Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
6ftstick

Re: The Mueller Investigation

Post by 6ftstick »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:17 am Andrew McCabe says he’s filing civil lawsuit against DOJ

“I read that report very closely myself, I’ve been writing and reading investigative reports for over 20 years and that report was not like anything I have ever read before,” he said. “So I have big problems with that report, I disagree with the conclusions they drew and that is something that I’ll be raising in a civil lawsuit that I’ll be bringing against the Department of Justice.”

The Don maybe got to the IG and got the result he wanted?

You don't mean Trump. He's too stupid and inept to pull something like that off.

Maybe he had one of his more talented and capable underlings get to the IG.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Stupid and inept is one thing (and true)...having mob-sized chutzpah, not so much...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:33 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:28 pm Might be time to open a whole separate thread for "The SDNY Investigation"

Trumpa Nostra indeed...

The FEDS don't F' around
yawn........where is J. Edgars dress when we need the Feds illegally spying on US citizens. Dont fool around, my arse.

NOAA still shaking down fishing industry :roll: exactly
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:31 am
dislaxxic wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:17 am Andrew McCabe says he’s filing civil lawsuit against DOJ

“I read that report very closely myself, I’ve been writing and reading investigative reports for over 20 years and that report was not like anything I have ever read before,” he said. “So I have big problems with that report, I disagree with the conclusions they drew and that is something that I’ll be raising in a civil lawsuit that I’ll be bringing against the Department of Justice.”

You don't mean Trump. He's too stupid and inept to pull something like that off.

This could get interesting....McCabe may very well be an pulling okie-doke with his book and media tour, then announcing his lawsuit. In order to receive his pension, he may very well have to throw Rod, et al., under the bus....he may turn out to be another John Dean type.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:56 am
dislaxxic wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:28 pm Might be time to open a whole separate thread for "The SDNY Investigation"

Trumpa Nostra indeed...

The FEDS don't F' around
yawn........where is J. Edgars dress when we need the Feds illegally spying on US citizens. Dont fool around, my arse.

YAAAWWNN is right
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:09 am

Trumpa Nostra indeed...

The FEDS don't F' around

YAAAWWNN is right
gross.....wikipedia.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:14 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:09 am

Trumpa Nostra indeed...

The FEDS don't F' around

YAAAWWNN is right
gross.....wikipedia.
Try the video. It was a good documentary piece.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

This could get interesting....McCabe may very well be an pulling okie-doke with his book and media tour, then announcing his lawsuit. In order to receive his pension, he may very well have to throw Rod, et al., under the bus....he may turn out to be another John Dean type.
I see Rod is leaving DOJ in a couple weeks. I wonder if he also will do the book and talking tour thing like Comey and McCabe. While there might be some minor differences in each of their tales, very likely they all will corroborate the story of Trump's awful-ness.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 am

Wondering what you mean by "John Dean type"?

According to Trump I suppose that could mean "rat".

But most Americans believe that Dean ultimately did the right thing and told the truth. Is that what you mean?

BTW, McCabe seems to be very careful in not actually throwing Rosenstein under the bus, though obviously it's an uncomfortable position for Rod...but he announced his intent to leave quite a bit ago, anyway.

Even more importantly, Rosenstein and the DOJ are being very, very careful in their response, which in no way actually disagrees with McCabe and his story of what went down and why. They are characterizing things slightly differently in their emphasis, but not refuting the core elements at all.

Note also that the Gang of 8 aren't refuting McCabe, either.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:48 pm

But most Americans believe that Dean ultimately did the right thing and told the truth. Is that what you mean?
Yes, that quite possibly McCabe, being in a precarious position having lost his pension, then articulating in the 60 minutes interview that Rod was all over the place, throwing out all kinds of ideas on Trump, including wearing a wire and the 25th amendment, that McCabe has positioned himself as a voice of reason to settle Rod down. He also made sure to say he took notes, like Comey, and maybe those notes also include meetings with Rod et al. where things were said that should not have been said.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:48 pm

According to Trump I suppose that could mean "rat".

BTW, McCabe seems to be very careful in not actually throwing Rosenstein under the bus, though obviously it's an uncomfortable position for Rod...but he announced his intent to leave quite a bit ago, anyway.

Even more importantly, Rosenstein and the DOJ are being very, very careful in their response, which in no way actually disagrees with McCabe and his story of what went down and why. They are characterizing things slightly differently in their emphasis, but not refuting the core elements at all.

Who's asking them?

exactly
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:04 pmYes, that quite possibly McCabe, being in a precarious position having lost his pension, then articulating in the 60 minutes interview that Rod was all over the place, throwing out all kinds of ideas on Trump, including wearing a wire and the 25th amendment, that McCabe has positioned himself as a voice of reason to settle Rod down. He also made sure to say he took notes, like Comey, and maybe those notes also include meetings with Rod et al. where things were said that should not have been said.
Little hyperbole there perhaps. McCabe has quite clearly said that the two of them discussed NUMEROUS possibilities and threads in response to the notions they were facing ala The Don. Some folks call that "investigation", talking something over from a whole lot of angles and options...seeing what sounds right, wrong, in between. That they were facing an unprecedented situation is understating the whole episode.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:57 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:04 pmYes, that quite possibly McCabe, being in a precarious position having lost his pension, then articulating in the 60 minutes interview that Rod was all over the place, throwing out all kinds of ideas on Trump, including wearing a wire and the 25th amendment, that McCabe has positioned himself as a voice of reason to settle Rod down. He also made sure to say he took notes, like Comey, and maybe those notes also include meetings with Rod et al. where things were said that should not have been said.
Little hyperbole there perhaps. McCabe has quite clearly said that the two of them discussed NUMEROUS possibilities and threads in response to the notions they were facing ala The Don. Some folks call that "investigation", talking something over from a whole lot of angles and options...seeing what sounds right, wrong, in between. That they were facing an unprecedented situation is understating the whole episode.

