Womens USA team Who you got?

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Cletus

Re: Womens USA team Who you got?

Post by Cletus »

laxstan8 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:28 pm List of players not invited back (might've missed some):

Madison Ahern
Angie Benson
Samantha Chenoweth
Sophia DiCenso
Marge Donovan
Molly Dougherty
Samantha Giacolone
Lauren Gilbert
Katie Hoeg
Maddie Howe
Molly Little
Ellie Masera
Amy Moreau
Sammy Mueller
Ally Palermo
Livy Rosenzweig
Courtney Waite
Thanks laxstan!
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

:roll:
laxstan8 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:28 pm List of players not invited back (might've missed some):

Madison Ahern
Angie Benson
Samantha Chenoweth
Sophia DiCenso
Marge Donovan
Molly Dougherty
Samantha Giacolone
Lauren Gilbert
Katie Hoeg
Maddie Howe
Molly Little
Ellie Masera
Amy Moreau
Sammy Mueller
Ally Palermo
Livy Rosenzweig
Courtney Waite
You missed @7-8 I think
But they can be invited to next event .
njbill

Post by njbill »

I’ve sorted the 36 players by position so the forum brainiacs can more easily give Jen Levy et al. advice on whom the final selections should be.

Attack (9)
Apuzzo
Hendrick
McKone
North
Ohlmiller
Ortega
Scane
Treanor
Tumolo

Middie (17)
Arsenault
Cummings
Dirks
Garrett
Huff
Johansen
Kennedy
Kent
Mastroianni
McCool
Miller
Parros
Pirreca
Sabella
Smith
Swart
Warden

Defense (6)
Block
Carr
Douty
Mercer
O’Donnell
Trenchard

Goalie (4)
Hogan
Johns
Moreno
Waters

I'm leaving the DL players out at this point just for the sake of discussion.

Middie heavy is an understatement. So what does that say about the positional make up of the final team? Two goalies obviously. Only four defenders? Seven or eight middies? Four or five attackers?
laxstan8

Post by laxstan8 »

njbill wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:06 pm I’ve sorted the 36 players by position so the forum brainiacs can more easily give Jen Levy et al. advice on whom the final selections should be.

Attack (9)
Apuzzo
Hendrick
McKone
North
Ohlmiller
Ortega
Scane
Treanor
Tumolo

Middie (17)
Arsenault
Cummings
Dirks
Garrett
Huff
Johansen
Kennedy
Kent
Mastroianni
McCool
Miller
Parros
Pirreca
Sabella
Smith
Swart
Warden

Defense (6)
Block
Carr
Douty
Mercer
O’Donnell
Trenchard

Goalie (4)
Hogan
Johns
Moreno
Waters

Middie heavy is an understatement. So what does that say about the positional make up of the final team? Two goalies obviously. Only four defenders? Seven or eight middies? Four or five attackers?
Kent's a midfielder? Also I'm thinking 5 ATT, 5 DEF and 6 MID, and then the 2 GKs.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

laxstan8 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:32 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:06 pm I’ve sorted the 36 players by position so the forum brainiacs can more easily give Jen Levy et al. advice on whom the final selections should be.

Attack (9)
Apuzzo
Hendrick
McKone
North
Ohlmiller
Ortega
Scane
Treanor
Tumolo

Middie (17)
Arsenault
Cummings
Dirks
Garrett
Huff
Johansen
Kennedy
Kent
Mastroianni
McCool
Miller
Parros
Pirreca
Sabella
Smith
Swart
Warden

Defense (6)
Block
Carr
Douty
Mercer
O’Donnell
Trenchard

Goalie (4)
Hogan
Johns
Moreno
Waters

Kent's a midfielder? Also I'm thinking 5 ATT, 5 DEF and 6 MID, and then the 2 GKs.
And prob 2 alternates
njbill

Post by njbill »

That's what Kent is listed as in the announcement.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Madison Ahern
Angie Benson
Burns
Samantha Chenoweth
Cooper
Sophia DiCenso
Marge Donovan
Molly Dougherty
Samantha Giacolone
Lauren Gilbert
Harris
Katie Hoeg
Maddie Howe
Molly Little
Ellie Masera
McPherson
Amy Moreau
Sammy Mueller
Ally Palermo
Livy Rosenzweig
Taylor
Trombetta
Courtney Waite
Those in red were also cut.

The May article with updated invitees said 61 were invited, but the article listed 63 names. So from the 63, 23 were cut, 4 put on DL, and 36 made the training team.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

njbill wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:44 pm

Madison Ahern
Angie Benson
Burns
Samantha Chenoweth
Cooper
Sophia DiCenso
Marge Donovan
Molly Dougherty
Samantha Giacolone
Lauren Gilbert
Harris
Katie Hoeg
Maddie Howe
Molly Little
Ellie Masera
McPherson
Amy Moreau
Sammy Mueller
Ally Palermo
Livy Rosenzweig
Taylor
Trombetta
Courtney Waite
Those in red were also cut.

