Patriot League 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
kramerica.inc

Re: Patriot League 2019

Post by kramerica.inc »

Three Lafayette players have been named in a lawsuit involving the death McRae Williams.

Parents filing a civil lawsuit.

Wonder what, if any, evidence has changed.

https://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc- ... story.html
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In the name of transparency, there was a link to a picture of the three accused boys etc. As this is a new situation for us, I removed the link until we decide how to handle issues of this ilk. This should be a one-time event. Just need to decide how to manage links, pics, etc.. Not fake-news but news that is about college players who are young and have not yet been convicted.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Fair enough to me.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The Three Players article was originally posted within this Patriot League thread and, for now, we're putting it in Hamsterdam. People should be able to discuss this. The question is where. i.e. Lafayette Lacrosse fans and other people who know these boys shouldn't have this discussion staring them in the face every time they want to read about goings-on in the Patriot League. But... People should be able to discuss this. So we moved it. If you're curious, the Post Policy question is, What to do with Not-So-Positive Posts?
oldskoollax

Post by oldskoollax »

Patriot league pre-season rankings and all conference

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ence/53549
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

LSM - Ryan McNulty, Loyola
My annual
Jon Heisman, Bishop Shanahan (PA) props post.

Heisman over 400 prep wins.
McNulty, the top recruit to come out of that school and not
surprising a ball handling defenseman, as that was
Heisman’s background. Be curious if McNulty employs the
patented Heisman over the top takeaway, though I’d
suspect Toomey finds that move too risky.

Spencer and McNulty and Stover, the stars, this is their year if there ever was one for Loyola, discounting of course 2012.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Reading that Bucknell was on the short end of the stick vs York this past weekend. How did they do in the scrimmage vs Towson?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

Colgate made a statement tonight with their thrashing of Syracuse in the Dome. Should be a great season! Go Hounds!
Tecumseh

Post by Tecumseh »

Superior effort by the Red Raiders in the Dome. Sweet way to start the season. New coaching staff and a new attitude pays big dividends.

“T”
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Colgate's W was big. Army's W was bigger.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Given how the first couple PL teams have played, will loyola run the table in conference play, or will another team other than Lehigh challenge?
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Sllaxdad

Post by Sllaxdad »

just one person's opinion, but Loyola can run the table in most leagues. They are well coached, have star talent and depth. As a fan of another league member, i wish them well and look forward to see how the league unfolds this year. should be fun to watch.
TheBigIguana

Post by TheBigIguana »

houndace1 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:26 pm Given how the first couple PL teams have played, will loyola run the table in conference play, or will another team other than Lehigh challenge?
Army look good but they did last year early as well before collapsing and they haven't played even a close game with Loyola since Spencer stepped on campus. They'll have to break those trends but I think they may have found a more consistent offense.
Navy is a decent team who we will learn a lot about this weekend but they tend to throw their season away early in the PL tournament. Hopefully they can avoid that this time.
Colgate seemed to get brushed aside pretty easily by Maryland so for jury is out on them but they should be in the hunt.
Lehigh won't be a factor until they get healthy and with Pettit out for the year it may not even matter that some of the other guys should come back.
I haven't seen Boston U, Bucknell, Holy Cross or Lafayette play yet. I don't think Holy Cross or Lafayette will be factors in the PL tournament this year. Bucknell usually gives the hounds trouble so if I had to pick a game for them to lose it would be in Lewisburg. My guess is Loyola will win the league again though.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

TheBigIguana wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:24 pm
houndace1 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:26 pm Given how the first couple PL teams have played, will loyola run the table in conference play, or will another team other than Lehigh challenge?
Army look good but they did last year early as well before collapsing and they haven't played even a close game with Loyola since Spencer stepped on campus. They'll have to break those trends but I think they may have found a more consistent offense.
Navy is a decent team who we will learn a lot about this weekend but they tend to throw their season away early in the PL tournament. Hopefully they can avoid that this time.
Colgate seemed to get brushed aside pretty easily by Maryland so for jury is out on them but they should be in the hunt.
Lehigh won't be a factor until they get healthy and with Pettit out for the year it may not even matter that some of the other guys should come back.
I haven't seen Boston U, Bucknell, Holy Cross or Lafayette play yet. I don't think Holy Cross or Lafayette will be factors in the PL tournament this year. Bucknell usually gives the hounds trouble so if I had to pick a game for them to lose it would be in Lewisburg. My guess is Loyola will win the league again though.
thats what i was thinking too. WIth Pettit and spence both out for lehigh it really diminishes their offense output so maybe they wont challenge loyola as much what some have thought in preseason. Colgate looks better than last year due to their new staff, plus they beat a nice Cuse team. BU will be good because of Chris gray and that offense. But the teams i worry about the most are definitely the service academies
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Up to 5 PL teams currently ranked in various top 20 polls.
PL will be a meat grinder this year.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

thatsmell wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:23 pm Up to 5 PL teams currently ranked in various top 20 polls.
PL will be a meat grinder this year.
Hoping that the Hounds are what they look to be....the Men's win at Hop eased the pain of the Women losing earlier in the day...
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Regardless of whether they win or lose, Lehigh is extremely likely to clinch a Patriot League tournament berth today. At this point, the only way that I can see they miss the tournament is if there is a 6-way tie between teams at 5-3 for spots 1-6. This would take an extremely specific -- and highly unlikely -- set of outcomes from here on out to happen.

I believe that Loyola is likely to clinch their berth today also with a win over Colgate, but I haven't checked those scenarios just yet.
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Hawkeye wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:47 am Regardless of whether they win or lose, Lehigh is extremely likely to clinch a Patriot League tournament berth today.
Lehigh has now officially clinched their berth for the 2019 Patriot League tournament. They are very likely to clinch a first round bye in the coming weeks, but that has not happened just yet.

Loyola and Army still technically can miss the tournament, but only on very complicated sets of tiebreakers if lots of teams end up finishing at 4-4. This is almost certainly not going to happen. Both teams will likely clinch their spots in the Patriot League tournament next week, regardless of the outcome of their games.

There are essentially three spots remaining in the tournament up for grabs now.
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

The next few weeks will be very telling for every single team. Given next weeks matchup between Loyola and Lehigh, the winner of that will gain the inside track and most likely host the tournament given everything else is smooth sailing
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”