Simmer down there diss, you haven't lost your pension over lying.

BTW, hot off the presses, Barr announced Mueller report coming as early as next week. Hope you have plenty of Xanax to calm you down when the report says the SC with hunt is over, big nothing burger between Trump and Russia. :D
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:02 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:57 pm

Simmer down there diss, you haven't lost your pension over lying.

BTW, hot off the presses, Barr announced Mueller report coming as early as next week. Hope you have plenty of Xanax to calm you down when the report says the SC with hunt is over, big nothing burger between Trump and Russia. :D
Correction: Trump Campaign and Russia
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

I'm going to remember everyone's position on this Russian stuff for a long time.

You have all lowered the bar so far, any forthcoming criticisms of new Presidents are going to be met with total derision.

What's disappointing is that millions of Americans don't seem to realize all that they have tolerated from the Trump administration with not so much as a shoulder shrug.

If I had known you all thought like this, I would have said following the Benghazi video tape lies, "so what? Lying to Americans isn't illegal, so what are you all complaining about? This is all a nothingburger".

You would have all thought I was INSANE for saying something like that. And you would have been right to think that.

And yet here we are in 2019....... you all think that if Trump isn't convicted of a felony, it means Trump and his crew did nothing wrong, so there's nothing to see here.

I'm sure you'll all have this attitude when a Democrat takes office, right? Right.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

You are using one helluva broad brush stroke to paint your mural, not very nice of you. ;)

You have just minimized this investigation based on your latest post to merely lying....cmon man, you are better than that. This entire investigation, as TLD like to remind us with the PDF file of the SC instructions (Order 3915-2017 b i, ii, iii) was to find anything and everything possible, with no narrowed scope...and now that we will likely(hopefully) see a nothing burger, you want to say Mueller ignored lies.
~Livy

old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:11 am
I see Rod is leaving DOJ in a couple weeks. I wonder if he also will do the book and talking tour thing like Comey and McCabe. While there might be some minor differences in each of their tales, very likely they all will corroborate the story of Trump's awful-ness.
They should all 3 collaborate on a Broadway play or a Mark Twain style speaking tour together.
old salt

Post by old salt »

So what ? They're not divulging the contents of a classified briefing, ...as McCabe is now doing.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:11 pm I'm going to remember everyone's position on this Russian stuff for a long time.

You have all lowered the bar so far, any forthcoming criticisms of new Presidents are going to be met with total derision.

What's disappointing is that millions of Americans don't seem to realize all that they have tolerated from the Trump administration with not so much as a shoulder shrug.

If I had known you all thought like this, I would have said following the Benghazi video tape lies, "so what? Lying to Americans isn't illegal, so what are you all complaining about? This is all a nothingburger".

You would have all thought I was INSANE for saying something like that. And you would have been right to think that.

And yet here we are in 2019....... you all think that if Trump isn't convicted of a felony, it means Trump and his crew did nothing wrong, so there's nothing to see here.

I'm sure you'll all have this attitude when a Democrat takes office, right? Right.
Trump was elected. The world spins on. The govt still has to function. Get over it.

Benghazi ? How many Americans has Trump abandoned to die in s*hole countries he threw into chaos ?
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:25 pm You are using one helluva broad brush stroke to paint your mural, not very nice of you. ;)

You have just minimized this investigation based on your latest post to merely lying....cmon man, you are better than that. This entire investigation, as TLD like to remind us with the PDF file of the SC instructions (Order 3915-2017 b i, ii, iii) was to find anything and everything possible, with no narrowed scope...and now that we will likely(hopefully) see a nothing burger, you want to say Mueller ignored lies.
I'm not minimizing anything. I never once believed Mueller would find anything regarding Russia-Trump ---I don't believe actual "collusion" occurred, and said as much the day Mueller was appointed. So you can't treat me like I'm backpedalling. I've had the same position this entire time.

But if you don't want me to paint with a brush like that, stop acting like you think all of Trump and his people's lies are ok. Don't diminish felonies as "process crimes". Don't tell us that you think it's ok to meet with a Russian spy looking for dirt on your opponent. Don't tell us you think it's ok for a sitting POTUS to have so many financial conflicts of interest. Don't tell us it's ok for a President and his advisors to lie about meetings and connections with Russians every chance they got...forcing your fellow Americans to strap on the tinfoil hats. Don't act like Mueller's suggested 20 year sentence for Manafort is a nothingburger.

You think if Mueller doesn't find prosecutable felonies Trump is all set, and all the stuff above never happened. You----and FoxNation for that matter----have set it up like this. If Mueller doesn't indict Trump, then you think nothing bad happened. This is nonsense, I'm sorry.

We're not even close to being on the same page here. America has hit a new low, and I'm sure as *hit going to be taking this attitude, held by many posters here, in mind when I read criticism of our next POTUS, assuming it ain't Trump. We have lowered the bar for our leaders by a mile. Surely you understand this?

"So what, that's not illegal?" should replace our National Anthem. :roll: ;)

Return to “POLITICS”