Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:37 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:35 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:51 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:58 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:45 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:21 pm Democrats now are calling moms and mothers “BIRTHING PEOPLE”.

Like cows, moms are now just simply there for birthing.

Biden’s cabinet members this week called all moms ‘birthing people’. And instead of any of you putting a hard stop to woke madness, you’ll dig deep in your bag of liberal excuses to suggest this is no big deal.

Leftism is a mental illness. The good news is America will roundly bury leftism in the next two elections. Most Americans are still sane. You make Trump appear normal. Amazing.
BIRTHING PEOPLE?? Seriously I can't wait to hear the spin on this forum about that latest PC statement.
This gender stuff seems ridiculous to us old foagies... I really struggle with it. Was on my Peloton a day or so ago and took a ride celebrating Sam Smith's music...familiar, great music IMO...but I'm not 'up' on all the celebrity stuff so was unaware of Sam's gender identity preferences...which was referred to a lot on the ride (PRIDE month)...pronouns 'they' and 'their' to describe Sam's gender preference.

Does this stuff actually matter? Well, apparently to those who wish to be accepted for who they are, instead of rejected, ridiculed, bullied...it does.

Doesn't make it any easier for us old foagies, but having two close friends/team mates with kids who have such gender preferences has been eye opening as to the issues and how they're dealing with them.

This wording change has been explained as an effort to recognize that some people who carry and give birth (what you and I would call 'mothers'!) may not identify as female, despite this biological birthing reality. Thus, the effort to use words that are more open, less gender specific, to any gender identity person who nevertheless does this activity "birthing".

Feels really clumsy or awkward, even jarring, to many of us, and I dare say to most of middle America. But it's very much 'sane' and considered. Like on a lot of issues, middle America is gonna be behind the curve, but they'll eventually catch up.

Of course, it is indeed more fodder for the right wing media world and this stuff, in aggregate, does have potential backlash implications politically.

But nah, it won't make Trump look 'sane'.
This is a line from the sequel to the Bellamy brothers song about that old hippie

" He's and old hippie still adjusting to the change, just trying to find some balance in a world gone totally insane"

To those sentiments I can relate a 100%

The fundamental problem with liberals like our resident ‘lifetime Republican’ ( :lol: ) is they are so painfully, plaintively desperate for love and acceptance by the internet, they become comical caricatures of woke lunacy. If you’re so easily willing to exchange the term ‘birthing person’ for mom/mother, you’re really no different than the January 6 bozos. The internal desperation of all these people is sad, tbh.
I haven't figured out the gender neutral bathroom hullabaloo yet. I know every public bathroom I use have these things called stalls. You can go in and take care of your business and go one your way.
cradle, the 'hullabaloo' is from those who wish trans folk didn't exist. Very 'threatened' in so many ways in their lives, they strike out at others.

Our gator troll says he thinks 'liberals' (apparently I'm one such) have "internal desperation"...full on projection, as with so much from these right wing bigots. Then he equates this "internal desperation" of 'liberals' with the insurrection of Jan 6...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:01 am I wonder, then, what are Fathers now called...."Contributing factors"? :roll:
#BanMothersDay

This issue captures like a chefs kiss how insane the left is. And do not kid yourself: most Democrats will quietly embrace this lunacy as the woke left shames them into silence.

“Birthing persons”. Jfc. Lunatics. I’m telling you, the Left will be blown out in 2022 if not this fall with the governors race in Virginia.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The contempt for America is real, with some people.

https://www.aol.com/pelosi-seeks-quell- ... 14455.html

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that she welcomed a clarification from Rep. Ilhan Omar over a tweet about Israel that critics on both sides of the aisle said had unfairly compared the U.S. and Israel to terrorist groups.

In a written statement, Pelosi, D-Calif., said that “drawing false equivalencies between democracies like the U.S. and Israel and groups that engage in terrorism like Hamas and the Taliban foments prejudice and undermines peace and security for all.

