Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:58 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:27 pm Great friggen idea. https://roy.house.gov/media/press-relea ... error-list

Reps. Chip Roy and Mark Green Request Drug Cartels Be Added To Terror List
More from Chip Roy...

Why do these specific cartels qualify as a Foreign Terrorist Organizations? They:

- are a foreign organization.
- meet the definition of ‘terrorism’ and engage in terrorist activity as defined by (22 U.S.C. § 2656f(d)(2)) and (8 U.S.C. § 1182(a)(3)(B)) of the U.S. code.
I think we can all agree that the cartels are brutal organizations which use violence as a major part of their business model. And deserve the toughest of responses.

But should we really confuse crime organizations whose motivations are $ with ideologically motivated violence?
Are they really the same thing?

Why conflate the two? Can't we walk and chew gum?
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Longtime Trump friend and supporter Robert Kraft seems to be supporting immigrants, one handout at a time. Or hand something.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

holmes435 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:25 am Longtime Trump friend and supporter Robert Kraft seems to be supporting immigrants, one handout at a time. Or hand something.
I'm not a Kraft nor Patriot fan, but a single man paying for a "massage"... so what? Was he aware the establishment was allegedly trafficking?

Edit to add: OK, I just read more about this... perhaps a "massage" isn't always what it seems.

If nothing else, he's guilty of being a cheapskate. :?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:30 am
holmes435 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:25 am Longtime Trump friend and supporter Robert Kraft seems to be supporting immigrants, one handout at a time. Or hand something.
I'm not a Kraft nor Patriot fan, but a single man paying for a "massage"... so what? Was he aware the establishment was allegedly trafficking?

Edit to add: OK, I just read more about this... perhaps a "massage" isn't always what it seems.

If nothing else, he's guilty of being a cheapskate. :?
Glad to see you're open to further info 37. :)

I happen to think that prostitution should be decriminalized and regulated, but that sex trafficking should be a life sentence with hard time.

But until that happens, the customers have to be total idiots not to realize that many/most of those who are in prostitution are being very badly abused, often basically sex slaves. Far more likely that any 'masseuse' in such a a parlor is a victim than doing it entirely of her free will.

Kraft surely knows this.
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

I happen to think that prostitution should be decriminalized and regulated, but that sex trafficking should be a life sentence with hard time.

But until that happens, the customers have to be total idiots not to realize that many/most of those who are in prostitution are being very badly abused, often basically sex slaves. Far more likely that any 'masseuse' in such a a parlor is a victim than doing it entirely of her free will.

Kraft surely knows this.
Yep, very important distinction between those who choose to be a Prostitute and those who are forced into sexual slavery.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Did Kraft put on enough pressure to collapse her pocket? : :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:57 am Image

That BIG guy and some of his C'ville Brothers are giving lessons/ pointers on Jew-baiting, n'er-knockin' and double-tappin' wetbacks to that eager, willing group of CPAC Patriots. Why not. When you can preach your "wisdom" to a captive, well-financed collection of evangelists and acolytes, dig right in!
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:08 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/tr ... spartandhp I never saw this one coming.
Sounds like the comment Kraft made when he was arrested. :shock:

The folks in Mexico must be ecstatic that Senor Cabeza Gorda reneged of his PROMISE TO THE AMERICANS. The Mexicans were trembling in fear. :roll: NO WAY. They knew Trump better than those gullible, dumb-ass Yankees. Must have saved the Government $ 45 in legal filing fees.

Perhaps the Mexicans people will shout "Larga Vida al Gilipollas Naranja" during their annual Battle of Puebla celebration?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Referee subtly pulls wahoomurf aside and says, murf, watch the language. The kids watching the game can hear you.
Then blows his whistle, calls a referee's time-out, and speaks directly to a player and a coach at the same time to say, "Even in context, on the field, we don't say the n-word. I'm not even sure if "the n-word" is appropriate but, for sure, the actual word is not OK." Walks back to the center of the field, puts the ball in the stick of the player who had possession when he called the time-out, and blows his whistle to resume play...
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

admin wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:39 pm Referee subtly pulls wahoomurf aside and says, murf, watch the language. The kids watching the game can hear you.
Then blows his whistle, calls a referee's time-out, and speaks directly to a player and a coach at the same time to say, "Even in context, on the field, we don't say the n-word. I'm not even sure if "the n-word" is appropriate but, for sure, the actual word is not OK." Walks back to the center of the field, puts the ball in the stick of the player who had possession when he called the time-out, and blows his whistle to resume play...

wahoomurf celebrates St Patty's Day early.

If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

76000 migrants cross the border in February -- apparently all at entry points. Wall is not going to stop that. Apparently the new tougher Mexican authorities aren't either.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Trump is getting the heat for addressing the elephant in the room that is the broken immigration system in the US
Here's hoping something gets changed, funded and/or enforced.
This has been an overnight "crisis" 30 years in the making.
Thank you Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
a fan

Post by a fan »

:lol: Uhhhh...did you forget that Trump and his Congress had two years to pass any immigration bill they liked?

Trump did nothing. Don't even think of blaming the other Presidents and giving him a pass. That's dog doesn't hunt around here. ;)
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The law has been sitting on the shelf for nearly 10 years. All that it requires is the hard right nut bags to stop holding out for their unobtainable dream, deporting every illegal and then some. A consensus compromise bill was negotiated early in Obama's presidency but Boehner would never bring it to the floor for fear it would pass. Now if the democratic House brings it to the floor, McConnell won't allow a vote. Pelosi should bring it to a vote, pass it, and make it McConnell's and Trump's problem.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:55 pm :lol: Uhhhh...did you forget that Trump and his Congress had two years to pass any immigration bill they liked?

Trump did nothing. Don't even think of blaming the other Presidents and giving him a pass. That's dog doesn't hunt around here. ;)
Also forgot Reagan, Mr. Amnesty.
a fan

Post by a fan »

You mean the guy that 2019 Republicans and Trumpists swear that they worship-----until you start pointing out Reagan's actual policies to them?

:lol:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Reagan would have hated these grifters. Reagan had a brain. He could write beautifully and lead a union. Serve as governor and get the girl. Russia never wanted to help him.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump

Return to “POLITICS”