D1 Mens Lacrosse
camskidamski

2021 National Championship UVA vs UMD

Post by camskidamski »

What a game this will be...can not wait for Memorial Day
Ivyman

Re: 2021 National Championship UVA vs UMD

Post by Ivyman »

Anybody else find it funny that NCAA avoiding traditional pregame lineup handshake when faceoff guys have their heads 8 inches apart 25 times a game and there's body checking and belly-up defense all around the crease and GLE? :lol: :roll:
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Ivyman wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:44 am Anybody else find it funny that NCAA avoiding traditional pregame lineup handshake when faceoff guys have their heads 8 inches apart 25 times a game and there's body checking and belly-up defense all around the crease and GLE? :lol: :roll:
If your observation were not enough to point out an example of virtue-signaling, I know the B1G, and presumably the ACC as well, have an intensive testing cycle, and I would also presume that by now that all players, coaches, and referees have been vaccinated and/or have natural immunity.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Ivyman wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:44 am Anybody else find it funny that NCAA avoiding traditional pregame lineup handshake when faceoff guys have their heads 8 inches apart 25 times a game and there's body checking and belly-up defense all around the crease and GLE? :lol: :roll:
Yeah the awkwardness happened last weekend too when the goalies ran to shake hands just like McNaney and Adler while the refs begged them to stop. Then 5 seconds later you have 2 face-off guys breathing on each other. Just don't do the teams meeting thing if that is some sort of superspreader event.

Thankfully, the Ivy league cancelled sports and they are much safer and healthier than these poor souls.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

keno in reno wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:28 am
Yeah the awkwardness happened last weekend too when the goalies ran to shake hands just like McNaney and Adler while the refs begged them to stop. Then 5 seconds later you have 2 face-off guys breathing on each other. Just don't do the teams meeting thing if that is some sort of superspreader event.

Thankfully, the Ivy league cancelled sports and they are much safer and healthier than these poor souls.
😂😂

While Lars and other coaches wear masks facing the field, then take them off to talk to the players and officials. It has turned in to a comedy of errors. Pure foolishness.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
nyclaxfan

Maryland versus UVA

Post by nyclaxfan »

Did anyone see UVA’s Matt Moore go into the tunnel in the first half of the UNC game? He looked like he was favoring his wrist a bit in the second half. That is a huge part of the game tomorrow if he is not 100%.

Also, the UVA coach at the end of the UNC game said he put freshman close-D #39 in a huge situation at the end of the game? What was he referring to?
tech37

Re: Maryland versus UVA

Post by tech37 »

nyclaxfan wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:57 pm Did anyone see UVA’s Matt Moore go into the tunnel in the first half of the UNC game? He looked like he was favoring his wrist a bit in the second half. That is a huge part of the game tomorrow if he is not 100%.

Also, the UVA coach at the end of the UNC game said he put freshman close-D #39 in a huge situation at the end of the game? What was he referring to?
If you believe them... the commentators mentioned Moore's shoulder.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

nyclaxfan wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:57 pm Did anyone see UVA’s Matt Moore go into the tunnel in the first half of the UNC game? He looked like he was favoring his wrist a bit in the second half. That is a huge part of the game tomorrow if he is not 100%.

Didn't he put him on the ball coming out of the last TO with 20 seconds left ?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

44WeWantMore wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:37 pm Mod: May want to combine this thread with: https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=290&t=2933 Better yet: https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=290&t=2943
Done. Thanks.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

When Shellenberger hits an upper corner, he *hits an upper corner*. So curious to see what he does tomorrow...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Maryland has a "team of destiny" feel to it, and Bernhardt is on a mission. He seems unwilling to let Maryland lose.

Moore's shoulder injury is worrisome from a UVA perspective, but I don't think it changes much. Grill on Shellenberger. Makar on Moore. They're going to do what they've done to every attack unit since the end of the regular season.

Rode and Lasalla are the X-factors for UVA. Rode can absolutely steal a game. He plays a high crease and disrupts shooting angles. Even in the game where Cuse put up 20 goals, Rode still made 18 saves. Lasalla winning face-offs isn't what makes him an X-factor. It's that he has 9 goals and 6 assists on the year.

With a lefty goalie facing two elite left wing shooters in Wisnauskas and DeMaio, if I'm UVA, I don't want to give either of those two any looks from 10 yards. They will light up Rode from those spots.

X-factors for Maryland on offense: Fairman and Long. UVA will probably slide quickly to Bernhardt but be slow to slide on Long and Bubba. UVM didn't slide at all to Long and he went 3 and 1. And of course, if Shockey can neutralize Lasalla and McNaney gets to 50% in the goal, UVA is in real trouble. I've been saying all year that if Maryland gets 50% in goal, 50% at the face-off, and nears 90% in the clear, they're nearly unbeatable because they'll give their offense so many possessions.