“We welcome the clarification by Congresswoman Omar that there is no moral equivalency between the U.S. and Israel and Hamas and the Taliban,” Pelosi continued.

Jewish lawmakers criticized Omar, D-Minn., for the tweet she posted Monday showing a video of her questioning Secretary of State Antony Blinken about how domestic courts can handle war crimes. Accompanying the clip, Omar added a message that read, “We must have the same level of accountability and justice for all victims of crimes against humanity. We have seen unthinkable atrocities committed by the U.S., Hamas, Israel, Afghanistan, and the Taliban. I asked [Blinken] where people are supposed to go for justice.”

A group of legislators led by Rep. Brad Schneider, D-Ill., released a statement late Wednesday condemning Omar’s tweet: “Equating the United States and Israel to Hamas and the Taliban is as offensive as it is misguided. Ignoring the differences between democracies governed by the rule of law and contemptible organizations that engage in terrorism at best discredits one’s intended argument and at worst reflects deep-seated prejudice.”

In response, Omar initially blasted her fellow Democrats.

“It’s shameful for colleagues who call me when they need my support to now put out a statement asking for ‘clarification’ and not just call,” she wrote in a tweet on Wednesday. “The Islamophobic tropes in this statement are offensive. The constant harassment & silencing from the signers of this letter is unbearable.”

On Thursday afternoon, however, Omar released a statement offering the requested clarification.

"To be clear: the conversation was about accountability for specific incidents regarding those [International Criminal Court] cases, not a moral comparison between Hamas and the Taliban and the U.S. and Israel,” she wrote. “I was in no way equating terrorist organizations with democratic countries with well-established judicial systems."

With a number of key votes that will require a unified Democratic caucus, the statement from Pelosi appeared designed to strike a delicate balance, condemning the likening of Israel to terrorist groups while accepting Omar’s clarification.

Omar, a Somali refugee and one of the first Muslim women elected to Congress, has battled with pro-Israel members of Congress and Democratic leadership since taking office. In 2019, she apologized after making controversial comments about the pro-Israel lobby American Israel Public Affairs Committee.

While most Democrats stayed quiet on Omar’s latest remarks, she received backing from other progressives who have been more outspoken in their criticism of Israeli policy toward Palestinians.

“I am tired of colleagues (both D+R) demonizing [Omar],” tweeted Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., who is of Palestinian descent. “Their obsession with policing her is sick. She has the courage to call out human rights abuses no matter who is responsible. That’s better than colleagues who look away if it serves their politics.”

“Pretty sick & tired of the constant vilification, intentional mischaracterization, and public targeting of [Omar] coming from our caucus,” tweeted Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y. “They have no concept for the danger they put her in by skipping private conversations & leaping to fueling targeted news cycles around her.”

Ahead of Pelosi’s statement, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., tried to ramp up pressure on the speaker to take action against Omar.

“Rep. Omar's anti-Semitic & anti-American comments are abhorrent,” McCarthy tweeted. “Speaker Pelosi’s continued failure to address the issues in her caucus sends a message to the world that Democrats are tolerant of anti-Semitism and sympathizing with terrorists. It’s time for the Speaker to act.”

Israel has faced increased scrutiny in Washington after weeks of military clashes between Israel and Hamas earlier this year that killed more than 200 Palestinian residents of Gaza and at least 12 Israelis. Omar, Tlaib and Ocasio-Cortez were among the Democrats supporting a resolution that would have delayed a $735 million arms deal between the U.S. and Israel.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:52 pm The contempt for America is real, with some people.

Where do you see "contempt for America"?

"To be clear: the conversation was about accountability for specific incidents regarding those [International Criminal Court] cases, not a moral comparison between Hamas and the Taliban and the U.S. and Israel,” she wrote. “I was in no way equating terrorist organizations with democratic countries with well-established judicial systems."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:03 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:21 pm Democrats now are calling moms and mothers “BIRTHING PEOPLE”.

Biden’s cabinet members this week called all moms ‘birthing people’. And instead of any of you putting a hard stop to woke madness, you’ll dig deep in your bag of liberal excuses to suggest this is no big deal.

