and rotate them everyday, you also won’t have a problem. PB has e. Coli on his mask because he doesn’t wash his hands after using the bathroom.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:14 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:09 pm I think you're confusing 72 with our gator Petey...how you could get them mixed up, I dunno, but Petey was the one flacking Gilead. Had we all have invested when he was doing so, we'd have lost a bundle. Kinda similar to every other prediction he's made, whether in lax or otherwise on these threads...I think he's batting close to zero on predictions at this point. Really, really hard to be so consistently wrong, but one would do well betting on black if Petey bets on red.

Dr. Moore's comments on this were credible and reserved.
The obnoxious non-expert was not.
Very different approaches and motivations.

And yes, I was early and frequent in my expressed concern about the Trump Admin's failures to plan the distribution and tracking of the vaccine...I was hoping they actually were going to do far better, but the reality proved to be that they screwed the pooch as was feared they'd do.

So, this certainly opens the door for critique over the inability to know for certain the degree to which serious issues arise, beyond the large scale tests they originally did...in which they did track responses closely.

And Dr. Moore's critique was fair and reasonable.
Ha! I certainly am not confusing 72 with Peter Brown! I remember PB was touting a stock months ago, but at this point, I couldn't tell you whether it was Gilead or not. I was simply trying to inject a little humor within the context of 72's threatened stance. That said, the establishment's push for Remdesevir may have a financial motive. I think a single patient protocol costs more than 3k, and that's just the cost of the medicine alone.

What if the "obnoxious non-expert" is right?

Come on... you can only speculate about motivations. Don't know how you arrive at the proclaimed certainty you often do... if it's simply your opinion, why not state that?

Weinstein is fair and reasonable as well and neither he nor Moore took Kirsch to task on his information/claims. These guys took a real risk, their reputations on the line, meeting to podcast issues that may have them "canceled" in any number of ways. They didn't gather to be polite to one another, that's BS. If what Kirsch presented (in poor fashion, as I've admitted) was improbable, then both Weinstein and Moore would have taken it apart or not invited him at all. I'm pretty sure they knew just what he would present prior to their podcast. That's my opinion BTW.
:D yes, just my opinion. ;)
I thought that by now it was clear than when I say something I think, that means it's my opinion. I claim things as facts only if it can be backed up as such and what the source is for such claim. I do try to explain my logic, the basis for my opinions, views. I also try to be clear about any biases I think I may have.

I got a chuckle on the PB and '72 one...yes, he was the one touting Gilead. Pretty amazing how consistently he's been wrong in his predictions.

I don't share your view of Weinstein...I think he's excessively provocative in his own speculations and assertions of fact, but I do find his discourse to be purposely civil and engaging. I don't find him to be an a-hole in other words.

Moore clearly was trying his best to find agreement and not be disagreeable. Like others of his sort, he wasn't there as an advocate.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:26 pm I have a KN-95. If you have 4 or 5 and rotate them everyday, you also won’t have a problem. PB has e. Coli on his mask because he doesn’t wash his hands after using the bathroom.

:lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:26 pm
Mask did its job.

I have a KN-95. If you have 4 or 5 and rotate them everyday, you also won’t have a problem. PB has e. Coli on his mask because he doesn’t wash his hands after using the bathroom.

I actually don’t wear masks nor have I since day 1. Obviously I will if the store requires one. But I don’t wear them otherwise.

Weirdly, I’m still ALIVE!

You fellows I trust are still strapping six masks on at once...can’t be too safe! :lol: :lol:

Be honest: how many of you lied by saying you knew 5 or more Covid deaths. Come clean. Thanks, the management.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:18 pm
Mask did its job.

I actually don’t wear masks nor have I since day 1.

You fellows I trust are still strapping six masks on at once...can’t be too safe! :lol: :lol:

Be honest: how many of you lied by saying you knew 5 or more Covid deaths. Come clean. Thanks, the management.
I noticed you didn’t say that you wash your hands…..what you called a stomach bug was probably E. Coli.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:20 pm
Mask did its job.

I noticed you didn’t say that you wash your hands…..what you called a stomach bug was probably E. Coli.

Put TLD down for the ‘more than 4’ box. No doubt. The signal is loud from this one.

:lol: :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:24 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:20 pm
Mask did its job.

Put TLD down for the ‘more than 4’ box. No doubt. The signal is loud from this one.

Put PB down for not washing his hands.

The sounds coming from the bathroom were loud and clear.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

^ :lol: :lol:

Less funny, I know 3...and I know doctors who dealt with at least dozens of deaths each.

Thankfully, zero in my family and closest friends.
All wore masks when around others and all are vaccinated.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:54 pm Masks are disgusting. Let’s just say you’re better off without them.
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:07 pm Let immune systems develop.
Crash and burn, which one is it? You have no logic game. We're not laughing near you, we're laughing at you. :lol:

Don't tell those Karens what's on their and their kids' (and your) cell phone surfaces, they'll have kittens. I wouldn't expect them to know or want to learn how to use a mask properly anyway.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:37 pm ^ :lol: :lol:

Less funny, I know 3...and I know doctors who dealt with at least dozens of deaths each.

I only knew 4 people personally. The last was the husband of my kids’ babysitter. They met in college when my kids were young. Husband was 42 and fit. Shocking really. Two small kids.
“I wish you would!”
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:47 pm

I only knew 4 people personally. The last was the husband of my kids’ babysitter. They met in college when my kids were young. Husband was 42 and fit. Shocking really. Two small kids.
Are you really responding to the troll’s despicable five or more Covid deaths statement? Of course the boy under the bridge wouldn’t know five or more people who’ve passed in this pandemic. He’d be lucky if five people, period, give him the time of day in real life.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Of the 25 states with the highest rates of vaccination only 3, #22 Iowa, #24 Nebraska and #25 South Dakota are Trump supporting states. Not a single Trump supporting state has a rate above 50%!! The Trumpier the state, the lower the rate of vaccination. Only 4 states that voted for Biden appear in the bottom 26 states, #27 Illinois, #33 Nevada, #35 Arizona and #45 Georgia.

The Republican Trumpnista party really is the party of stupid.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Too bad whoever constructed the poll in this thread didn’t add ‘I know 10,000 or more who have died of Covid’, because a few folks here no doubt would have replied in the affirmative.

If I had the energy to fact check how impossible it is that the number of you who replied you know more than 4 compared to the number of respondents, my guess is I could prove the duplicity. But I don’t have the energy.

So I leave you with this photo which captures every sane humans reaction to the virtue signalers:

CB63E535-D57A-4673-9B4A-F67D1E2216BA.jpeg
CB63E535-D57A-4673-9B4A-F67D1E2216BA.jpeg (32.76 KiB) Viewed 2395 times
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

.... don't worry Petey, it is just a democrat hoax. :lol: :lol:
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MD,

Why the need to add the last part? What if they hadn't worn masks when around others and didn't get vaccinated? Does it make me a bad person that I have some friends who did exactly that and are "still around" and no worse for the wear? The sentence should have ended with, "Thankfully, zero in my family and closest friends". There's no need for the last sentence. Nobody thinks it's funny either. You really let Petey take up real estate in your head, quite sad! :lol:

Joe
Last edited by JoeMauer89 on Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:29 am .... don't worry Petey, it is just a democrat hoax. :lol: :lol:
JHU,

Feeling a lot of hatred coming through your posts. It's ONE person that doesn't share the same narrative with you, MOVE ON! :roll: :roll:

Joe

Return to “POLITICS”