Re: Maryland 2021

Post by NYterp09 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:12 pm
NYterp09 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:06 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:02 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:56 pm
NYterp09 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:52 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:34 pm
nyjay wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:52 pm Dear Terp Fans - Congratulations on a great season and an awesome team. Great game to watch today. Tillman runs a first rate program and his guys play hard, skillfully and with a lot of class. He's also not half the douchebag Tiffany is. Hate to admit it, but was really rooting for them and wish it had turned out differently for you guys. Really thought you had a chance at the end. That said, 2022 starts now and I'm looking forward to the Blue Jays taking the big, stupid, wooden crab back to Baltimore (which is really in Maryland, not in "DC Maryland').
i see the guys that are all for your comment.
my assumption is that neither you nor anyone that pumped this comment ever played at anything close to a high level.

that is nothing like the lacrosse community is about. so i know who you are. and i know what the guys that "liked" your comment are.

great job, terps. sorry you (and hop) have fans like this.
What are you even on about here? I genuinely have no idea.
you calling a coach a douchebag. what are you on here for? i'd guess we'd all do well if you buzzed out.
no one would care. guaranteed.
Two different guys.

But hey, 09, did you really miss the "douchebag" comment?
Uh no...but did I somehow need to address every single thing that was said by nyjay? I think Lars will be just fine without me defending him on a message board.
Yes, Lars will indeed be fine...but you jumped in with a question that sounded as if you'd either missed it or were choosing to ignore it...and then "butthurt"?

wgdsr didn't insult another team's coach as a "douchebag", a Hop supporter did...and you act like you missed it or choose to ignore it...
Yes, I ignored it because I don’t really care either way. I don’t know enough about Lars to have an opinion one way or the other, but I absolutely I took issue with holier-than-tho wgdsr acting like we’re all low life’s because we didn’t immediately jump to the defense of a coach who just won back to back championships, even though no one expressed any kind of support for nyjays opinion whatsoever. He (wgdsr) has always been a pretentious douche and I’m sick of it. Especially on a board for a team he doesn’t support.
NYterp09

Post by NYterp09 »

wgdsr wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:10 pm
NYterp09 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:08 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:05 pm
nyjay wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:52 pm Dear Terp Fans - Congratulations on a great season and an awesome team. Great game to watch today. Tillman runs a first rate program and his guys play hard, skillfully and with a lot of class. He's also not half the douchebag Tiffany is. Hate to admit it, but was really rooting for them and wish it had turned out differently for you guys. Really thought you had a chance at the end. That said, 2022 starts now and I'm looking forward to the Blue Jays taking the big, stupid, wooden crab back to Baltimore (which is really in Maryland, not in "DC Maryland').
my assumption is that neither you nor anyone that pumped this comment ever played at anything close to a high level.

that is nothing like the lacrosse community is about. so i know who you are. and i know what the guys that "liked" your comment are.

you calling a coach a douchebag. what are you on here for? i'd guess we'd all do well if you buzzed out.
Two different guys.

lol. this guy defending the 1st guy's comment. and then tossing another.

he can pound sand, too.
Man it really must be tough being such a victim all the time. You should seriously try giving it a rest. Or maybe just don’t stalk the Maryland board looking to pick fights all the time...
yeah, victim.
that's my gig. check the md thread or any other and see how that's been going.
play it off my man.

i see you.
You literally can’t see your hand in front of your face...but go on and keep on seeing me...whatever tf that even means
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Any informed update on UMD’s incoming class? Good, great, average?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Congrats on a great year, and many thanks to your team, coaches and program for setting a standard of excellence that all fans of the game can envy.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

NYterp09 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:22 pm

Two different guys.

Uh no...but did I somehow need to address every single thing that was said by nyjay? I think Lars will be just fine without me defending him on a message board.
Yes, Lars will indeed be fine...but you jumped in with a question that sounded as if you'd either missed it or were choosing to ignore it...and then "butthurt"?

wgdsr didn't insult another team's coach as a "douchebag", a Hop supporter did...and you act like you missed it or choose to ignore it...
Yes, I ignored it because I don’t really care either way. I don’t know enough about Lars to have an opinion one way or the other, but I absolutely I took issue with holier-than-tho wgdsr acting like we’re all low life’s because we didn’t immediately jump to the defense of a coach who just won back to back championships, even though no one expressed any kind of support for nyjays opinion whatsoever. He (wgdsr) has always been a pretentious douche and I’m sick of it. Especially on a board for a team he doesn’t support.
nice. so it goes.
your board (which by the way, isn't yours, that continues to ve be the most absurd of statements) says a coach is a d-bag, and i see it... i'm commenting no matter what team it is. you had the chance to bag out and say yada missed it, and you didn't. you dug in on moi. the "douche". so you confirmed yourself.

i'm sure everyone can read.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

seacoaster wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:25 pm Congrats on a great year, and many thanks to your team, coaches and program for setting a standard of excellence that all fans of the game can envy.
True, no one has had more consistent success the past decade than Coach Tillman. Even so, Memorial Day has been tough, with Tillman “just” 1-5 now. Of course, few coaches ever get to reach the Finals as many times as Tillman has.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
NYterp09

Post by NYterp09 »

wgdsr wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:28 pm

Two different guys.

nice. so it goes.
your board (which by the way, isn't yours, that continues to ve be the most absurd of statements) says a coach is a d-bag, and i see it... i'm commenting no matter what team it is. you had the chance to bag out and say yada missed it, and you didn't. you dug in on moi. the "douche". so you confirmed yourself.

