Syracuse 2021

D1 Womens Lacrosse
hickorystick

Re: Syracuse 2021

Post by hickorystick »

cletus, (Angus, whichever you prefer) is not being attacked for expressing opinions. It is the crudeness with which he attacked a young freshman wlaxer in a very high pressure situation being attacked by two experienced and very high intensity D girls coming at her with sticks flailing causing her to fail, and then rubbing salt in that wound with a highlight video. This is not opinion, this is cold and disrespectful.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Cletus wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:35 am Are you sure there’s no one on the current roster who can step up? Gait seems to carry a ton of players on his roster compared to other teams.
There are three underclassmen. But none played even a minute. And I do not believe they were even on the sidelines in Towson. Which just strikes me as odd. of course they'll have a goalie in 2022. and... it just strikes me as odd that this is the current situation. maybe gary doesn't put a lot of stock into players easing their way onto the field.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

I HAVE to think there’s a good goalie out there who isn’t content where she is, a la Rachel Hall. Can a team really advertise or put out feelers to see if anyone is looking? I don’t know how it works...
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:48 am maybe gary doesn't put a lot of stock into players easing their way onto the field.
Yeah! Cagekeeper alluded to that yesterday.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Cletus wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:53 am Yeah! Cagekeeper alluded to that yesterday.
not a crazy perspective. especially for a goalie.
Caddy Day
Bart

Post by Bart »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:41 pm Gary should take a page out of the men's game and just get a really good goalie from a "lesser" team to transfer.
I've been meaning to circle back to this. I just want to understand you OPINION here. It is your OPINION that GG should break one of the cardinal rules of D1 sports and contact a signed player in another roster and convince them to leave their team and go to Syracuse? That is certainly how I read " just get a good goalie from a "lesser" team to transfer"

You then state that he should start with Michelle Messenger that to the best I could come up with has not, at least that I could find quickly, entered the transfer portal? IF she has and you have seen the transfer portal or asked her then my question there moot.

As for your page out of the men's game, I am assuming it is your OPINION that the men do this all the time?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

It was a light, facetious comment. It never dawned on me that Gary Gait would read it and act on it to the letter of what I wrote.
Caddy Day
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Cagekeeper wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:19 pm Bottom line is. She’s a freshman. Bigggg game a lot of pressure. Had to sting some seniors or aa players he has sitting
These statements keep coming back to me. They have a ring of authenticity as coming from someone who knows whereof they speak. Did Gary Gait in fact mismanage his roster, giving playing time in critical situations to inexperienced rookies (which did indeed hurt them) when, as CK alleges, there were experienced seniors or All-Americans on the bench? Interesting to ponder.

watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Not familiar enough with Cuse roster ..: who did GG sit down? Maybe Alexander?
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:59 am Not familiar enough with Cuse roster ..: who did GG sit down? Maybe Alexander?
She was one but I can see why. She didn’t prove to be much of a threat during the season when she was out there. I’m sure if I looked at their roster I might be able to figure out who CK was referencing.

https://cuse.com/sports/womens-lacrosse/roster/2021
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Sierra Cockerille was another player who underperformed for Syracuse. With her size and skill and the flashes of brilliance we saw during the regular season, she was largely a no show for The Tournament.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

DMac wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:40 am You've been told before, Cletus W. Laxnut, this aint an equal opportunity sight when it comes to such goings on.
Usually the one being the biggest aszhole is going to be singled out and hear about it as is the case here. Capisce?
Let this ugly, ignoble sentiment stand as an epitaph. Long live FanLax. A place where ALL lacrosse fans are welcome.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Any word about the new Women's coach now that Gary's sliding over to the men's side?...
Caddy Day
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Sounds like a speculation article will drop shortly

https://twitter.com/samcroston1/status/ ... 44582?s=21
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Per Chris Jastrzembski twitter

So with Treanor reportedly turning down the Cuse women's job, I think you have to consider the following:

Michelle Tumolo (Wagner HC)
Katie Rowan (UAlbany HC)
Joe Spallina (Stony Brook HC)
Regy Thorpe (Pitt assistant, former Cuse assistant)
Caitlin Defliese (Cuse assistant)
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Cletus wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:02 pm Sounds like a speculation article will drop shortly

https://twitter.com/samcroston1/status/ ... 44582?s=21
https://twitter.com/samcroston1/status/ ... 01600?s=21
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

It is disheartening to see a female writer, in a female sport call out another female’s family status when discussing potential job opportunity. These factors are illegal to consider when Syracuse evaluates candidates. Note that the family status of the other candidates (I.e. Spallina has young kids in school) was not mentioned. We needs to do better.
Bart

Post by Bart »

AreaLax wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:43 pm Per Chris Jastrzembski twitter

So with Treanor reportedly turning down the Cuse women's job, I think you have to consider the following:

Katie Rowan (UAlbany HC)
Always interesting to see peoples lists. I see no mention of Pat McCabe. Former Syracuse player and head coach of Adelphi. Yet he only coaches at the D2 ranks and is probably unqualified (sarcasm.............)
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Bart wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:40 am
AreaLax wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:43 pm Per Chris Jastrzembski twitter

Katie Rowan (UAlbany HC)
Always interesting to see peoples lists. I see no mention of Pat McCabe. Former Syracuse player and head coach of Adelphi. Yet he only coaches at the D2 ranks and is probably unqualified (sarcasm.............)
Forgot about McCabe; good coach with a proven record of excellence. Anyone think Kathy Taylor would bolt from Colgate for a chance to coach in the ACC?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:15 am It is disheartening to see a female writer, in a female sport call out another female’s family status when discussing potential job opportunity. These factors are illegal to consider when Syracuse evaluates candidates. Note that the family status of the other candidates (I.e. Spallina has young kids in school) was not mentioned. We needs to do better.
Great point. Subtle, thought not even that subtle, form of discrimination.

I heard Spallina.
Caddy Day

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”