Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:51 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:20 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:57 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:03 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:37 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:35 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:51 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:58 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:45 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:21 pm Democrats now are calling moms and mothers “BIRTHING PEOPLE”.

Like cows, moms are now just simply there for birthing.

Biden’s cabinet members this week called all moms ‘birthing people’. And instead of any of you putting a hard stop to woke madness, you’ll dig deep in your bag of liberal excuses to suggest this is no big deal.

Leftism is a mental illness. The good news is America will roundly bury leftism in the next two elections. Most Americans are still sane. You make Trump appear normal. Amazing.
BIRTHING PEOPLE?? Seriously I can't wait to hear the spin on this forum about that latest PC statement.
This gender stuff seems ridiculous to us old foagies... I really struggle with it. Was on my Peloton a day or so ago and took a ride celebrating Sam Smith's music...familiar, great music IMO...but I'm not 'up' on all the celebrity stuff so was unaware of Sam's gender identity preferences...which was referred to a lot on the ride (PRIDE month)...pronouns 'they' and 'their' to describe Sam's gender preference.

Does this stuff actually matter? Well, apparently to those who wish to be accepted for who they are, instead of rejected, ridiculed, bullied...it does.

Doesn't make it any easier for us old foagies, but having two close friends/team mates with kids who have such gender preferences has been eye opening as to the issues and how they're dealing with them.

This wording change has been explained as an effort to recognize that some people who carry and give birth (what you and I would call 'mothers'!) may not identify as female, despite this biological birthing reality. Thus, the effort to use words that are more open, less gender specific, to any gender identity person who nevertheless does this activity "birthing".

Feels really clumsy or awkward, even jarring, to many of us, and I dare say to most of middle America. But it's very much 'sane' and considered. Like on a lot of issues, middle America is gonna be behind the curve, but they'll eventually catch up.

Of course, it is indeed more fodder for the right wing media world and this stuff, in aggregate, does have potential backlash implications politically.

But nah, it won't make Trump look 'sane'.
This is a line from the sequel to the Bellamy brothers song about that old hippie

" He's and old hippie still adjusting to the change, just trying to find some balance in a world gone totally insane"

To those sentiments I can relate a 100%

The fundamental problem with liberals like our resident ‘lifetime Republican’ ( :lol: ) is they are so painfully, plaintively desperate for love and acceptance by the internet, they become comical caricatures of woke lunacy. If you’re so easily willing to exchange the term ‘birthing person’ for mom/mother, you’re really no different than the January 6 bozos. The internal desperation of all these people is sad, tbh.
I haven't figured out the gender neutral bathroom hullabaloo yet. I know every public bathroom I use have these things called stalls. You can go in and take care of your business and go one your way.
cradle, the 'hullabaloo' is from those who wish trans folk didn't exist. Very 'threatened' in so many ways in their lives, they strike out at others.

Our gator troll says he thinks 'liberals' (apparently I'm one such) have "internal desperation"...full on projection, as with so much from these right wing bigots. Then he equates this "internal desperation" of 'liberals' with the insurrection of Jan 6...
Sorry there MD, you are 100% wrong in your analysis. My wife worked for 6 months as a nurse in the Anal Dysplasia Cynic at Strong Memorial Hospital. Their entire reason for existence was to serve the gay and LGBTQ community in Rochester. There was not a more politically correct job to work in in the medical field. Every day working in this "fruit loop factory" ( my wifes term for it) was like walking on eggshells. There were no "right wingers" to make up the rule about bathrooms were NEVER to be defined as for men or women. Heaven forbid you slip up and use the term "mens room" you would get a verbal tongue lashing for your mistake. This is my wifes opinion and likely the opinion of a number of the people she worked with. They also wished transgender people did not exist. They did not refer to them as fruit loops for no reason, the psychological issues of many of these people went way off of the charts. The first question my wife use to have to ask when interviewing a patient was... how would you like me to refer to you today... Joe, Joanne or something different. One patient actually wanted to be called Madame Ovary. My wife is a compassionate and caring nurse, these people pushed the limits of her nursing skills every dog gone day. The first day she came home and used the term "fruit loops" I was stunned. No matter how hard she tried she could not get through to 90% of the patients she saw. I don't think she had one good day working there in 6 months. It sure as hell had nothing to do with what republicans felt about her patients.
While I'm loathe to comment in any way negatively about your wife, cradle, (as I know and respect your love and care for her) and I'm sure she did deal with folks who were damaged one way or another psychologically, not sure anyone who thinks of their patients as "fruit loops", much less "did not want transgender people to exist" should ever be assigned to that particular job. There are lots of nursing jobs not requiring that particular sort of sensitivity.