Leftism is a mental illness. The good news is America will roundly bury leftism in the next two elections. Most Americans are still sane. You make Trump appear normal. Amazing.
BIRTHING PEOPLE?? Seriously I can't wait to hear the spin on this forum about that latest PC statement.
This gender stuff seems ridiculous to us old foagies... I really struggle with it. Was on my Peloton a day or so ago and took a ride celebrating Sam Smith's music...familiar, great music IMO...but I'm not 'up' on all the celebrity stuff so was unaware of Sam's gender identity preferences...which was referred to a lot on the ride (PRIDE month)...pronouns 'they' and 'their' to describe Sam's gender preference.

Does this stuff actually matter? Well, apparently to those who wish to be accepted for who they are, instead of rejected, ridiculed, bullied...it does.

Doesn't make it any easier for us old foagies, but having two close friends/team mates with kids who have such gender preferences has been eye opening as to the issues and how they're dealing with them.

This wording change has been explained as an effort to recognize that some people who carry and give birth (what you and I would call 'mothers'!) may not identify as female, despite this biological birthing reality. Thus, the effort to use words that are more open, less gender specific, to any gender identity person who nevertheless does this activity "birthing".

Feels really clumsy or awkward, even jarring, to many of us, and I dare say to most of middle America. But it's very much 'sane' and considered. Like on a lot of issues, middle America is gonna be behind the curve, but they'll eventually catch up.

Of course, it is indeed more fodder for the right wing media world and this stuff, in aggregate, does have potential backlash implications politically.

This is a line from the sequel to the Bellamy brothers song about that old hippie

" He's and old hippie still adjusting to the change, just trying to find some balance in a world gone totally insane"

The fundamental problem with liberals like our resident ‘lifetime Republican’ ( :lol: ) is they are so painfully, plaintively desperate for love and acceptance by the internet, they become comical caricatures of woke lunacy. If you’re so easily willing to exchange the term ‘birthing person’ for mom/mother, you’re really no different than the January 6 bozos. The internal desperation of all these people is sad, tbh.
I haven't figured out the gender neutral bathroom hullabaloo yet. I know every public bathroom I use have these things called stalls. You can go in and take care of your business and go one your way.
cradle, the 'hullabaloo' is from those who wish trans folk didn't exist. Very 'threatened' in so many ways in their lives, they strike out at others.

Our gator troll says he thinks 'liberals' (apparently I'm one such) have "internal desperation"...full on projection, as with so much from these right wing bigots. Then he equates this "internal desperation" of 'liberals' with the insurrection of Jan 6...
Sorry there MD, you are 100% wrong in your analysis. My wife worked for 6 months as a nurse in the Anal Dysplasia Cynic at Strong Memorial Hospital. Their entire reason for existence was to serve the gay and LGBTQ community in Rochester. There was not a more politically correct job to work in in the medical field. Every day working in this "fruit loop factory" ( my wifes term for it) was like walking on eggshells. There were no "right wingers" to make up the rule about bathrooms were NEVER to be defined as for men or women. Heaven forbid you slip up and use the term "mens room" you would get a verbal tongue lashing for your mistake. This is my wifes opinion and likely the opinion of a number of the people she worked with. They also wished transgender people did not exist. They did not refer to them as fruit loops for no reason, the psychological issues of many of these people went way off of the charts. The first question my wife use to have to ask when interviewing a patient was... how would you like me to refer to you today... Joe, Joanne or something different. One patient actually wanted to be called Madame Ovary. My wife is a compassionate and caring nurse, these people pushed the limits of her nursing skills every dog gone day. The first day she came home and used the term "fruit loops" I was stunned. No matter how hard she tried she could not get through to 90% of the patients she saw. I don't think she had one good day working there in 6 months. It sure as hell had nothing to do with what republicans felt about her patients.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:57 pm