The May article with updated invitees said 61 were invited, but the article listed 63 names. So from the 63, 23 were cut, 4 put on DL, and 36 made the training team.
I don’t think this is a “cut” the next event may have some of the same and some of the other 25 or so players from this past week .
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Is the Taylor, as in Meghan Taylor from Maryland? I look at the 4 goalies and I'll take Taylor over 3 of them in a heartbeat...Hogan, Waters and Johns.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

This must be some group if Katie Hoeg didn’t make the cut.
njbill

Post by njbill »

LarryGamLax wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:23 pm Is the Taylor, as in Meghan Taylor from Maryland? I look at the 4 goalies and I'll take Taylor over 3 of them in a heartbeat...Hogan, Waters and Johns.
No. Courtney Taylor, defender from Temple.

Megan Taylor didn't try out. Have to believe she was invited, but declined.

I, too, would take her over the other four.

Maybe Johns is a finalist because she was on the team four years ago and has international experience (though I don't think she played much).
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

njbill wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:12 pm Maybe Johns is a finalist because she was on the team four years ago and has international experience (though I don't think she played much).
She didn't play in the World Cup but played the entire World Games, where Devon Wills played defense. So they have invested in her.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Nice compliment this week for CN from UNC coach and former star Marie McCool.

“What the collegiate players have been able to do for our sport is incredible. Charlotte North specifically, she is so talented,” McCool said. “She’s doing things that nobody has done before with her stickwork. It’s so important for young kids to see those things.“

No mention of assists to shots ratio or excessive cellies so clearly Charlotte is learning from our posters. :D
njbill

Post by njbill »

Prepare to be disappointed, Dad. She isn’t going to make the final team. What did Spallina say at the tryouts?
Laxallday

Post by Laxallday »

Attack (9)
Apuzzo - yes
Hendrick
McKone
North - yes
Ohlmiller - yes
Ortega
Scane - yes
Treanor - yes
Tumolo

Middie (17)
Arsenault - yes
Cummings - yes
Dirks
Garrett
Huff
Johansen
Kennedy - yes
Kent - yes
Mastroianni - yes
McCool - yes
Miller
Parros
Pirreca - yes
Sabella
Smith
Swart
Warden

Defense (6)
Block - yes
Carr
Douty - yes
Mercer - yes
O’Donnell
Trenchard - yes

Goalie (4)
Hogan - yes
Johns - yes
Moreno
Waters

Suspect final selections will balance coaching relationships, existing experience, talent, ability to attract fans (social media) and fit with USA fast paced style. I am taking 5 attack, 7 middies, 4 defense and 2 goalies. My selections above balancing all of the factors.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Can Opener wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:14 am
No mention of assists to shots ratio or excessive cellies so clearly Charlotte is learning from our posters. :D
If it's been mentioned previously my apologies but I don't remember seeing it. Assists from Charlotte; #1, assists in wlax is a garbage stat (although I'm very glad when they're recorded), I feel as if they're very inaccurate. My favorite example is the pass thrown when shooting space is called and the player doesn't even get to take the shot. Then she scores on the FPS. No assist recorded on that play. #2, if hockey assists were recorded in wlax how many of those would Charlotte have? She regularly draws the double, throws the swing pass, then the next pass goes to an open player which Charlotte created by drawing the double and dishing. I don't believe I've heard mention of that, it's just viewed as her being hoggish by many.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

njbill wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:20 am Prepare to be disappointed, Dad. She isn’t going to make the final team. What did Spallina say at the tryouts?
Just googled "Joe Spallina Charlotte North" and nothing popped up. Has he made comments about who has done well?
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Laxallday wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:32 am

Attack (9)
Apuzzo - yes
Hendrick
McKone
North - yes
Ohlmiller - yes
Ortega
Scane - yes
Treanor - yes
Tumolo

Middie (17)
Arsenault - yes
Cummings - yes
Dirks
Garrett
Huff
Johansen
Kennedy - yes
Kent - yes
Mastroianni - yes
McCool - yes
Miller
Parros
Pirreca - yes
Sabella
Smith
Swart
Warden

Defense (6)
Block - yes
Carr
Douty - yes
Mercer - yes
O’Donnell
Trenchard - yes

Goalie (4)
Hogan - yes
Johns - yes
Moreno
Waters

Suspect final selections will balance coaching relationships, existing experience, talent, ability to attract fans (social media) and fit with USA fast paced style. I am taking 5 attack, 7 middies, 4 defense and 2 goalies. My selections above balancing all of the factors.
Kent will be playing as an attack not as a middie .
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

DMac wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:43 am
If it's been mentioned previously my apologies but I don't remember seeing it. Assists from Charlotte; #1, assists in wlax is a garbage stat (although I'm very glad when they're recorded), I feel as if they're very inaccurate. My favorite example is the pass thrown when shooting space is called and the player doesn't even get to take the shot. Then she scores on the FPS. No assist recorded on that play. #2, if hockey assists were recorded in wlax how many of those would Charlotte have? She regularly draws the double, throws the swing pass, then the next pass goes to an open player which Charlotte created by drawing the double and dishing. I don't believe I've heard mention of that, it's just viewed as her being hoggish by many.
Great points.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

DMac wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:43 am
Lol that’s quite a stretch !

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”