When you say she "could not get through to 90% of the patients she saw" what exactly was she trying to "get through"?
One of my wifes responsibilities in "getting through" to her patients involved getting them to actually show up for their appointments. They would schedule 8 to 10 45 minute procedures a day. When she first started if 3 people actually showed up that was a good day. After 6 months and many hours spent cajoling people on the phone she had brought that number up to almost 100% of patients showing up. Where she worked was a very complex and complicated place. The first issue was getting people to show up. The second issue was dealing with people with a myriad of psych issues that made every conversation a new lesson in what to say and what not to say. One patient became irate and screamed at my wife when she gave her directions to the "ladies" room. The term fruitloops was coined by a doctor who was and I believe still is the director of colo rectal surgery at Strong Hospital. This doctor was very outspoken, with a foul mouth, who had little to no compassion or understanding of some of her patients. My wife says often that the 6 months she spent at Strong Hospital was the lowest point in her nursing career. She said this many times... how can you be an advocate for your patient when they won't even show up to the office for a procedure that would prevent them from getting anal cancer.
Such is the nature of the business of nursing. Whether getting people to come to an appointment or comply with their medication regimen, most, not simply many, people think short term, avoid difficult news, and deny reality...human nature.

Nursing is a hard gig, thus my reluctance to say anything at all.

Surgeons can be some of the least empathetic people in the world, ironically.
Sounds typical. Jerk.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Anyone else sensing libs are coming undone?!

Check out this completely unhinged email from Lori Lightfoot, erstwhile useless Democratic mayor of Chicago where kids are murdered every day:

38F5E7A7-3E4C-48EB-980F-DBC573E495FC.png
38F5E7A7-3E4C-48EB-980F-DBC573E495FC.png (141.08 KiB) Viewed 2316 times

https://nypost.com/2021/06/16/email-sho ... n-staffer/

Cuckoo. Cuckoo. Birthing persons. :lol:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

It is being reported that Manchin has changed his mind. He has now come out in favor of changing the filibuster rule. Requiring those filibustering to hold the floor and actually talk about the bill they are filibustering while Senate is in session. Placing the onus on the minority. The way the filibuster worked for most of the history of the Senate. This is a game changer. Other democrats have been talking about this kind of rule change for some time. Filibuster doesn't go away, it simply places a greater burden on the minority, where it belongs.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Birthing persons. High crime. Inflation. Energy dependence versus independence. Selling out America. Hunter a complete racist.

What a winning message!
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:10 am Birthing persons. High crime. Inflation. Energy dependence versus independence. Selling out America. Hunter a complete racist.

What a winning message!
Platitudinous.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:12 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:10 am Birthing persons. High crime. Inflation. Energy dependence versus independence. Selling out America. Hunter a complete racist.

What a winning message!
Platitudinous.
You know when the Platitudinous was first discovered in Australia, scientists thought it was a democrat hoax. ;)
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:31 pm

What a winning message!
Platitudinous.
You know when the Platitudinous was first discovered in Australia, scientists thought it was a democrat hoax. ;)
Only the lesser spotted platitudinous, I believe.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
old salt

Post by old salt »

Could be worse cradle -- your wife could be a cake decorator targeted by the LGBTQ community.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:45 pm Could be worse cradle -- your wife could be a cake decorator targeted by the LGBTQ community.
:D
Pretty sure most 'cake decorators" don't get "targeted" unless they "target" first...

Small nuance, I know...but makes all the difference.