Lol that’s your zinger? To pretend like I said something that I didn’t? If you can actually read then feel free to tell me where I said this board was mine or anything like it you absolute clown. Just go away already. Your team won, stop being so goddamn petty.
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

Not for nothing guys, but can we stop the "X seems like a douche" topic on this thread? Not related to Maryland....
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

any narrative that runs on maryland can't win and are 1 and whatever are dumb. they've consistently been the best program, getting to the last game should never be a millstone.

and they're the best bet to be back battling again
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

NYterp09 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:42 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:28 pm

Two different guys.

nice. so it goes.

Lol that’s your zinger? To pretend like I said something that I didn’t? If you can actually read then feel free to tell me where I said this board was mine or anything like it you absolute clown. Just go away already. Your team won, stop being so goddamn petty.
like no one i've ever met from umd lacrosse.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

wgdsr wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:43 pm any narrative that runs on maryland can't win and are 1 and whatever are dumb. they've consistently been the best program, getting to the last game should never be a millstone.

and they're the best bet to be back battling again
I don’t disagree. It’s like those folks who pick Montana over Brady because Brady has more Super Bowl losses. But you don’t discredit a guy for reaching the Super Bowl ... ever.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:08 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:04 pm Sometimes Lars' good-guy routine comes off as a tad performative, but I wouldn't call him a douche, and I admire that he's not afraid to be/act a little different from the usual D1 lax coach mold. Milliman is not the same but he's similar to Tiffany in that he does things his own way and doesn't seem to care what anyone thinks of it. As a fan, that is refreshing.

And clearly—whatever Tiffany is doing is working.
+1

Whether it's actually "performative" rather than genuine, I do think he's very conscious about the culture he wants to build.

I happen to think it's also genuine.
Just consciously and thoughtfully so.
The man is an excellent coach, no doubt about that. His persona rubs me the wrong way. Sorry about that. But it just does. It goes back to his Brown days. Has to do with more than the native stuff. Is that an opinion I’m not allowed to have? Or was I just too descriptive in my expression of it? Didn’t mean to hijack the thread.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

PulpExposure wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:43 pm Not for nothing guys, but can we stop the "X seems like a douche" topic on this thread? Not related to Maryland....
Certainly would be more pleasant. :D

But sheesh, posters join in to (deservedly) compliment the UMD program, coaches, players, including those from opposing programs...and someone (happens to be Hop fan) decides to throw a bomb at the opponents coach, out of the blue...and of course that's going to give rise to an objection, then a UMD fan rides in somehow in defense; objector objects, and the UMD fan throws the bomb at him...

That's the only relationship to Maryland.
One fan, apparently with some history with the opposing fan who objected to the initial insult.

Here's a thought...how about congratulating the UVA program, coaches, and players?
It would be timely.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

nyjay wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:15 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:04 pm Sometimes Lars' good-guy routine comes off as a tad performative, but I wouldn't call him a douche, and I admire that he's not afraid to be/act a little different from the usual D1 lax coach mold. Milliman is not the same but he's similar to Tiffany in that he does things his own way and doesn't seem to care what anyone thinks of it. As a fan, that is refreshing.

+1

Whether it's actually "performative" rather than genuine, I do think he's very conscious about the culture he wants to build.

The man is an excellent coach, no doubt about that. His persona rubs me the wrong way. Sorry about that. But it just does. It goes back to his Brown days. Has to do with more than the native stuff. Is that an opinion I’m not allowed to have? Or was I just too descriptive in my expression of it? Didn’t mean to hijack the thread.
I can certainly imagine that different people would get 'rubbed' different ways by Tiffany's "persona".

You needn't be "sorry" about that...calling him a "douchebag" is another matter.

Just my opinion, of course.
NYterp09

Post by NYterp09 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:25 pm
PulpExposure wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:43 pm Not for nothing guys, but can we stop the "X seems like a douche" topic on this thread? Not related to Maryland....

But sheesh, posters join in to (deservedly) compliment the UMD program, coaches, players, including those from opposing programs...and someone (happens to be Hop fan) decides to throw a bomb at the opponents coach, out of the blue...and of course that's going to give rise to an objection, then a UMD fan rides in somehow in defense; objector objects, and the UMD fan throws the bomb at him...

One fan, apparently with some history with the opposing fan who objected to the initial insult.

Here's a thought...how about congratulating the UVA program, coaches, and players?
It would be timely.
Relax dude nothing that was said was a “bomb,” stop being so dramatic. And Virginia deserves plenty of praise, but that’s what the Virginia board is for.

I’d also like to again point out the obvious that I literally never defended calling Lars a douche.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:25 pm

It would be timely.
Then take it up with the Hopkins fan who called Lars a douche or whoever the hell said it. This is the Maryland board. There’s plenty of congratulations and praise for UVA wherever you want to look
molo

Post by molo »

Congratulations to Maryland on a great season. Hope to see them again next May.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

molo wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:38 pm Congratulations to Maryland on a great season. Hope to see them again next May.
Agreed.Congratulations to a fantastic Maryland Team on one of the greatest runs in recent times. I wasn't at the game, but really respected watching Tillman on the broadcast showing so much grace and sportsmanship after such a grueling hard fought game. He gets what's important and will be back sooner than later. It ain't just about the wins. Will we ever see a Final 4 and championship game with as much talent as this year? both of these teams would be champs in most years....I think doubtful we see their like again soon.
Last edited by blue angels on Mon May 31, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

+1

"the native stuff" :oops:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

tech37 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:10 pm

+1

"the native stuff" :oops:
Reminds me of a middle school girl at a Starbucks. 😂😂
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”