COACHING CAROUSEL 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Typical Lax Dad

Re: COACHING CAROUSEL 2021

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:29 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:21 am
ggait wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:17 am Hurley could very likely wind up at Duke down the road. Being the successor to a legend coach is often cannon fodder.

Being the successor to the successor is a better gig.

I had thought Wojo was the Duke heir apparent. But getting fired at Marquette messed that up.
I agree. It’s better to follow the guy, that followed the guy. Gary Gait would make a fine men’s lacrosse coach. I have no doubt about that. I was just poking fun as he is more popular with the 50+ crowd than the 16 year old crowd… it’s like guys our age thinking Sharon Stone is still hot, for a real fact check you have to ask a 20 something year old guy.

Wasn’t Chris Collins a Duke guy too?
*AHEM*

Sharon Stone IS still hot, as proven by her cameo on The New Pope.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt9014442/

And don’t you forget it, mister.

DocBarrister :P
:lol:
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
CU77

Post by CU77 »

ggait wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:01 am I don’t know if I’ll get the job. But I am massively well qualified to coach mlax at any D1 school.
Sorry dude, but you've been out of the game at any level for a decade, and out of the college game for three decades.
ggait wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:01 amAnd even more qualified at the school where I’ve already been head coaching for 15 years.
Coaching a sport bearing only the most superficial relationship to MLAX, and with a completely different cohort of athletes. (Surely you're not going to claim that managing the emotions of a group of young women is very similar to managing the emotions of a group of young men.) And dude, sorry, but you underperformed in that job. KAH proved it was possible to take a school with zero lax tradition to multiple national championships, whereas you proved it was possible to take a school with an enormous lax tradition to none at all.

And let's ice the cake with another failed coach from ancient times, who tried year after year running schemes that worked back in his day but that today got his team blown off the field time after time.

This Cornell fan would LOVE to see Cuse coached by Gait-Petro. Go Orange!!!
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

CU77 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:21 pm
ggait wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:01 am I don’t know if I’ll get the job. But I am massively well qualified to coach mlax at any D1 school.
Sorry dude, but you've been out of the game at any level for a decade, and out of the college game for three decades.
ggait wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:01 amAnd even more qualified at the school where I’ve already been head coaching for 15 years.
Coaching a sport bearing only the most superficial relationship to MLAX, and with a completely different cohort of athletes. (Surely you're not going to claim that managing the emotions of a group of young women is very similar to managing the emotions of a group of young men.) And dude, sorry, but you underperformed in that job. KAH proved it was possible to take a school with zero lax tradition to multiple national championships, whereas you proved it was possible to take a school with an enormous lax tradition to none at all.

And let's ice the cake with another failed coach from ancient times, who tried year after year running schemes that worked back in his day but that today got his team blown off the field time after time.

Tough crowd.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

I'm not some enormous Gait fan as a HC but 3 National Champ games is a failure?
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

10stone5 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:44 pm

Tough crowd.

Seriously. I must have missed where Syracuse ended up this year. Losing in the championship is still pretty good last time I checked. If he gets the job, it won't be the same as the women's team but coaching and preparing athletes to be successful isn't that different.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Its satire.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

JeremyCuse wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:28 pm

I'm not some enormous Gait fan as a HC but 3 National Champ games is a failure?
Everybody knows the Navy Alumni from the 60's have nothing on the Cornell Alumni from the 70's when it comes to expecting excellence.

Yeah, I know, stones, glass houses, and all that.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

JeremyCuse wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:28 pm I'm not some enormous Gait fan as a HC but 3 National Champ games is a failure?
Desko is being thrown under the bus because he hasn't won a national championship in 12 years, and the solution is a guy who's never won one? And never coached this particular sport? (OK, he's coached at the weekend-warrior "professional" level.)

But if the Cuse faithful want to go down this road, please please do!
CU77

Post by CU77 »

10stone5 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:42 pmIts satire.
It's not.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

IL just tweeted it. Gait to be SU coach. It’s real. Someone has good sources around here.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU77 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:32 pm
JeremyCuse wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:28 pm I'm not some enormous Gait fan as a HC but 3 National Champ games is a failure?
Desko is being thrown under the bus because he hasn't won a national championship in 12 years, and the solution is a guy who's never won one? And never coached this particular sport? (OK, he's coached at the weekend-warrior "professional" level.)

But if the Cuse faithful want to go down this road, please please do!
Navy MLax and Meade come to mind.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Cuse had to do something. Culture was a mess. Gait may not have experience coaching the men’s game but my guess is he gets the house in order. And he fulfills the requirement of keeping the job in the bloodline. I’d have gone for newer, younger blood but this is better than nothing.
laxrat1976

Post by laxrat1976 »

laxrat1976 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:26 am A Gait on the sideline for 'Cuse would be interesting. Would be even more interesting if it wasn't Paul...
Calling it back on May 27th
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Spallina expected to take the women’s job at Cuse
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

And my apologies for mocking whoever had this rumor earlier this week. It was real and you were right! Petro too?
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:51 pm Cuse had to do something. Culture was a mess. Gait may not have experience coaching the men’s game but my guess is he gets the house in order. And he fulfills the requirement of keeping the job in the bloodline. I’d have gone for newer, younger blood but this is better than nothing.
Agreed, I would have preferred Shay if I'm being totally honest but much like Petro last year I think it was clear a change was needed and that the status quo had run its course
Typical Lax Dad

nyjay wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:43 pm IL just tweeted it. Gait to be SU coach. It’s real. Someone has good sources around here.
I saw it on a text chain earlier this week. Shrugged it off.
Typical Lax Dad

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:51 pm Cuse had to do something. Culture was a mess. Gait may not have experience coaching the men’s game but my guess is he gets the house in order. And he fulfills the requirement of keeping the job in the bloodline. I’d have gone for newer, younger blood but this is better than nothing.
He is going to do a good job coaching the men’s team. I am happy for him.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:15 pm
nyjay wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:43 pm IL just tweeted it. Gait to be SU coach. It’s real. Someone has good sources around here.
I saw it on a text chain earlier this week. Shrugged it off.
Gait isn’t that surprising. But the Petro and Spallina pieces seem real too. Amazing.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”