I have a feeling that cradle's wife tried really hard to provide great nursing care to her patients regardless of their gender identity.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:33 pm

What a winning message!
Platitudinous.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFS0YMxIEmY
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:02 pm

What a winning message!
Platitudinous.
Oops, guess maybe I need to watch some TV. Oh wait a minute, no I don't.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:00 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:45 pm Could be worse cradle -- your wife could be a cake decorator targeted by the LGBTQ community.
Pretty sure most 'cake decorators" don't get "targeted" unless they "target" first...

I have a feeling that cradle's wife tried really hard to provide great nursing care to her patients regardless of their gender identity.

Libs ain’t happy unless you cave to every demand they make, no matter how daffy. MD has already stated that he has zero truck with calling mothers ‘birthing persons’, so obviously the annoying targeting of a principled guy like Jack Phillips only elicits a shoulder shrug and ‘he deserves it’.

https://adfmedia.org/case/scardina-v-ma ... e-cakeshop

Same as it ever was. Are black bakers obligated to make confederate flag cakes?

Here’s my advice to the silent majority which peruse these boards: never apologize for being sane.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:30 pm

What a winning message!
Platitudinous.
That explains a lot, can we combine your usernames and posts? ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:19 pm

What a winning message!
Platitudinous.
Might require significant pressure and temperature.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:41 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:19 pm

What a winning message!
Platitudinous.
Might require significant pressure and temperature.
....latent heat can also work.
~Livy

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Portland’s rapid response team of 50 all quit today. Can’t really work when the DA hates you and will arrest you for any reason.

Portland is gone.

Libs will be crushed in 2022.

This movie repeats every two years.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:40 pm Portland’s rapid response team of 50 all quit today. Can’t really work when the DA hates you and will arrest you for any reason.

Portland is gone.

This you bro? #basketcase - You predicted Trumper assaults on Jan 6th too with your projection. Seek help, as you like to say.
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:21 pm I will truly feel badly for you the morning of November 4th. It’s gonna be rough.
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:51 amYou plan to protest in DC if Trump wins. Your embrace of our 'cherished constitutional form of government' seems to come to an abrupt halt when it comes to TDS.
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:36 pm God, I feel so sorry for you already.

Please be sure that your employers insurance policy covers mental health. November 4 is gonna be rough.

:lol:
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:58 pm Democrats are going to get blown out in November. Watch.
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:24 am The boys here will need more than just a few psychedelics on November 4 when Trump wins :lol:
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:00 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:45 pmCould be worse cradle -- your wife could be a cake decorator targeted by the LGBTQ community.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/06/ ... -phillips/

What Is Wrong with the Lawyer Persecuting Jack Phillips?
By CHARLES C. W. COOKE, June 17, 2021

Autumn Scardina keeps trying to force the Masterpiece Cakeshop owner to bake a cake with a message that offends his religious beliefs. Why?

Once again, Jack Phillips, the beleaguered owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop, has been fined by a court for refusing to bake a cake carrying a message of which he disapproves. Once again, the fine was the result of activist legal action by a personal-injury lawyer named Autumn Scardina. Once again, Phillips’s case seems destined to reach the chambers of the U.S. Supreme Court.

And, once again, I am left asking: What the hell?

I am strongly of the view that, because his objection relates solely to the content of his professional speech, Jack Phillips is protected by the First Amendment. Indeed, if his case does return to the Supreme Court, I expect Phillips to win on precisely those grounds. But forget the specific details of this lawsuit for a moment. Forget the plaintiff and the defendant; forget the underlying Colorado statute; forget the Constitution of the United States; and, instead, look at this on a purely human level: What on earth is wrong with Autumn Scardina?

I understand the justification for anti-discrimination laws. I do not, however, understand why anyone would try to use them, as Scardina has, in order to repeatedly torture an individual such as Jack Phillips.

