UNC
60%
Rutgers
40%

Total votes: 45

It aint over yet

Re: UNC vs Rutgers

Post by It aint over yet »

Rutgers coaching staff were fully aware that UNC had best riding team in the nation, Throw in a hot day/a deeper bench & watching as Rutgers last 3 clears ended up as turnovers how do you not adjust by calling a timeout in OT with player in trouble clearing? Any basketball coach n NCAA Tourney with a Final Four on the line would have called one.(those didnt get heavy criticism from ESPN CBS etc sports reporters/commentators etc) Action Reaction called for! I feel terble for those Rutgers players I was rooting for them make Final Four Tough way to lose.
a fan

Post by a fan »

It aint over yet wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:24 am Rutgers coaching staff were fully aware that UNC had best riding team in the nation, Throw in a hot day/a deeper bench & watching as Rutgers last 3 clears ended up as turnovers how do you not adjust by calling a timeout in OT with player in trouble clearing? Any basketball coach n NCAA Tourney with a Final Four on the line would have called one.
Lacrosse isn't basketball. Thankfully. They've ruined that sport for good.

Can you name another sport where fouling in the last minutes of a game is not only routine---it's rewarded? Me neither. Basketball rules makers took the game away from the players, and gave it to a guy with a tie on on the sidelines. Hard pass.

Every single person here complaining about the lack of a timeout would be lauding Brecht's savvy if whomever was matched up with attackman Gray took him to the rack and scored.

If I were king? No timeouts during play. Let the kids figure it out on the field. Just like they'll have to do in real life when they graduate.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:43 am
It aint over yet wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:24 am Rutgers coaching staff were fully aware that UNC had best riding team in the nation, Throw in a hot day/a deeper bench & watching as Rutgers last 3 clears ended up as turnovers how do you not adjust by calling a timeout in OT with player in trouble clearing? Any basketball coach n NCAA Tourney with a Final Four on the line would have called one.

Can you name another sport where fouling in the last minutes of a game is not only routine---it's rewarded? Me neither. Basketball rules makers took the game away from the players, and gave it to a guy with a tie on on the sidelines. Hard pass.

Every single person here complaining about the lack of a timeout would be lauding Brecht's savvy if whomever was matched up with attackman Gray took him to the rack and scored.

If I were king? No timeouts during play. Let the kids figure it out on the field. Just like they'll have to do in real life when they graduate.
College pass interference where it’s a 15yd penalty if you are a Db burned for a long one just drag the WR down?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
shaadb-man

Post by shaadb-man »

I think most are right in this situation and that it can be all of the above...

Rutgers had a great season
Rutgers had a great game plan and played an outstanding game
Rutgers should have called a timeout (this isn't a hindsight is 20/20 I was screaming TO when 44 the player who turned it over near the end of regulation stepped into the box only to throw it back to the trailing DMID who was in the box and slowed for a good 4-5 sec before the first check)

If your job is to put your team in the best possible situation to win Brecht did that all game, until OT. Having seen them turn it up on the ride, having seen the issues clearing at the end and after having three separate players touch the ball in the attacking 3rd (albeit the last one for sa split second) you call a timeout especially with the 6v6 offense looking much better throughout than your transition. UNC ride is much more lethal than their settled D and that is where you scored the entire game.

I equate this to getting 99/100 on a test. It's still an A+ it's still an exceptional accomplishment and the Rutgers season has a lot to be proud of and was definitely an A+, unfortunately they got the easiest question on the test wrong and that will haunt them.
bananas

Post by bananas »

Knights did tire. Just needed to get the ball to Adam in o/t.

