Nassau Section VIII

HS Boys Lacrosse
JoeMauer89

Re: Nassau Section VIII

Post by JoeMauer89 »

https://www.newsday.com/sports/high-sch ... 1.50257468

LIC is happening this season, not that it was ever in doubt.

JoeMauer89!
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:31 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:50 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:31 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:45 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:23 pm
kr522 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:10 pm hey guys....what have i missed ;) hope everyone survived the past year in good health

glad to see they reopened this website.....not as much traffic as in the past, but hopefully that changes. Fingers cross the powers that be give us an LICs this year

who won the GC-Syosset game yesterday?
Syosset 6 GC 5

JoeMauer89!
The Syosset goalie was en fuego. At least 13 saves(I counted 15). Did Chaminade play St.A's yesterday? Newsday had nothing.
Manhasset-CSH 630PM tonight at Cold Spring Harbor.

JoeMauer89!
Is it going to be on Varsity You Tube?
Although the game was not on Varsity Media (aka GC Media- They are doing one Manhasset game [Garden City] and a majority go Garden City games. I e-mailed them to ask why) I did watch it on NFHS Network. It is a bare bones (no announcing in most cases) service available by subscription for $10.99/mo. or $69.99/yr. They do a great variety of sports from all over the country. If Jr. High hoops is your jam this is the service for you. They are also doing Manhasset's games (read "home") tonight vs. Bethpage and Saturday vs.LV.
Unfortunately, it's not. Not sure why, it absolutely should be. I am trying to get updates currently, will post when I do.

Manhasset 12 CSH 5 Final

JoeMauer89!
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

random observer wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:22 pm
kr522 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:42 am Does anyone know the mix of Manhasset seniors vs underclassmen? I know mulholland is graduating this year, not sure about anyone else
Pretty good balance of Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores. Mulholland (Michigan), Garcia (Marquette), Connor (Colgate), and Giaccobe (Amherst) are all senior contributors. Juniors are Terenzi (UVA), Perfetto (Cornell), and Panzik (Air Force); there's also Dawson Reilly (Bryant) who hasn't been in the box score -- injury? A bunch of sophomores have gotten time too including Gately, Peterson, Haggerty, Cargiulo, Connor, and the FOGO Girard. They are loaded for the next few years.
I differ somewhat with this analysis. While the pipeline is always full this year's team is a "once in a decade" type team and, had there been a State Championship tournament, would have been a favorite to win it, in "B" or "C". As it turned out they are "C" exactly on the number. But there would have been tough challenges in either classification. I don't think it can be said that the same will apply to next year's team.Approximately 60% of their goals have come from Seniors; likely a higher percentage at times when games were in doubt. Mulholland is an all time MHS Lax great. Connor, the (undefeated County Champ) football QB is an excellent athlete. And Garcia is a hard nosed old school middie. They also lose Jake Tolentino, a Georgetown commit D man, who has not been playing due to injury. I love your optimism but that's a lot to lose.
kr522

Post by kr522 »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:52 pm
random observer wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:22 pm
kr522 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:42 am Does anyone know the mix of Manhasset seniors vs underclassmen? I know mulholland is graduating this year, not sure about anyone else
Pretty good balance of Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores. Mulholland (Michigan), Garcia (Marquette), Connor (Colgate), and Giaccobe (Amherst) are all senior contributors. Juniors are Terenzi (UVA), Perfetto (Cornell), and Panzik (Air Force); there's also Dawson Reilly (Bryant) who hasn't been in the box score -- injury? A bunch of sophomores have gotten time too including Gately, Peterson, Haggerty, Cargiulo, Connor, and the FOGO Girard. They are loaded for the next few years.
I differ somewhat with this analysis. While the pipeline is always full this year's team is a "once in a decade" type team and, had there been a State Championship tournament, would have been a favorite to win it, in "B" or "C". As it turned out they are "C" exactly on the number. But there would have been tough challenges in either classification. I don't think it can be said that the same will apply to next year's team.Approximately 60% of their goals have come from Seniors; likely a higher percentage at times when games were in doubt. Mulholland is an all time MHS Lax great. Connor, the (undefeated County Champ) football QB is an excellent athlete. And Garcia is a hard nosed old school middie. They also lose Jake Tolentino, a Georgetown commit D man, who has not been playing due to injury. I love your optimism but that's a lot to lose.
it's a lot to lose for sure, one thing i didn't love watching the GC game was their commitment or ability to play defense. that's an area of possible improvement, especially looking at how well the program has played D in the past. i don't know how their D pipeline looks
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

In addition to Tolentino they lose Jordan Gangram who is their next best LSM/ D man and a good one. They beat Bethpage tonight 17-4 after being up, I believe, 13-4 at the half.Hard to tell with no sound but it looked like they might have blown off the 4th quarter. Bethpage had been 6-1 and I’ve seen plenty of worse teams. Their goalie made a bunch of saves. Looks like the class to look at are the Sophs. Aidan Haggerty, Jack Petersen, starting FOGO Cal Girard, Connor Gately are good ones. There is a 10th grader named Jack Mulholland at D who, I assume, is Aidan’s brother and therefore assume is a player. And I would be remiss not to mention 11th grader and UVA commit Joey Terenzi, the heir apparent to the 32 jersey.
Last edited by fordmaddoxford on Thu May 27, 2021 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:35 pm In addition to Tolentino they lose Jordan Gangram who is their next best LSM/ D man and a good one. They beat Bethpage tonight 17-4 after being up, I believe, 13-4 at the half. Bethpage had not lost a game and I’ve seen plenty of worse teams. Their goalie made a bunch of saves. Looks like the class to look at are the Sophs. Aidan Haggerty, Jack Petersen, starting FOGO Cal Girard, Connor Gately are good ones. There is a 10th grader named Jack Mulholland at D who, I assume, is Aidan’s brother and therefore assume is a player. And I would be remiss not to mention 11th grader and UVA commit Joey Terenzi, the heir apparent to the 32 jersey.
Manhasset has a ton of good 2023 and 2024's so while they may not be as experienced next year, I don't expect them to drop much. Maybe not at the level they are playing this year, but not much below that. Girard will be a year bigger and stronger next year art FO, that will become a position of dominance for Set. More goalies in the pipeline too. If they had somehow kept both Balsamos, just forget about it!