Sorry there MD, you are 100% wrong in your analysis. My wife worked for 6 months as a nurse in the Anal Dysplasia Cynic at Strong Memorial Hospital. Their entire reason for existence was to serve the gay and LGBTQ community in Rochester. There was not a more politically correct job to work in in the medical field. Every day working in this "fruit loop factory" ( my wifes term for it) was like walking on eggshells. There were no "right wingers" to make up the rule about bathrooms were NEVER to be defined as for men or women. Heaven forbid you slip up and use the term "mens room" you would get a verbal tongue lashing for your mistake. This is my wifes opinion and likely the opinion of a number of the people she worked with. They also wished transgender people did not exist. They did not refer to them as fruit loops for no reason, the psychological issues of many of these people went way off of the charts. The first question my wife use to have to ask when interviewing a patient was... how would you like me to refer to you today... Joe, Joanne or something different. One patient actually wanted to be called Madame Ovary. My wife is a compassionate and caring nurse, these people pushed the limits of her nursing skills every dog gone day. The first day she came home and used the term "fruit loops" I was stunned. No matter how hard she tried she could not get through to 90% of the patients she saw. I don't think she had one good day working there in 6 months. It sure as hell had nothing to do with what republicans felt about her patients.
While I'm loathe to comment in any way negatively about your wife, cradle, (as I know and respect your love and care for her) and I'm sure she did deal with folks who were damaged one way or another psychologically, not sure anyone who thinks of their patients as "fruit loops", much less "did not want transgender people to exist" should ever be assigned to that particular job. There are lots of nursing jobs not requiring that particular sort of sensitivity.

When you say she "could not get through to 90% of the patients she saw" what exactly was she trying to "get through"?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:33 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:52 pm The contempt for America is real, with some people.

Sure. That is indeed why she said in her SECOND clarification.

She equates the US and Israel with Hamas and Taliban. Uses them ALL in the same sentence. For a reason- Moral equivalency. And then denies equating the US and Israel to Hamas and Taliban.

“We have seen unthinkable atrocities committed by the U.S., Hamas, Israel, Afghanistan, and the Taliban.”

What do I mean if I say, “I have seen unthinkable atrocities committed by MDLaxFan, John Wayne Gacey, Jeffrey Dahmer, Doc Barrister, and Ted Bundy?”

I really think the world of you! Just ❤️ 💕 💗 love you, right?!

:lol:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU88 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:33 pm You know what's great about the Biden European trip?

No one has to worry he's going to politically fellate Putin on live TV, or sell Puerto Rico.
This aged well. :lol: :lol:

https://twitter.com/MrsT106/status/1404 ... 55878?s=20
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:30 pm
CU88 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:33 pm You know what's great about the Biden European trip?

No one has to worry he's going to politically fellate Putin on live TV, or sell Puerto Rico.

So did this… :lol: :lol:

“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:36 pm

It is telling that the Deplorables find these to be "matching" comments from a POTUS...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Pay them and they will come.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... ing-wages/

Surprise, surprise, surprise. Pay a barely living wage and you have a larger worker pool. Who woulda thunk it?

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:31 pm

She equates the US and Israel with Hamas and Taliban. Uses them ALL in the same sentence. For a reason- Moral equivalency. And then denies equating the US and Israel to Hamas and Taliban.

“We have seen unthinkable atrocities committed by the U.S., Hamas, Israel, Afghanistan, and the Taliban.”

What do I mean if I say, “I have seen unthinkable atrocities committed by MDLaxFan, John Wayne Gacey, Jeffrey Dahmer, Doc Barrister, and Ted Bundy?”

Sure, that would suggest equating...which is why she got ripped by lots of folks on the left as well as the right.

She was initially defensive, given her perception of right wing always looking to attack her, then ultimately realized that she needed to actually clarify what she meant. Pretty sure Pelosi 'splained it' to her. Did she mean the clarification or must we disbelieve her? I think she did not mean it as actual equivalency, though she did mean that US has committed atrocities.