Maryland was the best team we faced this year..
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

I agree bananas. Maybe we should ask farfromgeneva if he agrees, lol. I am sure farfromgeneva will correct our thinking if he disagrees. If not, we can reference one of his 6,000posts on fanlax.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

i thought brecht and the staff did everything right from start to finish. what a coaching job. the knights should be glad they have that staff. and they obviously trust their players.

will need to reload with some new attackmen next year, but a big step to coach and play well in the tourney, their 1st in a long while.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

Great season by RU! No one should laugh now when I said two months ago that they had a chance to win the NC. They proved today they were not a fluke team. It was theirs for the taking yesterday but too many gimmes to UNC who found a way as great teams always do. Even though the Knights lose their attack next year and the best goalie in college lacrosse, they return a ton of talent who can make some noise again. Just got to move some pieces around like Scott to attack. Gallagher coming back would be nice too. Sprock and Knobloch can lead the midfield. The defense will be solid and so many SSMDs coming back too. Kammish, Coyne, Russo, Rahl, Felix, Franko, Stahancyzk will make it hard for the opposition to get comfortable. Thank you for a great season men!
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

a fan wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:43 am If I were king?
No timeouts during play.
Let the kids figure it out on the field. Just like they'll have to do in real life when they graduate.
Remember a few years back when coaches could request a horn and substitute at any dead ball?

Lax Gods dumped that.

I hope the Gods listen to the king and adopt your suggestion :? ;) :P
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:01 pm
a fan wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:43 am

College pass interference where it’s a 15yd penalty if you are a Db burned for a long one just drag the WR down?
Not equivalent. The equivalent would be for DB's to pull down the wide receiver on every single play from scrimmage for the last minutes of a game. That's what they do in Basketball----keep fouling, and hope they miss free throws.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

RURICK wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:53 pm I agree bananas. Maybe we should ask farfromgeneva if he agrees, lol. I am sure farfromgeneva will correct our thinking if he disagrees. If not, we can reference one of his 6,000posts on fanlax.
Maybe we can see if you’ll ever figure it out.
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

Gray with the defensive play of the year for UNC? Maybe.
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

Go back to facebook and post something. There are many experts of nothing there. You should feel very comfortable, lol.
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

My last post was meant for farfromgeneva.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

RURICK wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:43 pm My last post was meant for farfromgeneva.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ks072waMayk
Oak St

Post by Oak St »

Congrats to the Heels but they must play MUCH better championship weekend

Freshman Goalie doesn’t disappoint in his native island

Tillman stepping up HUGE

First line middies seem to be off without Cook in settled 6v6. Herbert seems to easily beat his guy with right to left split, but after that, doesn’t seem to be a passing or shooting threat

This wasn’t the first game when the ball is in Perry’s stick with the game winding down. Very fortunate the RU defensiveman seemed to think Perry still had the ball while falling down as he turned his back to McCarthy which gave CM an extra 6-7 yards to get to the cage. Perry is a time and room shooter and should NOT be initiating for the final set.

0-4 on EMO, with Cook putting 2 in the goalie stick 1v1

The definition of leaving it ALL on the field is Justin Anderson, specifically in the 4th quarter. Unbelievable performance from #21 offensively and riding. Young bucks, watch how this UNC team is relentless on the rides and causes turnovers.

RU goalie finished with 16 saves, but we put at least 6-7 in his stick-

The graduate transfer steps up to run with the firsts with JA cramping and sends the Heels to Final Four weekend

Best players find a way to win and Gray does it on the defensive side of the field. You can’t teach that

Go Heels !!
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

Farfromgeneva, I agree with the video. I am not a putz like you.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Please define "in the box". Is it past midfield or the old box within the restraining lines? Does the latter have any significance anymore?
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Drcthru wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:35 pm Please define "in the box". Is it past midfield or the old box within the restraining lines? Does the latter have any significance anymore?
it's offensive thirds now. i'm not even sure why they have north-south lines in nc$$. tradition, maybe? or i'm missing a rule.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Drcthru wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:35 pm Please define "in the box". Is it past midfield or the old box within the restraining lines? Does the latter have any significance anymore?
Restraining box only seems applicable for face offs now?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”