Under English common law, “public accommodation” standards typically applied where consumers had little or no choice. The only inn along a 60-mile stretch of road might be deemed a “public accommodation” on the grounds that its refusal to take a given customer could plausibly lead to that customer’s death. A ferry business that had sole control over a particular point in a river might be deemed a “public accommodation” in order to ensure that nobody was prevented from traveling along an important route. Common carriers, such as railroads, were included under the same rule. This approach obtained in the United States, too, until 1964, in which year the Civil Rights Act expanded the concept beyond all recognition — though not, given the scale of persistent racial segregation in the United States, beyond all comprehension. Prior to 1964, “just go somewhere else” was simply not an option for many black Americans, who, as a result of both longstanding government policy and widespread social pressure (including violence), were effectively locked out of entire realms of commercial activity. An African-American citizen who chose to sue a recalcitrant store in 1965 was doing so not out of individual pique, but out of public service, in that in most cases he was not so much suing one store as suing all of them.

This is not even close to being the case with Masterpiece Cakeshop. Masterpiece Cakeshop is not a monopoly. Masterpiece Cakeshop is not caught up in a web of legal or corporate choices that, taken together, serve to restrict the ability of a given group to fully access the market. And Masterpiece Cakeshop is not unique. It is a good business, I am told, but it is merely one business among many, and its owner has views that differ considerably from those of others within his field. All of this being so, it is simply inexplicable to me that Autumn Scardina is so determined to bend Masterpiece Cakeshop — and its owner — to her will. Again: Forget the legal dispute. My quarrel here is more elementary than that. Clearly, there is something deeply, deeply wrong with this person, and something deeply, deeply wrong, too, with anyone who has helped stage her relentless, psychotic persecution.

The judge in the most recent case against Phillips suggested that the law he was enforcing was designed to ensure that certain people “are no longer treated as ‘others.’” And I daresay it was. But this is a silly and illiberal aim, and those who seek to achieve it are ultimately demonstrating an inability to live among people who do not share their core beliefs. It is one thing for a person to demand that he be treated as an equal by his government or by a monopoly or by anyone with whom he is forced by custom to interact; but it is quite another to demand that every last person in this nation of 330 million approve of him, endorse him, or consent to speak on his behalf. We hear a great deal these days about the importance of “diversity,” and yet the definition we see most commonly prescribed seems in practice to cut against the bedrock value of pluralism, rather than in favor of it. With her decade-long crusade against Jack Phillips, Autumn Scardina has done just that.

Far from seeking utopia, a truly liberal person will accept that there will always be some among his fellow citizens who will strongly disapprove of him — and, for that matter, that there will always be some who will dislike and maybe even hate him. It can certainly be difficult to come up with laws that strike the right balance between individual rights and commercial regulation, but it is not so difficult to come up with personal conduct that does, and it seems self-evident to me that the correct course of action for a person who meets resistance when demanding artistic work from an ideological foe is simply to walk away. In a truly tolerant culture, it would not especially matter whether the law demanded that a Jewish baker make a Holocaust-denial cake or a black baker make a pro-slavery cake or a Christian baker make a “transition” cake, because the instinct of the person requesting such a cake would be to seek out a vendor who was not caused anguish by the request.

Time and time again, Autumn Scardina has gone out of her way to take the exact opposite course of action — and, in so doing, she has made us all worse off, for while it will take time to learn what effects her conduct has had upon America’s most elementary set of laws, the civic rot she has repeatedly exposed is obvious even now.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:21 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:40 pm Portland’s rapid response team of 50 all quit today. Can’t really work when the DA hates you and will arrest you for any reason.

Portland is gone.

This you bro? #basketcase - You predicted Trumper assaults on Jan 6th too with your projection. Seek help, as you like to say.
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:21 pm I will truly feel badly for you the morning of November 4th. It’s gonna be rough.
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:51 amYou plan to protest in DC if Trump wins. Your embrace of our 'cherished constitutional form of government' seems to come to an abrupt halt when it comes to TDS.
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:36 pm God, I feel so sorry for you already.

Please be sure that your employers insurance policy covers mental health. November 4 is gonna be rough.

:lol:
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:58 pm Democrats are going to get blown out in November. Watch.
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:24 am The boys here will need more than just a few psychedelics on November 4 when Trump wins :lol:

One more Fanlax stalker. Get in line. :lol:

(Also, libs don’t recognize that they in fact did lose a ton last November; Trump was the only thing standing between the losses you suffered versus an even more amazing rout; now that you’re pushing issues like “birthing persons”, wait til 2022, hooboy)

Return to “POLITICS”