Syracuse 2021

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Re: Syracuse 2021

Post by Matnum PI »

Gary should take a page out of the men's game and just get a really good goalie from a "lesser" team to transfer.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:41 pm Gary should take a page out of the men's game and just get a really good goalie from a "lesser" team to transfer.
Nice--and who wouldn't want to transfer to Syracuse to play for Gait?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Cletus wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:58 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:41 pm Gary should take a page out of the men's game and just get a really good goalie from a "lesser" team to transfer.
And be all but guaranteed to play in the Final Four. The way of the D1 lacrosse world...
Caddy Day
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Bart wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:44 am Took a mighty big swipe at Emma Ward with a video of here worst play of the game. Notice you did not post her two goals or assist. I'm sure you really meant it to be constructive and not inflamitory.................
Just to finish this thought, here are the other two times Ward coughed up the ball as soon as BC employed their quickstrike double team. I thought all three of her turnovers were pretty bad. No sound, just game film.

In the assessment I gave of how I saw the game, Ward didn't handle the double team well. The footage and the three turnovers on the score sheet bear that out.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:00 pm
Cletus wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:58 pm
And be all but guaranteed to play in the Final Four. The way of the D1 lacrosse world...
Absolutely--with their leaders back and a good but hard lesson under their belts from the disappointing loss to BC to stiffen their resolve, I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't back there again next year.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Goalies for hire: https://www.ncaa.com/stats/lacrosse-wom ... vidual/242

I'd start with Niagara's Messenger.
Caddy Day
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:52 pm Goalies for hire: https://www.ncaa.com/stats/lacrosse-wom ... vidual/242

I'd start with Niagara's Messenger.
Wow goldstock 49! Crazy
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

Cletus wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:47 pm
Bart wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:44 am Took a mighty big swipe at Emma Ward with a video of here worst play of the game. Notice you did not post her two goals or assist. I'm sure you really meant it to be constructive and not inflamitory.................
Just to finish this thought, here are the other two times Ward coughed up the ball as soon as BC employed their quickstrike double team. I thought all three of her turnovers were pretty bad. No sound, just game film.

In the assessment I gave of how I saw the game, Ward didn't handle the double team well. The footage and the three turnovers on the score sheet bear that out.
Bottom line is. She’s a freshman. Bigggg game a lot of pressure. Had to sting some seniors or aa players he has sitting
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Cagekeeper wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:19 pm

Bottom line is. She’s a freshman. Bigggg game a lot of pressure. Had to sting some seniors or aa players he has sitting
Wow! I hadn't even considered that angle. Nice point.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:37 am The whole "Buffalos Bills" perspective where there's shame in winning a LOT but not winning it all always confused me. Never understood it.
It's like taking the bar exam four times, or failing your driving test for your license, or getting kept back in school four years in a row. That's one element of it.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Cletus wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:06 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:37 am The whole "Buffalos Bills" perspective where there's shame in winning a LOT but not winning it all always confused me. Never understood it.
It's like taking the bar exam four times, or failing your driving test for your license, or getting kept back in school four years in a row. That's one element of it.
All your examples are clearing a hurdle. Games are sum zero. Your team could be EXCELLENT and... the other team is just better. Games speak to relativity. And... It's not easy to get to the Super Bowl! Let alone repeatedly.
Caddy Day
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:14 pm
Cletus wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:06 pm
All your examples are clearing a hurdle. Games are sum zero. Your team could be EXCELLENT and... the other team is just better. Games speak to relativity. And... It's not easy to get to the Super Bowl! Let alone repeatedly.
True, but ya just wanna win it once, ya know? There's something in the human spirit that wants to win. (excuse the digression) 😉
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Agreed. You want gold. But if you win Silver 4 times in 4 different olympics or whatever, you're still really fast.
Caddy Day
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:07 pm Agreed. You want gold. But if you win Silver 4 times in 4 different olympics or whatever, you're still really fast.
That's the Olympics, though. The Buffalo Bills didn't win anything those four years except for the infamous distinction of being a four time Super Bowl loser. Have you ever watched The Four Falls of Buffalo? It's an ESPN 30 for 30 feature. If you still have your espn+ subscription, you can watch it. I'm sure that will shed more light than I am able to concoct analogies for.

Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Cagekeeper wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:19 pm

Another factoid about Ward's performance in the final. All three of her turnovers were immediately cashed on the other end for goals. So that would seem to cancel her 2 goals and 1 assist.
hickorystick

Post by hickorystick »

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly.
So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
– Theodore Roosevelt
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

hickorystick wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:09 am
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly.
So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
– Theodore Roosevelt
Applied to sports in America, that pretty much disqualifies 99% of us. Nice quote but, not applicable here.
hickorystick

Post by hickorystick »

One need not qualify to be a critic, any fool can be one. The quote can be applied to all phases of life, sports
included. It's not only applicable here but appropriate as well.
Bart

Post by Bart »

hickorystick wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:13 am One need not qualify to be a critic, any fool can be one. The quote can be applied to all phases of life, sports
included. It's not only applicable here but appropriate as well.
+1
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Cletus wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:57 amThat's the Olympics, though. The Buffalo Bills didn't win anything those four years except for the infamous distinction of being a four time Super Bowl loser. Have you ever watched The Four Falls of Buffalo? It's an ESPN 30 for 30 feature. If you still have your espn+ subscription, you can watch it. I'm sure that will shed more light than I am able to concoct analogies for.
Seen it. Maybe I'll watch it again. And I don't agree with the Buffalo Bills perspective. They weren't nothing. They were AFC Champions. Repeatedly. They were great.
Caddy Day

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”