If I say, without any such 'equating' to others, "we have seen unthinkable atrocities' by the US throughout its history and even recently", do I hate America, have "contempt for America"...I could and would definitely make such a statement (and be quite able to defend that statement as accurate) and I darn sure don't hate nor have contempt for America.

Why? Because I can walk and chew gum too.

I'd be willing to bet Doc can too.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:40 pm

It is telling that the Deplorables find these to be "matching" comments from a POTUS...
Pretty amazing that they'd like to pass these off as the same.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:31 pm

💕 ♥️ 🥰
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Even North Korea is not this nuts’: Defector slams ‘woke’ US schools

https://nypost.com/2021/06/14/north-kor ... s-schools/

The left is the opposite of America in every sense.

2022 will be an epic rout.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:20 pm

While I'm loathe to comment in any way negatively about your wife, cradle, (as I know and respect your love and care for her) and I'm sure she did deal with folks who were damaged one way or another psychologically, not sure anyone who thinks of their patients as "fruit loops", much less "did not want transgender people to exist" should ever be assigned to that particular job. There are lots of nursing jobs not requiring that particular sort of sensitivity.

When you say she "could not get through to 90% of the patients she saw" what exactly was she trying to "get through"?
One of my wifes responsibilities in "getting through" to her patients involved getting them to actually show up for their appointments. They would schedule 8 to 10 45 minute procedures a day. When she first started if 3 people actually showed up that was a good day. After 6 months and many hours spent cajoling people on the phone she had brought that number up to almost 100% of patients showing up. Where she worked was a very complex and complicated place. The first issue was getting people to show up. The second issue was dealing with people with a myriad of psych issues that made every conversation a new lesson in what to say and what not to say. One patient became irate and screamed at my wife when she gave her directions to the "ladies" room. The term fruitloops was coined by a doctor who was and I believe still is the director of colo rectal surgery at Strong Hospital. This doctor was very outspoken, with a foul mouth, who had little to no compassion or understanding of some of her patients. My wife says often that the 6 months she spent at Strong Hospital was the lowest point in her nursing career. She said this many times... how can you be an advocate for your patient when they won't even show up to the office for a procedure that would prevent them from getting anal cancer.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:51 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:20 pm

One of my wifes responsibilities in "getting through" to her patients involved getting them to actually show up for their appointments. They would schedule 8 to 10 45 minute procedures a day. When she first started if 3 people actually showed up that was a good day. After 6 months and many hours spent cajoling people on the phone she had brought that number up to almost 100% of patients showing up. Where she worked was a very complex and complicated place. The first issue was getting people to show up. The second issue was dealing with people with a myriad of psych issues that made every conversation a new lesson in what to say and what not to say. One patient became irate and screamed at my wife when she gave her directions to the "ladies" room. The term fruitloops was coined by a doctor who was and I believe still is the director of colo rectal surgery at Strong Hospital. This doctor was very outspoken, with a foul mouth, who had little to no compassion or understanding of some of her patients. My wife says often that the 6 months she spent at Strong Hospital was the lowest point in her nursing career. She said this many times... how can you be an advocate for your patient when they won't even show up to the office for a procedure that would prevent them from getting anal cancer.

I’d venture that 99% of anyone seeking to change their sex has an emotional or mental/emotional problem.

Under no circumstances should any underage American be given sex changing hormones or surgery until they reach 18. Absolutely zero exceptions to this. Make it law.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:49 pm Pay them and they will come.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... ing-wages/

Surprise, surprise, surprise. Pay a barely living wage and you have a larger worker pool. Who woulda thunk it?

... yup, this has been happening all over the place. :D
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:59 pm
CU88 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:40 pm

Pretty amazing that they'd like to pass these off as the same.
... not even in the same universe :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trump saw the First Step Act as a big part of his legacy, and the supreme court rained all over his parade. Now Joe Biden and the dems will have to fix it to save it. Wonder if they will get any help from the Trumpnista, Moscow Mitch and his gang in saving part of Orange Duce's legacy?? :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”