JoeMauer89!
random observer

Post by random observer »

With a program like Manhasset, I'd expect the majority of goals to come from seniors in most years. Time will tell where this team will stack up with subsequent ones (and at least offensively, it will be hard for anyone to do better than equal the 2021 squad), but for a team with such a great 2021 class, there are an awful lot of underclassmen getting run, which I think speaks to what they have coming. Mulholland is a special player that I reckon has now sort of flown under the radar nationally relative to his talent, and certainly Conor is a guy who is under appreciated. But I don't see much drop off from the 2021 class to the 2022 on the offensive side of things: Mulholland => Terenzi, Conor => Perfetto, Giaccobe => Riley, Garcia => Panzik. I've already mentioned a bunch of the 2023 middies who have filled the stat sheet, but there are certainly others on the JV who will be making vital contributions in the future as well (the younger Mack at attack, for example).

Bottomline is it's a really good time to be a Manhasset fan. I think we're seeing the early stages of another golden era the likes of which the program hasn't seen in about a decade.
kr522

Post by kr522 »

it is a good time to be a fan, and let's give Cromwell credit too....as you mentioned the last time they looked this good was when he was O/C. it's a shame we don't get to see this group against Chaminade, St A's and Darien.

but next year GC will have Cascadden back next year and I would expect that to matter. if we're back in Bs, as always everything runs through GC
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Manhasset’s 17-4 win over Bethpage was in 3 quarters. Lightning storm; just as well.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:59 pm Manhasset’s 17-4 win over Bethpage was in 3 quarters. Lightning storm; just as well.
Fordmaddoxford: The referee acted as THE GOOD SOLDIER,calling the game after 3Qs.Not that this is THE PARADES END for the Manhasset team.Can't envision any Nassau team has a shot ant beating them.
random observer

Post by random observer »

Is there a reason they couldn't get St. A's and Chaminade on the schedule this year? I'd favor this Set team over each of them.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:35 pm In addition to Tolentino they lose Jordan Gangram who is their next best LSM/ D man and a good one. They beat Bethpage tonight 17-4 after being up, I believe, 13-4 at the half.Hard to tell with no sound but it looked like they might have blown off the 4th quarter. Bethpage had been 6-1 and I’ve seen plenty of worse teams. Their goalie made a bunch of saves. Looks like the class to look at are the Sophs. Aidan Haggerty, Jack Petersen, starting FOGO Cal Girard, Connor Gately are good ones. There is a 10th grader named Jack Mulholland at D who, I assume, is Aidan’s brother and therefore assume is a player. And I would be remiss not to mention 11th grader and UVA commit Joey Terenzi, the heir apparent to the 32 jersey.
Looking forward to the day Terenzi plays for the HOOS!
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

random observer wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:34 pm Is there a reason they couldn't get St. A's and Chaminade on the schedule this year? I'd favor this Set team over each of them.
Covid restrictions from all sides
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

Nice to see you finally found this forum. Hope everything is good. Set is having a banner year in all sports and genders. Too bad they can't keep going to States. Sorry to say haven't seen a game in person in over a year now, maybe the LIC. Believe it or not Mulholland was thinking about walking on at Michigan football, don't know if he or they decided he could or not but at someplace in his career it would not surprise me
kr522

Post by kr522 »

thanks FF, was excited to see this place still existed/got reincarnated and that you and Murf among others are still active....seems like we lost a few others (notably Stickhead). I watched the Woodstick, and hoping to go to LICs, but Manhasset has to make it first - I'm sure Bonn will have some tricks up his sleeve for the rematch! the only possible flaw I see with this team is goals against seem to come kinda easy, but this offense is prolific.
Mulholland looks like an animal

sorry the Flyers lost to St As.... :x
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Nassau County playoffs will begin Wednesday June 9th at Mitchell Field. Games will return to the previous A,B,C and D format. No LICs but grateful that there was a season,shortened as it was.
xcoach

Post by xcoach »

LONG ISLAND CHAMPIONSHIP games will be held at East Islip HS on Saturday, June 19.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

xcoach wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:33 pm LONG ISLAND CHAMPIONSHIP games will be held at East Islip HS on Saturday, June 19.

Class C will be at 5:30PM on 6/19/21 at East Islip HS. Looking like Manhasset versus Mt. Sinai/SWR winner. Probably the game of the year.

Joe
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Just read that SouthSide beat Massapequa 11-10. When was the last time Pequa lost to SS ?
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

wahoomurf wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:39 pm Nassau County playoffs will begin Wednesday June 9th at Mitchell Field. Games will return to the previous A,B,C and D format. No LICs but grateful that there was a season,shortened as it was.
I assumed the Nassau County playoffs started today.Nothing on the BOCES Section 8 schedule nor the Newsday Lacrosse website.Surprised yet chuffed the LICs are back.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”