People can say that UVA's defense has gotten better with Kastner inserted into the line up to take the opponent's top dodger, but you're asking a freshman in the national title game to take on a senior who is the best player in the game? UVA had the 35th most efficient defense in the nation coming into the Final 4.

Going to make a score prediction that will certainly draw fire...16-10 Terps.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Wheels wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:58 pm Going to make a score prediction that will certainly draw fire...16-10 Terps.
That sounds about right to this neutral observer.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

The two best teams this year, the two teams who performed
best over the course of this entire flocked up year
are playing.

Other very good teams had their chances.
But the best two will be performing and on likely a
very good well manicured LACROSSE field.
Not one of those stinkin’ extra large football stadium.

“ Could be worse.
Could be raining. “

blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Wheels wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:58 pm Maryland has a "team of destiny" feel to it, and Bernhardt is on a mission. He seems unwilling to let Maryland lose.

Moore's shoulder injury is worrisome from a UVA perspective, but I don't think it changes much. Grill on Shellenberger. Makar on Moore. They're going to do what they've done to every attack unit since the end of the regular season.

Rode and Lasalla are the X-factors for UVA. Rode can absolutely steal a game. He plays a high crease and disrupts shooting angles. Even in the game where Cuse put up 20 goals, Rode still made 18 saves. Lasalla winning face-offs isn't what makes him an X-factor. It's that he has 9 goals and 6 assists on the year.

With a lefty goalie facing two elite left wing shooters in Wisnauskas and DeMaio, if I'm UVA, I don't want to give either of those two any looks from 10 yards. They will light up Rode from those spots.

X-factors for Maryland on offense: Fairman and Long. UVA will probably slide quickly to Bernhardt but be slow to slide on Long and Bubba. UVM didn't slide at all to Long and he went 3 and 1. And of course, if Shockey can neutralize Lasalla and McNaney gets to 50% in the goal, UVA is in real trouble. I've been saying all year that if Maryland gets 50% in goal, 50% at the face-off, and nears 90% in the clear, they're nearly unbeatable because they'll give their offense so many possessions.

People can say that UVA's defense has gotten better with Kastner inserted into the line up to take the opponent's top dodger, but you're asking a freshman in the national title game to take on a senior who is the best player in the game? UVA had the 35th most efficient defense in the nation coming into the Final 4.

Going to make a score prediction that will certainly draw fire...16-10 Terps.
Virginia probably shouldn't even bother to show up.........Just get back to Charlottesville and call it a good year.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

It appears that MD is the better team. With this said, face-off middies and goalies have been known to change games. Dramatically. BC Women beating UNC in the semis is a good recent example. UNC beat them by 10 in the regular season. On any given Monday...
Caddy Day
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

blue angels wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:28 am

Virginia probably shouldn't even bother to show up.........Just get back to Charlottesville and call it a good year.
Right. Just like Virginia shouldn't have bothered to show up against Yale in 2019. In 2019, UVa played in the first semi-final, got a few more hours' rest than Yale (an advantage Yale enjoyed in 2018). This year, the Hoos played the first semi-final...
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

FannOLax wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:51 amRight. Just like Virginia shouldn't have bothered to show up against Yale in 2019...
Though i haven't watched that game in 2 years, if i remember correctly, a big part of their W came from pure and simple grit. Winning the groundball war, giving good hits when the opportunities presented themselves, etc. Hard work doesn't go out of style.
Caddy Day
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:13 am
FannOLax wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:51 amRight. Just like Virginia shouldn't have bothered to show up against Yale in 2019...
Though i haven't watched that game in 2 years, if i remember correctly, a big part of their W came from pure and simple grit. Winning the groundball war, giving good hits when the opportunities presented themselves, etc. Hard work doesn't go out of style.
I thought Matt Moore took over.
Moore and Rode, of course.
But Moore took over on offense.

Is Shellenberger this year’s Matt Moore ?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

10stone5 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:25 am
Matnum PI wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:13 am
I thought Matt Moore took over.
Moore and Rode, of course.
But Moore took over on offense.

Is Shellenberger this year’s Matt Moore ?
hoos drove them nuts the 1st quarter on the ride. set the tone. the d was physical and including shorties didn't give lots of great looks. and when they got them, rode stoned them. moore ate and then it spread around to everyone.

sounds like a great formula. love how well the d is playing.

one team better clean up their turnovers from saturday.

lfg.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”